Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yakuza 3 is the best one. Also for me has the best soundtrack too, mini game master trophy sucks though.

Liked yakuza 3 as well. I mean tbh even when ranking some games higher or lower, it doesn't mean they're bad games. There is no bad game in the yakuza series xD (well yakuza 4 is close haha but it still had some redeeming points)

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Liked yakuza 3 as well. I mean tbh even when ranking some games higher or lower, it doesn't mean they're bad games. There is no bad game in the yakuza series xD (well yakuza 4 is close haha but it still had some redeeming points)

Exactly, they are all great games (so far from what I've played), but 3 pulled on my heart strings again like 0 did. I won't go into detail here and hijack Copanele's thread, but I can't wait to read more of the reviews, I'm glad you are getting so into them. I guess these type of discussions are best left for the Lets Play Yakuza thread, until he catches up.

23 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Exactly, they are all great games (so far from what I've played), but 3 pulled on my heart strings again like 0 did. I won't go into detail here and hijack Copanele's thread, but I can't wait to read more of the reviews, I'm glad you are getting so into them. I guess these type of discussions are best left for the Lets Play Yakuza thread, until he catches up.

Lmao, about hijacking my thread...this is what I had in mind right now xD 

@Grotz99 - Yakuza 3 really pulled on my heart strings

@PooPooBlast - All of them are good as long as it's not Yakuza 4

Me - * Blasting "I wanna be your girl" full volume * Ayo which dress matches Koyuki's eyes, that also increases her "Cute"status so I can get max money from Hostess club???

As you can see, I don't mind at all and even have gotten way into this series xD as long as there's no spoilers (currently at Chapter 4 in Kiwami 2, beating up the other unsavory girls from other clubs). Of course, I also have a status update...and maybe I should get into Let's Play Yakuza thread too. Poopooblast, explain via PM ?

Also @PooPooBlast .... Yuki...KoYuki

tenor.gif?itemid=5096707

For the other people that follow this thread...sorry. Yakuza has gotten control over my life lately ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Me - * Blasting "I wanna be your girl" full volume * Ayo which dress matches Koyuki's eyes, that also increases her "Cute"status so I can get max money from Hostess club???

Oh man... One day you can surprise your GF xD and do her makeup. I'm sure she'll be impressed. You can say Yakuza taught me. xD 

8 minutes ago, Copanele said:

as long as there's no spoilers

Don't worry that's not my style :).

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Also @PooPooBlast .... Yuki...KoYuki

You might be onto something :lol: (No spoilers btw)

Spoiler

IAkv8iW.png

Young Yuki??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

1f602.png

Lol, one of my favorite parts of the series for sure! I always got weird looks from my wife though when I played that part, and some parts I wouldn't even play when she was around like the photo shoot...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Lmao, about hijacking my thread...this is what I had in mind right now xD 

@Grotz99 - Yakuza 3 really pulled on my heart strings

@PooPooBlast - All of them are good as long as it's not Yakuza 4

As you can see, I don't mind at all and even have gotten way into this series xD as long as there's no spoilers (currently at Chapter 4 in Kiwami 2, beating up the other unsavory girls from other clubs). Of course, I also have a status update...and maybe I should get into Let's Play Yakuza thread too.

Alright, fine! You win @Copanele.  Lol.  

n6CyDqB.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Copanele said:

For the other people that follow this thread...sorry. Yakuza has gotten control over my life lately 1f602.png

Don't feel bad Copa! I've always had an appreciation for the series from afar (watched a full let's play of Y0 and YK1) and while it's not quite my type of genre to wanna dedicate hundreds of hours to them I love reading reviews about games people are passionate about. As someone who's kinda been in a nomadic period with no fun sequels to look forward to since I finished Banner Saga I'm kinda envious you have a franchise you're loving so much :P 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, realm722 said:

Don't feel bad Copa! I've always had an appreciation for the series from afar (watched a full let's play of Y0 and YK1) and while it's not quite my type of genre to wanna dedicate hundreds of hours to them I love reading reviews about games people are passionate about. As someone who's kinda been in a nomadic period with no fun sequels to look forward to since I finished Banner Saga I'm kinda envious you have a franchise you're loving so much :P 

It was more of a "sorry not sorry" situation xD but damn it does feel good to get hooked in another franchise, that is true. Basically if I don't have the mood to complete the stuff from my backlog or I am in a "mneh not sure what I want to do but I still have to be idle at work", I can simply fire up another Yakuza game. There are never too many mahjong tournaments to be won xD

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I can relate. I appreciate the videos on Guilty Gear and that one SNK fighting game, but I will never play them myself. 

However, I have the AOF Anthology, which is going to be a beast of some proportions.

Heheheh I can't help but rub my hands like a fly in anticipation for when you will start THAT ? oh baby it will be a treat. 

Also, random rambling. Apart from Yakuza Kiwami 2 which is my main focus and GG Strive that comes next week, the other game that I greatly enjoy from my backlog is... Persona 4 Arena!!! 

That game is so goddamn difficult in a fun way I can't help but love it. UMvC3 has way too much capcom grind, Mirror's Edge is good but it's a platformer in the end and Catherine... I would rather replay Shadow of the Colossus on PS3. But P4A is delightful! Sick combos, amazing soundtrack, fun characters... I think I will even consider the game for a milestone since plat 150 is around the corner. 

But yeah, rambling over xD just wanted to reaffirm that yes, I like Persona 4 Arena. And no, I will still never play a regular persona game ? arena will have to do. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Heheheh I can't help but rub my hands like a fly in anticipation for when you will start THAT 1f602.png oh baby it will be a treat. 

Also, random rambling. Apart from Yakuza Kiwami 2 which is my main focus and GG Strive that comes next week, the other game that I greatly enjoy from my backlog is... Persona 4 Arena!!! 

That game is so goddamn difficult in a fun way I can't help but love it. UMvC3 has way too much capcom grind, Mirror's Edge is good but it's a platformer in the end and Catherine... I would rather replay Shadow of the Colossus on PS3. But P4A is delightful! Sick combos, amazing soundtrack, fun characters... I think I will even consider the game for a milestone since plat 150 is around the corner. 

But yeah, rambling over xD just wanted to reaffirm that yes, I like Persona 4 Arena. And no, I will still never play a regular persona game 1f602.png arena will have to do. 

You're going for the P4A plat? Well if anyone can do it, it's you, but that's gonna be an insane task man. As for not wanting to play a regular Persona game, I'd feel guilty if I didn't mention that the regular Persona games totally live up to the hype. Unless you don't like JRPGs (in which case, fair enough).

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

You're going for the P4A plat? Well if anyone can do it, it's you, but that's gonna be an insane task man. As for not wanting to play a regular Persona game, I'd feel guilty if I didn't mention that the regular Persona games totally live up to the hype. Unless you don't like JRPGs (in which case, fair enough).

Yeah that's....kinda my issue xD I do admit that the persona games are CRIMINALLY good. But... i really don't like jRPG. Idk, they don't hit the buttons that I need :D 

But yeah, I am specifically going for the P4A plat BECAUSE it's such a nasty one. I kinda got the Score Attack mode figured out (for some characters at least), all I need to do is practice practice and more practice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

I wish I could say the same for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

27 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I mean... I love JRPGs and hated Persona 5. Who knows, maybe the game is weird enough that someone that doesn't like JRPGs could like the game..? 1f602.png

For me normally it's the combo of turn based + only a specific combo of heroes work + those damn tropes. I normally like Turn Based games...non-japanese ones unfortunately xD . I do blast some Persona soundtrack from time to time, but never am I gonna actually touch them.

The only exception will probably be Yakuza 7 Like a Dragon, because I already am going forward with the series and that game looks like pure cocaine. 

But even I admit, it's weird to hear that you like jRPG and hate Persona 5 xD ain't that like one of the best out there? Or so they say?

Or is it something like me and Shadow of the Colossus.

39 minutes ago, Copanele said:

But even I admit, it's weird to hear that you like jRPG and hate Persona 5 xD ain't that like one of the best out there? Or so they say?

Or is it something like me and Shadow of the Colossus.

Without going into too much detail... I hated the time-management mechanic. I hated the dating-sim aspect, the socializing.... Shut up you stupid cat! I decide when it's time to go to bed!

So at least the combat was good? Nope. Got pretty bored pretty quickly, even playing on the higher difficulties.

I dunno. Might be a stylish game and all, but it didn't click with me. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Without going into too much detail... I hated the time-management mechanic. I hated the dating-sim aspect, the socializing.... Shut up you stupid cat! I decide when it's time to go to bed!

So at least the combat was good? Nope. Got pretty bored pretty quickly, even playing on the higher difficulties.

I dunno. Might be a stylish game and all, but it didn't click with me. 

Yeah, sounds like my gut feeling was right too xD that's how I imagined Persona too.

Well at least I won't get sent to sleep in P4Arena, only to the main menu when I get murdered.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@Copanele & @Arcesius

While I respect both your tastes enormously - I feel this thread need a dissenting opinion to counterbalance, and so...

PERSONA 5 RULES!1f604.png1f604.png

Okay, got that outta my system.

Carry on 1f61a.png1f602.png

Oh yes it does rule. Not in this kingdom though ??

Had to ❤️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

While I respect both your tastes enormously - I feel this thread need a dissenting opinion to counterbalance, and so...

PERSONA 5 RULES!1f604.png1f604.png

Alright, sorry @Copanele, more details needed after all ?

So.. Persona 5 is one of those rare games that I didn't enjoy BUT that I would consider to be a "good game", whatever that means. It's my fault, really. I usually play games I am interested in playing. In the case of P5, I didn't really want to play the game. I didn't watch some gameplay and was like "wow, this looks like something made for me". But people just wouldn't shut the fuck up about that game and, I eventually gave in. 

Now, I don't mind time gates in games. I think the timed doors in Dead Cells are a genious motivation to pick up the pace (even though they weren't yet there when I played the game). I love that songs end in Crypt of the NecroDancer, so you cannot just play it too safe. I enjoy speedruns and time attacks in games designed around those mechanics. 

But when I play an RPG.. I don't want to feel like I'm running out of time. Those games are enormous and want to be explored. And I want to do that at my own pace. I don't want to think "I want to enter Mementos in two days. I still need new weapons, I need to visit the doctor, and I haven't hanged out with my girlfriend in like a week. Oh, and my part time job that I just go whenever I feel like it is waiting as well. Damn, but it's Sunday tomorrow, so everything is closed..." 

That's not fun. At least it's not fun to me. And you know what? I knew it wouldn't be fun. From all the Final Fantasy games I've played, there is only one that I only played through once. Can you guess which one? 

Exactly... Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. For the exact same reasons. 

Additionally, I just got fed up with the game constantly recaping the entire day (the phone conversations in the evening), just in case I'm 3 years old and cannot remember the last 20 minutes ?

So, long story short.. P5 is probably a good game if you are into that kind of stuff. But it wasn't for me, and I knew it. Still, I enjoyed the first 35-40 hours or so, so hey... it's not all bad ?

• Like 3

No need to give extra explanations, I know exactly what you mean (I bet DrBloodMoney knew too, as a man of science that he is xD )

HOWEVER :

4 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

So.. Persona 5 is one of those rare games that I didn't enjoy BUT that I would consider to be a "good game", whatever that means. It's my fault, really. I usually play games I am interested in playing. In the case of P5, I didn't really want to play the game. I didn't watch some gameplay and was like "wow, this looks like something made for me". But people just wouldn't shut the fuck up about that game and, I eventually gave in. 

This is where everything went down tumbling xD damn I love when that happens.

I still need to find that dude who pestered me into playing Shadow of the Colossus and choke him to death. Friendly choke of course, but not the kinky way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Alright, sorry @Copanele, more details needed after all 1f605.png

Now, I don't mind time gates in games. I think the timed doors in Dead Cells are a genious motivation to pick up the pace (even though they weren't yet there when I played the game). I love that songs end in Crypt of the NecroDancer, so you cannot just play it too safe. I enjoy speedruns and time attacks in games designed around those mechanics. 

But when I play an RPG.. I don't want to feel like I'm running out of time. Those games are enormous and want to be explored. And I want to do that at my own pace. I don't want to think "I want to enter Mementos in two days. I still need new weapons, I need to visit the doctor, and I haven't hanged out with my girlfriend in like a week. Oh, and my part time job that I just go whenever I feel like it is waiting as well. Damn, but it's Sunday tomorrow, so everything is closed..." 

That's not fun. At least it's not fun to me. And you know what? I knew it wouldn't be fun. From all the Final Fantasy games I've played, there is only one that I only played through once. Can you guess which one? 

Exactly... Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. For the exact same reasons. 

Additionally, I just got fed up with the game constantly recaping the entire day (the phone conversations in the evening), just in case I'm 3 years old and cannot remember the last 20 minutes 1f602.png

So, long story short.. P5 is probably a good game if you are into that kind of stuff. But it wasn't for me, and I knew it. Still, I enjoyed the first 35-40 hours or so, so hey... it's not all bad 1f605.png

I love P5, but I respect this. Usually when people crap on P5, the comments are either vague or suggest that the writer never got past the first dungeon.

At least you gave it a chance and have concrete reasons for not liking it.

• Like 2