Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

43 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Awesome write-ups, Copanele. I loved reading through these, especially those last two about Soul Calibur VI and Quake, as those are games that deeply interest me. =D

SC VI, in particular, looks like a proper continuation of the series. V was rather bland despite being mechanically solid. VI looks like it's going to be more of the same but with a more familiar cast, I guess? I just hope the fights and main campaign can be as interesting as they were in the old SC games. And man, Taki was always stacked as fuck. Not my favorite female fighter in the series, but she definitely carries the largest plot with her. xxD

Many thanks !!!

I so wished to write more about SC VI  but I believe you would truly appreciate that game more, being more knowledgeable than me with the series and all.

As for girls...yeah now that I think of it, personally I was more impressed by Sopithia, but Taki was the most "in my face " so to speak 😂

Soulcalibur sure has a good roster out there that is for sure😌

Now, Quake sounds sweet. I love me some old-school shooters, and Quake here sounds exactly like Doom but with more 3D-ishness to it, which is just awesome. This is not surprising considering that the developers behind it are the same guys from Doom. Honestly, the appeal of these boomer shooters always lies not only in their fast-paced action and movement but also in the strategic combat of having to micromanage which weapons you're going to use and how you can turn the monsters against themselves and whatnot. It's all good fun. ^^

Yeeees especially that part with the micromanagement!!!

I had instances where I just reloaded a save because " I could do that section better" . Why use 5 rockets and a grenade when I can use 2 grenades, aggro enemies to accidentally shoot each other then watch the carnage unfold. 

Quake really made you plan out some sick strategies and find some ways out whenever you were suddenly outnumbered. No wonder it's considered one of the greatest videogames ever made, according to Wikipedia at least

Quake's nightmare difficulty sounds a lot like Doom 3's, in which you have to deal with your health continuously trickling down to 25. That and the beefed-up monsters of course. Challenging, but still entertaining and fair.

Yep pretty much! Although I gotta say, I did enjoy Quake a great deal more than Doom 3 😆

Classic Doom's nightmare difficulty, though. Oh boi, I really look forward to the day you boot those up. The amount of cussing I'm going to read on Discord is going to be spectacular, lmao. xxD

Oh man you sure are waiting for that moment huh 😂 well I do have the games so I will eventually play them.

When however...that's the trick question. I know it will be painful that's for sure!

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 10:30 PM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 274 - SoulCalibur VI

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1703656833

Platinum Name - 1Sb12508.pngA New Story of Swords and Souls

Hardest Trophy - 27S625d5f.pngMaster of Style by a Mile - defeat an Ancient in Libra of Souls

Difficulty - 3/10 - compared to SCV, this one was a cakewalk

There's a certain type of games that simply won't click for you anymore once you've missed the hype train. For me, it's the Soulcalibur series, a series that I completely missed when it was launched. I played SC5 a while ago (fun game, terrible trophy list) and now after SC6 I have to say...this series ain't for me 😅 It doesn't mean that the games are bad, it's just that I feel no particular attachment or drive to play a Soulcalibur game, no matter how good it might be. Sometimes it just doesn't click like that.

In Soulcalibur, you usually have to deal with some tremendously powered sword and its wielder Nightmare. Several characters try to either find or destroy this damn sword. Or, at least that's what I understood from the little plot that I followed. Because to be honest...the moment I saw some beautiful knight getting saved from impending doom by an incredibly busty ninja (like GODDAMN that ninja puts the girls in DOA5 to shame) I was "hahaha yeah no, skip to the story". Do not get me wrong though, I do not complain about the design of the characters, god bless them, it's just that I couldn't take the story seriously anymore 😂

To be fair though, I doubt the story would improve my mood for the game, since for instance I haven't followed the story of Tekken or Blazblue either, yet I absolutely love those games.

BNEA_SCVI_Taki_screenshot_01_1525248684-1.png

Yeah, I am sure there's also a plot there somewhere

Moving on...the main single player modes are Soul Chronicle - which is the Story mode, following the adventures of the SoulCalibur characters, and Libra of Souls - a custom mission based campaign where you create your own character and start your own adventure. 

Soul Chronicle is your average "evil guy must be defeated" mix, you whack dudes in the head in a nice 3D environment. A nice addition is the guest character Geralt from the Witcher series, who somehow got portaled again in this weird world. Poor Geralt, can't take a break no matter what.

maxresdefault.jpg

Damn portals and samurai

Libra of Souls is the more interesting mode. In this mode you create your own character and go to town with any style you prefer. For the least amount of hassle I picked the Cervantes style, where you wield 2 pirate gunswords and you spin around like Bison from Street Fighter.

Libra of Souls happens throughout the entirety of Europe/Africa/Asia. You fight several dudes and have to close several portals where you are invaded by other players' avatars. It's a rather monotone mode so I barely remember anything that happened there. There are some challenging fights (like the Master of the style you pick) but overall you can get through the mode in 2 days at most. Still, I had more fun with this compared to Soul Chronicle

418328761-888237003045721-66154657013039

418821323-770833471239224-65827309152639

My Souls main Agnatiel has found her way in this weird world...and she's ready to throw down!

As gameplay, SoulCalibur 6 follows the same control scheme like all its predecessors: Square button attacks horizontally, Triangle attacks vertically, Circle is a kick and X is block. You can combine these buttons to pull various special attacks, one of them being an odd rock-paper-scissors mode with the enemy. There is a sort of tactic in the game, it resembling Samurai Shodown where you have to bait the opponents for a mistake. In terms of combos however...yeah I still have no idea how the hitboxes work in this game 😅

Ok, to not prolong this already painful review...I didn't "feel" this game. I didn't feel any particular joy or excitement whenever I was successfully hitting the enemy. I didn't dislike the game but I had a profound "MEH" feeling from start to finish. As mentioned, maybe it's because I didn't grow up with the games. I also am aware that skipping the story severely diminishes the excitement of the game but my god I couldn't handle that High Final Fantasy mumbo jumbo 😅 just not my kind of jam.

Still, I can't blame the game for my own preferences. SoulCalibur 6 in itself is still a gorgeous game in my opinion and has some solid gameplay. It didn't catch my heart, but maybe it will convince others of its quality. So I can only recommend it at a discount, because it would be a crime to bash it. Not when characters like Sophitia exist :D 

THE GOOD:

• game looks amazing
  • you have a lot of styles and weapons
  • female characters look absolutely gorgeous
  • detailed character creator
  • solid controls
  • Libra of Souls is actually rather fun
  • Geralt as a guest character

THE BAD:

• it really wasn't my kind of game
  • it's not really that complex of a fighting game
  • really, had nothing memorable to say about the game

RECOMMENDATION - Samurai Shodown 11307AZcQtHR_Hfmi3-boF2L_VHFNcNSH0FOWsNA6uHSo0_I97FwU8YSHTHDmI_VrEqitg7YhYSei9smaICGyVK7MTU8S8li.png I really had way more fun playing this SNK classic, with its DLCs. The only caveat is the absolutely horrible online, which is way worse than in SC6

Ah man, too bad you don't like that franchise. I bet it's because you missed the first three entries of Soul Edge/Soul Calibur.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gommes_ said:

Ah man, too bad you don't like that franchise. I bet it's because you missed the first three entries of Soul Edge/Soul Calibur.

Yep, probably that's why :( 

Ah well, I can have a few misses here and there XD 

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yep, probably that's why :( 

Ah well, I can have a few misses here and there XD 

Yeah you can :) . Maybe the ones who like it are still stuck in the past (like me), cause commercially that franchise is not doing that good and I think a potential part 7 will take a while to come out. If it even comes...

• Like 1

Congrats!

I forgot about Breakers before your review. I did wishlist it, so apologies in advance for the raging  :D

SoulCalibur 6 is one that I feel I have to give a chance to since I hated the legendary SC2. It at least seems easy from what you wrote.

I thought Quake would have been much harder, but even if it was, you dodged a huge bullet with Quantum Theory.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats!

I forgot about Breakers before your review. I did wishlist it, so apologies in advance for the raging  :D

This one will be a breeze compared to AoF. The AI is still cheap but the rage levels won't be that high 😆

SoulCalibur 6 is one that I feel I have to give a chance to since I hated the legendary SC2. It at least seems easy from what you wrote.

Ngl I wish I grabbed SC2 when everyone played it. Ah well I can emulate it on PC just to see hiw the game feels. 

As for SC6...yeah you'll smoke it 😆 it's not even that long,  I expected Libra of Souls to take me ages! But it all went relatively fast.

I thought Quake would have been much harder, but even if it was, you dodged a huge bullet with Quantum Theory.

Yeah same, but I took a gamble, anything was better than Quantum 😂 guess it paid off in the end!

That damn Q letter, always eluding us in the A-Z events. Although X is truly the one that is the most painful!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 276 - Wet

Wet_game.jpg

Awesome shit as always my friend. I remember seeing this game in the used bin in the last gen (wait... gen before that) literally every time I went to a shop. Now I know why!

Then I stumbled across Sifu and my god I got angry with that game, was even ready to label it "disappointment of the year" despite being fundamentally a good game. 

Makes me so sad, I got really excited about that being on PS+. No idea where I got the idea that it was supposed to be good tho🤣

Sometimes Rubi can slide straight ahead like you tell her to:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952830kv4ek3k5uipu70zt

Sometimes, Rubi decides that gravity, direction and purpose have no place in her game and decides to slide...fuck knows where, you'll find out once you're on the ground:

deja-vu.gif

And finally, if there's an explosive barrel on the ground, chances are that Rubi will trigger her inner homing missile mode and aim straight to the fucking thing, just for it to be blown away by the enemies and killing her in the process:

945c4646820390f116fedae15b6fc11f.gif

Fantastic🤣

1.  flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Preach!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been waiting for this review! Really glad I didn't do this for my W UR, I truly didn't think it would be that bad despite your multiple attempts to warn me lol.

It drives me insane when games are hard as a result of shitty controls as opposed to needing skill. I can tell I would have raged hard playing this.

Shame, this sounds like a story I'd enjoy in the sense of laughing at it. I just finished my first playthrough of White Day and enjoyed the story, but I'm dreading doing 20+ more playthroughs and playing on Hell Difficulty. The gameplay is flawed there too, but your review of Wet is making me feel like I made the better choice.

Congrats on the well deserved W UR entry!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

I've been waiting for this review! Really glad I didn't do this for my W UR, I truly didn't think it would be that bad despite your multiple attempts to warn me lol.

It drives me insane when games are hard as a result of shitty controls as opposed to needing skill. I can tell I would have raged hard playing this.

Shame, this sounds like a story I'd enjoy in the sense of laughing at it. I just finished my first playthrough of White Day and enjoyed the story, but I'm dreading doing 20+ more playthroughs and playing on Hell Difficulty. The gameplay is flawed there too, but your review of Wet is making me feel like I made the better choice.

Congrats on the well deserved W UR entry!

Thanks dude! I suffered here so you don't have to 😂

NGL I was this close to recommending this game to you BEFORE playing it. So glad I actually started it first and went NO, BACK OFF! Because if I raged at this...you would've smashed something for sure.

8 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Awesome shit as always my friend. I remember seeing this game in the used bin in the last gen (wait... gen before that) literally every time I went to a shop. Now I know why!

Yep, it should remain in the bin where it fucking deserves 😂 I will sell it back at the first occasion, someone else should take this curse off my hands.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Aw man. I did this one back in 2020 and I didn't think it was THAT bad. I mean, god damn, you tore this thing a new one. Great write up as always though, it sure was an entertaining read 😂

So, that's what I also heard from a friend who played this game recently. He didn't experience any major bugs, he just said "it's an incredibly boring game but other than that and some clunk it wasn't that bad".

Guess the game just wanted to mess with me and go "I am on PS3, nobody will believe you" and activate all the bugs and glitches at once 😂 one of the moodiest games I've ever played

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

So, that's what I also heard from a friend who played this game recently. He didn't experience any major bugs, he just said "it's an incredibly boring game but other than that and some clunk it wasn't that bad".

Guess the game just wanted to mess with me and go "I am on PS3, nobody will believe you" and activate all the bugs and glitches at once 😂 one of the moodiest games I've ever played

To be fair to Wet if I may, I believe it had a rocky development cycle and it was all acquired by Zenimax/Bethesda mid-development which I think lead to it being a bit janky and unfinished/unrealised. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

@Copanele

I can't believe you found and played Ender of Fire. I too somewhat enjoyed it until I had to beat that dragon on hard THREE times. That trophy can pound sand. Honestly can't say I'd recommend it to anyone 😜

Yep this was quite the hidden game 😂but would you believe that I had way more issues with the ant queen than with the dragon? For the dragon i just approached his head, attacked twice and ran away triggering his claw swipe. Did that for all phases.

Ant queen just randomly jumped in the air and did a stupid AoE that was unavoidable.

Also for some reason some of my bosses randomly died. Talk about beneficial glitches 😂

2 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

You had already sold me on this as my E UR, but that glitch with the bosses dying is hilarious. XD

Sounds like an easy game for sure.

Yep it is very easy indeed 😆 the only nasty part is the grind, you have to farm 1 mil gold and you can get around 15k- 20k gold in 10 mins or so, depending how lucky you are. Difficulty really ain't an issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Yep it is very easy indeed 😆 the only nasty part is the grind, you have to farm 1 mil gold and you can get around 15k- 20k gold in 10 mins or so, depending how lucky you are. Difficulty really ain't an issue.

Yeah that grind is awful. I found connecting a second controller and dragging them along and letting my main gather everything seemed to help get more gold. I could be wrong but it seemed faster. Or maybe because I was dealing with a second controller I was more distracted 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Super_Mep
Redundant text
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, Copanele said:

:platinum: 266 - Lies of P

Lies_of_p_cover_art.jpg

Platinum Name - 1S00c270.pngLies of P

Hardest Trophy - 14Sa19498.png Golden Melody - find and play all records

Difficulty - 5/10

Fromsoftware's "Souls" series are some of the most iconic videogames in the past decade. From the Dark Souls series, to Bloodborne, Sekiro and the newly released, acclaimed and GOTY'ed Elden Ring, these games got a fame of their own. Obviously, many companies tried to emulate that success, but most of their games pale in comparison to the "Souls formula". Most of them focus solely on combat, throw in some cryptic "world's fucked we ain't telling you why" items and call it a day. I believe that other than Salt&Sanctuary, no other soulslike game came even close to what makes Fromsoftware games great.

Until now...buckle up everyone, because Lies of P finally cracked the code, figured the mystery and got its hand stuck into the Adaptability jar. 

This game finally understood what makes "Souls" games great, took the idea, molded it and created something short of a masterpiece. This game was so good that I couldn't believe it right until the end when I saw the end credits and the epilogue.

And the shocking part - this is the first game of its kind developed by Neowiz Games and  Round 8 Studios. I am absolutely shocked but also immensely pleased that they actually sat down and UNDERSTOOD the concept.

But what makes Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Elden Ring this great? In my opinion, it's not only the combat and the tough but fair bosses. For me, what makes these Fromsoftware games great is the atmosphere and the world building. It's not Ornstein and Smough that made Dark Souls great, it's the fact that you, the average schmuck with a rusty sword, manages to crawl like the ultimate cockroach in a world filled with deadly zombies and mad powerful gods and somehow sit at the top. It's not Malenia that makes Elden Ring amazing, it's the fact that you get tasked by a random girl to beat some demigods into submission, you get a stupid horse and you're told to fuck off wherever you feel like. It's this whole stew of beautiful but oppressive setting + unique way of telling a story + tough but fair encounters where there's multiple solutions to one problem, that make the games be as loved.

And that's exactly where Lies of P succeeds - starting with our main protagonist Pinocchio...or let's call him P for now.

Untitled-design-2023-09-18T114325.118.jpg

The winner of  "become a real boy!" program

For those few that don't know, Pinocchio is a story about a wooden puppet that struggles to become a real boy. This game takes that plot and twists it in a Bloodbornesque way. In the great city of Krat, people figured out how to make animated dolls, basically automatons, with a special substance called Ergo. With this, Krat became an industrial superpower, where all the labor was done by the puppets while people were thriving. However, in one day, every puppet in the city went rogue and starting hacking away their masters, turning the city into an utter nightmare.

You are the last puppet, unaffected by the puppet frenzy. A mysterious girl Sophia wakes you up and urges you to find Gepetto, the original puppet maker, and discover what caused the puppets to go crazy in the first place. Obviously, the puppets won't recognize you as one of their own, so you'd better deal with the whole madness while you're at it.

Lies-of-P-review-policeman.jpg?ssl=1

Do ye have a permit for this area, boy?

The first sign that the devs understood what they have to do is seen from the first time you leave the train where you were sleeping and enter in the actual city: Krat is an absolute marvel of a destroyed city, similar to Yharnam from Bloodborne (abit TOO similar - more on that later). The Victorian setting works wonders for a puppet frenzy, giving an extra layer of creepiness to each of these deranged automatons. You can see the horrors everywhere you go and you truly feel that yeah...shit's pretty bad!

Luckily, P is a puppet that had the latest "combat pack" model installed into him, so he is very proficient at fighting. The combat in this game is a mix between Bloodborne and Sekiro, where you have a large array of weapons, from small but quick daggers to slow heavy hitting wrenches that can stagger a puppet in one hit. You can block with these weapons, but it's a technique that won't last you long, since blocking makes you lose a portion of "regenerative" health, this health being recovered by attacking back (the rallying system from Bloodborne). However, if you time your blocking right before the attack strikes you, you can parry attacks Sekiro style. Parrying is way more useful than simply blocking, because not only does it stagger the enemy, but you also have a chance of breaking the enemy's weapon. Bosses included!

The combat has truly been treated with great care, P is very fluid with his attacks, which is required because...oh boy are the enemies tricky in this game. If you're not on your guard, they'll rip you to shreds instantly. Given all the variety of weapons, you have multiple ways of approaching combat, each tailored for every type of player. I can't believe how much fun I had with a self-imposed BONK build, where I simply pumped points into health, carry weight and strength and proceeded to sweep the streets with a huge swordspear, Nameless King style. For those more focused on sneaking, they have a wide array of daggers, rapiers, katanas and such. Sadly there's no magic in this game but those who want to go "elemental" they can focus on electric sticks, fire daggers, aciding hammers or even various throwables that are really potent now. And finally, for those who feel abit more "exotic". P comes equipped with a legion arm, a robotic mechanism that allows you to do various unique attacks from stringing puppets with a hard steel wire, shooting flames, shooting a gun or even creating an actual shield to protect you Dark Souls style.

The most unique mechanic that no other Souls or Soulslike game has is the ability to mix any blade with any hilt from the weapons you own. Say you have a circular saw with a long handle. You can detach that handle and put the saw on a short hammer's handle. It will transform your weapon from a long but slow buzzsaw to a short quick minisaw that will make quick work of anything is near you. Or you can put a stupid electric coil on a police baton and go spread justice throughout the city. Or hell, get that nice fire dagger, strap it on a spear stick and poke fire from afar. This mechanic is endlessly fun, there's so many silly ways to experiment with weapons in this game, I couldn't even cover them all in my 2 playthroughs.

And of course, let's not forget about boss weapons. Each boss that you fight drops their Ergo and you can convert that Ergo into the classic boss weapons. Hint - they're equally demanding and powerful. Every boss weapon is an absolute powerhouse with their unique abilities, so you definitely want to get your hands on them.

There's a lot of options there and all of them work equally well. Truly, there's no wrong way of fighting in this game.

k17Smu.gif

The "Get over here" moment from the trailer. Yep that's definitely a viable tactic

The combat is great, but that's not why I love the game. The reason this game is so great for me is because of the story, its characters and the ability to lie.

P is not like the other puppets. P is a character that has its own agency, its own free will and can do whatever he desires. Which means, unlike the other puppets, P can also lie when needed, which is an unique mechanic that is the focus of the game. Normally in the story Pinocchio's nose grows whenever he lies, but isn't lying an ability unique to humans? And isn't Pinocchio's aim to become more human?

This is the part that made me fall in love with the game. P can lie his way through and interact with the other characters in a way no others can. He is unique in this bleak world, he's trapped between being a puppet and being human-like. It's only with your decisions throughout the game that you decide whether to "be a good boy" or follow your own convictions. 

Every other character is amazing in its own rights. Sophia, your "Maiden in Black" that levels you up is also a mysterious girl that slowly reveals her past the more you advance throughout the story (and she easily beats every firekeeper in the Souls games, hot take I know). Venigni the brilliant inventor that promoted the city of Krat looks like a pompous buffoon but is also a great man with a great heart that is always eager to help. Lady Antonia and her puppet butler Polendina offer you insight about the Krat Hotel, your base of operations and the only safe haven in the devastated city. You even find the mischievous Fox and her brother Cat, always up to no good and with a hidden backstory. And of course...Geppetto. You'll love Geppetto. Who doesn't love Geppetto? 

Of course, I won't get into spoiler territory, but the more you advance throughout the story the more disturbing things get, to the point where a mere puppet frenzy is preferable to the true horrors that the city hide. And again, the more you advance the more disturbing everything gets. Play and you shall see :lol:

rleldyvhb3pb1.png

Truly the fairest blue fairy

I really struggle to say anything bad about this game really. If there's only one downside...it's the fact that they copied Bloodborne a bit too much. I know it's expected from a new company and let's be honest, they copied one of the best games ever made, but the game truly gets his own identity after you're 50% in. The first half of the game will feel a bit "Bloodborne 2.0". 

Also there's a severe lack of optional areas to explore, although I can't complain too much. Lies of P is a linear game but in the context of the story it makes sense. You only have one optional area that is unlocked via a semi-obscure sidequest, but it's nothing too big.

Honestly, I'll stop the review here, because I start to get into the "this game is great because it's great and that's what makes it great" mood. Simply put, Lies of P is the best parts of Bloodborne and Sekiro, and if you loved those games then this game is a no-brainer. If you played the abysmal demo, ignore all that, the devs patched, tweaked, cleaned and oiled every single gear, to the point where I was still not believing that the game is THAT GOOD. The game did not lie to me one bit, it's pure quality through and through. Even the endings managed to impress me, the bad ending was especially bad and got me into "they simply can't do that man, it's not fair..." :lol: which I quickly fixed by going after the best ending. The game has 3 endings, all depending on how good of a liar you are, so be careful what you pick 😆

As for me...this is not just a great game. This is a game that makes me glad that I play videogames. This gets the highest awards out there from my side. I rarely find a game that can keep me this invested from start to finish. I'll take a short break, finish a couple more games and then fire up the PS4 version. I played through this game twice, NG+ brings so much new stuff (NieR players will LOVE the second playthrough) so yeah, I am pretty sure of my ranking. This game is pure quality.

Well done devs! Still can't believe it. Glad I bought this game physical, it deserves no less.

THE GOOD:

• The game's atmosphere and the city of Krat tells me that the developers understood the Souls formula
  • The combat is top notch
  • A story that rivals the source material
  • A huge amount of solutions to the problems the game throws at you
  • I could find no major issue with the game from start to finish
  • NG+ and NG++ adds new content for their respective playthroughs
  • The Krat Hotel is by far the best hub in Souls games
  • You can change the hotel's music via gramophone by collecting various records
  • Sophia
  • There's no truly bad boss in this game
  • The epilogue donkey kicks you out of nowhere
  • The lying mechanic is actually implemented smart in this game and offers you different rewards depending on your choices
  • The fact that you can mix weapon handles and blades creates endless amount of fun and mayhem

THE "NITPICK" because I have to write something here:

• It copied abit too much from Bloodborne in the first half of the game
  • the game slightly favors Motivity builds
  • maybe an extra optional area? 

Recommendation - Bloodborne bloodborne-the-old-hunters-walkthrough-and-guide-3689-1446551433654.jpg?width=1200&height=900&fit=crop&quality=100&format=png&enable=upscale&auto=webp The main source of inspiration and the OG that won't leave PS4 and 30 FPS 😂 Bloodborne is the textbook definition of masterpiece

I told you I'd be back!

I love this review and it seems you suitably gushed over it as I'm sure I will when I do my post. It's so great to finally have a competent souls-like though right?

However, you said this:

The combat is great, but that's not why I love the game. The reason this game is so great for me is because of the story, its characters and the ability to lie.

For me, the combat is the main reason I love this game, particularly the boss combat. The story and characters were just dressing for me. The slight additions they brought in from From's combat systems really changes the game and marrying sekiro and bloodborne is a stroke of genius in my opinion. Deflecting attacks is just so damn satisfying.

Looking forward to the DLC and hopeful sequel?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonesey46 said:

I told you I'd be back!

I love this review and it seems you suitably gushed over it as I'm sure I will when I do my post. It's so great to finally have a competent souls-like though right?

Hah, I've been waiting for this!

1 minute ago, jonesey46 said:

However, you said this:

For me, the combat is the main reason I love this game, particularly the boss combat. The story and characters were just dressing for me. The slight additions they brought in from From's combat systems really changes the game and marrying sekiro and bloodborne is a stroke of genius in my opinion. Deflecting attacks is just so damn satisfying.

Looking forward to the DLC and hopeful sequel?

Ah I can explain very well why the story and characters did it for me. I played several Souls-likes and despite them having a good combat (The Surge, Nioh), none of them touched that "something"that made Souls magical to me, like the atmosphere or world building. Lies of P managed to absolutely nail it and that's why I held that aspect in high regards.

Of course, I am not disregarding the combat, heavens forbid! This game has a better combat than all the souls games brought together, I couldn't have enough of it 😂 as you said, Sekiro x Bloodborne = love was indeed a match made in heavens. Stroke of genius was combining weapons with handles.

Yeah let's be honest, this game is fantastic 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! I love a good beatemup. I would have picked this for my UR V if I hadn't already finished Virtua Fighter 5. Despite the grind, this one sounds like a better choice.

Yeah I remember we discussed about Virtua Fighter 5 :D the grind and the fact I am not that excited about that particular game, really makes Viking Squad more fun.

Besides, you can play it online with friends! 

• Like 2