Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

Kudos for the highly engaging post of 2023 awards! Really loved your recos, and stay-the-fuck-aways 😆

I got a lot of Fighter's Destiny memories when you mentioned Dead or Alive 5. That old N64 game had a similar mode where you had to survive 100 matches, starting from easy to batshit crazy (almost all characters pull an insta-kill combo/move at the beginning of the match later on).

Diablo II sounds like the new Star Ocean, long grinds but I do agree that Diablo II is a masterpiece.

SF6 definitely sounds like a great fighter to tackle. I saw some videos and it feels easier to pick than the nightmarish 1-link combos of SSFIV.

Thanks for posting this m8! And congrats on the new additions for the trophy log.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

Hell yeah, some Copa listy goodness!!

Awesome work homie, not that I expected any less, of course! You've given me a few gifts - a reminder that I need more Yakuza in my life, and assurance that if I play Uncharted 2 and it makes nary an appearance in my year-end post, it's totally okay😂

However, I am now back to wanting to play Hellsinger... and realizing that I've been saying "Hellslinger" all this time like a jack ass😭

And what's worse, urges to play Diablo II crept up on me again! GET THEM OFF OF ME!! GETTEMAWFFFF!!!!!

Good shit man, and congrats on yet another prolific af year👊

• Like 3

And thus concludes the year! It's very excellent to see Diablo 2 get some rep, especially with how hit-or-miss Blizzard can be (hopefully they indefinitely postpone our life contract with Overwatch 2 DLC trophies 😬)! I remember when it got released and people reacted to how long the trophies would take, so I'm glad the process has been somewhat streamlined since, but even so, 500+ hours is a very dedicated feat!

Also, not gonna lie, this is how I feel the dynamic is between you and DB Raging Blast after giving it so many mentions 😂 A horrible game, but one that's left an impression nonetheless! I feel as though the name "Raging Blast" was a nuanced, poetically cruel choice by the developers.

tumblr_mt0bvwgUyP1szeb3uo2_r3_500.gif
tumblr_mt0bvwgUyP1szeb3uo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

God I love this time year - it's like the Checklister's 12 Days of Christmas, as my wishlist fills up!

Once again, your proclivity for fighting games and Japanese origins means your gaming year is always the most filled with games to who's titles I can only say:

544159.jpg

😆

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK - EASIEST PLATINUM/100%

Sonic the Fighters

Ah, the brown-streak blue-blur!

Always happy to see him get a mention.

BACK TO THE MINES - GRINDIEST PLATINUM

Diablo II Resurrected

I remain astounded that this one got finished - and that you were still digging it after that unholy amount of hours! 

Takes quite a game to do that - I think Tetris and hitman are the only games I've managed to come outta a grind like that still loving, so Diablo is in esteemed company as far as I'm concerned!

A SIGHT TO BEHOLD - PRETTIEST GAME

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Daaaaamnnn - I really didn't expect to see this game taking that particular crown - I've yet to get my mitts on it, but this bumped it up a notch - looks like a serious looker, and your positive comments in the review have stuck with me!

STAY AWHILE AND LISTEN... - BEST STORY

Soulstice

really....

....I am intrigued...

...on the "to-research" pile you go....

MEMORABLE FIGURES - BEST CHARACTERS

Briar & Lute (Soulstice)

Goddammit, between you and @Platinum_Vice, I'm going to need to steal this category for future years. 

This seems too much fun not to dive into...

WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? - BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR

Ghost of a Tale

HONORABLE MENTION 1 - ASSASSIN'S CREED MIRAGE

One on the wishlist, one on the console...

...I am getting there, sir! I promise!

MY DISAPPOINTMENT IS IMMEASURABLE... - MOST DISAPPOINTING GAME

Horizon: Forbidden West

Dag-nabbit!

I still have this to play, and you just keep shunting it down the list...

...I'm still holding out hope I'll be the outlier, and be the one who's like "Naw, it's great"....

...but you're not making it easy!

BEST GAME OF THE YEAR 2023

Diablo II Resurrected

haha - it almost had to be to sustain those hours, right!?

Great year, and congrats on that one especially - a hell of a gaming notch on your belt!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

Such a loaded year for you Copa. Some massive games taking up your time and some others needing your skill. 

You know, there's probably a parallel universe out there where Horizon Forbidden West requires 500 hours to complete...

Maybe another parallel universe where the characters are good.

Maybe.

Looking forward to reading about your 2024 experiences. 👊❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 9:04 PM, Platinum_Vice said:

Such a loaded year for you Copa. Some massive games taking up your time and some others needing your skill. 

You know, there's probably a parallel universe out there where Horizon Forbidden West requires 500 hours to complete...

Maybe another parallel universe where the characters are good.

Maybe.

Looking forward to reading about your 2024 experiences. 👊❤️

Well, no matter how many parallel universes, it seems that in each of them a damn fine game is launched right after a Horizon game :D 

Big thanks, likewise! Can't wait to see what you cook up in 2024, together with my laptop's inability to load up your screenshots 😂 

19 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Awesome recollection of this year's gaming experiences, Copanele. Surely a year to remember filled with jewels and stinkers alike. Happy to hear again that you had such a blast playing Diablo 2. As someone who heard of your progress, exploits, and strategies on Discord on a constant basis, I can definitely tell that one is one of your top games not only of the year but maybe of the century, lol.

This year for me was much more laid back and lacking in terms of games completed due to a number of reasons you guys already know, but I am hoping this next year I can get back on track and complete not only the behemoth of a backlog I have haunting me but also many of the games you and many others have introduced me to over here. I always enjoy reading what you guys are up to in terms of gaming since it gives me an idea of what to keep my eyes on.

Girl Fight certainly takes the shit award this year. It was such a bland and boring experience. A complete affront to us degenerates who want to get some quality T&A in our fighting games, haha. xxD

Hope to keep reading more from you in 2024! I always enjoy that unique sense of humor in those reviews of yours. ;D

I wonder if the devs of Girl Fight see random purchases in 2023 and go "wait, is someone still buying the shit we did??". It would be hilarious :D sure counted as a stinker to remember!

I know 2023 was a chiller year for you  but it's all good, now you're all set for the big backlog battle of 2024....whiiiich will probably start and end with Genshin Impact, that game looks like a gift that keeps on gacha giving! In any case, always thanks for providing the truly needed Felicia luck buffs :D they really helped this year!

14 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Massive congrats on your accomplishments this year. I been looking forward to reading this since I last checked in with you. I did a similar thing after getting some inspiration from yourself and some other threads last year. Will be doing my own version very soon :) 

Seeing all those fighting games being completed on your list through the year is the best part of the the whole post for me :holy: No surprises there Im sure lol.

Big, big thanks there! Really waiting to see what you'll prepare for us there :lol: 

And yeah...in terms of fighting games...I'll admit, I've been a bit busy this year 😂 That damn DoA5 feels like ages ago though!

I have my own award I would like to hand out in the comments section. This thread wins my award for most tea drinks per read. I may not always comment but I do intentionally save a few posts to read with a cup of tea at hand ♨️ It's always a good read when I visit this thread. 

That's one badge I'd proudly wear 😂Sorry about your tea reserves, I should send a box as compensation :lol: 

I'm feeling proud to see SF6 win best gameplay and for a hot minute I thought it could win your GOTY. Of course, Diablo II is deservedly up there as it's your most played game. SF6 is something truly special and it's my most played PS5 game already 😂

It was so, SO close...probably 2nd place if I am to be fair. Street Fighter 6 was phenomenal

But man...Diablo 2 was just too magical. I don't know, it grabbed me like no other game did this year. It had to win!

As always, I am very happy to see Shadowman get mentioned 😍 This game just kept on giving and that new Shadowman Darque Legacy game should be coming next year? Us Shadowman fans eating good. 😋

You are right! I forgot there's a new trailer, holy smokes! 

Yeahhh definitely a good year for Shadowman fans! 

I didn't expect to see AC Mirage win best visuals after seeing Horizon 2 DLC being PS5 exclusive and taking full advantage of the hardware. 

I am thinking that AC Mirage being better than Horizon for me was another weird "wut?" moment for most. 

To be fair, from an objective point of view Horizon has better graphics, shit's way more detailed...but the whole world didn't tell me anything. It was just the most textured ruins ever. Dinosaurs were cool but when you're running for your dear life you barely see them.

The Baghdad in AC Mirage however? The explosion of colors, chilling on the roof of the Palace and observing the stars and being one flying carpet away from taking part in one of the "Thousand and One Nights"...Ubisoft did some magic there.

Or, to quote a caveman brain quote, which is me : " the pretty in AC is more pretty ". My artistic sense is more tingled there :D 

Onwards to 2024 and I will no doubt continue enjoying to read more on all the new games you will be playing.

Looking forward to what 2024 will bring as well :D 

• Like 2

Congrats on your most recent trophies!

Blade Arcus looks like Persona 4 Arena Lite to me. I'm excited to play that one at some point. It's been a while since I played a challenging fighting game. If you gave it a 7.5, I'm gonna suffer lol.

I was surprised to read that Them's Fighting Herds wasn't terribly hard. The little bit that I heard of it before made it sound like it would be a 10/10. I didn't know about the slowdown option.

Your awards were a good read. I didn't know you hated Raging Blast THAT much. I should stay away, but I really like Dragon Ball. I know I'll make a dumb choice. XD Btw, I usually enjoy the Game Awards thread posted by Mayus(IIRC). If he doesn't post one this year, do you mind if I use your format?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats on your most recent trophies!

Blade Arcus looks like Persona 4 Arena Lite to me. I'm excited to play that one at some point. It's been a while since I played a challenging fighting game. If you gave it a 7.5, I'm gonna suffer lol.

Big thanks! Yeah I am fairly certain you will like Blade Arcus, but certain characters will annoy you 😆

At least it's moderately cheap, compared to other fighting games.

I was surprised to read that Them's Fighting Herds wasn't terribly hard. The little bit that I heard of it before made it sound like it would be a 10/10. I didn't know about the slowdown option.

Yeah without the slowdown option, that game is pure evil. But with the slowdown you won't have any issues at all.

Your awards were a good read. I didn't know you hated Raging Blast THAT much. I should stay away, but I really like Dragon Ball. I know I'll make a dumb choice. XD

Oh god...man, no amount of Dragon Ball love is worth the absolute pain that piece of crap is willing to give. Jump Force is a masterpiece compared to that garbage!

Fair warning, if you start that game let me know in advance so i can help with online boosting (and laugh in anticipation)

Btw, I usually enjoy the Game Awards thread posted by Mayus(IIRC). If he doesn't post one this year, do you mind if I use your format?

Go wild 😁 haven't trademarked this format!

• Like 1

Small main post overhaul - since finding past reviews was an utter headache, I decided to update the main post a bit.

I added a List of PlatinumsList of Non-platinums (100% only)Unobtainables (only 2 games there atm) and Miscellaneous stuff for DLC and other posts/rants.

Now it should be way easier to check or find which games I've completed, compared to the utterly random search bar that the site has.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 9:15 PM, Copanele said:

2023 Game of the Year Awards

Nice list! Another year well spent. Great year in terms of games, platinums, and reviews alike. 

SMOKING SEXY STYLE - BEST GAMEPLAY

Street Fighter 6

And this is why I like this corner of the forums. A fighting game in the best gameplay category is a rare sight.

Good award post in general. Screw you, Game Awards! :D

I legit need to sell this game so I will remove the possible curses it may have.

LMAO. This game is like the cassette from Ring. The only way to get rid of the curse after you played it is to pass it on :D.

@Slava because the rum is gone and I realized that he's a fellow "hard to get bored" player :D 

My pleasure. Always nice to visit this thread after each new notification.

I hope 2024 is as great if not better than 2023. Excited for some potential reviews from you because ... 

don't say it, don't say it, don't say it...

24gzkd.jpg

MIRROR'S EDGE PLAT IN 2024 FOR SURE, RIGHT?

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Man you destroyed Jump Force XD

I wish I would have skipped the story... It really is that bad, I only enjoyed the final fight with all the manga panels flying in the background, nice to recognize some iconic manga moments of the SJ (The ones that did the models of Naruto and Boruto really hates the series...)

Since 5-10 hours in the game it only became a loophole of Hundred Rendeing Fists - Airtight - Black Coffin - Level Up... Congrats on the plat! You did it pretty fast!

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Man you destroyed Jump Force XD

I wish I would have skipped the story... It really is that bad, I only enjoyed the final fight with all the manga panels flying in the background, nice to recognize some iconic manga moments of the SJ

Since 5-10 hours in the game it only became a loophole of Hundred Rendeing Fists - Airtight - Black Coffin - Level Up... Congrats on the plat! You did it pretty fast!

Yep unfortunately...I tried to power through the story mode but I ultimately tapped out. 

I enjoyed the side missions more because there were some funny interactions with the DLC characters. Some were even borderline disturbing, like when Dio asked Yugi to show him the power in a very Dio-like pose :lol: I had to take a photo with my phone because, as we all Bamco enjoyers know, that annoying message "Recording was blocked" kept spamming

Dio.jpg

That final fight was pretty fun though not gonna lie. The manga panels were a nice touch.

I am just pissed that they didn't add my man Gintoki :lol: he was SO hilarious in J-Stars

• Like 2

I know you just wrote about your review of Jump Force but I can't help but mention the only Deku I know of are the scrubs in Zelda 🫢 

No, not those type of FGC Scrubs either...🤣 

Shout out again to the dev for the obtainable Platinum despite the server shutdown. Wish that happened more often. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

No, not those type of FGC Scrubs either...🤣 

Might be random, but you know what this game needed? A clip with a certain legend going "Get that Ichigo ass banned"

ltg-low-tier-god.gif

And yeah, props to the devs, pretty much almost nobody in the dev companies actually care about trophies and how obtainable they are

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Might be random, but you know what this game needed? A clip with a certain legend going "Get that Ichigo ass banned"

ltg-low-tier-god.gif

And yeah, props to the devs, pretty much almost nobody in the dev companies actually care about trophies and how obtainable they are

I really miss watching clips of LTG streams. Pure comedy 🤣🤣

• Like 1

All I can say is this. My favorite SJ property is Death Note (and Shaman King but I hear that's its own can of worms) so like... Why can't I play as Light? Why would they tease me with his presence and then not let me play as him? 0/10 game tbh, I'd have sat through the load screens for Light 😐

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

All I can say is this. My favorite SJ property is Death Note (and Shaman King but I hear that's its own can of worms) so like... Why can't I play as Light? Why would they tease me with his presence and then not let me play as him? 0/10 game tbh, I'd have sat through the load screens for Light 😐

The biggest insult to injury is that Light Yagami doesn't do anything of substance even as a support.

So you can give a -2/10 just because of the nerve of the plot writer😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1