Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

The biggest insult to injury is that Light Yagami doesn't do anything of substance even as a support.

So you can give a -2/10 just because of the nerve of the plot writer😅

On a mental power level scale he should be like one of the highest members of the team too! What a wasted opportunity D:

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 9:50 AM, Copanele said:

417664422-948392096866777-30979067328109

Tomb Raider trilogy - I actually wanted to start Tomb Raider and I think the 3 classics are the best for it. That means 3 extra games to the backlog: Legend, Anniversary, Underworld

And yes, I know that there's the new Tomb Raider games too, I will play those as well no worries

The Tomb Raider trilogy is a great set of games, I hope you enjoy them! I completed all three 13 years ago now and from memory, Anniversary was the most annoying, Legend was the most fun and Underworld was kind of janky but charming and I ended up really loving it by the end.

I actually miss those old classic collections on PS3. I had the Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid ones. All amazing games and being able to unlock trophies on them was great.

Your poor PS3 is never retiring 😂 how is it possible with so many great unplayed games though?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

The Tomb Raider trilogy is a great set of games, I hope you enjoy them! I completed all three 13 years ago now and from memory, Anniversary was the most annoying, Legend was the most fun and Underworld was kind of janky but charming and I ended up really loving it by the end.

I actually miss those old classic collections on PS3. I had the Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid ones. All amazing games and being able to unlock trophies on them was great.

Your poor PS3 is never retiring 😂 how is it possible with so many great unplayed games though?

Yep, my PS3 will not retire any time soon because my god there's so many great collections. I will secure a physical Prince of Persia collection if I find it anywhere, just for safekeeping :lol: 

I will tackle the Tomb Raider trilogy in the nearby future, checked some gameplay and man...these games were something else :D 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:50 AM, Copanele said:

417664422-948392096866777-30979067328109

Tomb Raider trilogy - I actually wanted to start Tomb Raider and I think the 3 classics are the best for it. That means 3 extra games to the backlog: Legend, Anniversary, Underworld

And yes, I know that there's the new Tomb Raider games too, I will play those as well no worries

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden - I bought this one on a whim (it was really cheap), but after that purchase everyone told me that the game sucks massive ass. Checking the reviews...every review says that the game sucks massive ass.

However this game has a manual with the actual backstory of the main character, an asshole ninja who...bangs fiery priestesses/ninja chicks? Huh,game might be ass...

This one goes into the maybe pile. If I like the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy I might give it a go. If not, I'll sell it back for..whatever the buyer wants to give me for it. A bottle of apple juice would do

Ratatouille - This is a gift from my sister featuring the greatest chef in existence since the dude who invented pastries. This one has no trophies, so I have no pressure regarding playing it. But I will play it regardless.

I hate you Copanele. I'm still thinking about playing, yes ONLY playing all 3 games on your list and I don't care about the plats on these games. So it will be a nice exp. and btw. I totally forgot about Ratatouille. Loved that movie!!

From your backlog I can recommend Wet, Enslaved (Not care about the plat, I hate collectibles lol) and of course Mirror's Edge (can't wait when you start it tho).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I hate you Copanele. I'm still thinking about playing, yes ONLY playing all 3 games on your list and I don't care about the plats on these games. So it will be a nice exp. and btw. I totally forgot about Ratatouille. Loved that movie!!

Seems I am a bad influence with my gaming choices here hahah😂

Yeah Ratatouille was damn awesome, I loved it as well! Hope the game holds up at least!

13 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

From your backlog I can recommend Wet, Enslaved (Not care about the plat, I hate collectibles lol) and of course Mirror's Edge (can't wait when you start it tho).

Wet is a guarantee, I just need the right mood for sexy action style gameplay 😁

I have heard a lot about the horrible collectibles in Enslaved. Really makes me wonder if they're as bad as the newer Assassin Creed games. Regardless I got the full collection ready + the DLC. 

And as for Mirror's Edge...I started that one in 2016. But...I am probably the worst platformer player on the site so periodically I grind those stars, hoping that some day I will reach the 100%. A fantastic game, but not fit for my croissant coordination unfortunately 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Yep, my PS3 will not retire any time soon because my god there's so many great collections. I will secure a physical Prince of Persia collection if I find it anywhere, just for safekeeping :lol: 

Ho man - I cannot wait to read the post when you realise that the difficulties don't stack in that Price of Persia collection 😂

Already completed the game on Hard and Medium?

Well that's all well and good....

....but can you do it on easy🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So uh...I tried playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West...

In the course of 5 minutes, I had the following issues: 

• Framerate drops so bad the entire game was a slideshow
  • Monkey randomly disappearing during cutscenes (when I took back my equipment, I have no idea what I got on me, it was just an empty screen with sound effects)
  • Monkey briefly disappearing during gameplay
  • game crashed my PS3, had to manually reset it

I have the digital version, reinstalling the game just made the game itself run worse 😅 tried other games (Castlevania LoS2 and some car game) and those work like a charm.

From those who recommended me this game, did anyone else experience this? Because at this rate unfortunately I might have to cross this one off my PS3 list. I don't want to nuke grandpa PS3 😅

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Copanele said:

So uh...I tried playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West...

In the course of 5 minutes, I had the following issues: 

• Framerate drops so bad the entire game was a slideshow
  • Monkey randomly disappearing during cutscenes (when I took back my equipment, I have no idea what I got on me, it was just an empty screen with sound effects)
  • Monkey briefly disappearing during gameplay
  • game crashed my PS3, had to manually reset it

I have the digital version, reinstalling the game just made the game itself run worse 😅 tried other games (Castlevania LoS2 and some car game) and those work like a charm.

From those who recommended me this game, did anyone else experience this? Because at this rate unfortunately I might have to cross this one off my PS3 list. I don't want to nuke grandpa PS3 😅

Never had these kind of issues. Not a single one. That sounds really bad tbh. However, I did play the physical version but I can't imagine that one being so different when it comes to playability.

4 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Never had these kind of issues. Not a single one. That sounds really bad tbh. However, I did play the physical version but I can't imagine that one being so different when it comes to playability.

Unfortunately, I will have to call it quits on this game.

I reinstalled the game a third time. This time I managed to get past the cutscene where Monkey equips his staff without him disappearing from the screen or the playstation crashing.

BUT ... I got to the combat mech areas....and the combat was...sorry for using Dark Souls 2 memes:

iHycbX.gif

I had that tutorial where I had to roll. I rolled and somehow the robot blitzed right on my head. I could not die but the particles from Monkey's staff slowed down the console big time. After that I had to face 2 robots and ..yeah that's where I deleted the game 😂

So, terribly sorry Ninja Theory, but I can't play this in its current state. Maybe in the case of a remaster but like this...nah

PS3 GAMES BACKLOG

1. Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD
  2. Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2
  3. Catherine 🤢
  4. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  5. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage
  6. Jet Car Stunts
  7. Mirror's Edge
  8. Risen 2 Dark Waters
  9. Simple 500 series: Mahjong
  10. Quantum Conundrum
  11. Ratatouille
  12. Tomb Raider Anniversary
  13. Tomb Raider Legend
  14. Tomb Raider Underworld
  15. Wet
  16. Zuma

PS3 "MAYBE" GAMES BACKLOG

1. Blades of Time
  2. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 
  3. X-Blades
  4. Yaiba Ninja Gaiden
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Unfortunately, I will have to call it quits on this game.

I reinstalled the game a third time. This time I managed to get past the cutscene where Monkey equips his staff without him disappearing from the screen or the playstation crashing.

BUT ... I got to the combat mech areas....and the combat was...sorry for using Dark Souls 2 memes:

iHycbX.gif

I had that tutorial where I had to roll. I rolled and somehow the robot blitzed right on my head. I could not die but the particles from Monkey's staff slowed down the console big time. After that I had to face 2 robots and ..yeah that's where I deleted the game 😂

So, terribly sorry Ninja Theory, but I can't play this in its current state. Maybe in the case of a remaster but like this...nah

PS3 GAMES BACKLOG

1. Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD
  2. Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2
  3. Catherine 🤢
  4. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  5. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage
  6. Jet Car Stunts
  7. Mirror's Edge
  8. Risen 2 Dark Waters
  9. Simple 500 series: Mahjong
  10. Quantum Conundrum
  11. Ratatouille
  12. Tomb Raider Anniversary
  13. Tomb Raider Legend
  14. Tomb Raider Underworld
  15. Wet
  16. Zuma

PS3 "MAYBE" GAMES BACKLOG

1. Blades of Time
  2. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 
  3. X-Blades
  4. Yaiba Ninja Gaiden

That's a real shame because I hear a lot of good things about this game. It's so niche that I highly doubt it will get the remaster/remake treatment. Although, stranger things have happened. 

Oh and that Dark Souls 2 gif is hilarious. 

• Like 1

Catching up on my friends' PSNP reviews for the first time in a while, and holy shit you have gotten a lot done. Nice!

It's good to finally welcome you to the Jump Force platinum club. Like you and everyone else, the loading screens ruined the game for me. Honestly, I don't think the game was that bad otherwise. And I didn't think about this until @FreshFromThaDeli said it, but respect to the devs for making the plat obtainable after the servers went down.

I wasn't expecting much from Aquapazza, but since I'm planning to play it, I'm relieved to see that it's not the grindfest that AH3 is.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Catching up on my friends' PSNP reviews for the first time in a while, and holy shit you have gotten a lot done. Nice!

It's good to finally welcome you to the Jump Force platinum club. Like you and everyone else, the loading screens ruined the game for me. Honestly, I don't think the game was that bad otherwise. And I didn't think about this until @FreshFromThaDeli said it, but respect to the devs for making the plat obtainable after the servers went down.

It's so funny because I bailed so hard on this game, abandoning you 3 with it...just to have an unexpected turn of events and play this garbage eventually. Funny how fate works.

Yes, it wasn't atrocious, I didn;t have the miserable experience I had with ...Battle Fantasia or Injustice in terms of trophies. It's just that my disappointment levels were so high it generated salt.

4 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

I wasn't expecting much from Aquapazza, but since I'm planning to play it, I'm relieved to see that it's not the grindfest that AH3 is.

Pick that up with no care in the world.

Word of warning though...there's one guide up there with some misleading trophies, that don't pop as the guide mentions. Let me know when you get to the game :D 

• Like 1

I've marked this to come back to cause I'm trying to avoid any possible spoilers for this one. it's sitting on my shelf right now and I'm planning on playing very shortly. Super excited for it too! I promise to come back and read once I've played it myself 😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I've marked this to come back to cause I'm trying to avoid any possible spoilers for this one. it's sitting on my shelf right now and I'm planning on playing very shortly. Super excited for it too! I promise to come back and read once I've played it myself 😊

Agreed. I didn't cover spoilers in the post, but still, read it after you're done with the game :D 

Hope you'll have as much fun as I had :lol:

• Like 1

Wow. GOTY and it's only January. 

Glad you liked it.

Pinocchio is such a rich and archetypical story about stepping out of your father's shadow to become your own man, and about the power of authenticity and Will to Power. Was this expressed in the game?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Wow. GOTY and it's only January. 

Glad you liked it.

Pinocchio is such a rich and archetypical story about stepping out of your father's shadow to become your own man, and about the power of authenticity and Will to Power. Was this expressed in the game?

Just to avoid any kind of spoilers, I'll answer with a simple YES 😂

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 12:15 AM, Copanele said:

The game has 3 main modes: Platforming, where you have to get your car to point A to point B in 10 tries or less, tracks getting more and more difficult, with loops and suspended rings mid-track

Neat how you mention this game being similar to Trackmania, because this Platforming mode sounds a ton like Trackmania's Royal mode! 😅 Pretty much the same premise, you've got user-made tracks that have multiple tiers, noted by colours White > Green > Blue > Red > Black, with each getting tougher than the last. Nice to see the Nations shoutout as well, that one's always a classic. 😎

On 1/22/2024 at 4:04 AM, Copanele said:

The most unique mechanic that no other Souls or Soulslike game has is the ability to mix any blade with any hilt from the weapons you own.

I find it pretty funny how with other games being comparable to Dark Souls, someone came up with endearing term "Soulslike", with it being a widely agreed upon appreciation... Yet when it comes to other game genres or series out there, you find fans who rip each other apart at the notion of one being "similar" to another like it's a bad thing! 😂 Dark Souls fans EMBRACE inspiration from others!
It's bizarrely awesome how Souls games and Heavy Metal music are considered hardcore from outside audiences, yet their fans are somehow the most wholesome! 😂

• Like 1