Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

2 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

If you are enjoying UC3 I think that trajectory will continue with UC4.  I recall (and it's been awhile!) the general tone of the games get's more and more mature as you move through the series.

Oh thank the Lord, it means Nate graduated from highschool  😂

Agreed, if you think that The Last of Us is a masterpiece, you'll think the same of Uncharted 4 (I imagine). It has everything the original trilogy has and so much more, the graphics are stunning, the maps are even bigger, the story is the best one in my opinion, the villain is also great, anyway, it's an experience. Also, don't miss The Lost Legacy, many people underestimate it because Nate is not the protagonist, but the quality remains with the new duo of female protagonists. It's simply an amazing series of games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boni_Neto said:

Agreed, if you think that The Last of Us is a masterpiece, you'll think the same of Uncharted 4 (I imagine). It has everything the original trilogy has and so much more, the graphics are stunning, the maps are even bigger, the story is the best one in my opinion, the villain is also great, anyway, it's an experience. Also, don't miss The Lost Legacy, many people underestimate it because Nate is not the protagonist, but the quality remains with the new duo of female protagonists. It's simply an amazing series of games.

Will definitely play Lost Legacy too! In fact, I will straight out go for the PS5 version whenever it's discounted, it has both games in one.

At this point I gotta finish the series :lol: what a weird commitment have I gotten myself into...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

If you are enjoying UC3 I think that trajectory will continue with UC4.  I recall (and it's been awhile!) the general tone of the games get's more and more mature as you move through the series.

I have the unpopular opinion that I like UC3 more then UC2. The levels on the boat are awesome.

My quick list is: UC4, UC3, Lost Legacy, UC2, then UC1.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

I have the unpopular opinion that I like UC3 more then UC2. The levels on the boat are awesome.

My quick list is: UC4, UC3, Lost Legacy, UC2, then UC1.

I was thinking of a list somewhat similar myself. But mine would be UC4, UC3, Golden Abyss, UC1 then UC2.  I haven’t finished Lost legacy tho.  I just really don’t think UC2 is much to talk about.  Maybe at the time but I think it’s been done much better since.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, graphic_violins8 said:

I was thinking of a list somewhat similar myself. But mine would be UC4, UC3, Golden Abyss, UC1 then UC2.  I haven’t finished Lost legacy tho.  I just really don’t think UC2 is much to talk about.  Maybe at the time but I think it’s been done much better since.

I've never played Golden Abyss so I can't rank it unfortunately. I'd rank UC1 above UC2 but the clunky controls lose points in my book. But the story and set pieces I liked better in UC1.

In a somewhat unrelated note when I went back to try to get as many trophies as I could on the original trilogy on PS3 I must admit the using L1 and R1 for aiming and shooting was so unnatural to me but when I first played them it was fine. I got used to it just thought I'd mention that tid bit haha.

That Uncharted 2 rant was fun to read :D . I liked this part the best like pretty much everyone else but I don't have the strongest feeling about this franchise either. It's a fun and kinda dumbed down popcorn game. That's it. I still need to platinum part 3 though...

Edited by Gommes_
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Senpai! 👋

I'm here, once again, to recommend another Japanese PS3 game for your backlog. Please have a look:

Interesting game, not gonna lie :D

Will add it to the "maybe" list, there's something about the artstyle that doesn't quite tickle my fancy. But the gameplay looks neat!

• Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, Copanele said:

Uncharted 3

Congrats.

I remember watching a full playthrough of this game on IGN's separate YouTube channel (made specifically for that type of videos) pretty much the day it came out. They used to upload entire games with no commentary.

The plane level was indeed mind-blowing at the time. If set pieces from Uncharted 2 didn't cement Drake as an unkillable protagonist who can survive anywhere, then that part certainly did. I want that man's luck lol 😁. Anyway, that was my last time watching a Naughty Dog game on YouTube. For better or for worse, I've gotten a console by the time TLOU came out. 

Speaking of which,

Small note - I am fairly sure that the French Chateau level was a sort of "testing ground" for the upcoming The Last of Us. That dilapidated castle gave me the "oh shit a clicker is coming" feeling :lol:

I'm pretty sure TLOU was in development in parallel to Uncharted 3. I also believe that was the last time they'd split the team to work on multiple projects at once. I don't know how much the teams contributed to and influenced each other's work, though. Although it wouldn't be too unnatural if there were artists who have done something for both games. At least I know that there's some kind of easter egg that references the fungus from TLOU (or something like that), it's in some newspaper you cam find in the game. 

RECOMMENDATION - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

I still haven't watched that one. I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom ages ago. But not the movie that ended the trilogy. 

I'm doing this weird thing now. I watch stuff in release order. I want to tackle the filmographies of Scorsese and Miyazaki first, then probably Stanley Kubrick, and after that - Spielberg. Surprisingly, I haven't seen Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Saving Private Ryan, or Schindler's List. So in my mind it makes sense to just watch everything including Indy and his adventures. But at the same time, it seems like I'll be done by 2049. There's always too much stuff! I'll never understand the people who say "I have nothing to watch/play" 😁.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slava said:

Congrats.

I remember watching a full playthrough of this game on IGN's separate YouTube channel (made specifically for that type of videos) pretty much the day it came out. They used to upload entire games with no commentary.

The plane level was indeed mind-blowing at the time. If set pieces from Uncharted 2 didn't cement Drake as an unkillable protagonist who can survive anywhere, then that part certainly did. I want that man's luck lol 😁. Anyway, that was my last time watching a Naughty Dog game on YouTube. For better or for worse, I've gotten a console by the time TLOU came out. 

Yep, Drake really looks like he stacked up on a full Luck build there 😂horse shoes, rabbit feet, 4 leaves clovers, everything he could find. Man is pretty much unkillable at this point since every misfortune he somehow redirects.

Quite a good ability in his line of work

2 hours ago, Slava said:

Speaking of which,

I'm pretty sure TLOU was in development in parallel to Uncharted 3. I also believe that was the last time they'd split the team to work on multiple projects at once. I don't know how much the teams contributed to and influenced each other's work, though. Although it wouldn't be too unnatural if there were artists who have done something for both games. At least I know that there's some kind of easter egg that references the fungus from TLOU (or something like that), it's in some newspaper you cam find in the game. 

I managed to finally get one nod to the other games, in Uncharted 3 Drake finds "a precursor relic" which is an Assassin's Creed reference. Most of the other references flew over my head, never played other ND series other than Uncharted and the first Last of Us :D

EDIT: It's a Jak&Daxter reference lmao. Shows that I really don't know those series

2 hours ago, Slava said:

I still haven't watched that one. I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom ages ago. But not the movie that ended the trilogy. 

I'm doing this weird thing now. I watch stuff in release order. I want to tackle the filmographies of Scorsese and Miyazaki first, then probably Stanley Kubrick, and after that - Spielberg. Surprisingly, I haven't seen Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Saving Private Ryan, or Schindler's List. So in my mind it makes sense to just watch everything including Indy and his adventures. But at the same time, it seems like I'll be done by 2049. There's always too much stuff! I'll never understand the people who say "I have nothing to watch/play" 😁.

Yeep, I promise you it will be a good watch :D

You know...I haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned either :lol: because well, I didn't have access to them. I absolutely agree with your approach, there's so much stuff to do/watch/play that you really can't get bored of...anything really. On the contrary, at times it feels like you have TOO much shit to do 😂

Even games, I have stuff that would give me occupation for at least 4-5 years. Imagine if I tap into other hobbies like movies or such :lol:

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

After the first mandatory death (because you're god of pancakes without any equipment)

Sounds pretty dope to me! 😅

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

What's the catch Santa Monica, are you sending subliminal messages from Kratos' beard?

Chuck Norris' beard may hide another first, but Kratos' beard is where he keeps his character development. The bigger the beard, the more complex his character becomes.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, Copanele said:

[Uncharted 3]

Funny enough, the horse chase scene is one of the best gameplay sections in the game

Oh man this game had the worst story in the whole series but the gameplay was better than anything before it. 

Prediction: Uncharted 4 will be your favourite.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Oh man this game had the worst story in the whole series but the gameplay was better than anything before it. 

Prediction: Uncharted 4 will be your favourite.

You know TO BE FAIR, the story is pretty dumb to the extreme now that I think about it. The U3 secret society seems to be full of bald British people :lol:

But this time around the characters were so fun to be around that I completely ignored the story.

Hey at least I got to blow up another crazy city! That's 2 in a row!

Yeah, the way it sounds, Uncharted 4 might be my game.

5 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Chuck Norris' beard may hide another first, but Kratos' beard is where he keeps his character development. The bigger the beard, the more complex his character becomes.

Bless his beard then because that's some FINE character development. This time I'm hacking harpies as therapy 😂

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:41 AM, Copanele said:

God of War Ragnarok - Valhalla DLC

I think this moment makes me appreciate Valhalla from the very start. While I enjoyed Atreus and Freya, it's actually pretty refreshing and fun to see only Kratos spreading mayhem, only with Mimir acting as a commentator/warning head. I don't have to share enemies with any other support characters, it's only me and my weapons!

"To see only Kratos spreading mayhem" - Did this DLC's "solo" experience remind you a bit of the PS3 era combat? I've only played GoW 2016 and Ragnarok, so I'm curious to know if it is somewhat reminiscent of the older games where it was just Kratos. Even if it isn't, Kratos causing chaos with Mimir's snarky commentary sounds like a fantastic time!

I absolutely love this approach. Armors have been reduced to being purely cosmetic, you can go bonkers with all your stats as long as you have the currency for it. In a way, it's like the old games where you had to trade red orbs in exchange for upgrading your weapons and damage, only now it's used for stats. Having to actually find runic attacks will set you on certain builds and approaches, similar to an actual Roguelike game. What's interesting is that this time around it's better to focus on one weapon per run rather than trying to spread your bonuses for all 3. Because you can also get bonuses like "successful running axe attack may apply a bonus of Cooldown on your runic skills" and boy you would love to have one powerful main weapon there.

Honestly, in both of the games I played, I picked armor mostly for its appearance and then picked runestones that were geared toward my playstyle. Build craft wasn't vital to the game (especially since I was playing on Normal difficulty, I think) and so having to deal with different armor sets and upgrading them was kind of annoying to me. It's great to hear that in this DLC they have focused on weapons and combat abilities instead!

Now, where this DLC shines and in my opinion it's what kinda fixes the rushed ending of Ragnarok, it's the story.

I will have to use spoilers here though, because my god this whole DLC is a big fat spoiler:

Spoilers aside, this DLC acts like a sort of epilogue that also opens a door of insane new possibilities. The ending of this DLC really feels like a new beginning and I am so, SO glad that Santa Monica managed to pull this crazy thing off from something that kinda spelled "yeah, Kratos' story is done, we are gonna play as Atreus from now on and IIIIII Don't feel like it really". Not the case anymore :D

//Will read the spoiler section after I finish the game.

I'm so excited to hear that the DLC seems to make a strong case for more Kratos-centric games. While it's possible Santa Monica could create an incredible Atreus game, Kratos is what I'm more interested in - playing as him in combat is ridiculously fun, and his gruff, pragmatic outlook cracks me up. (Plus the Atreus combat in Ragnarok wasn't a highlight for me.) Ever since Ragnarok showed us tapestries of Tyr traveling to other realms and including symbols from other mythologies like Ancient Egypt, I've been hoping that there would be a compelling reason for Kratos to explore those other mythologies. Whether or not that is the case, just knowing that Kratos' story no longer feels bookended is so exciting!

For me, this DLC alone actually pushes Ragnarok above GoW 2018 alone in terms of story finally. I can't recommend it enough, to the point where I'd recommend those who have the main game but not started this DLC to redownload it and play this ASAP. It's good, believe me.

THE GOOD:

• An unexpected "epilogue" of sorts that made me eager to see what is Santa Monica planning next
  • The roguelike change made me enjoy combat more compared to the set based combat in the main game
  • Final boss in the DLC is the best fight from the Norse saga for me

I'm trying to wrap up a few last 2023 PSNP Challenges, but this is definitely going to be at the top of my gaming list for January!

Also - the final boss was the best fight in the Norse Saga for you!? 😲 Considering the Norse Saga has a couple of pretty epic fights already, I'm even more excited to get around to the DLC now!

• Like 1