Jam_Lime44

How do players run so fast?

7 posts in this topic

Hey I've chugging away at the daily challenges for awhile now. But when ever a "reach the goal as fast as possible" pops up I suck.

Some ppl get ridiculous times. I have no idea how you are supposed to run any faster than what the game allows.

Anything I've missed? Or does the game have hidden speed mechanics?

5 minutes ago, Jam_Lime44 said:

Or does the game have hidden speed mechanics?

Yes, there are several difficult expert mechanics that have to do with chaining different actions at precise frames. There's also simpler momentum tricks you can do with transitioning off sliding surfaces at the right times, etc.

32 minutes ago, Jam_Lime44 said:

Hey I've chugging away at the daily challenges for awhile now. But when ever a "reach the goal as fast as possible" pops up I suck.

Some ppl get ridiculous times. I have no idea how you are supposed to run any faster than what the game allows.

Anything I've missed? Or does the game have hidden speed mechanics?

Spin jump as often as possible.

Some of those time definitely looks crazy. You'd almost think they hack them somehow but its probably some exploitable skill or mechanic.

Gotta look up speedrunners when looking at these things. Techniques become mandatory like Brake Boosting and Roll Jumping. Check these out, even shows the controller inputs.

28 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Gotta look up speedrunners when looking at these things. Techniques become mandatory like Brake Boosting and Roll Jumping. Check these out, even shows the controller inputs.

Awesome! I'll def watch these

Those videos might show the correct inputs & whatnot, but its not that easily executed

Brakeboosting is a technique that needs quite some finesse to do it right, basically you 'press' 'R2 + right + square', but at the exact moment of the move, you loosen everything except R2, when your character starts to 'brake' he kinda slides over to where he should stop, that moment, u should hold the 'down' button so you keep that speed for longer, jumping asap as you'll lose your speed less that way & said speed will hold during your jump

Then its for the majority just keep on jumping while holding down (rolljumping)

There's some other mechanics bothered by it as well, as well of methods to get 'brakeboosts' namely boneboosting (boosting off a bone) & skidboosting (boosting out of a perfect 'stop' without the requirement to have the 'run' animation)

Also, in a 'wind going up' section you should prioritize your boosts as these give significantly more speed

But i could actually go on & on about it, there's no need for that xD