Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

Hey, everyone. I went out of my way again and sent WB/MK another ticket. This is my third or so time contacting them directly. 

So, this time I just flat out told them that this is probably a bug in the game's system. Because I was told before that the services for this title haven't been discontinued. And if someone can please fix this already. It's been slightly over five months now. And I, personally, am sitting at 93% completion. 

So, hopefully, I'll get another word back, because this is getting a bit ridiculous. All this waiting for a few achievements? Terrible game design in my opinion... 

And yes, this is regarding the Invasion Towers. 

Edited by Evil25Illusion
  • Like 2

They responded to me. They have told me that they have shared my concerns with the appropriate team. And said I should receive an e-mail once more is heard on the matter. I sure hope I'm being told the truth about this particular response. 

4 hours ago, zatura_18 said:

does anyone keep checking everyday? I abandoned my verifications, I have too much

Yes, to address your concerns, I'm hellbent on checking once a day, sometimes twice, just because. 

• Like 4

I play the game online when I'm in the mood and otherwise check the invasion everyday, but that's about it. I want to be done with it. I wonder if the merger has something to do with this situation. I mean, they dont seem to care much about this game in particular cause they have to fix it almost every year, so maybe its not their priority right now nor ever...who knows...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, F_G3oX said:

I didnt have the game back in 2015 and cant find posts relating to this topic, but I wonder if invasions were just as buggy back then.

I hate to reply to this thread since I know people are following it to get updates, but they were broken in the past as well. Not in 2015, but there was a period where no invasions were available for 6 months straight, if I recall.

• Like 3

I can't wait to hear good news, I see so many new players jumping into the game without knowing that the invasion is unavailable.

Also knowing that the game is still very active, I do not see why the problem will not be solved, it is inconceivable not to react to this bug without any communication

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be possible to put some pressure on the developers through Sony?

For example, I didn't buy the game, I'm playing it through the PS Plus collection. Having a game with so many issues certainly lessens the value of the subscription. With Sony now pushing the new PS Plus model to compete with Gamepass, surely they wouldn't want it to lose appeal.

Do you guys think there's any merit to report this situation to Sony? If yes, through where?

Edited by TeZLaPS
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, TeZLaPS said:

For example, I didn't buy the game, I'm playing it through the PS Plus collection. Having a game with so many issues certainly lessens the value of the subscription. With Sony now pushing the new PS Plus model to compete with Gamepass, surely they wouldn't want it to lose appeal.

Do you guys think there's any merit to report this situation to Sony? If yes, through where?

"So many issues" is stretching it. I want this to be fixed as much as the next guy but we are talking about a single feature in a game. The online itself works, all of the other features are available, Sony won't do anything here. Even in a hypothetical scenario where the Sony rep you speak to will put pressure on WB games, what they'd so is either ignore it or worst case scenario, can the whole online as it would be a cheaper solution and push people towards MK 11.

• Like 1

Who knows when the Invasion will return so people can get their trophies done. But I think the devs probably ceased doing Invasions to prioritize on future projects. I do like others to get the Invasion trophies done, but I fell like I will consider this unobtainable for new players. 

This is my take on the Invasion situation. I'm not wanting to go to a arguement. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TeZLaPS said:

Contacting Sony about this problem is a waste of time, because if they don't ignore you outright, all they'll do is say this is nothing to do with them and to contact the devs.

7 hours ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

Who knows when the Invasion will return so people can get their trophies done. But I think the devs probably ceased doing Invasions to prioritize on future projects. I do like others to get the Invasion trophies done, but I fell like I will consider this unobtainable for new players. 

This is my take on the Invasion situation. I'm not wanting to go to a argument. 

That's my take as well. Whilst closing the Invasion servers without warning was a really shitty thing to do, it was almost certainly done to save money to use on their next project.

11 hours ago, Evil25Illusion said:

The service isn't discontinued, they told me earlier this year, a few months ago, that the Invasion Towers are still currently a thing. The only question is now "when"? 

Listen, the invasion might aswell be considered as discontinnued because from what information I gathered, this game need constant maintenance to function as intended. Example: April fools tower or whichever, was playable only ONCE EVER since the game launched and should have been yearly. I can link you a topic from a diferent forum regarding this discussion. Anyway, as I said before, the online portion is broken beyond belief...too bad I love this game so much.

• Like 1