Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new Invasion event is now live, for anyone still needing to complete trophies. The notification popped up about forty minutes ago as I was in the menus.

It looks like Invasion Tower and Invasion Boss are both available options, but I keep getting error messages on and off, and they both keep turning red. Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

New boss and tower are up ! About 18 hours left 

Saw it was up before I even checked here but…

Took me about an hour and a half

Its Goro so I believe he’s one of the easier bosses to do this with.

At first I did a couple rounds with Master of Storms Raiden because of his traps.

Not sure if they count as hits since they are chipping away at the healthbar but idk (Saw someone do it in a Platinum video recently)

But for most of the time I just stuck it out with ol’ reliable Thunder God Raiden and his 1122 string.

Mashing 112 during the beginning of the round will either have Goro blocking it, or he literally just jumps round start getting big damage in.

What I did was hold the 2 after the 11 and not go with the full string, cuz Goro will just reversal with any move, armored or not.

Although it is better if he doesn’t have bar, less damage on you that way.

Even if you hold the 2 and not get him to reversal you, he’ll either ex-command grab you, or do his armored jumpscare move.

He’s most likely to command grab since it’s literally the better option as he has the hand of god and will snatch you up no matter what.

Don’t even try to jump in that situation as he can do the jumpscare and anti-air you for free. (Just don’t jump at all)

As this is an NRS game, the cpu is literally reading your inputs so most defensive options that would work normally, just don’t.

Backdashing, jumping, mashing, and an armored wakeup would all work… if the game wasn’t outright cheating.

The first two literally don’t work at all and are just automatically countered every single time, don’t even bother.

But, mashing and an armored wakeup do work… a lot of the time, based on your luck, or randomness.

You can actually bait the cpu into pressuring you on your wakeup by mashing as you’re getting up, then doing ex-Electric Fly as an example.

I’m just assuming its because the cpu is thinking, “Oh they’re mashing so if I hit them as they’re mashing, I’ll win.”

But then you just armor through their move and get a hit on them.. if you even broke their armor.

Tbh it’s just better to get beat up then use your X-ray to break their armor, and it’s proven that the hits from it do count. (Trust me bro)

Then I just usually run up to them and do the string to hit them on their wakeup, for example Raiden’s x-ray leaves them full screen, so I have to run up and then counter them.

Then all the hits starts coming in and it feels good and stuff and th- Timer runs out.

At best if you hit the boss with an x-ray every single run, it can take up to 80+ runs and that’s draining and frustrating.

But if you just pull through and guess your way through the bs that are Invasion Bosses, you’ll get it in about an hour.

Ofc you can use any character you want, but almost everybody’s used Raiden for this trophy so who knows.

You could be first player to not use Raiden for this trophy. (Unless you use Ferra/Torr hellll naawwwwwwww.)

But yeah this is my first post actually going in-depth about my experiences with a trophy on here, sorry for all that rambling.

Just thought to share some way you can cheat back on this maddening cpu. 

Uhhhhh, end post or something.

• 1 month later...