ONUOsFan

How is this platinum so common?

13 posts in this topic

I'm really confused at how so many people have achieved this platinum trophy. Looking at the list and the guides I've seen it sounds like this should be something that is ridiculously hard and luck based and should be a much lower % of attainment. For example, the platinum % for this game is almost the same as it is for Black Ops III, and although I know that one is difficult because of the realistic difficulty, that's not even the hardest trophy in that list (it's the decorator one). It's also barely rarer than the platinum for Black Ops II, which was not really that hard other than the easter egg (which wasn't really hard, you just needed a good team).

 

Am I missing something that makes this easier than it looks? Because to me it seems like this should be like 10 times rarer than III. 

 

I ask because for some stupid reason I kind of want to play this game but the platinum seems completely unattainable to me. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, djb5f said:

It is at 0.78%.  I’d call that fairly rare.

 Obviously it is rare, but my point is that it’s almost no difference between this one and many of the other recent CoD games, especially the Black Ops games, even though it seems like it should be MUCH harder. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ONUOsFan said:

 

I ask because for some stupid reason I kind of want to play this game but the platinum seems completely unattainable to me. 

 

You're right about that been a stupid reason 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Ops III was free on PS Plus, which made its rarity lower than it should be, but yeah, I agree, I thought this would be like a  <0.50% plat.

 

But actually it's not that bad, only the zombie easter eggs and a few Blackout characters are a challenge, the rest of the list is surprisingly straightforward, besides this is a game where you can really rely on a good team to carry you through each game mode.

 

Personally I gave up on BO2 and BO3 plats because of the stupid campaign requirements, which weren't that hard but they were grindy and boring as hell, however I'm finishing this BO4, I'm just missing two trophies for max levelling a few more zombie weapons and unlocking Scarlett in Blackout, which I'm pretty sure she's not available in the current update :/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

Black Ops III was free on PS Plus, which made its rarity lower than it should be, but yeah, I agree, I thought this would be like a  <0.50% plat.

 

But actually it's not that bad, only the zombie easter eggs and a few Blackout characters are a challenge, the rest of the list is surprisingly straightforward, besides this is a game where you can really rely on a good team to carry you through each game mode.

 

Personally I gave up on BO2 and BO3 plats because of the stupid campaign requirements, which weren't that hard but they were grindy and boring as hell, however I'm finishing this BO4, I'm just missing two trophies for max levelling a few more zombie weapons and unlocking Scarlett in Blackout, which I'm pretty sure she's not available in the current update :/

 

Thank you for actually writing a real reply... the blackout trophies seem the most daunting for me because I have a hard time imagining myself ever even winning a single game, let alone winning 10 or getting those characters unlocked. I'd also need to wrangle some friends for the zombie trophies which seem worse in this game than in 3. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blackout characters are what are putting me off this game but like you I kinda want to play it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it's any consolation, after that one update in late November if I recall correctly, which gave everyone every Specialist character, and therefore the trophy. While a good portion of them weren't terribly hard to unlock it saved everyone the hell of the harder ones (looking at you Prophet and pre-nerf Nomad) , it certainly made the game a tad easier to Complete. And for about a week or so when Treyarch released Masom, he was insanely difficult because of the fact that you had to unlock Reznov first (which is already one of the hardest, if not the hardest to unlock), activate the Numbers station terminal, and then to have finished 3rd place was pure hell. So the trophies in Blackout have gotten easier overall when you compare them to launch. Not to mention that many of the limited time modes made so many of the characters easier at times. 

 

Zombies mode close to launch had many variations of the infamous "Mutations Glitch", which made every easter egg and so many miscellaneous trophies much easier to acquire. However, that only lasted for about 3 months from launch, until they fixed it for good. But all in all, I personally still imagined that it would of been even rarer than what it currently sits at. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's about the player Base. There are "only" 130k players who have the game, while the other Black Ops titles have close to a Million players. Call of Duty isn't that popular anymore, and many players are afraid of dealing with 3 Eastereggs at once. 

It's like CoD Ghosts and Mirror's Edge for example. Both of them have almost the same rarity, but Ghosts is an Aabs Animals in comparision to Mirror's Edge. Ghosts is only Rare because of the huge player Base, that's all. 

Don't mind about rarity, it's a good game. Blackout became a lot more easier, since all the Try Hards have Moved on to another game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/20/2019 at 1:15 PM, ONUOsFan said:

 

Thank you for actually writing a real reply... the blackout trophies seem the most daunting for me because I have a hard time imagining myself ever even winning a single game, let alone winning 10 or getting those characters unlocked. I'd also need to wrangle some friends for the zombie trophies which seem worse in this game than in 3. 

All of the blackout characters can be boosted. It can still be challenging because of all the double and triple rng, but it is manageable with time. Also, there’s a game mode called ground war that comes up in rotation that’s 50v50. Makes the ten wins and Woods a breeze to get. 

 

The three vanilla EE’s aren’t that bad with a good team. I feel like they’re easier to do than the ones in BO3 but that’s just me. 

Edited by Rowdi
Grammar
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ONUOsFan In my experience, there is A LOT of people who play COD games for the online part only ! They just ignore the campaign part, never start it, or barely look at it.

BO 4 is full online, so those people can get the platinum even if it's hard, just by playing the way they like.

But they will never platinum BO3 because of all the shitty things you need to do in campaign mode !

It can explain why BO 4 rarity is "so high" (per say X) )

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

All of the blackout characters can be boosted. It can still be challenging because of all the double and triple rng, but it is manageable with time. Also, there’s a game mode called ground war that comes up in rotation that’s 50v50. Makes the ten wins and Woods a breeze to get. 

 

The three vanilla EE’s aren’t that bad with a good team. I feel like they’re easier to do than the ones in BO3 but that’s just me. 

 

Ah, that’s good to know. 

 

Thanks, guys - these replies have encouraged me slightly, although there’s still the issue of having a good team for zombies. I’m currently trying to work my way through a big backlog of CoD games and the zombies are probably the thing that’s going to stop me in most of them. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.78% is really a 'letdown' from what this platinum rarity could have been at launch. There's two big reasons:

1) A glitch that persisted for ages that allowed you to do the Easter eggs with custom mutations activated. This allowed you to start the run with 50,000 points per player, zombies do half damage, you have double the health (so 4x player health in other words), all doors already open etc etc. The Voyage of Despair easter egg is, in my opinion, the hardest or joint hardest easter egg they've ever done and so I feel like a lot less people would have this done without that glitch.

 

This is the biggest factor by far:

 

2) The constant medling with the Blackout character trophies. For a start, the "Specialist super fan" trophy that required you to unlock 8 different characters got patched a few months after release to be made to autopop as soon as you load into a Blackout match, which was a huge injustice. Then, other characters pertaining to different trophies got nerfed too. Mason used to require you to achieve 1st/2nd/3rd place in Quads/duos/solos respectively. He got nerfed to needing 4th/8th/16th. Alcatraz also makes most of the zombies characters a formality since there's so many zombies there, the character item drop rates seem higher, and you have respawns to try the character again should you die.

 

Without these 2 things, the platinum would probably have been somewhere in the 0.40% region. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.