ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Update #1:

Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) => 7%

Not quite the flying start I'd hoped for, but it's a start.. I played Alice: Madness Returns just hours after the event began, but haven't played it again since. I haven't really felt like it truth be known, instead I've been playing Killzone as part of another challenge. It probably (definitely) isn't helping that I'm still trying to keep one eye on overall completion percentage, so haven't started playing any of the other games in addition to this one.. I may have to give that a knock on the head if I'm going to succeed, but we'll see if I can push myself to play any more of Alice: Madness Returns this week before I start to worry too much about overall tactics.

Completed: 0/27

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Update #1:

25b6.pngAlice: Madness Returns (PS3) => 7%

Not quite the flying start I'd hoped for, but it's a start.. I played Alice: Madness Returns just hours after the event began, but haven't played it again since. I haven't really felt like it truth be known, instead I've been playing Killzone as part of another challenge. It probably (definitely) isn't helping that I'm still trying to keep one eye on overall completion percentage, so haven't started playing any of the other games in addition to this one.. I may have to give that a knock on the head if I'm going to succeed, but we'll see if I can push myself to play any more of Alice: Madness Returns this week before I start to worry too much about overall tactics.

I also have to think about completion percentage while I complete. That's why I completed 2 easy games to get it up, so that when I started Catherine, it won't be so bad. Also it's only been 6 days. We've still got time.

1 hour ago, iXanon said:

Update #1:

25b6.pngAlice: Madness Returns (PS3) => 7%

I have the issue of the other challenge as well. I actually want some of them to be complete and actually reduce my backlog which was the point of it but it's stopping me getting on with this one.

Going to finish the DLC for Far Cry 5 off and try and get Zombi done. I should have put Metro into this challenge as it was at 0% and that is on my list as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salima-sensei said:

After look at the sheet, its normally all EU Region, forget to change Royal to normal Persona 1f623.png

God Eater was Cross buy if I remember right, so VITA/PS4 and I think you forget to change the console for Yakuza. 

Havent started yet, want to finish ToX2 first.

It's not entirely crossbuy. First game yeah, you can play on both platforms, but second one is only on the one you choose.

Update Week 1:

B: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 -> 17%

There was a community event going into this weekend so I decided to jump on it for the triple XP. Started the campaign but mostly trying out the different modes in the game. Will probably keep playing this along other games as its an easy game to pick up to play a few rounds.

Also started Witcher 3 but have not earned any trophies yet as I decided to start over and just do the highest difficulty for my main play through, which so far has not been that bad. 

Considering I was not able to play until this weekend, not a bad start. 

• Like 2

Ok first update.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition = 12%
Civilization Revolution = 8%

Will probably take a break from Sleeping Dogs and knock out Bulb boy sometime over the next week.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:22 PM, colinmazzini said:

Started Alice: Madness Returns. Really weird game... Didn't know what to expect just knew I picked it up in a sale a few years back and didn't really know anything about it. However, first chapter of 6 done and I think I really like the game. Although the collectibles might be a bit excessive.

That was actually my first plat way back in 2011, and yeah the collectibles were a little on the high side.  Great game though, hope you like it!

• Like 3

Week 1 update:

Far Cry New Dawn (91%) - Only 1 trophy to go for plat. Got to do all expeditions on rank 3. Played most of the game on co-op with my fiance so just waiting on him to finish it off. 

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story (12%) - Started this yesterday. I did like the game to begin with but now the missions are becoming very repetitive. I'll probably play this along side something else.

• Like 2

Week 1:

Spoiler

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
Beyond: Two Souls
Cloud & Sheep 2 --> 14%
Darksiders Warmastered edition
Enigmatis: The Ghost of Maple Creek
Flower --> 14%
Grim Fandango Remastered
Heavy Rain
Ico
Joe Dever´s Lone Wolf
Knack
Lego City Undercover
Machinarium
Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Okage: Shadow King
Proteus
Q*bert Rebooted
Rain
Sly 3
The Raven Remastered
Until Dawn
Vampyr
Wolfenstein: The New Order --> 10%
Xcom 2
Yakuza 4
Zack Zero

Still dont know if im going to play any of the games this week since i want to 100% Horizon Zero Dawn ASAP.

Edited by xX_JMPT_Xx

Ok so quick update.  Started Civilization Revolution cause I intend to spread it across the year.  I've never played a Civilization game and I'm getting the impression this isn't a good one to start one lol.  I'm very confused but I have all of 2020 to learn it so it should be fine.

I'm about 7 hours into Sleeping Dogs and it's pretty good.  I have some issues with it that I don't see being resolved in the next 30 hours so alas I expect it to remain pretty good to slightly obnoxious through the rest of that time.

Bulb Boy is, despite being the shortest of my games to 100% this month, going to be the biggest struggle.  Evidently trophies and the game itself are pretty badly glitched so I'm going to have to devote some serious effort into actually getting things to unlock.

• Like 2

I have been making steady progress in many games so far. I'll talk about those games in a future update, probably. 

I was going to play Fallout 4 but then the game didn't work at all past the title screen. Bethesda games are usually bug filled hot messes but at least I'm allowed to play the game for 1-2 hours before decides to crash. I reinstalled the whole game and it works now, probably. The whole experience just tired me out and I put the game away after I played it for 20 minutes. I'll get back to it eventually.

I completed Jet Set Radio. I wasn't planning on it, it just sort of happened. I was planning on playing the game for 20 minutes before I went to bed and I spent a hour+ on the tutorial. The tutorial goes from treating you like a brain dead idiot telling you that the left stick moves your character, to expecting that you can do a 50 trick combo like it's no big deal. I don't think I've done a single 50+ trick combo outside of tutorial. I enjoyed myself and I played the game until my Vita told me the battery was almost dead.

Jet Set Radio is definitely one of my favorite games of all time now. All you really do is roller blade around, grind any grind-able surface, spray some graffiti, upset the police so much they send tanks and military attack helicopters to kill you, and try not die. It is a really fun game to play and I've been addicted to it for the past few days. I'm a little sad that I'm finished and have to move on to another game now,

Spoiler

The Unofficial Official Event Progress Tracker

• If a game is green, it's 100% complete.
  • If a game is any other colour, it's not finished.

198X (PS4)
A Rose in the Twilight (Vita)
Broforce (PS4)
Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online  (PS4)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Everybody's Golf (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS4)
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Vita)
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (PS4)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)
Infinifactory (PS4)
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Jet Set Radio (Vita)
King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4)
L.A. Noire (PS4)
Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)
Ninja Pizza Girl (PS4)
Nekopara Vol. 3 (PS4)  
Oddworld New 'n Tasty (PS4) 
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4) 
Psychonauts (PS4) 
Quest of Dungeons (PS4)
Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Riddled Corpses EX (Vita)
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS3) 
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)
Spyro the Dragon (PS4)  
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS4) 
Spyro 3 : Year of the Dragon (PS4) 
Trinity Universe (PS3) 
Touhou Genso Rondo (PS4) 
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4) 
Uncanny Valley (PS4) 
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)  
WILL: A Wonderful World (PS4) 
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (PS4) 
Xeodrifter (PS4) 
Yomawari: Night Alone (Vita) 
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Vita)
Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition (PS3)   
+ Persona 3 FES but it doesn't really count since it doesn't have a trophy list.

• Like 3

Not a lot of progress but I started 2 games that will take a while:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (12%) Started chapter 4 but mostly I'm just exploring and doing sidequests.

Jetpack Joyride Deluxe (19%) Doing the S.A.M. challenge every day (I have 8 of the 50 days done) and sometimes do some extra runs for coins.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2019 at 0:41 AM, Deceptrox said:

Hi. I'd like to join. Here's my list:

A - Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PS4)

B - Blasting Agent (PS4)

C - Claire (PS4)

D - Detroit Become Human

E - Ether One

F - Flower

G - Grim Famdango Remastered

H - Hitman

I - inFamous

J - Just Ignore Them

K - King Oddball (PS3)

L - The Last of Us Remastered

M - Metal Gear Solid 2

N - Neverend (Vita)

O - Outlast 2

P - Puppeteer

Q - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

R - Resident Evil 0

S - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

T - Transformers Devastation

U - Until Dawn

V - Velocity Ultra

W - The Witness

X - Xenon Valkyrie+ 

Y - Yasai Ninja

Z - Zeroptian Invasion (PS4)

First letter completed:

C - Claire (PS4) ?

• Like 4

Sign me up!

Alien Isolation

Batman: Arkham City

Call of Duty Classic

Darksiders 2

Energy Invasion

Far Cry 2

God of War (PS4)

Heavy Rain

Infamous

Jak II

Kingdom Hearts

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

Mad Max

Need For Speed: Undercover

Outlast

Prince of Persia

Q*Bert Rebooted

Resogun

Sonic Generations

The End is Nigh

Unravel

Vampyre

Worms 2: Armageddon

X-Men

Yakuza

Zombi

NOTE: I would like to swap NEED FOR SPEED for NIOH in the case of server difficulties/closure. Is that okay?

Also, can the games be played in any order?

Edited by HOGIE838IRE
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Sign me up!

Alien Isolation

Batman: Arkham City

Call of Duty Classic

Darksiders 2

Evolve

Far Cry 2

God of War (PS4)

Heavy Rain

Infamous

Jak II

Kingdom Hearts

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

Mad Max

Need For Speed: Undercover

Outlast

Prince of Persia

Q*Bert Rebooted

Resogun

Sonic Generations

The End is Nigh

Unravel

Vampyre

Worms 2: Armageddon

X-Men

Yakuza

Zombi

NOTE: I would like to swap NEED FOR SPEED for NIOH in the case of server difficulties/closure. Is that okay?

Also, can the games be played in any order?

Hey just a heads up but the plat for Evolve is unobtainable because of one trophy. 

And can't speak for the host but it appears that there's no strictness about the order. I'm not playing them in order at least. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, flashpool23 said:

Hey just a heads up but the plat for Evolve is unobtainable because of one trophy. 

And can't speak for the host but it appears that there's no strictness about the order. I'm not playing them in order at least. 

Thanks! I’ll change Evolve then. I wanted to play that game too ? oh well ? 

7 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Thanks! I’ll change Evolve then. I wanted to play that game too 1f602.png oh well 1f614.png 

Yeah I have it started but never found out one of the trophies was becoming unobtainable so I missed out on it. 

As for myself on topic, I haven't progressed much as I've been working on some other games before they get their servers down. Though with Nickelodeon Kart Racers it seems like Sandy Cheeks is my rival at the moment. 

• Like 1