Raise your SeeD rank to A fast?

KHDelBoy

How do you get your SeeD rank goes up to Rank A fast?

I'm on SeeD rank 8, and it often drops to 7, then going back up to 8 constantly. I know killing enemies gives you a rank boost, but I don't think I kill fast enough as it keeps dropping down to 7.

I know there are SeeD exams, which can bring you to Rank 30, the last one before getting A. But HOW to stop it dropping back down?

Just answer the quiz questions all correctly. There's only 30 or something, so honestly, you want to get to near max, and just keep it there. There's certain story events that gets you higher etc. It will eventually decrease though, so it's just about keeping it high while costing as little as possible. Late in the game you'll meet cactuar or something for money.

You gain 1 point for every kill and you lose 10 points when you get paid, if you don't get kills in between payments, your rank will decrease.

EDIT: Pretty sure you need to be level 30 at least to be able to do all the SeeD exams so depending on how you play could take you a while before your able to do them all.

Edited by Geiita

On 9/9/2019 at 0:53 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I just took the exams and got to A

That's different from the original PS version, then. You would see A, but immediately be bumped to level 30. Maybe that yields the trophy.

Back in the day on PS1, I found the easiest way to get to level A is to be level 30 and then do the train mission flawlessly.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:14 PM, Geiita said:

You gain 1 point for every kill and you lose 10 points when you get paid, if you don't get kills in between payments, your rank will decrease.

EDIT: Pretty sure you need to be level 30 at least to be able to do all the SeeD exams so depending on how you play could take you a while before your able to do them all.

That's so odd. I don't remember that, though it's possible. I certainly grinded a bit in the PS1 days (mostly to get GF stat skills).

Edited by starcrunch061

Riiiiiighhhhttttt.

I got the A Rank. I don't think this is possible on the original PS1 version (maybe. I can't remember EXACT but what I remember you can only climb to Rank 30 using the exams. Again I may remember that wrong so don't hold it against me.) but you can upgrade your rank to A just doing the exams. I am ranked 8 and 23 exams later I got A and then the trophy popped.

Now I'm rolling in gil, with 550k in the bank. Mwahahahahaha.

11 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, you can't max SeeD rank in a no-level run, right? Unless you make a separate save

You can't take the tests but your rank can still increase from killing monsters. Money isn't even a big issue in a no level game because refining cards into items will satisfy your monetary needs, the few that exist in the game to begin with

Edited by majob

Eh I get it now. I don't remember doing tests much when I first played this but money was never really an issue. So like a mad newbie I finished the SeeD test in Dollet with rank 3 this time around, which gave me an upper hand for getting rank A through tests. Thing is I wasn't thinking about this trophy at all until test 14. By then I was lv 51 so I just looked up the answers online like a weakling, and had enough tests left to get A. Reloaded after the trophy because personally I think those tests are fun. Kind of reminds me of all those "which sailormoon character are you" quizzes I wasted so much time on in the late 90's, learning all outcomes by heart until I got the results I wanted.

SAILOR LAGUNA FOREVER 

Sooo this trophy glitched on me...  I saved at SeeD Rank 30 than went to the Fire Cavern to boost up to Rank A.  Rank A achieved but the trophy didn’t pop.  

Reloaded that save save file and re-boosted getting Rank A, and it still won’t pop.  Any ideas on what I can do?  I’ve never had a trophy glitch on me before that it wouldn’t pop when I’ve met the requirements...

Edited by MisterMystro

33 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

Sooo this trophy glitched on me...  I saved at SeeD Rank 30 than went to the Fire Cavern to boost up to Rank A.  Rank A achieved but the trophy didn’t pop.  

Reloaded that save save file and re-boosted getting Rank A, and it still won’t pop.  Any ideas on what I can do?  I’ve never had a trophy glitch on me before that it wouldn’t pop when I’ve met the requirements...

I would try doing one of the tests to go from rank 30 to rank A and see if that works.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

I would try doing one of the tests to go from rank 30 to rank A and see if that works.

Appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately I have finished all the Test already and when I finished all 30 I was only Rank 29, so from there I went to the Fire Cavern to kill enemies to up my Rank. 

But Rank A isn’t unlocking the trophy like it should :/.  I’ve restarted from my save file multiple times this morning trying to see if it’ll unlock but no such luck.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:03 PM, KHDelBoy said:

Riiiiiighhhhttttt.

I got the A Rank. I don't think this is possible on the original PS1 version (maybe. I can't remember EXACT but what I remember you can only climb to Rank 30 using the exams. Again I may remember that wrong so don't hold it against me.) but you can upgrade your rank to A just doing the exams. I am ranked 8 and 23 exams later I got A and then the trophy popped.

Now I'm rolling in gil, with 550k in the bank. Mwahahahahaha.

On the PS1, you could theoretically get to A rank when you passed exams. But the first time you got paid, you were paid at the level 30 rank (or, at least, I always was). 

But if the trophy pops the moment you hit A rank, then it should be fine.

If it HAS glitched, then start a fresh game, quickly do Dollet mission so you get your first seed rank, but try to kill robot on 2nd encounter and never escape from battles

Farm levels with 2 orange fish on beach until you are high enough level to make the difference up with tests, then take the tests to hit rank A

Shouldnt take too long if you use boosters

• Like 1

I restarted my PS4 and when it turned back on it gave me a ‘Can’t Connect to Network.  NW-31294-9’ message.  Might that be what’s preventing my Rank A trophy to pop?

Edit:  I may have to try that method @Optinooby 

Edit 2:  Annddd the game just crashed on me.  I haven’t had a great 12 hour span with this game :/. 

Edited by MisterMystro

I would suggest speed through the game until you finish the Dollet mission, after graduation.

You should get your first pay. You should be ranked in between 6-9. Do the tests until you get to Rank A. Thats when the trophy popped for me, (although I didn't do it after the Dollet mission. I think I was on the 3rd disc, but I am still ranked 8 at that point.)

• Like 1

As suggested, I started a fresh new game.  After the Fire Cavern I went to the forest just outside and and leveled up to entirely to level 30 before starting the Dollet mission.

After the Dollet mission I was given Rank 4 and from there did all the SeeD test until Rank A and the trophy finally popped!  Took an extra hour grind but worth it to still be able to earn the Platinum.

Thanks for the suggestions everything!

Edited by MisterMystro