Miniature and Giant Crowns

2 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

This is the proof Lunastra is required:

GSELf5v.jpg

Since she counts for the research level trophy and actually has a master rank version, it's no surprise that her crowns count. Good thing I got them way back when she came out ?. The remaining question is whether the regular Deviljho's crowns count. However with that being said, it's very likely that they do since they changed the crown trophy descriptions in the base game (from 'almost all monsters' to 'many monsters', so as to make it clear that the update monsters and Iceborne monsters do not count). In the Iceborne trophy list on the other hand, the crown trophy descriptions are 'almost all monsters in your hunting log' - so it most likely means EVERY monster crowns from the base game + updates + Iceborne. 

On a side note, can anyone actually confirm if Kulve Taroth is needed for the research trophy in Iceborne? I already had her on max level before Iceborne so I don't know if she's required this time around. A friend of mine didn't bother with the Siege so just wondering if she needs to do KT at all.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Got the final crown, Big Lunastra, in a 4 box tempered, worth to savescum those.

I can say @GamingWithAbyss1 videos on the Wildspire are still on point, but they have changed something in the Elder Recess, the belly is not reliable anymore there.

For the mini crown my head was like 1 head above the tail, and I also were slightly above the spikes mentioned in the video.

For the big crown, I was slightly above the dark area of the tail, not inside it all like in the video, and I was just below the spike mentioned in the video, there were no gap.

Now to chill and find moles lol

• Like 1

Do as much as you have tries.  I got my mini nargacuga from my third attempt. Crowns are RNG based so you can save scum some good investigation. Best for me are those with 3 monsters bc you can really quickly kill them. I dont measure them for now because I still need to reach  master rank 200.

I'm not having much luck with my own investigations.  Most of my crowns are from joining randoms sessions. I'm looking for a hunting buddy to hunt crowns with.  I'm still missing some of the crowns listed below:

1. Viper Tobi-Kadachi - M/G
  2. Barioth - M
  3. Nargacuga - M
  4. Glavenus - M
  5. Tigrex - G
  6. Brachydios - G
  7. Shrieking Legiana - G
  8. Fulgur Anjanath - G
  9. Acidic Glavenus - M/G
  10. Seething Bazelgeuse - M/G
  11. Blackveil Vaal Hazak - G
  12. Savage Deviljho - G
  13. Gold Rathian - M/G

M = Mini

G = Giant

*Updated my list.

Edited by phunkyphenomenon

19 minutes ago, OrionsOdyssey said:

Seeing as Lunastra crowns are required, what the best way to farm her for investigations? I havent gotten any for her in 200 hours of Iceborne 

Level up her to max research and gather tracks at the Thronebreaker Event in HR, thats what I did.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I got a large crown Seething Bazelguese from the new event that rewards armor spheres on the first time I did it. Nice to know you can get crowns from it, although I probably just got lucky. 

Played it once but gotten a Giant Silver but good to know you can get a Gold from it.

That moment when the investigation was for hunting Seething Bazelguese but the two other monsters currently present in the region turned out to be both crowns. Can't stress enough how important it is to check every monster in an investigation, at least monsters whose crowns you're still missing.

fVfPKWk.jpg

3 hours ago, GrumpyFelo said:

if a investigation have 2 monsters and you wanna kill 1, can you return to expedition after killing one and get the crown? if the monster is the crown obiously

Yes, this is what everyone did with the crown event quests. Kill the one you need and then leave. :P

6 hours ago, GrumpyFelo said:

any know crown even quest for master rank?

As of right now no. There is a possibility that we’ll eventually see a crown quest for the hoarfrost reach but there’s no official information indicating this.

Large Yian Garuga is my last crown but I only have 1 good investigation for him with 1 bronze 4 gold. The rest are 3 silvers 1 gold which aren't as good in my experience. Where do you get more investigations for Yian Garuga? Is it also Elder's Recess or is it Ancient Forest?

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

Large Yian Garuga is my last crown but I only have 1 good investigation for him with 1 bronze 4 gold. The rest are 3 silvers 1 gold which aren't as good in my experience. Where do you get more investigations for Yian Garuga? Is it also Elder's Recess or is it Ancient Forest?

Only Ancient Forest, just pick normal tracks there.

17 hours ago, Happy said:

As of right now no. There is a possibility that we’ll eventually see a crown quest for the hoarfrost reach but there’s no official information indicating this.

How long did it take after the base game launched for crown events to start happening? 

3 hours ago, Happy said:

Been stuck on small Ruiner Nerg for 3 days, just leaving my venting post here so i’ll get it first run next time i try.

Yeah I got stuck on Ruiner for a while too, mainly on the large crown. It's so hard to identify if he's a large crown since his normal size is already big. Personally, I found it way easier to spot a mini since his face and horns are so small to what I'm used to seeing.

Edited by PostGameBlues

The easiest way to get small gold crowns is by doing a 1 bronze, 4 gold rewards, and by also racking up multiple quest with 2 or 3 monsters. I have 15 small gold crowns and 9 Giant Crowns. 

I'm still trying to figure out what quests to do for giant crowns, since I can't get 1 silver 1 gold quests