FIFA 20 Trophy Thoughts

othmaneAD

5 minutes ago, KIERONOO said:

Dont know how your so good. I’ve lost all my matches so far playing. Can never seem to create openings yet opposition always has pitch size space to do whatever. Can’t understand what I’m doing wrong

Not my images, dude, will only start to play next week once i have a better team, CBA playing with Gold Non-Rares. Learn the mechanics before going online, this game is much different than 19. Passing, shooting, defending, it's all different. 

2 minutes ago, Aowba said:

Hello.

Can someone confirm that quitting mid-game counts towards losing points in Rivals or not?

If not then that's the way you can boost yourself through Div4 without losing a joystick.

Obviously you will lose points if you quit, wouldn't make any sense otherwise. 

Game definitely feels much weightier than last year. Will be interesting to see how the meta changes over time. Hopefully it’s not just an endless barrage of timed finesse shots again. Thinking it’s smart to use this early access period to build up a better than average starter team and learn what does/doesn’t work, then try and get close to Div 4 by doing the placement matches when the full game launches and most people are just starting from scratch.

4 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Game definitely feels much weightier than last year. Will be interesting to see how the meta changes over time. Hopefully it’s not just an endless barrage of timed finesse shots again. Thinking it’s smart to use this early access period to build up a better than average starter team and learn what does/doesn’t work, then try and get close to Div 4 by doing the placement matches when the full game launches and most people are just starting from scratch.

Going for this again eh JD ??

You must be a glutton for punishment my friend, i dont want none of this trophy this year. Good Luck though! 

3 hours ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

Going for this again eh JD 1f602.png1f602.png

You must be a glutton for punishment my friend, i dont want none of this trophy this year. Good Luck though! 

Sadly I'm addicted ? ... I do like a good challenge but with the req for Div 4 lowered I don't think it'll be so bad. I'm a moron for getting both PES (for master league) and FIFA (for FUT) in the same year, but what can I say, I love football.

On a side note: has anyone else here had trouble getting "Beginner's Luck" to pop? I won both a Mystery Ball and a King of the Hill match against the CPU and got nothing, then beat someone online in Mystery Ball and got nothing, though he quit in the first half. Does it have to be a full match win online for it to pop?

On 20.09.2019 at 3:50 PM, Gaollion said:

Not my images, dude, will only start to play next week once i have a better team, CBA playing with Gold Non-Rares. Learn the mechanics before going online, this game is much different than 19. Passing, shooting, defending, it's all different. 

Obviously you will lose points if you quit, wouldn't make any sense otherwise. 

Nah you lost no points when you quit in the beginning of a FIFA19. A lot of people farmed this trophy like this just quitting a game completely - no points were lost.

15 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Sadly I'm addicted 1f643.png ... I do like a good challenge but with the req for Div 4 lowered I don't think it'll be so bad. I'm a moron for getting both PES (for master league) and FIFA (for FUT) in the same year, but what can I say, I love football.

On a side note: has anyone else here had trouble getting "Beginner's Luck" to pop? I won both a Mystery Ball and a King of the Hill match against the CPU and got nothing, then beat someone online in Mystery Ball and got nothing, though he quit in the first half. Does it have to be a full match win online for it to pop?

I got it by playing with a friend till the end on Xbox so i guess match should be played full-time with a pvp.

Just started going for this rivals trophy. I haven't played Fifa 19 so I don't know what i'm getting myself in for lol. And I pretty much suck at Fifa too lol. I completed my placement matches. I won 3 and lost 2 and got put in division 6. The games I won though, the players were terrible and it was too easy. The 2 games I lost however, I got hammered 6-0 in both and couldn't even get the ball which is kind of strange. I've played 3 matches so far. Won 1 and lost 2. It says 65 for the win on the divisions lobby above division 6. Does that mean I get 65 points everytime I win a game? I only gained 27 points after I won.

I don't understand why it will be easier at the end of the year. Can someone please explain? Do we have to do placement matches again or something?

6 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Just started going for this rivals trophy. I haven't played Fifa 19 so I don't know what i'm getting myself in for lol. And I pretty much suck at Fifa too lol. I completed my placement matches. I won 3 and lost 2 and got put in division 6. The games I won though, the players were terrible and it was too easy. The 2 games I lost however, I got hammered 6-0 in both and couldn't even get the ball which is kind of strange. I've played 3 matches so far. Won 1 and lost 2. It says 65 for the win on the divisions lobby above division 6. Does that mean I get 65 points everytime I win a game? I only gained 27 points after I won.

I don't understand why it will be easier at the end of the year. Can someone please explain? Do we have to do placement matches again or something?

65 points for the FUT Champions qualification, due to your current Division. 27 points was for the Division itself, and it changes from game to game. If you beat a player who has more Division points than you, you will get a significant amount, and if you lose for a player who has less Division points, you will also lose a significant amount. Although in lower Divisions, you normally win or lose about 15-25 points, when in higher Divisions, it's 10-15, or even less.

It will be easier later on the year due to everyone already completing their placement matches, therefore the level of Division 4 players won't be high, making this trophy easier. Right now most of the players, even the better ones, are in Division 4, since it's the highest Division you can achieve after placement. A few months from now you will be able to climb more Divisions after placements. 

41 minutes ago, Gaollion said:

65 points for the FUT Champions qualification, due to your current Division. 27 points was for the Division itself, and it changes from game to game. If you beat a player who has more Division points than you, you will get a significant amount, and if you lose for a player who has less Division points, you will also lose a significant amount. Although in lower Divisions, you normally win or lose about 15-25 points, when in higher Divisions, it's 10-15, or even less.

It will be easier later on the year due to everyone already completing their placement matches, therefore the level of Division 4 players won't be high, making this trophy easier. Right now most of the players, even the better ones, are in Division 4, since it's the highest Division you can achieve after placement. A few months from now you will be able to climb more Divisions after placements. 

Ah ok then. Should i hold off going for this trophy for now and maybe go for it in a couple of months?

There isn’t a chance in hell i’m getting to division 4 lol. I started off in division 6 and  played 9 matches so far and lost 8 of them. Now i’m down to 750 points. The last Fifa i played was Fifa 18. I skipped 19. Man has it changed. The pace is so slow. Whenever i get into the final third, there is never anyone to pass to. And when my opponent even comes remotely near my box, they can just walk through and score. I don’t know what i’m doing wrong to be honest with you. I was never this bad on Fifa 18. 

3 hours ago, Radford999 said:

There isn’t a chance in hell i’m getting to division 4 lol. I started off in division 6 and  played 9 matches so far and lost 8 of them. Now i’m down to 750 points. The last Fifa i played was Fifa 18. I skipped 19. Man has it changed. The pace is so slow. Whenever i get into the final third, there is never anyone to pass to. And when my opponent even comes remotely near my box, they can just walk through and score. I don’t know what i’m doing wrong to be honest with you. I was never this bad on Fifa 18. 

It’s just gonna take practice. You’re playing during the early access period, where only the most dedicated FUT players are online. It’s normal to have a rough go of it, and it’s gonna be about the same until the 27th. (I’ve been playing FUT for about 7 years, got smashed 4-1 one game then killed some guy 5-1 the next, so it’s going to be schizo for now.) 

And yes, the game is different in subtle but meaningful ways over 19 and 18. It’s not realistic, per se (it’s still FIFA), but it’s definitely closer to PES in terms of the pace of play and requiring players to think a little beyond what is happening directly around the ball. So it’ll take time to reorient your brain and muscle memory to how things work now. The physics discourage holding the sprint button constantly, which is what most FIFA players still do. Trust me I could barely beat the AI on World Class a couple days ago.

What I would do if you want to build up a FUT team now is just play Squad Battles, do SBCs, complete some of the objectives, play the market, and basically do anything else that’s going to get you coins without tearing your hair out until the 27th. Look for some well-rounded midfielders (I’m using Ndombele, Gbamin, Lo Celso, for instance, but you can find much cheaper quality players outside of the Premier League) and pacey strikers (the Pukki POTM is awesome and only costs about 30k if you look up solutions on FUTbin), then slap chemistries on them (Powerhouse and Hawk aren’t crazy expensive for now). Just focus on building a competent team — FUT is a pay to win game mode, so the game is going to feel much easier if you have higher rated players. For formations, I’m using a 4-1-2-1-2 (2) but the 4-2-2-2 (with two CDMs and two wide CAMs) also looks good; either way play into the strengths of that formation, forcing things center or wide as needed. Set your defensive line depth back farther than normal, and I like to keep their width tighter together to force crosses (which are less effective than usual this year) out wide. Set an attacking gameplan that puts more players in the box (Fast Build Up sends more people forward), and tell your fast strikers to get in behind. Use L2 and R2 to “crab walk” contain on defense, and don’t bother holding X. There’s a lot you can mess with.

It’s definitely gonna be hard now, but it will get easier over time, and if something isn’t working, change it. If I can get to 1600 last year literally anybody can get to 1250 this year with enough perseverance. When I get frustrated, I try to just focus on practicing one thing (tackling, build up play, etc.) and work on that, regardless of the score. There’s no limit to games you can play, and you have a year to get it.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JD-D2 said:

It’s just gonna take practice. You’re playing during the early access period, where only the most dedicated FUT players are online. It’s normal to have a rough go of it, and it’s gonna be about the same until the 27th. (I’ve been playing FUT for about 7 years, got smashed 4-1 one game then killed some guy 5-1 the next, so it’s going to be schizo for now.) 

And yes, the game is different in subtle but meaningful ways over 19 and 18. It’s not realistic, per se (it’s still FIFA), but it’s definitely closer to PES in terms of the pace of play and requiring players to think a little beyond what is happening directly around the ball. So it’ll take time to reorient your brain and muscle memory to how things work now. The physics discourage holding the sprint button constantly, which is what most FIFA players still do. Trust me I could barely beat the AI on World Class a couple days ago.

What I would do if you want to build up a FUT team now is just play Squad Battles, do SBCs, complete some of the objectives, play the market, and basically do anything else that’s going to get you coins without tearing your hair out until the 27th. Look for some well-rounded midfielders (I’m using Ndombele, Gbamin, Lo Celso, for instance, but you can find much cheaper quality players outside of the Premier League) and pacey strikers (the Pukki POTM is awesome and only costs about 30k if you look up solutions on FUTbin), then slap chemistries on them (Powerhouse and Hawk aren’t crazy expensive for now). Just focus on building a competent team — FUT is a pay to win game mode, so the game is going to feel much easier if you have higher rated players. For formations, I’m using a 4-1-2-1-2 (2) but the 4-2-2-2 (with two CDMs and two wide CAMs) also looks good; either way play into the strengths of that formation, forcing things center or wide as needed. Set your defensive line depth back farther than normal, and I like to keep their width tighter together to force crosses (which are less effective than usual this year) out wide. Set an attacking gameplan that puts more players in the box (Fast Build Up sends more people forward), and tell your fast strikers to get in behind. Use L2 and R2 to “crab walk” contain on defense, and don’t bother holding X. There’s a lot you can mess with.

It’s definitely gonna be hard now, but it will get easier over time, and if something isn’t working, change it. If I can get to 1600 last year literally anybody can get to 1250 this year with enough perseverance. When I get frustrated, I try to just focus on practicing one thing (tackling, build up play, etc.) and work on that, regardless of the score. There’s no limit to games you can play, and you have a year to get it.

Ok thanks for the reply and tips!

Yeah i guess it will just take time and a bit of practice. I’v not played Fifa in a couple of years and like you say, it’s still the early access period and the majority of players are going to be decent. If i’m playing a Fifa veteran who plays Fifa all the time, it’s only going to end one way lol. 

I may play some online seasons for now for some practice and then go back to fut rivals in a few weeks :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

Looks like I’m not getting the platinum. I used to be able to get division 2 or 3 in the past. I actually got to 1 in Fifa 15 I think it was. Getting to division 4 in this game looks to be impossible for me. Defending mechanics don’t help either

Go for this trophy in a few weeks/months when all good players are in division 1/2. 

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Exactly.  Let the elites level up and beat the noobs and intermediate players.

It will just naturally be alot harder at this moment in time because some good players might still be in divisions 4, 5 and 6. After a few weeks all the top tier players will be at the top. It will definitely be easier in a few weeks. 

I'VE DONE IT - in my opinion the hardest trophy in the game. Clinched Division 4! Had to sweat it out hard in the last match but won 3-0 thanks to glorious goals by Golovin, Fernandes, and my main man Luka Jovic who has 90 appearances for me, 55 goals and 20 assists. He'll be who I reach 200 apps with.

EF0bk9sXoAA9zVv.jpg:large

This was the team I did it with. Nasty pace up front with a clinical striker. One defensive mid (Pereira was a GOD), one offensive (Golovin bangers), and Saul who does a bit of everything. The game is tough but fairer than past editions IMO. Best of luck to you lot. 

Ι ended last year (in June) with 2300 Skill rating (Division 1).

I got to Division 4 today and I have a couple of friends with similar skill level who are in that range now.

Just wait a couple of months until players get to the division they deserve. It's a bloodbath right now.

I’m on 1143 points. In my first 10-15 matches i lost like 90% of them and dropped all the way down to division 8 and on something like 300 points. I have since improved and currently sit at 1143. No far to go. I skipped Fifa 19 but i played Fifa 18 alot. And i think i tried to play it like Fifa 18 which was always going to end badly. You have to tighten up alot more. You have to pass it around alot more and you can’t dive into tackles. 

I still make silly errors though. The main error i make is i give the ball away all the time. Like my opponent’s players will intercept alot of my passes and i will take too long on the ball. 

Oh well. I’m slowly getting there! 

Got it done! I spammed the Volta to get the max overall and got the 200 appearances after playing 110 matches, quit the next 89, and then for the final 200th after the game glitched play a match of squad battles and it popped with wonderful 83 OVR ST Luka Jovic at 202 appearances. Thank you FIFA 20, it was a headache at times, but a platinum in 1 week and 4 days is pretty damn solid. Plus it's my level 22 upgrade!