COD Ghosts VS Battlefield 4 on PS4?

IntenseFATE98

Well i have been avoiding FPS games for a long time now so i have no idea which one to get among these two.

Which one has got a better campaign mode?

Which one has better online connectivity and which franchise usually has more players online?

Which game will be better to play without buying the dlc? (I never buy dlc)

I know that it is actually stupid for me to ask which one will be better since they havent been release but comparing the previous COD and Battlefield games which one among these two will you expect to be better and which one will you get?

I will be buying one or if i can both on the PS4.

post-49545-0-09529700-1374511296_thumb.jpg

Edited by IntenseFAtE98

Cod ghosts will have more players online and people will always be on 

i'd say Cod ghosts would be better without Dlc 

Both single players will be good while COD always has good single player 

I really don't know though everybody has their own opinion and prefer their own thing 

me personally iv'e been playing COD for years so i'm going to stick with COD while i still enjoy battlefield but i prefer COD 

if i was you i'd get Cod ghosts

Everybody always , always hates on COD ! but there's a reason why so many people play it and it's because it's good simple as  

If i was you wait until battlefield 4 comes out and check out the reviews and same goes for Cod if your not sure .

Edited by TheBolloxx

It depends on what you want. Do you want a fast paced, fun, mindless shooter that is great fun with friends and easy to pick up and play for 10 minutes? If so, CoD is a better choice. Battlefield is your game is you like much longer matches with more guns, more customization, bigger maps, 64 players per map, more realistic shooting mechanics and vehicles. 

Call of Duty usually has a better campaign than Battlefield. Really though they are two completely different styles of shooter and you have to decide if you want a more realistic shooter or an arcade-y one. One isn't necessarily better than the other because they are going for much different experiences. 

But more than likely this thread is going to be filed with "derp cod suckz becuze i dont lyke it!"

Parker

• Like 3

Call of Duty has the better campaign mode, the cinematic sequences and the story are amazing.  Battlefield's singleplayer tends to feel tacked on.

Call of duty by far has more online players. Double, even triple the amount that Battlefield has.

Doesn't really matter about the DLC, don't think that would be that big of a deal.

I say go for COD because it's a high chance most of your friends will get it.

Also, COD is faster paced, Battlefield is slower, so it's up to you.

Are you serious? Have you seen BF4 gameplay? Tanks, Jeeps, Jets, Choppers, 64 players, huge maps, skyscrapers falling down , boats, TEAM PLAY. GRAPHICS. what does Ghost have? oh right, dogs..... you have options mate, wanna be foot soldier, go ahead, want to get in a tank and destroy everything in front of you, go ahead, want to get in a chopper as a gunner and give the enemy hell, go ahead . Yes CoD has the biggest community and more online players, but Battlefield have maturity, you enter in a CoD server say hi and the natural response "fuck off" . In BF3 I have never encounter someone swearing at me for no reason, and they are all nice and like interact.

Edited by entimecago
  • Like 4

personally I like the Battlefield series better and have it preordered for ps4.

Saying that dosn't mean I don't like COD. I do and have played a number of the COD games. Yes I like the campaighn better in COD but I prefer BF Mp.

Get which everone you feel like you will enjoy the most.

Battlefield 4 will be better imo but it's up to you to choose what you like.

Battlefield is more tactical with vehicles (jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets), squads, teamwork, unique classes (Medic, Support, Engineer etc.), community is better then the one in CoD and bigger maps, the campaign is good in the Bad Company series but it sucked in BF3, better graphics, 64 players in a match on consoles not sure about PC, better weapon/vehicle sounds (seriously the guns in CoD sound like tin cans not guns).

CoD is fast paced run and gun action in small maps where you are a one man army guy... the community is awful and is one of the reasons i stopped playing and because it's the same since MW2, the only reason i go back to play CoD from time to time is the zombie mode, campaign is okay but it's the usual blah blah we are Americans blah blah we save the world blah blah terrorists blah blah Americans win also it's the same crap different year instead of making the game good by taking their time and making some innovations (no dogs and fish are not innovation) they release it every year.

Edited by WolfyRaiden

If you like run and gunning choose Battlefield 4. If you like an FPS with a strategic element choose Battlefield 4.  If you like realistic sniping and weapon handling choose Battlefield 4. If you actually like being able to use vehicles to include fighter jets, jeeps, tanks and helicopters choose Battlefield 4.

If you are one of those people that has to do absolutely everything with their dog choose Call of Duty. Fits too because dogs don't mind eatting regurgitated food, much like CoDers don't mind playing the same regurgitated game every year with a different box cover..

what sexymcgee here said, kids...and personally, im not going to be surprised over the new "shock factor" moment being them killing the so focused on dog...and even there, THEY ARE FOCUSING SO MUCH ON A FUCKING CANINE AI, wheres the new engine talk, new gameplay implements that will give interesting tweaks to the already existing mechanics behind the CoD series' gameplay, and all that? nope, all I can tell you is that they have a fucking dog. [/boredom]

CoD is more of run and gun that takes very little skill and time to get good at. As far as I know Ghosts will have no vehicles so the gameplay will still be filled with running around with a sniper rifle or shotgun online.

BF is Mich more team based and strategic gameplay online. You have the option to use tanks, jets, choppers, trucks, and buggies to help out squad members. Buildings are also destructible, so that adds an element of unpredictability when playing online.

The campaign in both games is terrible, it's always a 3 hour long war soap opera and the only reason it's even tacked on is so they can sell the game for the full 60$

COD                                                                                                        

• Better Campaign (still 3 hr soap opera)                                      
  • Double Online Community (too much hate though)                    
  • Lack of skill required
  • NO Innovation
  • One Man Army (you serious?)
  • same thing...EVERY MATCH

Battlefield

• Not a great campaign (3 at least)
  • Respectable Online Community
  • Requires skill
  • Innovates
  • Vehicles (Tanks, Jeeps, Jets, etc.)
  • Guns ACTUALLY sound like guns
  • Requires a team (most of the time)
  • Battle is ever changing
Edited by BSAA_Operative

Well i have been avoiding FPS games for a long time now so i have no idea which one to get among these two.

Which one has got a better campaign mode? Hard to tell. Both usually have sub par campaigns since both of them focus on multiplayer.

Which one has better online connectivity and which franchise usually has more players online? Connectivity goes to BF because of dedicated servers. People online goes to Cod since it has a bigger player base.

Which game will be better to play without buying the dlc? (I never buy dlc) Cod because all you get is maps. With BF(at least with BF3) they added maps and weapons.

I know that it is actually stupid for me to ask which one will be better since they havent been release but comparing the previous COD and Battlefield games which one among these two will you expect to be better and which one will you get?

I will be buying one or if i can both on the PS4.

Answers are in bold.

It depends on what you want. Do you want a fast paced, fun, mindless shooter that is great fun with friends and easy to pick up and play for 10 minutes? If so, CoD is a better choice. Battlefield is your game is you like much longer matches with more guns, more customization, bigger maps, 64 players per map, more realistic shooting mechanics and vehicles. 

Call of Duty usually has a better campaign than Battlefield. Really though they are two completely different styles of shooter and you have to decide if you want a more realistic shooter or an arcade-y one. One isn't necessarily better than the other because they are going for much different experiences. 

But more than likely this thread is going to be filed with "derp cod suckz becuze i dont lyke it!"

Parker

Is it true that In COD the online matches last only for about 10 minutes? And i heard the online matches in Battlefield sometimes last for about 2 hours! :o is this true?

Is it true that In COD the online matches last only for about 10 minutes? And i heard the online matches in Battlefield sometimes last for about 2 hours! :o is this true?

It's very true, I once played a match lasting almost 160 minutes (it tells you at the end of a game in BF3). the long games are usually in servers that people have rented and increased the ticket amount. If you're in a DICE server, a regular game lasts about 15-20 minutes

I will pick up call of duty, I haven't played one in a while but in my opinion I prefer the fast paced level battlefield of cod... I have found in my experience of battlefield that I simply don't get along with it too well, meaning i get frustrated easily.

I'm not the best fps player online, so for me I need an easy game to pick up which is cod, if you want to put more work into mastering a game pick battlefield

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the Battlefield "fanboys" who complain about the terrible CoD community are the ones who are insulting the CoD fans for enjoying a game and having a different opinion? I've met just as many dicks in Battlefield as I have in CoD but Battlefield has an awful mic system so you can't talk to your whole team so you are much less likely to come across an asshole. 

Parker

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the Battlefield "fanboys" who complain about the terrible CoD community are the ones who are insulting the CoD fans for enjoying a game and having a different opinion? I've met just as many dicks in Battlefield as I have in CoD but Battlefield has an awful mic system so you can't talk to your whole team so you are much less likely to come across an asshole. 

Parker

Insulting? I don't think nobody here went on straight and insulted nobody we are also sharing out opinions. But I see your point and its true. However I love Bf3 mic system you can talk with your whole squad and team if you like instead in CoD, IT'S EVERYBODY..If in BF3 gets crazy when in team speak I can't imagine in CoD. I respect everybody's opinion and I hope people do the same with mine.

Edited by entimecago