High School X_X

Pika09

I'm going to be the "bad guy" here and say that if someone tells you that you will have a good time because they did to take that with a grain of salt. Someone told me that and it wound up being complete BS. I wound up hating it for reasons too personal, granted not all of it was bad but the bad outshined the good. Your experience is your own.

The only other advice I can give is to stick with your friends or other people you're familiar with and to avoid other peoples' drama as much as possible. 

Edited by omegarevan

Yea.. but it wasn't much, I have quite thick/long hair anyways so I wasn't running around with a bald patch showing.. it just had me pretty pissed off, at least some people seen who did it anyways.

Nope, you won't love it at High School, that much I can tell you.. but you'll be laughing about how immature some of the girls were in the future for sure :P And them always saying how immature the guys were.

Yup lol so lookin forward to that

I'm going to be the "bad guy" here and say that if someone tells you that you will have a good time because they did to take that with a grain of salt. Someone told me that and it wound up being complete BS. I wound up hating it for reasons too personal, granted not all of it was bad but the bad outshined the good. Your experience is your own.

The only other advice I can give is to stick with your friends or other people you're familiar with and to avoid other peoples' drama as much as possible. 

Wise words, thank you.

lol guessing you couldn't wake up early in the morning just to go to school? :rolleyes:

not school, more like a place to meet up with friends  :lol: , mess around a little....I could tell you countless of anecdotes of my time in High School but it will take me some time, like have you heard of someone breaking his hand by playing Chess? well I have seen it  B) . lol By the day of graduation you'll have bunch of weird wild stories to tell.

not school, more like a place to meet up with friends  :lol: , mess around a little....I could tell you countless of anecdotes of my time in High School but it will take me some time, like have you heard of someone breaking his hand by playing Chess? well I have seen it  B) . lol By the day of graduation you'll have bunch of weird wild stories to tell.

Omg lol ok then :P

Too true. Them weird stories are sometimes epic though. All depends though.

Some wise words for you Pika09, Be yourself always and if people dislike you for it...it's their loss not yours. Let people be immature and enjoy yourself during high school cause it will fly by in no time, you will have some wild/ weird stories by the end.

• Like 1

I was nervous about High School at first but after the first couple of weeks I adjusted. I didn't do any clubs/sports and mainly kept to myself unless I was in class with friends or people I knew but I rarely had any problems. Idiots tried messing with me a couple times because I was quiet but they learned it wasn't a good idea.

I'm sure you'll be fine and make some friends along the way.

Edited by Hikari_Symphony

A wise bastard once said, "All I can be is me, whoever that is." Nobody has a fucking clue in this life, especially when they're still in school. I still don't have a fucking notion what I'm doing with my life. Just be yourself, take the little knocks on the chin and stand by your own opinion during the heavy knocks. You'll be grand.

My only other advice is to enjoy the laughter and discovering things with your friends - those memories will be priceless in a few years. And if you make some mistakes, don't regret them because you'll learn way more from those mistakes than your successes. 

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 2

I was nervous about High School at first but after the first couple of weeks I adjusted. I didn't do any clubs/sports and mainly kept to myself unless I was in class with friends or people I knew but I rarely had any problems. Idiots tried messing with me a couple times because I was quiet but they learned it wasn't a good idea.

I'm sure you'll be fine and make some friends along the way.

I'm always nervous on the first day of school & quiet, had friends to back me up just in case x_x not sure about that anymore tho, thanks :)

Too true. Them weird stories are sometimes epic though. All depends though.

Some wise words for you Pika09, Be yourself always and if people dislike you for it...it's their loss not yours. Let people be immature and enjoy yourself during high school cause it will fly by in no time, you will have some wild/ weird stories by the end.

A wise bastard once said, "All I can be is me, whoever that is." Nobody has a fucking clue in this life, especially when they're still in school. I still don't have a fucking notion what I'm doing with my life. Just be yourself, take the little knocks on the chin and stand by your own opinion during the heavy knocks. You'll be grand.

My only other advice is to enjoy the laughter and discovering things with your friends - those memories will be priceless in a few years. And if you make some mistakes, don't regret them because you'll learn way more from those mistakes than your successes. 

I take those words to heart ^_^

Honestly, there is nothing to be nervous about.  Every other whippersnapper is feeling just like you are, and trust me when I say this...

No matter how tough it may seem and unbelievable at times, the jocks and the "beautiful" people that pick on those who are different / shy / not so great at sports, will most likely turn out to be massive losers by the time they are 30.  Whilst the kids that they picked on, who they made turn inward, spent their time cultivating beautiful minds and personalities with a sense of what goes on in the world rather than the high school bubble that means nothing once you've left school.

Make sensible choices, but take some risks along the way.  You will be fine kiddo.

• Like 2

Everything you're going to worry about will probably never happen so don't feel nervous it's not even worth stressing about. No one can really predict what your high school experience will be like, I thought mine was going to be a living hell but it ended up being the most fun I've ever had. Don't let people control you and don't change yourself in order to make new friends because if you do you are going to miss out on being friends with the people who are exactly like you. Study hard and have fun !

Edited by CaptStoneHill

It was a living hell for me.....but I am a foreigner and I could not speak English very well for the first two years, so that may of had an impact. Other than the teasing though it was just boring. I'm sure that you will have a great time and make some friends in the process.

High school isn't bad.  The only difference at my high school was that students were driving  :P .  Classes aren't hard the first year, so don't worry about that.  Just be sociable with the right people and you'll make new friends within a week.  Hopefully you will enjoy this new chapter and I wish you good luck  :D

I will be a sophomore at the end of August so i know how u felt a year ago. Hang with your friends, but don't be afraid to meet new people. Join whatever sports/clubs u r interested in and don't mind people tht make fun of u.  I found freshman year to be nothing like its made outto be, just don't throw urself out there assomething ur not. I found Freshman year to be much much better than my 3 years of middle school. Above all else just have fun:)   

Don't be afraid of talking to new people, try to be social but don't become needy, you should not be friends with someone if you have to act like somebody else.

Be nice to everyone but don't be a pushover, people will try to take advantage of you, the way you act on those situations will define the way they see you.

Also, try to assist as many parties, movies, or whatever other people invite you, believe me it will make your life much easier and it is a great way for people to know you better. But don't push your studies aside because of that (i'm watching you :angry: )

Last but not least, enjoy, high school was one of the better phases of my live, and I'm sure if you act in favor of how you want your experience to be, you will br fine.

Make sure your classes aren't full of people who do nothing but goof off.  If you do get a class full of those people, try your absolute hardest not to get paired up with one of them on projects, because they WILL sit back and do nothing, forcing you to do all the work.  I had this one guy who was like that, but even worse, he cracked stupid jokes on the project (it was a video), and the bastard ended up ruining it.  So yeah, just make sure whoever you get paired up with takes their work seriously, there's nothing worse than having to do everything for fear that absolutely nothing will get done.

Grade 9 and 10 subjects are piss easy and require little to no effort,

Grade 11 and 12 gets more serious as that is where you take courses to prepare for post secondary education.

High school is just a horrible preparation for university because the two have very different ways of learning and examinations

Remember to be friendly and if someone gives you shit, just don't give a fuck and be the bigger person.