MGS 3 trophy question

Kiyan-13

If I got it right, MGS 3 Snake Eater comes along with the first two games of the series, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, right? Does earning the platinum requires to play all 3 games? I mean, do the first two games have any trophy hunting value or are they a bonus for MGS 3 with no trophies?

16 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

But that MGS2 isnt the same MGS2 that is in the MGS3 game, its an entirely different game

Metal Gear Solid 2 (MGS2) and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake are two different games. The first one has a platinum. The second is a bonus game inside Metal Gear Solid 3 (MGS3).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

They're just a nice bonus! A word of warning btw the trophy for obtaiming all the face paints glitched for me so be wary of that

Building on this, do NOT eat the Tsukinoko snake (or whatever it's called). You need to keep it for the end of the game, apparently, or you won't get all the face paints. No one says this in guides that I've seen, and I didn't get the trophy.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Building on this, do NOT eat the Tsukinoko snake (or whatever it's called). You need to keep it for the end of the game, apparently, or you won't get all the face paints. No one says this in guides that I've seen, and I didn't get the trophy.

Also,  if I remember correctly,  there is a point in the game in which you have to recapture it after losing your inventory. It has been years since I got the platinum but I am pretty sure of this. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Also,  if I remember correctly,  there is a point in the game in which you have to recapture it after losing your inventory. It has been years since I got the platinum but I am pretty sure of this. 

That might be true as well. I just ate the snake as soon as I caught it, apparently like a dumbass. 

• Like 1

That's too bad, I was looking for an excuse to play them but I guess I'll skip them then. Don't have a lot of free time, so I always try to combine good games with trophy hunting.

Thanks for replying and for the tips about the snake stuff!! I hope I'll remember them when the time to play this game comes.

Edited by Kiyan-13

• 1 month later...
On 23/9/2019 at 4:46 AM, CaptainMonkster said:

They're just a nice bonus! A word of warning btw the trophy for obtaiming all the face paints glitched for me so be wary of that

There are no glitched trophies as far as I know, you probably missed a face paint.

Water face paint requires you to backtrack some levels after beating the third boss to pick it up.

Also, if you didn't have the Tsuchinoko on your inventory when beating the game, alive of course, you won't get the Infinity face paint required for the trophy as well.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:33 AM, starcrunch061 said:

the guides does say it now, date says it was updated very recently

explains clearly what to do now

• Like 2