ONLINE ONLY! Was Unaware...

34 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Ubisoft can deliver, I'm looking at recent AC and Watch Dogs games for example. Stop bashing this company, there are far worse than them (EA).

Both EA and Ubisoft make good games sometimes but both have incredibly predatory practices when it comes to nickle and dimeing the player

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Haven't played GRB and never will, was just sharing my thoughts on the company in general.

ubisoft was great as a company once. sure they still make fun games every now and then but quality control and consumer friendly practices is something they threw away a long time ago.

I don’t know why people keep misusing pay to win these days. It’s a PvE game. Some people don’t have time to grind out and find items they want. Unless you can use them in PvP, I don’t consider it pay to win. Besides it’s been confirmed you can earn store items in game.

Ubisoft, in my opinion, are one of those companies that actually do micro transactions right. Even though they are abundant, you don’t need them and everything can be earned in game. Look at Wildlands and Odyssey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Ubisoft can deliver, I'm looking at recent AC and Watch Dogs games for example. Stop bashing this company, there are far worse than them (EA).

Comparing EA and Ubisoft is like comparing Hitler and Hussein. Theyre both indespicable. And before you say blehh titanfall blehh odyssey, we get it. They can actually make a game from time to time, but to me that doesn't excuse the other 80% of garbage they put out

Edited by WatertownsFinest
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Ubisoft, in my opinion, are one of those companies that actually do micro transactions right. Even though they are abundant, you don’t need them and everything can be earned in game. Look at Wildlands and Odyssey.

I thought the only correct way to do micro transactions, was to not do micro transactions.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I thought the only correct way to do micro transactions, was to not do micro transactions.

Got me there!

In seriousness I do agree that micro transactions have become an unfortunate norm. But not everyone can give the blessings of CDProjekt Red and Tripwire. I also want to add that I don't like the online only mentally they are doing.

Edited by BestUsername----

On 10/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, PlatPal said:

So I have been excited to play this ever since the initial trailer. Despite all the negative threads/posts I have seen so far, ultimately I thought to myself "Well everyone has their own opinion, who knows! Maybe I will love it"

Cant even play the F@!$%&G thing. You have to be connected to the Ubisoft servers at ALL TIMES, and they are currently offline, and have been since 6 AM this morning (Now almost noon)

I am frustrated beyond belief right now to be honest.

Im going to go buy Ghost Busters Remastered 

- Plat Pal

So you missed the label that said "ONLINE REQUIRED". I'm not yelling, its in all caps on the bottom left hand portion of the cover https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-PlayStation/dp/B07RP44YPV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=breakpoint&qid=1570368642&sr=8-1&th=1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stitchesnscars said:

So you missed the label that said "ONLINE REQUIRED". I'm not yelling, its in all caps on the bottom left hand portion of the cover https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-PlayStation/dp/B07RP44YPV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=breakpoint&qid=1570368642&sr=8-1&th=1

idk how to read. Thanks for making fun of my disability 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, HaserPL said:

If someone were to be burnt by fire on Earth, you can't just say "Well stop bashing fire, being thrown in the sun is far worse!"  That doesn't negate the fire on Earth from being bad. It's still bad.

Ubisoft is a mess. Whether or not other companies are worse doesn't change that.

Topic - Online is the fuuuutuuuuuure!~ A future where I stop playing games due to this crap. I refuse to buy anymore "online service" games which will be inaccessible in a few years... or on launch, because every game that is online required has server problems day 1.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PlatPal said:

idk how to read. Thanks for making fun of my disability 

Right...

1) withing the past 2-3 years almost every Ubisoft game has been "always online"

2) did you look at any reviews before purchasing this that would have almost certainly warned you website(ign gamestop) or customer related(amazon metacritic)?

3) again i have to refer to the online only warning label.

Your frustration at the online only is understandable, you somehow overlooking all three points that I made above and still purchasing the game and not knowing about the online requirement is baffling.

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, stitchesnscars said:

Right...

1) withing the past 2-3 years almost every Ubisoft game has been "always online"

2) did you look at any reviews before purchasing this that would have almost certainly warned you website(ign gamestop) or customer related(amazon metacritic)?

3) again i have to refer to the online only warning label.

Your frustration at the online only is understandable, you somehow overlooking all three points that I made above and still purchasing the game and not knowing about the online requirement is baffling.

You making fun of my inability to read is whats baffling