Questions about SAW

SaltySoph

I heard good reviews of this game? How good is it? I'm from Australia and they didn't sell many copies of it and i finally found one store that has it for $47 preowned because its a rare game, is it worth it? Or because I'm a member and its preowned I can return it in 14 days and get my money back is that enough time to plat it? Is it easy or frustrating? Would appreciate the info:)

Edited by little-miss-sb

You've heard good reviews for this game? From everything I've read and seen it is absolutely awful and definitely not worth the price they're asking. Have you looked up any gameplay to see if you'd like it? Gameplay is more convincing than a written review, in my opinion. 

The most enjoyment I can imagine getting out of this game comes in the form of this...

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

uhhm get your money back who ever told u that this was a good game was seriously pulling your chain, and even in the states the game is selling $12 used

Edit: if possible try to smuggle in a  copy of manhunt 1 and 2 that would be money better spent

Edited by xzero4812

I played both 1 and 2, 2 was garbage, they took away the combat in that game, it's all QTE'S.  Saw 1, the story is much better, and while the combat isn't that good, it's better than QTE'S.  But it's really short, 12 hours at most.  For $47, don't waste your money man, it's worth at most $10.  If you really want, yes, you could plat it in like 2 to 3 days, and then return it.

Edited by drummerklg

Yeah I saw the IGN review it was like 7.5 or something they also said 1 was better then 2. Maybe because its a really old game it was considered good back then? Thanks for the video Parker, yeah it looks average gameplay, Im just looking for something different to play never played a survival horror game before. Yeah I was shocked when they told me $47 it's because there arnt many copies, but yeah if it's easy I might just play it and return it

Yeah I saw the IGN review it was like 7.5 or something they also said 1 was better then 2. Maybe because its a really old game it was considered good back then? Thanks for the video Parker, yeah it looks average gameplay, Im just looking for something different to play never played a survival horror game before. Yeah I was shocked when they told me $47 it's because there arnt many copies, but yeah if it's easy I might just play it and return it

If you're looking for survival horror, try the Dead Space Series, Silent Hill.

As a fan of the movies I would play that game given the opportunity. But not for that price. Judging by the first few minutes of the video it doesn't look like a very deep game so I'm guessing doing the plat in two weeks is probably not a stretch. But I would check a guide first.

Kind of took offense at the very start of the video to that guy calling Tony Hawk a mediocre game :shakefist:

I played the game, but haven't got round to finishing it. To me it wasn't as bad as some of the others stated. Artwork and gameplay remind me of the early Silent Hill games. If you enjoyed the movies you will like it, don't expect a AAA title, but it's a good game in it's own right.

Is it worth the 47 dollar .... that's another question. How are the shipping rates to your island home? Maybe I can send it to you in a couple weeks, I'll try and finish it then  ;)

I saw that people already suggested Dead Space and Silent Hill, both of which are great series'.  You may also try Shadows of the Damned.  It's got quite a bit of juvenile humor in it (some people aren't into that kind of thing... I'm not one of them :P) but it is an extremely well done game.  It's a bit more action orientated than the Silent Hill games but you won't have to deal with the clunky combat and camera that also plague the series.

Alright I'll check a guide and see how long it will take, I'm still trying to decide :/ yeah I liked the saw movies that's why I wanted to play it only just heard about it a few weeks ago. Yeah I'm not expecting it to be an excellent game just one that is maybe good story and enjoyable, I'm actually not sure about the shipping rates I don't buy much online, I did get something not that long ago from America and in Australian money it was more expensive

I saw that people already suggested Dead Space and Silent Hill, both of which are great series'.  You may also try Shadows of the Damned.  It's got quite a bit of juvenile humor in it (some people aren't into that kind of thing... I'm not one of them :P) but it is an extremely well done game.  It's a bit more action orientated than the Silent Hill games but you won't have to deal with the clunky combat and camera that also plague the series.

Alright thanks ill do some research on it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend lent me Saw telling me it was THE GREATEST GAME EVAR and I obliged her (with a lot of face palming and eye rolling).

In the end I actually enjoyed the game and story and while it isn't THE GREATEST GAME EVAR it was pretty fun (I didn't even mind the fight mechanics as much as everyone else)

• 6 months later...

Alright I'll check a guide and see how long it will take, I'm still trying to decide :/ yeah I liked the saw movies that's why I wanted to play it only just heard about it a few weeks ago. Yeah I'm not expecting it to be an excellent game just one that is maybe good story and enjoyable, I'm actually not sure about the shipping rates I don't buy much online, I did get something not that long ago from America and in Australian money it was more expensive

Alright thanks ill do some research on it

I can tell you straight off that this game doesn't take long at all 3-5 hours for someone who follows a guide I certainly wouldn't pay very much for this I have completed this 12 times between xbox and psn because I love saw. Very easy

I heard silent hill series isn't that good, all well might give it a try if you's think it better, yeah I'm not really into alien games/movies. Anyway thanks for the help everyone

Silent Hill is the best horror game franchise ever, with the best stories.

Yeah, last games weren't that good, but the first 4 (developed by Team Silent) are masterpieces.

I'm not sure how it translates but 47$ isn't a good price. If you dedicate enough time into it though, you could easily do it in 14 days. It only requires one play-through if you manage to find all the collectibles. Some of the puzzles are insanely hard at times but you will eventually get the hang of them and the battles are a bitch but when you figure out what weapon delays how much after you push the button it gets easier.

I liked the game despite it's faults and I thought 2 was a much smoother game by taking out the combat and focusing more on puzzle solving.

Yeah thanks everyone, I decided to get it a few months ago I payed like $25 on sale and then I retuned the game when I was finished for money back. It wasn't great but it was fun for me I like the idea of saw maybe if it was made better and looked more realistic :)

Saw is awful..but it's ment to be a easyish plat. But unless you really love the films I wouldn't..even then I'd be seriously considering not.

Try Dead Space (the first one is a must, the second ok but skip the 3rd) as some have suggested. The first is still one of my fav games this gen.

Edit: Just checked your profile and seen you have played the DS series..and saw..lol I'm late to the party :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by A-Grumpy-Ant

• 3 months later...

lol i was looking up for the easiest plat list and felt on this game, my first move was looking it up on ign, I saw 7.5 and was surprised lol then checked it up on youtube and realized that this game is only worth playing for the plat. 10$ would be the maximum ill put for it, even saw some people plated it in a few hours...

• 6 months later...