Death Stranding Reviews

Ghost

Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?

• Yes
    • No
    • Later on
    • Will get it on PC

6 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

It certainly isn't a walking simulator no matter how much you would like it to be.  There is more depth and strategy in its game play systems than you would at first believe and the online working with other players component is extremely well done.  

If you need to mindlessly shoot something every 5 seconds and pretend that is 'gameplay' then I wouldn't bother with Death Stranding but each to their own.  If you like a highly original game with an intriguing story, excellent acting, in depth and strategic gameplay elements that isn't all over in 20 hours then I'd take a serious look at this game (and yes you do shoot things and throw grenades, just not every 5 seconds).  It's my GOTY for sure.  That's of course just my opinion after about 20 hours.  

Why did me saying I don't want to play a walking simulator equate to me saying I only enjoy games where you shoot and kill things? What a massive logical fallacy.

Do you think the only two game genres are "Good Story" and "Shoot blow up bad guy"?

What an embarrassingly uncouth response, especially considering just how..Bizarrely out of place it was.

EDIT: I also love how people are upvoting this response because it makes them feel sophisticated for playing a game that isn’t “mindless” and is “different”. You just got the biggest whiff of your own colon and won the argument that nobody made, "whether or not Death Stranding is original".

I never said it wasn't original, I said it was boring. You can be original in any way you want, take new strides, go against the grain, and try something new; but it doesn't automatically mean it's good. And yes, just as you have, people will use this fact to seem as though they are much more sophisticated for playing a game that isn't "mindless" simply because it's different, yet the ironic part is that, Death Stranding is, more than most games in fact, mindless. Regardless of how often you must shift your character's weight using L2 and R2, help build online highways, or hide from monsters whilst pressing the X button to hold your breath, you are still just taking a package from point A to point B, Over..And over..And over...Again and again and again..For over 100 hours. Yes, oh yes, how intelligent must you all be to withstand all that "originality" rather than experience the story without the constant fetch quests in-between. GOTY for sure, Hideo Kojima is a god among men.

Edited by bakerboy72682
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

What I think is that the only biased people here are the ones that come to rage about how unfair the scores are just because they expected the game to get grounded and somehow delight in the failure of a guy named “Kojima”, surprisingly, most of these dudes haven’t even played the game.

All (or most) of the reviewers have poured hundreds of hours into the game, a game which is brave enough to innovate, with a new “social stranding” system that is exactly the opposite of the competitive system. Will it have repetitive task on the final grind? Sure, EVERY game has them, so far, its always giving new items and mechanics in mostly every quest, its not a walking simulator, its a game with complex mechanics.

So just seriously stop with the bullshit about Kojima, there is people who love him and people who hate him, but the game is not only him, there is a full team and a lot of people who have worked hard for the development, so stop disrespecting their work, specially if you havent sink even 30 hours into the game. I won’t rate the game yet but I think an 85 meta is pretty fair for both people who may not enjoy it and for the people that will love it.

Never wanted it to get hate nor do I agree with idiotic plebs giving it a 0 without playing. Just saying there's a fair amount of reviews saying it's boring tedious, repetitive ect but give it stuff like 9. While they say the same things about other games and give stuff like 6. Thats all, no hate towards the game at all nor those who are truly enjoying it. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

People are like: Well if this was made by EA or Ubisoft it would have gotten worse reviews!!! Yeah, that's a false premise. This game couldn't have been made by these kind of companies, that's the point 1f601.png. They pour money in their products and Kojima pours love (no homo). Konami can't even make a proper Metal Gear game without Kojima and they were working with him for decades. If that alone doesn't tell you how important of a figure he is in the gaming industry nothing will. 

Exactly my problem, its an author game so everyone lack objectivity. EA or any mainstream compagny couldv have made this game, but not its story its ambiance and whatnot. Would it be soulless if EA made it ? yes. Is story/developpement character make off playing a delevery man ? not to my standards no.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, panikooooos said:

People are like: Well if this was made by EA or Ubisoft it would have gotten worse reviews!!! Yeah, that's a false premise. This game couldn't have been made by these kind of companies, that's the point 1f601.png. They pour money in their products and Kojima pours love (no homo). Konami can't even make a proper Metal Gear game without Kojima and they were working with him for decades. If that alone doesn't tell you how important of a figure he is in the gaming industry nothing will. 

There's a reason I put IF... Come on now, read before putting anything.

Also notice I said IF it was an exact copy like its literally DS but EA... It would likely get hate. Do I have 100% proof it would get hate? Nope I don't nor have I claimed that. But its safe to say it would likely get torn apart. You even said he is an important figure in gaming and that alone will likely get him a lot of passes, and seeing as some 10s said they found it very boring and outright tedious shows exactly that sort of pass I am on about.  

My argument is not about how EA makes games or they would make a game like this. It was and always will be IF and how he gets free passes. 

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 3

Just now, lilpain97 said:

There's a reason I put IF... Come on now, read before putting anything.

Wow you said IF, omg that completely changes everything ? It's you who don't seem to get the concept of a false premise. Bethesda making this game, is a nonsensical hypothetical. To make this game you need Kojima. That's like me saying "If I was your father, I would have raised you better" it makes no sense. Hypothetically, maybe I'm better at parenting than your father but, only your father could be your father, if I was your father "you" wouldn't be "you" so I couldn't raise "you" better ? (bUt iF tHoUgH)

8 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Exactly my thoughts, then he wonders why so many people upvote the responses.

This guy is openly discussing and criticize something he has not even experienced, it’s beyond ridiculous.

How do you know I haven't played it? Did I ever directly state that? Is it because I haven't directly purchased it and bought it on my own profile?

Yes, I did criticize the game, but the most important aspect of my response was the fact that your buddy decided to randomly toot his own horn by saying "sorry if you don't like it because it's mindless call of duty bud, this is an ORIGINAL game with a GREAT STORY, you wouldn't understand.."

And..That's why people are upvoting the response. Because you guys all know that deep down inside, you feel cool for playing a game that's different from others on the market. Whether or not you like it isn't even an argument at this point. You clearly all upvoted a response that dissed other games for being "mindless" and this one for being "original".

All I wanted to say was.."Okay, it's original. Just not my cup of tea."

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Wow you said IF, omg that completely changes everything 1f602.png It's you who don't seem to get the concept of a false premise. Bethesda making this game, is a nonsensical hypothetical. To make this game you need Kojima. That's like me saying "If I was your father, I would have raised you better" it makes no sense. Hypothetically, maybe I'm better at parenting than your father but, only your father could be your father, if I was your father "you" wouldn't be "you" so I couldn't raise "you" better 1f60f.png (bUt iF tHoUgH)

But the point of something hypothetical... Is that it hasn't happened... Point was he gets free passes... And seeing you rim him kinda proves that.  

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

You haven't played it sport.  Maybe I'd laugh a little less if you had.

8 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

And then there's you telling me I'm playing it because I feel "sophisticated"?! Get over yourself. Not to mention you didn't even play the game. I upvoted the comment simply bacause I agree with his thoughts on the game.

No..I didn't say you felt sophisticated for playing the game..I said you felt sophisticated because you upvoted a comment that called other games "mindless" and this one "original with a great story." Upvoting a comment incurs that you agree with it, and thus do indeed believe that you are superior for not playing those "mindless" games that everybody else is playing because you're trying something new. Also..I did play the game. When did I ever say I didn't?

On the other hand I was bored to death by the latest CoD and I basically hated Borderlands 3 to the point I cannot even get my self to Plat it. But do you see me shiting on these games on their respective forums? But hey, at least I've played them.

Okay..Cool? I "shat" on this game because it was a review thread. I played it, gave my two cents, and pissed off to do whatever else I was going to do yesterday. What is it with you guys and these immense logical fallacies in your arguments??

I guess according to that logic of yours, if Borderlands 3 wasn't being developed by Gearbox, it would "receive poorer reviews than a sprinkler system installed inside of a bee nest", right? Or is it just cool to hate on Kojima these days?

No..Because gearbox isn't praised for being genius video game developers anywhere NEAR as much as Kojima has..Which is why I made that original argument. People were blindly praising this game before it even released because it was developed by Hideo Kojima. My point was, if it wasn't, that wouldn't have happened, and the reviews wouldn't be constant ten out of tens with nowhere near any actual review that wasn't one to two sentences.

The thread is called "Death Stranding Reviews". Maybe next time try playing the game before giving us you "review", so you could actually put some valuable input into the discussion. Not just mindlessly hating on something many people like without even experiencing it for yourself.

Okay, this is rich. You get mad at me for shitting on the game, and then argue with me for shitting on the game, and then say that I didn't put any valuable input into the discussion because I shat on the game in a...Review thread. Do you not see the blatant irony here? If I had replied and praised the game, this reply wouldn't even exist. You would have upvoted it and moved on, but instead, you saw I didn't like it, got mad, and decided to write this terrible response because my review didn't match yours. Oof.

Edited by bakerboy72682
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, bakerboy72682 said:

How do you know I haven't played it? Did I ever directly state that? Is it because I haven't directly purchased it and bought it on my own profile?

Yes, I did criticize the game, but the most important aspect of my response was the fact that your buddy decided to randomly toot his own horn by saying "sorry if you don't like it because it's mindless call of duty bud, this is an ORIGINAL game with a GREAT STORY, you wouldn't understand.."

And..That's why people are upvoting the response. Because you guys all know that deep down inside, you feel cool for playing a game that's different from others on the market. Whether or not you like it isn't even an argument at this point. You clearly all upvoted a response that dissed other games for being "mindless" and this one for being "original".

All I wanted to say was.."Okay, it's original. Just not my cup of tea."

Also exactly this. This is perfectly said. Grrrrrr not a game for you? Grrrrr you're stupid go play cod and other mindless games... No just not a game for me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

But the point of something hypothetical... Is that it hasn't happened... Point was he gets free passes... And seeing you rim him kinda proves that.  

If your hypothetical isn't even possible in the reality we live in why are you using it to prove a point? "Yeah, but like if this thing which by definition can't happen, happened, then..." Just listen to yourself lmao. Also I'm "rimming" (a verb I had to google btw because I'm not a complete degenerate) Kojima because I said he's an important figure in the videogame industry? I've been hearing people shittalking Kojima ever since MGS4, you think you're such a unique snowflake for calling him out for making "pretentious movie games" wow never heard that one before. It's actually a controversial opinion to say you like Kojima these days, take a look at the thread if you're not convinced. Where are those free passes he gets? 6.8 IGN? 83 Metacritic? 2/5 GiantBomb? Where did you see all the 10/10s? Completely delusional.

41 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

If your hypothetical isn't even possible in the reality we live in why are you using it to prove a point? "Yeah, but like if this thing which by definition can't happen, happened, then..." Just listen to yourself lmao. Also I'm "rimming" (a verb I had to google btw because I'm not a complete degenerate) Kojima because I said he's an important figure in the videogame industry? I've been hearing people shittalking Kojima ever since MGS4, you think you're such a unique snowflake for calling him out for making "pretentious movie games" wow never heard that one before. It's actually a controversial opinion to say you like Kojima these days, take a look at the thread if you're not convinced. Where are those free passes he gets? 6.8 IGN? 83 Metacritic? 2/5 GiantBomb? Where did you see all the 10/10s? Completely delusional.

Jesus... Someones extremely salty. Not once have I said I hate the game. Just pointing out that the game gets a lot more praise because his names slapped on it. And go look at reviews... There's A LOT of 10s despite most agreeing it was boring. So calm down... Calls me a snowflake then breaks down???

Actually... I just realized how stupid that entire comment was/is... Apparently I said I hate him and his games and called em pretentious movie games... Where did I say that? Oh right no where, because that wasn't my argument. I forgot that simply stating something as simple as he's so important he gets away with things means I despise all he does and will forever shit on his fans!!! No. I stated MULTIPLE times I have 0 issues with him or the game... But you just see OMG HE SAID 1 BAD THING ABOUT OUR LORD HANG HIM!!!HE'S A DEGENERATE !!!. Now stop putting words into my mouth.  

I don't care if you GENUINELY like the game (From the looks of it you haven't played, or at least on this acc). Why can't people understand that? I WANTED and STILL want the game to do good. I just hate how so many are either giving it crazy scores without explaining why or why there's so many plebeians giving it 0 without playing. If YOU give a reason as to why you like it (That isn't something contradicting) by all means give it whatever scores you like. Also at the end of the day we are both sat still going at something literally meaningless so your just as much a degenerate. Now can we just both simply disagree?     

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Jesus... Someones extremely salty. Not once have I said I hate the game. Just pointing out that the game gets a lot more praise because his names slapped on it. And go look at reviews... There's A LOT of 10s despite most agreeing it was boring. So calm down... Calls me a snowflake then breaks down???

From the famous videogame reviewing sites I've only seen PushSquare giving it a 10. Where are all these imaginary 10s? Oh that's right, no proof. "despire most agreeing it was boring." Again, no proof. Just baseless accusations to instigate drama. Even if there were tons of 10/10 reviews what does that prove? Oh right, nothing. Could it be that people just loved the game and you didn't? Nope, they're kOjImA fAnBoYs!!! Also love how you're trying to play victim cause I called you a special snowflake in response to you calling me a Kojima asslicker

4 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

And seeing you rim him kinda proves that

Hmmm, what's more offensive I wonder ?.... Maybe don't dish it out if you can't take it, next time? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

From the famous videogame reviewing sites I've only seen PushSquare giving it a 10. Where are all these imaginary 10s? Oh that's right, no proof. "despire most agreeing it was boring." Again, no proof. Just baseless accusations to instigate drama. Even if there were tons of 10/10 reviews what does that prove? Oh right, nothing. Could it be that people just loved the game and you didn't? Nope, they're kOjImA fAnBoYs!!! Also love how you're trying to play victim cause I called you a special snowflake in response to you calling me a Kojima asslicker

Hmmm, what's more offensive I wonder 1f601.png.... Maybe don't dish it out if you can't take it, next time? 

Go on metacritic critics reviews. There's more than 1 10. 

6 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Hmmm, what's more offensive I wonder 1f601.png.... Maybe don't dish it out if you can't take it, next time? 

As for fan scores... Yes loooooots of fanboys are saying 10/10 after like 4hrs of play. Barely played it but giving it a 10/10? Just as many haters are saying 0/10 which is also un called for.

6 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Go on metacritic critics reviews. There's more than 1 10. 

I specifically said "famous" videogame review sites, wtf do I care if "DigitalChumps" with 270 Facebook followers gave Death Stranding a 10 ?? Better question, why do you? Also nearly all of the "reviewers" who gave it a 10, if you look at their profile you'd see they're generous with their scores, they all rate higher than the average reviewer and give plenty of 100s. Literally trying to make a big deal out of nothing.