Potential Tony Hawk Pro Skater Remakes

DEI2EK

Infamous leaker Sabi is back and says that Activision will announce Tony Hawk Pro Skater remakes soon

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/11/rumour_tony_hawks_pro_skater_remakes_incoming_says_infamous_insider

The original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and its sequel are widely considered to be two of the very best games released on the PSone, so imagine our delight when reports began cropping up about potential remakes of the excellent twosome. According to one Twitter insider, who rather unceremoniously leaked almost the entirety of E3 2019 earlier this year, the titles are about to be released on PlayStation 4 with a fresh lick of paint.

According to Sabi, prototypes of the remake have been kicking around Activision for a while now, but now they're about to be released on the current generation of consoles as fully-fledged games. If we take the rumour to be true, which we do with a very large grain of salt, could this be an announcement planned for The Game Awards?

I loved the first game, i would love to see remakes of the series. Just as long as it's nothing like TPS5 aha

• Like 3

With the way this series turned out, and the reception Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 got, I hope they really don't fuck with the game mechanics and actually make a proper skateboard game.

I'm still waiting on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground, I've wanted that game to be on the PS4 ever since some PS2 games got ported over.

Underground 1 is a really worth to be re-made, story and overall stuff there was just outstanding to other TH's games. But probably because of soundtrack and some points why game was widely banned it will never happen. Otherwise with censored stuff this will be a different game. 

I'm still listening to hip-hop records from game and remember all funny remix touches they made to avoid hate from rating companies.

I mean...I love the original games, and I would probably be on board with this if they can leave the core gameplay generally untouched. THPS HD should have been FAR better than it was...and I've had THPS 5 sitting on my shelf for years now after buying it for $10, and I just can't bring myself to play it after all I've seen and heard (it was an impulse buy). 

So just going back to what worked could just be the best way to go about it. But I'm not like fiending for new Tony Hawk game...it could just be best to finally let it die. 

On 25/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, Spaz said:

With the way this series turned out, and the reception Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 got, I hope they really don't fuck with the game mechanics and actually make a proper skateboard game.

I'm still waiting on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground, I've wanted that game to be on the PS4 ever since some PS2 games got ported over.

Tony Hawks Underground always was my favourite! I would legit pay 50+ to play that remastered!