Vita 2.60 feature: Hiding games and trophies

I just checked out the new firmware features, those about the privacy settings for trophies are naturally very interesting.

So I deactivated Catherine and When Vikings Attack on my Vita and updated my trophy list. On Sony's trophy site those 2 games disappeared, but not here. 

Could you please fix the system in that aspect?

• Like 1

Working on it.

Also, if you're flagged in these games you'll be unflagged too.

If I understand that right, it means that cheaters could hide all their flagged games and their account would be unflagged then, with its general high and undeserved trophy count?

I'd suggest an alternative solution then. For example the system could check if an achieved Platinum is hidden and flag the account as a cheater then, taking it from the leaderboard.

I can't really imagine why someone with a "clean" Platinum should try to hide it. And if they have some other reasons, they probably aren't interested in the leaderboard anyway.

Imho this could be a reasonable approach. You might reconsider details though, maybe flag someone only when he has 3+ hidden Platinums or whatever alternative condition you'd prefer.

If I understand that right, it means that cheaters could hide all their flagged games and their account would be unflagged then, with its general high and undeserved trophy count?

I'd suggest an alternative solution then. For example the system could check if an achieved Platinum is hidden and flag the account as a cheater then, taking it from the leaderboard.

I can't really imagine why someone with a "clean" Platinum should try to hide it. And if they have some other reasons, they probably aren't interested in the leaderboard anyway.

Imho this could be a reasonable approach. You might reconsider details though, maybe flag someone only when he has 3+ hidden Platinums or whatever alternative condition you'd prefer.

It originally seemed like hiding a game would affect the total/level but it doesn't. I'll just set it up to alter that stuff on the site.

It originally seemed like hiding a game would affect the total/level but it doesn't. I'll just set it up to alter that stuff on the site.

This is what I was going to suggest too - automatically adjusting things like completion percentage, etc.

I wouldn't be using it to hide "clean" platinums. I would use it to hide games that I have no plans to finish, or are unplattable. 

Edited by simula67

It's strange that is coming out for Vita only, at least so far.

I also don't see any evidence that it would affect anything but what you see on your trophy list, ie completion. I'm sure that Sony's servers will get all of the information regardless of your privacy settings. Otherwise, if you're hiding a, for example, 30% game, you'd lose trophies/levels which Sly said it didn't appear to affect.

This appears to be a way to hide that Hannah Montana plat you got last year from your friends. Don't see a big issue in this.

This really sucks... now tons of ultra rare platinums will become common because people will start removing them from their profiles...

Never thought about that, FFS...What a disaster for dedicated trophy hunters...

I'm sure eburk isn't too happy

Well that's annoying, so now you can hide your crappy games so now people will have to see if you have a low completion rate but all your games appear completed? I really wish Sony would let you DELETE any game under 15% and it would affect (lower) your trophy level/percentage accordingly if you choose to delete those games, "hiding" games only causes confusion!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

I can't really talk as I only have 1 game to complete but this really isn't a good idea and would make the PSN Trophy system lose it's integrity. Example would be if a person has 20 games out 99 ranked "F" and they wiped it out, they would seem to have the perfect profile when infact that is not the case. What Sony should have done is give 5 spots for each platform(PS3,PSVita,PS4) that the user can hide their games. This would mean they still maintain the integrity of PSN and trophy websites.

If this does come to PS3 or PS4 at the current way it is then the outcome is not looking very  good.