Vita 2.60 feature: Hiding games and trophies

Well i guess it's alright for you because you have a 66% completion rate but i worked my ass off getting above 90

Sorry  I thought it was about personal stats, please accept my most humble excuses ...

However I foresee even more whining than when DLC trophies were only counted with people with at least one trophy.

Should be a great one to watch ...

I wonder why those who oppose this feature, never vocalized their concerns when others begged and requested it from Sony. It's not like this would have come out of nowhere, it's been required for years. And not once I've seen anyone oppose it.

And to be clear: I didn't request this feature. I don't really care either way. I'll get rid of some few games with max. 1-2 trophies and that's it.

Sorry  I thought it was about personal stats, please accept my most humble excuses ...

However I foresee even more whining than when DLC trophies were only counted with people with at least one trophy.

Should be a great one to watch ...

I actually liked the DLC feature because it was fair...This one is a load of BS though

I wonder why those who oppose this feature, never vocalized their concerns when others begged and requested it from Sony. It's not like this would have come out of nowhere, it's been required for years. And not once I've seen anyone oppose it.

And to be clear: I didn't request this feature. I don't really care either way. I'll get rid of some few games with max. 1-2 trophies and that's it.

People never requested this from Sony, what people requested was the option to delete games from their list under a certain percentage (I say 15%) which would affect their trophy level and lower it accordingly, people did not request the ability to hide them which affects nothing about your trophy level and also lets your profile appear to artificially have a high completion rate (even though websites like this will show the actual, lower completion rate) and results in skewing other numbers and stats.

Edited by BlindMango

People never requested this from Sony, what people requested was the option to delete games from their list under a certain percentage (I say 15%) which would affect their trophy level and lower it accordingly, not the option to hide them and affect nothing about your trophy level and let you artificially look like a high completion rate and skew numbers.

Oh, one who speaks for everyone. I love when that happens.

If really everyone would have demanded exactly what you describe, they obviously didn't explain that all to well to Sony, eh?  ^_^

People want to completly remove games from their profiles but this "hide trophies" feature will lead to even more confusion for trophy tracking sites like this.

Edited by Aexuz

so now you can hide your crappy games so now people will have to see if you have a low completion rate but all your games appear completed?

You don't understand, the completion rate is recalculate when you hide games so, if you have 2 games, one 100%, the other 50%, if you choose to hide the last one, your completion rate will be 100% as only first game will count. Anyway, the number of trophies won with the second game will not be cancelled so your level will be the same. 

Mixed feelings about this, i would love to get all my 0-5% (or something like that) games of my list, mostley PS+ games i downloaded tried out for a bit and felt i didn't like and stopped playing. I mean i love the whole PS+ thing besides it's ruining my completion % 

Edit: Just counted it i have about 40-50 games under 5% most of them PS+ games i found no joy in but tested atleast. Some of them where actually games with just hard trophies that i never got around to get but yeah.

Edited by helpthemedic

Oh, one who speaks for everyone. I love when that happens.

If really everyone would have demanded exactly what you describe, they obviously didn't explain that all to well to Sony, eh?  ^_^

I'm not speaking for everyone, it's exactly what everyone was requesting - I've never ever seen or even considered a feature to just "hide" any game from your list and still have those trophies count towards your level, that makes no sense, even for 0% games because it doesn't affect your completion percentage.

Edited by BlindMango

Well that's annoying, so now you can hide your crappy games so now people will have to see if you have a low completion rate but all your games appear completed? I really wish Sony would let you DELETE any game under 15% and it would affect (lower) your trophy level/percentage accordingly if you choose to delete those games, "hiding" games only causes confusion!

Personally I'd like to see Sony do what Microsoft do and allow us to delete games from our profile only if they're at 0%. I don't think we should be able to delete trophies we've already earned but if there is a game with a big fat 0% why should it stay on the users profile? 

Regardless, I really couldn't care less about hiding games or trophies and I don't understand why others are so upset that Sony are giving us options to customize our profiles they way we want to. 

Parker

• Like 1

Hope this doesn't make its way to PS3/PS4.  There really is only one justifiable reason for deleting a game from the list - and that is if the 100% is no longer possible (due to server shutdowns for example).

Umm... I'm not sure if this adds anything. But do you guys remember the PS3 4.30 Update, when they moved the Trophy Collection to the PlayStation Network side of the XMB and added the Offline/Online option. Maybe it's related?

Umm... I'm not sure if this adds anything. But do you guys remember the PS3 4.30 Update, when they moved the Trophy Collection to the PlayStation Network side of the XMB and added the Offline/Online option. Maybe it's related?

How could i forget that? took me about a month to get used to

Personally I'd like to see Sony do what Microsoft do and allow us to delete games from our profile only if they're at 0%. I don't think we should be able to delete trophies we've already earned but if there is a game with a big fat 0% why should it stay on the users profile? 

Regardless, I really couldn't care less about hiding games or trophies and I don't understand why others are so upset that Sony are giving us options to customize our profiles they way we want to. 

Parker

It's quite obvious why some people don't like it. Having any particular game/percentage of trophies in your list has no real effect on anything. If you have 0% in 255 games you bought, you're not losing out on anything. If you have 0% in a game that a friend accidentally played on your profile, you're not losing out on anything. If your completion rate is zero, you're not losing out on anything. There isn't a practical reason for hiding anything. Almost every time it's used will just be an attempt to make one's profile seem superior by hiding a game they could not complete. Personally, I couldn't care less what people do, petty reasons or not. But this should all be easily visible to anyone that understands the system.

• Like 2

It's quite obvious why some people don't like it. Having any particular game/percentage of trophies in your list has no real effect on anything. If you have 0% in 255 games you bought, you're not losing out on anything. If you have 0% in a game that a friend accidentally played on your profile, you're not losing out on anything. If your completion rate is zero, you're not losing out on anything. There isn't a practical reason for hiding anything. Almost every time it's used will just be an attempt to make one's profile seem superior by hiding a game they could not complete. Personally, I couldn't care less what people do, petty reasons or not. But this should all be easily visible to anyone that understands the system.

This was perfectly said

As it stands, I *did* hide some Trophies but they did not reflect on this site.

So you can go ahead and see: SOCOM and Fuel.  Sure, I'm not flagged (I was flagged just before the rollback, and I'm guessing the backup data used pre-dated the flagging). 

But yeah, I DO have a near perfect completion rate and even with those two games removed (in addition to two no-plat games), they're still there

But I trust they're workign on it so.. yeah.  I don't mind having their counts removed too; I don't care about leaderboard and SOCOM was done in friggin 2009. LOL

As it stands, I *did* hide some Trophies but they did not reflect on this site.

So you can go ahead and see: SOCOM and Fuel.  Sure, I'm not flagged (I was flagged just before the rollback, and I'm guessing the backup data used pre-dated the flagging). 

But yeah, I DO have a near perfect completion rate and even with those two games removed (in addition to two no-plat games), they're still there

But I trust they're workign on it so.. yeah.  I don't mind having their counts removed too; I don't care about leaderboard and SOCOM was done in friggin 2009. LOL

I answered you on .org too, but for anyone else, your trophy count has to change to trigger a full update for performance reasons.

Your hidden games will be removed when you next earn a trophy.

• Like 1