Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

As expected, I hid four games.  Exclamation point said I have 112 hidden Trophies.  Overall Trophy count and level on THIS website went down, as will my ranking soon.

Two games were socom and Fuel.  The other two were dumb 100%-with-no-platinum games. 

The Vita got an update today which lets you hide any games on your trophy list, however it doesn't reflect in your total trophy counts or level. Keeping it like this wouldn't be too great for PSNProfiles, users could hide any game they're flagged in and appear legitimate while staying on the clean leaderboard.

I've implemented a change which will alter the total trophy counts and level to reflect the hidden games, this keeps stats corrected and allows a flagged user to remove the game and undo anything they gained from it.

Here's an example before and after hiding LBP Vita on my list:

UD0bxTc.png

zUcVDw1.png

Dude, how do you even hide them? I've been trying to figure that out all day. Lol

Dude, how do you even hide them? I've been trying to figure that out all day. Lol

On the PS vita.

Somewhere in this topic are pictures explaining "how-to"

As expected, I hid four games.  Exclamation point said I have 112 hidden Trophies.  Overall Trophy count and level on THIS website went down, as will my ranking soon.

Two games were socom and Fuel.  The other two were dumb 100%-with-no-platinum games.

What is a dumb 100% no platinum game?

Any (legit) 100% isnt stupid..

• Like 2

If this came to the PS3, I wouldn't use it. Sure, I would like to get rid of Ico, Tony H.A.W.X and Shadow of the Colossus, but it just wouldn't look right...

Good feature for those who care about % though.

Tony H.A.W.X?

its either Tony hawk or H.A.W.X they are both very different games.

Tony hawks Pro Skater is pretty easy to get about 50% on in no time btw

On the PS vita.

Somewhere in this topic are pictures explaining "how-to"

What is a dumb 100% no platinum game?

Any (legit) 100% isnt stupid..

Wheel of Fortune (predated my trophy hunting) and .detuned (did it in a rush)

Saw this interesting discussion and I decided to give some of my thoughts. BTW, always love this trophy site and great work at everything, Sly. I personally bought a couple premiums for my friends to support the site.

As for all this hidden trophies update, I would say this is a feature setup for casual gamers by Sony. Casual gamers are too embarrass to show games that they can't complete or finish. However, anyone who is using this site for trophy cards and leader-board, I doubt that they are casual gamers. Everyone is here to compete and proud with their trophy hunting process. That means, any players with any hidden trophies should be excluded from the leaderboard with the exception of hiding 0% games only (isn't this is also one of the feature in the site before the update?)

• Like 2

That means, any players with any hidden trophies should be excluded from the leaderboard with the exception of hiding 0% games only (isn't this is also one of the feature in the site before the update?)

Shouldn't that mean all 'casual gamers' should also be removed from the leaderboards as they, according to your post, shouldn't count whatsoever either ?

Actually 95% of 'casual gamers' wouldn't come onto this site.

Last thing trophies are different from gaming, people didn't get any trophies for the 100's of hours put into single games in PC, was that casual ?

It'd be nice if people stopped thinking inside this small box, with casuals/completionists,hardcore etc.

Sly updated the site to fit as well as possible how the site functions and how Sony have added this privacy change.

There is no need to start name-calling or removing users because they use what options were given to them.

Edited by Memnoch

No it won't, nothing will change, you won't even notice any differences in trophy rarity.

How? surely if lots of people with low amount of trophies in the game make it private they won't be included in the game owners making the many trophies they failed to earn a slight bit more common. If lots of people do that it will start to make a noticeable difference especially if this feature is added in the next PS3 update.

How? surely if lots of people with low amount of trophies in the game make it private they won't be included in the game owners making the many trophies they failed to earn a slight bit more common. If lots of people do that it will start to make a noticeable difference especially if this feature is added in the next PS3 update.

In pretty much the same way he says how many trophies are hidden ...

Just trust the man ^^

Possibly, but the sample size is large, it would take a lot of people hiding games to affect stats in a great way.

Shouldn't that mean all 'casual gamers' should also be removed from the leaderboards as they, according to your post, shouldn't count whatsoever either ?

Last thing trophies are different from gaming, people didn't get any trophies for the 100's of hours put into single games in PC, was that casual ?

It'd be nice if people stopped thinking inside this small box, with casuals/completionists,hardcore etc.

Sly updated the site to fit as well as possible how the site functions and how Sony have added this privacy change.

There is no need to start name-calling or removing users because they use what options were given to them.

I apologize to put gamers into categories. I like the way Sly is adjusting, I am fine with that. 

It will be funny to see what will happen when this feature is included in a PS3 firmware update since Vita users are limited at the moment. Most stats might change dramatically or not. 

Edited by MariDave
  • Like 1

In pretty much the same way he says how many trophies are hidden ...

Just trust the man ^^

Wrong.  There is nothing to prevent the rarity from going up now due to people hiding their games (other than the sample size making the effect less noticeable - but it'll still be there).

Edited by Eternal21

The notion that most "casual gamers" wouldn't bother registering on this site is true. However, anyone can register for you. There's no telling how many "casual gamers" may be in the database here. Also, trophies and "gaming" are the same exact thing. The only difference in playing a game without trophies is that you don't have a permanent indication of what you've accomplished while playing.

Wrong.  There is nothing to prevent the rarity from going up now due to people hiding their games (other than the sample size making the effect less noticeable - but it'll still be there).

Increasing the sample size would only make it easier to counter the increase of rarity of trophies.

Can't there be a way to automatically have loads of PSN's updated into this website? (probably really complicated and/or time consuming to create)

The notion that most "casual gamers" wouldn't bother registering on this site is true. However, anyone can register for you. There's no telling how many "casual gamers" may be in the database here. Also, trophies and "gaming" are the same exact thing. The only difference in playing a game without trophies is that you don't have a permanent indication of what you've accomplished while playing.

My memories are permanent until my brain explodes...rendering my trophies pointless. :P