The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

2 hours ago, sona_11 said:

a quick question, does cousin relationship counts under the category Focus on Family ?

e.g.

Rikku and Yuna from FFX-2

I would think it does, but at the same time it doesn't seem like "strong" family elements and Rikku does what she does because of the friendship they gained on their journey in X, not so much because they are cousins.  However, don't forget that Cid is still around and he's Rikku's dad.  Brother also may well be Rikku's sibling, they sure act like it.  That would be a far better justification than the quickly forgotten cousin relationship between Rikku and Yuna.

X-2 would also be a good choice for update relationship status.  Keep in mind that Yuna starts the journey because she sees a sphere with someone who looks like Tidus and she's definitely in love with Tidus.  Love is a pretty big theme in X-2.  It also would work for get a better job since they are sphere hunters and do indeed do their job throughout the game and get paid for it.  There are also minigames, so it works for find time for yourself.  There are also side quests, so it would work for volunteer more.  You could justify it for make more money too, since there is a trophy related to paying off O'Aka's debt which requires you to raise a bunch of money.  Definitely plenty of choices for a game like X-2 if you feel nuts enough to pull off that plat.

• Like 2

@sona_11 I think FFX-2 will fit perfectly for the focus on family imo.

@ladynadiadDon't forget that Wakka and Lulu...you know...i don't want to spoil anything ?. They aren't main characters in X-2 but i think their side story is strong enough to count for this.

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I would think it does, but at the same time it doesn't seem like "strong" family elements and Rikku does what she does because of the friendship they gained on their journey in X, not so much because they are cousins.  However, don't forget that Cid is still around and he's Rikku's dad.  Brother also may well be Rikku's sibling, they sure act like it.  That would be a far better justification than the quickly forgotten cousin relationship between Rikku and Yuna.

X-2 would also be a good choice for update relationship status.  Keep in mind that Yuna starts the journey because she sees a sphere with someone who looks like Tidus and she's definitely in love with Tidus.  Love is a pretty big theme in X-2.  It also would work for get a better job since they are sphere hunters and do indeed do their job throughout the game and get paid for it.  There are also minigames, so it works for find time for yourself.  There are also side quests, so it would work for volunteer more.  You could justify it for make more money too, since there is a trophy related to paying off O'Aka's debt which requires you to raise a bunch of money.  Definitely plenty of choices for a game like X-2 if you feel nuts enough to pull off that plat.

thanks for the information helped me a lot ?, but is the plat that hard ?

For some reason I didn't thought that this was an event ? 

Anyway, I will join, but have 2 questions:

1st - this is an year long event? 

2nd - can I used something that I plat this year, but before joining? (if not, it's not a big deal, since I will be playing the other 2 Persona Dancing games this year anyway). 

Now, to build my list (while using as much of the games scheduled for the other events...). 

4 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

No it lasts until 31st of March only

Ok, then I can't go all out as I was planning.. 

Well, my revised list is as follows (hopefully I will be able to complete all, without to much of a headache..). 

Lose the Weight -  Our World is Ended 

Focus on Family - Persona 4 Dancing All Night 

Update Relationship Status - Root Latter 

Go to the Gym - Under Night in-birth Late[st] 

Find Time For Yourself -  Final Fantasy VIII 

Get a Better Job - Atelier Meruru

Finish Your Masterpiece - Persona 3 Dancing in the Moonlight (plat last weekend) or Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight (not started yet) 

Volunteer More - Chronus Arc

Do Better in School -  Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight (if P3 DiM is ok for "Finish Your Masterpiece"), if not, not sure ?, I was thinking of Persona 5 The Royals, but because of it's release date is impossible. Scratch that... I recently boosted My Hero Academia: One's Justice, and got sidetracked playing it (likely screwing my chances of clearing 10 games for the "Generic Christmas" event), so, this will be my option if I l'm not allowed to use P3 DiM. 

Make More Money - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Looks like a decent list, to be done in 3 months, with my little time, and also getting FF8 as my 225th milestone in the process! 

Main unknown variables will be the ps3 games (I essentially just need to grind the items and money on GG, but that may mean 10 or 20+ hours.. Not sure how fast I will progress on Atelier either, because I'm not that fast of a player..) as well as Our World is Ended (no clue how long it will take me) 

• Like 1

first (non-)game done...deus ex mankind divided...since no reply from event  organizer(s), added a category for "overcoming an addiction" for fun...this one had a trophy called "winners don't use drugs (or biocells)" which fit nicely...

overall, thought it was a great game...i like that it's possible to do the missions gun blazing, pure stealth, or a combination of both...was kind of intimidated by a hardest difficulty (permadeath) + no alarm (foxiest of the hounds) run but found myself in the zone and blazed through without issue...was kind of like "is that it?" when the trophies dinged...

the dlc for this game was also a lot of fun...some really interesting additional missions...the breach mode stuff was a bit repetitive but pretty enjoyable too...reminded me a bit of the metal gear vr missions...

highly recommend mankind divided (and particularly if you've played human revolution)...solid all around...graphics, voice acting, soundtrack (really liked the ending credits track despite the unskippable credits), gameplay, story, trophy list...easy to get immersed...

next up, arkham night...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

the dlc for this game was also a lot of fun...some really interesting additional missions...the breach mode stuff was a bit repetitive but pretty enjoyable too...reminded me a bit of the metal gear vr missions...

I had kind of been scared off of this game because breach mode was supposed to be horrible. How much time did you have to sink into that mode, out of curiosity?

21 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Sure, that's fine.

Ok, nice! Then, this is my entry (with clean up for easy read lol). 

Lose the Weight -  Our World is Ended 

Focus on Family - Persona 4 Dancing All Night 

Update Relationship Status - Root Latter 

Go to the Gym - Under Night in-birth Late[st] 

Find Time For Yourself -  Final Fantasy VIII 

Get a Better Job - Atelier Meruru

Finish Your Masterpiece - Persona 3 Dancing in the Moonlight :platinum:

Volunteer More - Chronus Arc

Do Better in School -  Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight

Make More Money - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I had kind of been scared off of this game because breach mode was supposed to be horrible. How much time did you have to sink into that mode, out of curiosity?

I did breach first and it was mediocre but not at all like the main game...again, it's like the snake vr missions if you've played them...same kind of mechanics but really different from the story...

my play time is sporadic so no idea of actual time spent...i also spent time doing high score stuff just for kicks...wild guess : could be done in 5-10 hours...

i used a 2nd user on my ps4 and redid stockade 001 over and over unlocking stealth cloaking asap and then stealthing the mission repeatedly in like 10 seconds while spamming my main account time challenges...because I was leveling up due to the high xp earned for stealthing this mission I was earning praxis kits each level quickly...the praxis can be exchanged in the in game store for keys which unlock 4 more challenges per key...meaning I could send another 4 my main account's way each time I leveled up....you can also buy keys for like 10 000 in game currency so I would do that as well...this allowed me to earn keys faster than my challenges ran out...by the time I stopped ranking up and ran out of money, meaning no more keys therefore no more challenges to send, I had sent my main account 55 challenges...all in one day...all I had to do was complete the challenges in 8 seconds-ish (about 30 seconds with results screen, loading) with my main account and reap the 55 victory booster rewards...this allowed me to buy ripper packs worth 200 000 which contain the best loot...this also leveled up my main account a ton with tons of items to use...my recommendation would be to focus on levelling up a battle rifle to the max...you won't need much of the other stuff so most of it can be exchanged for parts...this might seem like gibberish but you'll likely understand if/when you play it...

then it was just a matter of going through all the rest of the levels which don't take too long if you use the stealth cloak combined with the "infinite energy" glitch (check a guide)...energy powers the cloak so basically infinite cloaking...i found the secret server ones the hardest of the group but thankfully there are only 5 or 6 levels to do...the others are pretty repetitive with only a few variations of mission style...not worth skipping the game just for the breach stuff imo...the other stuff is quite good...

Edited by ProfBambam55

50 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I might have finished my first game for this event for the Focus on Family theme.

In Punchline two of the girls are cousins with another cousin being in hospital, who you never see, just phone once.

I'm not quite sure if this is enough but both girls are main characters. I'm also tagging @ladynadiad for some more input.

Yep, that works. They're blood-related so, therefore, family.

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I might have finished my first game for this event for the Focus on Family theme.

In Punchline two of the girls are cousins with another cousin being in hospital, who you never see, just phone once.

I'm not quite sure if this is enough but both girls are main characters. I'm also tagging @ladynadiad for some more input.

There's also Rabura's brother who was why Muhi was involved.  There's also the kids shown in the flashbacks that pretty much were all raised together and I feel that counts as adopted siblings and the stuff that happened to them is a big part of the plot.

Games Goals 2020

Lose the Weight--Accounting +

Focus on Family--The Bunker

Update Relationship Status

Go to the Gym--Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Find Time for Yourself

Get a Better Job

Finish Your Masterpiece

Volunteer More

Do Better in School

Make More Money

Personal Goals 2020 (I thought it would be fun to add some of my personal life goals as well)

Lose the Weight--Start running before work on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Focus on Family--

Update Relationship Status--

Go to the Gym--

Find Time for Yourself--Take three vacations this year. (Scheduled a ski trip Jan. 30th to Feb. 2nd; Disney Feb. 21st to 25th; and Aruba June 20th to the 28th)

Get a Better Job--Improve my work department.

Finish Your Masterpiece--

Volunteer More--Find one more volunteer opportunity in my community

Do Better in School--Research getting my PhD

Make More Money--Earn an increase of 5% of my salary and an increase of 5% of my bonus, or a combination of the two.

Added Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Go to the Gym.

10 hours ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

I just finished my second game for the event (actually i finished Cat Quest 2 too, but i didn't find any category for it besides volunteer more so...).

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons have a very good story even without dialogues, very good atmosphere too that reminds me of ICO. The game does not become repetitive or boring because as you progress, new puzzles and mechanics appear. It's a sad game though:

Focus on Family: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 1f4af.png 

Volunteer More: Cat Quest :platinum:

Brothers is one of my top gaming experiences. My son and I played together, we shared the remote, he was the younger brother and I was the older. Just great game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy this evening and really enjoyed it ^_^  I had played all the other Uncharted games on an old account so the series wasn't unfamiliar to me, this was the only one I'd not gotten around to playing.  It's definitely much shorter and easier than the other games (even on crushing), notably less fire fights too.  I enjoyed playing as Chloe, and I liked the rapport she had with Nadine;  I also thought the scenery was beautiful.  My only real gripe about the game was the villain wasn't as memorable as the other Uncharteds.

I really enjoyed the character development Chloe got. In previous games she would bow out when things got too dicey, but in Lost Legacy she realises that if she does then people will die, and she makes the right choice. I feel it was some well deserved progression for her character.

• Like 1

Just now, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

I really enjoyed the character development Chloe got. In previous games she would bow out when things got too dicey, but in Lost Legacy she realises that if she does then people will die, and she makes the right choice. I feel it was some well deserved progression for her character.

I definitely agree with you there, I'd actually like another game with her as the lead character as it worked out really well I thought.

• Like 1