How long does this platinum take overall?

Hey guys, I already did a playthrough of this game on normal without a guide or anything so there's still a lot of trophies to clear up for me. I'm interested in doing this plat before TLOU 2 releases. My plan is to do an NG+ on easy difficulty to get all collectibles, then afterwards do a NG+ on Grounded so I get all the difficulty trophies with the glitch. Last step will be all MP trophies and the Left Behind DLC on Survivor with all trophies. Does anybody know how long this is going to take? I'll write down my estimates based on stuff I found online, you guys can judge if they are realistic or not.

My estimates:

Easy+ (collectible) playthrough - 12h
Grounded+ (difficulty) playthrough - 20h
Multiplayer - 15h
Left Behind - 2h

Total: 49 hours

Let me know your thoughts.

21 minutes ago, themilkman83 said:

Could use the new game plus glitch and play through a 2nd time on grounded plus and just do the collectibles as well to save some time. They’re all in non combat areas anyway. Otherwise your times seem about right

You're right, but I was wondering if I get enough supplements/gears if I do that though... 

Left Behind is not necessary btw. It's dlc trophies only. Otherwise your calculations seems reasonable to me. But if you go for the collectibles on Grounded as  @themilkman83 said keep in mind that you need to shoot down a few pendants so it's ammo used for non combat. On the other hand i'm halfway through Grounded myself and i hardly shot any enemy as it's way better to do a stealth takedown :D (i'm currently in the sewers)

Multiplayer can be sped up by quitting two matches in a row then playing 1, counts for 3 days of the journey. You’ll only want to quit 2 matches in a row otherwise all your survivors will die. Doing this cuts down multi time a bit though.

• Like 1

With the pendants up in trees you can usually use a brick or bottle to get them down to save ammo.

The New Game Plus glitch/exploit is mentioned a lot on this site. Effectively allowing you to skip playing Grounded Mode twice and go straight into Grounded Plus after the Prologue.

As mentioned above to complete multiplayer in the time you’ve allocated you’d probably need to use the skip game exploit. Also mentioned a lot on this site.

Also I was able to fully upgrade Joel and Weapons by the end of 2nd Playthrough

Edited by themilkman83

I focused on online first, as after it’s psplus release it was very busy again. I’m still yet to even start the main game

i will hopefully make it my plat no 300 fingers crossed 

good luck dude, but from what I’ve read. Easy playthrough will collectibles first and then NG+ on Survivor/grounded seems to be the majority go to 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2020 at 5:00 PM, themilkman83 said:

Could use the new game plus glitch and play through a 2nd time on grounded plus and just do the collectibles as well to save some time. They’re all in non combat areas anyway. Otherwise your times seem about right

That's a good idea. Just remember that there's one pendant where you need to kill a Bloater in order to get. The one in the university dorms. That area is full of clickers too, so be careful.
I didn't play the game on grounded yet, but when I played on Survival+, I had everything collected so I just had to worry about finishing the game

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this thread is rather old but if you guys still want some insight, it took me about 88 hours to platinum the game without using any glitches. If you also account for the Left Behind trophies it would instead be more like 96 hours. So yeah, I'd say that your estimates are perfectly realistic if you use glitches during both the single- and multiplayer.

My times:
Normal - 13 hours
Grounded - 22 hours

Grounded + - 16 hours
Multiplayer - 37 hours

Left Behind (Normal) - 3 hours

Left Behind (Survivor) - 5 hours

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am playing the multiplayer for the trophies and using the trick to play half of the matchs but it still takes forever, maybe its because I dont like multiplayer but damn its annoying as hell.

Its 84 matchs per trophy, 168 total and around 15 minutes per match (12ish per match plus 2~3 to find a game and load in)

Thats like 42 hours without the trick and around 20 with.

Cant wait to be done with it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2020 at 6:02 AM, Blaul_Part said:

That MP estimate sounds low to my recollection. I might have played more than I needed to though. Or maybe it just felt way longer than it was. Dunno - I seem to remember about 30, but it's been awhile.

Yup it's about 30 hours combined for Firefly and Hunter trophies. 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2020 at 8:08 PM, So_B0o5t_ed said:

Yup it's about 30 hours combined for Firefly and Hunter trophies. 

If you use the quitting strategy where you leave 2 games in a row and then collect supplies to get everyone back up to 'healthy' you can do it in <20 hours, even if you aren't good with multiplayer games.

Finished the 100% a few days ago and I reckon it took me around 35'ish hours.

Normal (collectible) playthrough - 12h
Grounded+ (difficulty) playthrough - 4-5h (tried to get through it quickly, using some speedrun strats)

Partial 3rd playthrough - 3h (rushed through grounded too quickly and needed more parts to finish weapon upgrades)
Multiplayer - 15h (used tactical quitting to get it over with as quick as possible)
Left Behind - 2h (went straight for survivor and all collectibles which is not hard at all)

Overall a fantastic single player but didn't enjoy some of the trophy grind (multiplayer) at all. Still happy I played it.

• Like 1