RPG Mania 2020 Edition ( Sign ups closed).

11 minutes ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

I missed putting new game bonus on this one so its 50 points more.

Ok, I will fix it tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Work and life have been hitting me pretty hard this spring so far. I gotta get more points on the board to catch up with ya'all. xD Some pretty nice numbers so far well done everyone.

No worries, I am not putting up huge numbers myself. Maybe after KYC it will look better. Well part of it is Akiba’s Beat is a long slog of story and I only get a few hours a day to work on it. Finally made it to double digit chapters though. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Might need to get some points on the board soon...

You and me both.

I'm working on mine, but it's probably another 2-3 weeks away before I get some points out there.  Which makes me feel a little bad, because there aren't very many of us in this competition who have yet to get on the board.

8 minutes ago, Armored_Oso66 said:

#4 Valkyria Revolution

100 + 68 - 9.90 - 0 + 25 (beast mode) = 183.1

I believe that I qualify for the beast mode bonus since this is my second Valkyria game

I'm pretty sure you would have had to play them back to back according to the example for the beast mode bonus which you kind of played AL in between so I'm not too sure it counts.

So I would like to bring back up Granblue Fantasy Versus for discussion @kingofbattle8174. While it is listed as a fighting game on PSNP it is also listed as a RPG on PST and I can vouch for it that you will spend 85% of the time in the RPG Mode as it feels like a RPG firstly like Dragon's Crown before it is a fighting game. So just wondering what everyone else thinks about it counting and your say on it @kingofbattle8174.

8 hours ago, AlterArchuria said:

I'm pretty sure you would have had to play them back to back according to the example for the beast mode bonus which you kind of played AL in between so I'm not too sure it counts.

So I would like to bring back up Granblue Fantasy Versus for discussion @kingofbattle8174. While it is listed as a fighting game on PSNP it is also listed as a RPG on PST and I can vouch for it that you will spend 85% of the time in the RPG Mode as it feels like a RPG firstly like Dragon's Crown before it is a fighting game. So just wondering what everyone else thinks about it counting and your say on it @kingofbattle8174.

@Armored_Oso66
On the first one, yes it does count it does not have to be back to back.

For the game I will let you know. Not a game I really have knowledge of.

34 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

It looks good to me. I mean it has a mode called RPG mode so that makes it pretty clear.

Thanks! Its one of those weird games that were two genres but only being pushed as a fighter as its selling point but in reality it was more so like the mobile game being more heavily RPG. 

Update:

Granblue Fantasy: Versus

100 + 69 - 23.15 = 145.85 + 50 = 195.85

• Like 2

@kingofbattle8174

Update:

Nioh 

100+70-2-17.07 = 150.93

Had to finish this one up before I started Nioh 2, but I do plan on doing the DLC too. However having to beat NG++ just to finish it is slightly off putting. Awesome game though, fairly challenging at points, especially the dual boss fights. Can’t wait to play Nioh 2.

• Like 3

Danmachi: Infinite Combate

9a76791693d058476a832b8c3d2c431815842822

The game based on Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novel/Anime/Manga series. The story is more or less a recap of the Anime S1 and have only parts of Vol.1 and Vol.4(The Bell part of it at least) of Sword Oratoria. The game was fun and only thing I found bad for me at least was the bad translation as I got tired of reading "shy" then they were "embarrassed" etg.

Let's see, the score is 100 + 28 + 30 + 12 - 29.89 = 140.11

Now back to Mary Skelter 2 to finish it and then take a little RPG break with Resident Evil 0 before doing the last two SAO games before the new one is out.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 3

@kingofbattle8174

Update #2 of the day:

Talisman Digital Edition

100+64-5.26+50(speed run, #3 on list) = 208.74

Worked on this game between Nioh and waiting for Twilight Missions to refresh. Very fun classic style RPG, loved the gameplay. Lots of expansions and characters to play which keeps the game fresh. Only downside was grinding for all the Runestones. It takes longer to grind for that trophy than getting every other trophy in the game. I spent nearly all weekend grinding out XP. I am debating writing a guide for the game since there is very little information about specific trophies online, and there are many that are RNG based, but they can be manipulated. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Danmachi: Infinite Combate

9a76791693d058476a832b8c3d2c431815842822

The game based on Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novel/Anime/Manga series. The story is more or less a recap of the Anime S1 and have only parts of Vol.1 and Vol.4(The Bell part of it at least) of Sword Oratoria. The game was fun and only thing I found bad for me at least was the bad translation as I got tired of reading "shy" then they were "embarrassed" etg.

Let's see, the score is 100 + 28 + 30 + 12 - 29.89 = 140.11

Now back to Mary Skelter 2 to finish it and then take a little RPG break with Resident Evil 0 before doing the last two SAO games before the new one is out.

Do you if this is getting a North American release?