Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

3 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

With the time being cut to less than 2 hours and a nice organised guide being out now I'm gonna guess not long. It was 2.5% when I did it a week ago and it's already 3.2% as of typing this.

Yeahhh, if we hadn't got the time down to what we have, this probably would have remained a little higher. As you really have to do very little work for the Plat now, I can see it going to rare as of next week ?. It was at around 1150 achievers when I first started looking into creating the first families and is now at 1900. 

7 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Awesome job guys. 
I'm making a full video guide that's short and to the point but informative. 
I've recorded all of it just need to do my editing but hope to have it up soon for those that prefer a video guide. Thanks again to everyone and their work will make sure to give a big thanks in the video! :) 
Happy hunting!

That would be brilliant. As long credit is given ;) I have failed in finding my microphone so haven't been able to do a guide with commentary. Will link your video in the guide, just let me know when it's done. Glad you managed to get the Plat.

I'm having trouble with the Rosebud trophy. It will not pop even though I followed the guide. The family only loads in with 20k+ money instead of over 1mil. I even tried with motherlode cheats and nothing will pop for me. Any help would be appreciated. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum.

48 minutes ago, lunateena said:

I'm having trouble with the Rosebud trophy. It will not pop even though I followed the guide. The family only loads in with 20k+ money instead of over 1mil. I even tried with motherlode cheats and nothing will pop for me. Any help would be appreciated. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum.

Are you clicking Merge or Replace? You need to click replace. Worked for me immediately.

It's worth noting that Alphabet Legacy popped before Legacy Player for me, which makes the timestamps seem as though I'm cheating (which, I suppose using the Gallery is technically cheating but I mean the timestamps look like I'm using external programs or hardware to add in trophies)

1 hour ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Are you clicking Merge or Replace? You need to click replace. Worked for me immediately.

It's worth noting that Alphabet Legacy popped before Legacy Player for me, which makes the timestamps seem as though I'm cheating (which, I suppose using the Gallery is technically cheating but I mean the timestamps look like I'm using external programs or hardware to add in trophies)

I have just reported you. Have fun being banned.

Kidding aside, this should not be a problem as I assume this will happen to more and more people getting it this way. I guess it ain't that much different from having Ghost Family (8 ghosts in household) po before Ghostly (have a ghost in your household).

1 hour ago, NZBigC said:

I have just reported you. Have fun being banned.

Kidding aside, this should not be a problem as I assume this will happen to more and more people getting it this way. I guess it ain't that much different from having Ghost Family (8 ghosts in household) po before Ghostly (have a ghost in your household).

Ha ha. I'm not worried about being reported, just thought it was worth mentioning.

17 hours ago, Malachen said:

That would be brilliant. As long credit is given ;) I have failed in finding my microphone so haven't been able to do a guide with commentary. Will link your video in the guide, just let me know when it's done. Glad you managed to get the Plat.

Absolutely will give credit it's thanks to you Malachen, Naomie_Len & NZJoey89 (And others who have contributed their families to the cause!) that we can earn this platinum easier!

A lot of editing to be done, hard working full time with a 2month old as well but I'm staying up a lot this week to get it done. I'll link here when finished it'll be concise as possible to make it as easy as possible for people to follow.

As for the others concerned with flagging, since it's a feature within the game that's allowing the trophies to pop you will not be flagged since it is an in game feature. Sure it's an exploit HOWEVER if there are any people that disagree with obtaining the Platinum this method then I advise they DON'T do it this way lol.

As for the others who love some pixelated metals, I'll be releasing my guide asap! Continue to stay up and get it edited and make sure it's presentable before uploaded.

• Like 3

Definitely won't be getting this game.

Since EA pulled the plug on Maxis the series has gotten progressively worse. I still remember the SimCity (2013) disaster being an absolute joke, played that on Steam and dropped it after a few hours.

If the original Sims could get a remake, I would definitely jump on that. But with EA, no chance.

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

Definitely won't be getting this game.

Since EA pulled the plug on Maxis the series has gotten progressively worse. I still remember the SimCity (2013) disaster being an absolute joke, played that on Steam and dropped it after a few hours.

If the original Sims could get a remake, I would definitely jump on that. But with EA, no chance.

Just dropped by to say I agree and disagree at the same time.

I disagree with reputation of this game being bad, because it's the same addicting experience as The Sims 1 was in early 2000s. Taking off nostalgia goggles, there's a lot of things that has been improved since TS 1, which makes newer games from the series objectively better. Personally, I'm having so much fun with this game by just playing at my own pace and without caring about trophies much.

I agree with EA thing, they pulled an undoubtely dick move by cutting out half of the game and hiding it behind paywall, and this alone was a good reason to ignore this game when it was released. But to be fair, vanilla TS 4 is still a bigger game than original TS. After these 5 years since TS4 release, still omitting this game after being on sale quite a lot of times and because of "EA" trademark can make you potentially miss a good title.

If you are like me and still have good memories about The Sims 1 and would love to play it again, it's definitely worth adding to library while it's still on PS+.

8 hours ago, andropol said:

I have a problem with the community library. After starting the game and clicking the icon in the top right corner the window opens but the tabs for Gallery, Profile and My Library are missing. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? 

Restart the game, it may reappear when you load it again. I just had that issue and restarting the game fixed it. 

2 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

Restart the game, it may reappear when you load it again. I just had that issue and restarting the game fixed it. 

Yup this will do it. The gallery is glitchy, you may have to reload the game for each user you search for.

4 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

1 hour ago, Malachen said:

Yup this will do it. The gallery is glitchy, you may have to reload the game for each user you search for.

Thanks for replying, but restarting didn't help when I had the problem a couple of hours ago. It seems to be working now. This is strange. 

18 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

thanks for guides guys, I can't seem to unlock channel surfer trophy, I followed several guides and no luck, any solution?

Watch every channel slowly don't switch the channels fast,Do the same thing with the radio. 

• Like 2