What do you personally find annoying about the MP?

GilgaMax305

Before I begin, I just want to say that I love the MP. My friends and I party up all the time. However, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for what I'm about to say...

·         MELEE DISTANCE. When someone has a 2x4, modded or not, unless you are point blank in front of your opponent, you should not be able to connect and hit them. My friend calls this the “vortex melee” when someone swings literally ten feet away and connects with an opponent’s head. It’s like the 2x4 has a magnetic pull. This needs to be fixed.

·         NAIL BOMBS MIGRATING and/or DISAPPEARING when planted. When someone crafts a nail bomb to plant by their lock box, it should not roll down the hill or completely disappear entirely. In the case of the former, this can easily be rectified by allowing the bomb to be planted on its bottom. The bottom is, after all, flat like a soda can. And even on its side, one would think it wouldn’t roll with nails sticking out of it. In the case of the latter, this is extremely frustrating when you did all that work of finding items to craft it in the first place, especially when you’re planting bombs around your lock box for defense. This needs to be fixed as well.

·         SPAWN TIMES. Someone told me that in Supply Raid, sometimes you have a quick respawn and other times it’ll be 20 seconds because the game wants everyone to spawn at the same time. That’s fine for Supply Raid which is basically Team Death Match. It’s not, however, okay for Interrogation when fast spawning is essential, especially when playing a good group of opponents. The respawn time should be 7 seconds MAX - not minimum.  Good players can combat enemies that respawn quickly anyway. This is an absolute must that needs to be fixed.

·         SPAWN LOCATIONS. I don’t really play Supply Raid or Survivors anymore because Interrogation is that fun, so I can’t comment on their spawning locations, but in Interrogation, it’s sometimes problematic. There are times when an enemy will literally spawn right in front of you. This gives you the chance to shiv them. You’ll laugh at their misfortune, but I’m sure they’re not.

Once, I was gathering supplies at the red box by the bar on Lakeside when I saw an enemy off to my right, downed him, went back to gathering supplies when an enemy spawned in front of me. I shivved him when the first enemy I downed respawned so I downed him again. Three kills in 30 seconds. I was laughing. I’m sure they weren’t.

·         PARTIES BEING SPLIT UP. There are times when three of my friends and I are partied up and the game finds a match and starts counting down to the match when only two additional people are in the lobby. This forces one of us to get split up and put on the enemy team. On top of that, not 60 seconds after the game starts does another person join and get put on our team.  This is a slap to a party-of-four who wants to play together. The game should not be starting if only two additional people are in-lobby and if it does, it should be 2v4 because within the first minute, someone else will join anyway.

·         BLACK SCREEN. Thanks to this new patch, on more than one occasion, I have encountered a black screen that lasts until the match ends. This happens near the end of games when there’s only a few minutes left, but it’s still frustrating as I am unable to see or do anything, only being able to hear my teammates. I am unsure whether this happens during games of Supply Raid or Survivors, but when it happens during Interrogation, it may cause my team to lose because they will technically be down a player until the match ends. Once, I was even kicked for idling because I couldn’t move.

·         INVISIBLE ENEMIES. This seems to happen in conjunction with the black screen issue. When the black screen happens for someone, someone else encounters invisible enemies that they can’t find and/or kill.

Hate occasional lag (japanese players, I'm looking at you); occasionally being "banned" from the game at the middle of the match; hate to be part of an uneven team while the other team is (surprisingly) full of high level players that will rush everyone in the map. And that's about it. I don't blame those who specialize in certain more "OP" weapons. I think any is deadly as long as you know how to use them.

• 4 months later...

Im not a fan of that white plug image cause it may gives some bad impression on the other players that your just standing still it may go on from seconds to minutes. The Journey trophies are boring but at least it eventually becomes manageable. At first I thought I was never gonna get this trophy until I notice that challenges can be done even to the point you may go overboard. Example Healing teammates 5 was required but healing got too easy that you might go through the second tier easily. Other than that its that white plug image mainly that can get you annoyed

Edited by maurjen

The lack of power in the mm9 pistol. You have 10 shots at spawn. The gun has awful accuracy, and it takes 5 shots to down and 8 shots to kill. Which is rediculous, I'm having so much trouble using this weapon, there has been multiple occasions where my bullets simply didn't hit the target despite being right on the dudes chest. If this gun was actually viable for pistol only load-outs, i would use it none-stop for my stealth build. But now i have to use 4 points for the silent enforcer over the 2 points for the silenced MM9.

I'm a single player mostly and even when i don't love tlous i can appreciate that the mp is great, it's a truly mp section but:

"Success truly relies on working as a team and can very quickly deteriorate when people refuse to work together" as this guy said, that's why i cannot taste it better because i prefer to have my own task in a team, but the thing that really put me away was just finding players 400 level or higher with more armor resistance and almost instakill melee. If you are a really mp gamer i don't see how someone could hate the mp.

People who doesn't work as a team really annoys me sometimes, but in the gameplay I don't really has anything to complain. Matchmaking is sometimes pretty slow, but not as bad as it was before (on PS4).

well if u already have knowing the basic trophy and populace it doesn't matter if you win or lose now. Challenge for the 100% is all that matters afterwards for both journeys

What i find really annoying? Stupid people playing it; every single game i find someone that think he's playing CoD or some other FPS, rushing throughout the map and wasting team's lifes.
Plus, in the majority of cases, there is no cooperation at all; i mean, if i see someone down on the other side of the map, i literally rush trying to save him, literally, when i'm down, even in front of an ally, they pass through and go on or they simply ignore me, waiting for my death, even if there are no enemies...this is so frustrating, it becomes hard to play well with people like this...

Edited by alexandrovic1

What i find really annoying? Stupid people playing it; every single game i find someone that think he's playing CoD or some other FPS, rushing throughout the map and wasting life's team.

Plus, in the majority of cases, there is no cooperation at all; i mean, if i see someone down on the other side of the map, i literally rush trying to save him, literally, when i'm down, even in front of an ally, they pass through and go on or they simply ignore me, waiting for my death, even if there are no enemies...this is so frustrating, it becomes hard to play well with people like this...

for the other side of the map depends. Last time I came to help when their down I get shot. I get what you mean about no cooperation though especially with random s turns out journey trophies can't be used. In addition though white plug can also be the cause if people just stand their alot

well if u already have knowing the basic trophy and populace it doesn't matter if you win or lose now. Challenge for the 100% is all that matters afterwards for both journeys

To me it matters if I win or lose. I don't want to be on the loser side. And I usually try to be the best player in the match meaning I have the most parts collected no matter if my team win or lose.

that's alright if you choose to be in the winning side. Unfortunately not all people see it that way. if theres a 100% risk people tend to prioritise that and not waste it if they go overboard, In addition some people played mp because they have no choice as its required to get the platinum.

This is an easy mp i'll give it that eventually after 1 year of coming back for it (thank goodness that muting everyone option has arrive so I can enjoy the game without people insulting)

This game has one of my favorite mulitplayers because it's very unique and different in a good way, but there are a few minor problems that can and should be fixed. The matchmaking and connectivity is frustrating at times. Sometimes I'll even play a full game by myself and for some reason when I finish it doesn't progress a day. Also, some people don't realize how interrogation works. Unlocking the box too early can hurt everyone, including players on your own team.

without counting the MP trophies it have to be......

before, it was some sort of a lag that most people called it the white plug icon, i don't know maybe it was patched or something as of now it don't happen a lot's like before.

now personally to me, the game don't have a match making system, so you'll be forced to play with people with level that somehow hit 999!!!!! while you're at 20 or 48 it felt like a 3 year old is trying to beat an angry bull with their teddy bear.

oh! and those F*#$%&g nail bombs and Molotov, they're OP!!!

other than that it's actually one of the best if not simply the best MP i ever played, again if you didn't count the MP trophies you don't even have t worry about losing. 

Edited by yellowwindow7