Xbox One only available in 13 Countries at launch.

Artemisthemp

Source - http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-confirmed-markets

Microsoft Xbox One cuts it's launch country down from 21 to 13.

The launch Countries is: 

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • New Zealand

While Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland must wait to 2014.

Guess this means more sales for Sony :)

I think the reason is come from those TV things. They will need more time for marking research is Asia courtiers. For example, most of people in my country don't watch sports, we mostly watch drama-series. So, those TV things is totally useless. Also, those voice command is garbage. We have Thai-English accent which difference from normal English. So, if I want to play xbox, do I have to speak perfect english? even I can but I don't thing other people can.

So all those civilized countries and the Netherlands will have to wait? :o

Just kidding :P But seriously, those are pretty strong markets, I can't see many of the gamers in those countries wait a couple of months to buy an inferior system when the superior PS4 is already available.

Edited by nauburkulosis

A user on a Xbox fan site have ask the Xbox support about Importing a Xbox one and got this answer:

Thank you for your patience! First, the Xbox One should work in Denmark if you buy it from the UK, as long as both countries use the same power outlet. However you will not be able to get online with your account until Xbox One is released in your country.

What this means in short is that user in affected countries won't be able to use a Import Xbox One, since you is require to download a Day 1 update for the Xbox one to work.

A user on a Xbox fan site have ask the Xbox support about Importing a Xbox one and got this answer:

What this means in short is that user in affected countries won't be able to use a Import Xbox One, since you is require to download a Day 1 update for the Xbox one to work.

By the looks of that answer it means they are reducing the number or countries where they will release it not because of shortage of systems to sell, but because of legal issues on those countries, since there's no reason why someone wouldn't be able to go online on their country on a system they import, unless it's because the Terms of Use of the system isn't approved for said country.

Still seams like a bad move, and as we have seen since pre-E3 MS conference, something is really wrong with the system or marketing department.. they haven't been able to incentive anyone to buy it, other then casual non-gamers (and I'm still unsure of this) and Xbox / MS loyalists..

Microsoft don't give a fuck about Asia, just look ad how many exclusive RPG they have from Asia.

I hear that they are releasing it in Japan in 2014. At the same time though, I don't expect a lot of JRPGs on Xbone. Even with the PS3 being much harder to develop for than the 360, they still managed to get more JRPG exclusives on PS3.

original.jpg

Saw it in an ign article comment. I thought it would be nice to share.... 

Still.... feels like microsoft is making a bad move to limit their sales.

Definitely it is, by the time they move to "Tier 2" countries, competition will be there for some time and probably owning the market.

By competition I mean PS4.

Microsoft should hire some business and marketing professionals to handle better with this comercial solutions. They're drowning XboxOne in a mosh pit, and will be difficult to take it out.

But who cares about Microsoft and Xbox anyway?!!!

d4b2479e-8db1-4028-96da-696244294ec6.gif

Don't forget Vita did this as well, releasing first in Japan and then a couple of months later in North America.

It makes a lot of sense as well seeing as most of MS money comes out of the States and Canada why would they send units to Russia (where they may not sell out) when they can send those same units to NA and guarantee they sell with added attachments.

It isn't personal, it is business :)

This all just proves 13 is a bad luck number.. :P

Oh well, all the more sales for PS4 then.  I don't understand MS at the moment, they are kind of fixing it but doing this kind of just wrecks it all again.  The fact they are leaving Japan out and not even getting it to them within 2014 is just a silly choice, they could have had the chance to rise there, but they didn't take it.  It leads me to believe that the console won't have a good lot of Japanese made games, I'm sticking with PS4, PS3 is now the main console for me as past few years it's been getting all these exclusive JRPGs and so on, Xbox 360 used to be the JRPG console, but I guess no longer.