Female gamers face uphill battle against sexist call of duty idiots

drummerklg

Why is it that CoD brings out the worst in people? I'm not talking about the game either, I'm talking about the people who are so intent on acting like every person who likes CoD is some 12 year old virgin who talks trash and degrades everyone else. Does no one else see the irony in the fact that an article about stereotyping women has turned into a thread about stereotyping CoD players? 

As a CoD player myself (and I assure you, I'm not 12 nor a virgin) I find that the trash talkers are few and far between, on the PS3 at least. Yet like a lot of things the vocal minority seems to take the face of the whole game and a lot of other immature gamers act like the whole CoD community is like that. When you have the highest selling game of all time it is to be expected that you'll have some idiots but to claim every player is like that is just as stupid and immature as the idiots that claim women should be in the kitchen and all that crap. 

Parker

• Like 4

I´m a hardcore CoD fan, and every single CoD player, has experienced someday a smart mouth immature asshole during gameplays, sometimes it´s more than one, or even worse, all players are deepshit´s, and you take minutes finding a decent game to play.

I´m not surprised att all with this kind of behavior, the other day we saw a thread showing CoD "fans" reactions to a change in gameplay and weapons characteristics, cursing names and even making serious threats.

Unfortunetaly, this online interactions are not moderated at all and we encounter a lot of children playing the game outside it´s age restrictions. I´m not saying kids can´t play CoD, I really don´t care about it if they´re parents are looking or not, I just think most of them aren´t prepared to experience the ultra-competitive online environment made in any CoD game.

It´s just sad to see thinks like that happening, but girls who likes to play the game shouldn´t give up, endure and make themselves present to make CoD fans a little better.

Okay.. how with my name can you tell I'm a female?

Okay, first I'm not stalking you but it's just a theory. I typed your name into Google and it came up with your psn profile. If the troll uses logic as they can't see your profile without being a member all they have to do is just join up to this site and read your profile. The theory is based on luck but it's creepy how Google has this much info on us.  But other then that  I would not know you're a boy or girl. 

Edited by SirBeardburkulosis

Okay, first I'm not stalking you but it's just a theory. I typed your name into Google and it came up with your psn profile. If the troll uses logic as they can't see your profile without being a member all they have to do is just join up to this site and read your profile. The theory is based on luck but it's creepy how Google has this much info on us.  But other then that  I would not know you're a boy or girl.

Well I would still class something like that as stalking.. so there is really no way for you to know if you just find me online and don't bother doing that stuff.

I didn´t knew you are a girl... why a name that don´t show it?

Well, I been using this name for a while now and don't really feel like changing it, I do say I'm female on my profile.

Well I would still class something like that as stalking.. so there is really no way for you to know if you just find me online and don't bother doing that stuff.

Well, I been using this name for a while now and don't really feel like changing it, I do say I'm female on my profile.

I hope you did not called me a stalker lol. I said "I typed in your name and mine" , why would I stalk myself? Anyway as I said no one would know by default you're a girl.  So you made a pretty smart user name. Also I said the theory is based on luck, it's not flaw-free. 

I hope you did not called me a stalker lol. I said "I typed in your name and mine" , why would I stalk myself? Anyway as I said no one would know by default you're a girl.  So you made a pretty smart user name. Also I said the theory is based on luck, it's not flaw-free.

No I didn't refer to you as a stalker, just meant it would be stalkerish to do that if you met me randomly online in a game lobby or something.

This is why I dont play COD, majority of people on there are so immature and these comments further prove how immature most of them are

So a few comments buy a few idiots means the entire community is full of those same people? So I suppose all gamers are fat, live in their mothers basement and the closest thing to sex they'll get is microwaving a slice of pizza and having their way with it, right? If you're going to generalize the whole CoD community we might as well so the same to the whole gaming community.

Parker

No I didn't refer to you as a stalker, just meant it would be stalkerish to do that if you met me randomly online in a game lobby or something.

Sorry, I must have read the post in the wrong manner. As I was saying this theory is based on luck and even I didn't think it was gonna work.  I hope maybe girl gamers start adopting names like yours as they are unique and badass lol. Even when your profile said you was a female I was thinking that you was playing a prank on us lol.  

Edited by SirBeardburkulosis

So a few comments buy a few idiots means the entire community is full of those same people? So I suppose all gamers are fat, live in their mothers basement and the closest thing to sex they'll get is microwaving a slice of pizza and having their way with it, right? If you're going to generalize the whole CoD community we might as well so the same to the whole gaming community.

Parker

I didnt say everyone I said most people on there. I know people who played COD who are nothing like that but most of the people Ive meet on there are immature so I didnt generalize the whole COD community becuse I clearly said most not all

• Like 1

No thanks :) I think I can understand what goes on in that game from this thread.. even if I did play, people still won't have any way of knowing I'm a girl.

This is why I dont play COD, majority of people on there are so immature and these comments further prove how immature most of them are

Good. Wise decisions.

• Like 1

I didnt say everyone I said most people on there. I know people who played COD who are nothing like that but most of the people Ive meet on there are immature so I didnt generalize the whole COD community becuse I clearly said most not all

Maybe a more appropriate way of saying it would be, in your experience most people with headsets are immature douchebags. Saying most people who play CoD are immature is generalizing the community because millions of people bought the game and less than half (I'd actually be interested in the actual percentage) use a mic and have the ability to express their immaturity. Again, you can't let the vocal minority set the tone for the whole community. 

Parker

Maybe a more appropriate way of saying it would be, in your experience most people with headsets are immature douchebags. Saying most people who play CoD are immature is generalizing the community because millions of people bought the game and less than half (I'd actually be interested in the actual percentage) use a mic and have the ability to express their immaturity. Again, you can't let the vocal minority set the tone for the whole community. 

Parker

Well from my experiences it isnt a miniority and it isnt just people on the mic. I have had many people send me very hateful and immature messages after matches. I played COD for about a year with my roommate and I met more immature people on there daily than I did who werent. So I think a years worth of playing is a good enough sample size for me to say I believe most people on COD are immature  

• Like 1

Well, guys on Gears of War and League of Legends act like this, BUT plenty of them are nice and don't mind what gender you are or genders of characters are put in a game. It bothered me in the beginning but then I just didn't even care and over the years those people have become less and less. The abuse used to be really bad against females though, I can't count the number of times I've ran into guys like this. I've even been threatened with death through messages because of my gender. And sure I am sometimes nervous to talk on games, but I feel like over the past few years it's better. Whoever posted the kitchen photo needs to grow a pair and stop being immature. Kids will be kids though, they'll get over it.

This is why you simply kick their ass in CoD or whatever multiplayer based game you're playing and leave it at that.

• Like 4

This goes on in all popular online games, honestly I can't say I find the CoD community to be any different to say people playing Uncharted, Gears of War etc. From my experience a lot of girls can be just as bad also and can certainly dish it out just as good. Online competitive gaming brings out the worse it some people but as others have said, the mute button is there for a reason.

• Like 1

Who cares? It's COD.

Btw, I like playing as a female character in games.

My sentiments exactly.

ghostfemale.jpg

I don't care if I get labeled a sexist for saying this, but... That was funny. xD

In all seriousness, why is this even news?  This has constantly happened to female gamers of this shit franchise, so why is it at all surprising, let alone newsworthy, if it's going to happen twofold with female character models being added?  Besides, given males sometimes use female avatars...

• Like 2