Female gamers face uphill battle against sexist call of duty idiots

drummerklg

my sister used to play mw2 and was in the top 3 every game.

Could you imagine DOA 5 without female characters ? it would suck

the main point of DOA series is that girls are the hero's, Kasumi  Tena and lee fang are the main characters in the series, i really loved DOA series slightly more then tekken, Kasumi is my favorite fighter in the series also no.1 favorite video game female character.

Discrimination and inequality has pervaded throughout human history. This doesn't make inequality more tolerable, in my opinion, it coincides with human nature of being advantageous at a socioeconomic standpoint. As it is natural to want to exploit, it is also natural to equalize when being at the disadvantage. The exploited will revolt against the empowered to become their equals. As the balance in power changes, so does the exploiter and the exploitee. I am all for gender equality, just not the inclusion of double standards that slip by true equality.

As this day and age is (distastefully) enthusiastic about interconnectedness, it also proves to be misplaced, were people are at conflict between feeling important and being important. (personal level vs global level). Reformations have their heart in the right place but their energies for socioeconomic advances are misplaced. It's like when people disillusion themselves into thinking not shaving their legs and wearing pants as a method of 'symbolically' empowering women, I personally see it as just a facade to satisfy a person's ego for equality by breaking cemented social norms. If you want real change, empower yourself by finding a way to grasp actual power. 

So, ladies don't satisfy them with the reaction they crave to see. If you want to make a statement against the sexism, literally beat them at their own game. But of course that within itself is still petty, self gratification. Well, in a gaming context, I'd say being able to compete, hold your own and win in a male dominated tourney would make the biggest impression in the gaming world. Much more than complaining about how sexists spend their virgin time. 

Sorry if I come across as being too critical, it's all just an opinion, anyways. 

Edited by PhlyPinoy
  • Like 1

Unfortunately this sort of behaviour is fairly common in most FPS games that have multiplayer, not just COD. The COD community stands out, because it has a much larger player base than most other shooters.

Some people will always find a reason to act like pricks. Either because you're better at the game than they are, or not as good, or like in this particular case because of the gender. It's a whole new level of immaturity. I don't recall anything to this extent happening 10 years ago.

It's a shame that scenarios like this, may result in female gamers being put off to try out certain games. I'd suggest, not to allow such childish behaviour interfere with the enjoyment the game could bring though.

Over the years I've seen plenty of sexism in games. I've just learned to tune it out in most cases, doesn't necessarily mean I don't care. Just means that it'd been there for as long as I can recall, I've found myself jumping into the fray to help out female gamers more than once.

Kids will be kids and immature people will go cry or insult you because it makes them feel more "macho". Female gamers are awesome (not all, just ones I know) and I appreciate knowing some awesome female gamers, if they beat me I'll just go with it.

As for the kitchen joke, I thought we exceeded the 1950s, that or I'm living in an alternate reality :lol:

Edited by BSAA_Operative
  • Like 2

Yet again the Call Of Duty community showing the world just how immature they are :/ so what if females play the same games as you and they finally get to play as a character as the same sex as them :P 

SideNote: Pokemon community didn't turn like this after they added female playable characters ;) 

This makes me sick... I hate people that bash female gamers. So what they are female and like to play CoD get the f**k over it. The only reason males do this shit online is cause they already know they will never get a chance to talk to a girl in person and would rather T-bag virtual bodies cause that is the closest thing they will get to sex.

Am I the only person who thinks that the kitchen in the photo is fucking sweet?

I'd love to cook in a kitchen like that.

My thoughts exactly, I wish I had a kitchen like that on home.

On topic: Those kids need a lesson. Too bad I don't CoD, I could make a female char a beat the crap out of everyone. The only mp I'm being that have female avatars are Uncharted and RDR, and I haven't seen any kind of abuse of them. 

But like I always say, everyone has a big mouth online.

• 3 months later...

Why does gender even matter when you're just playing a game online...?

It shouldn't, but people make it an issue because of immaturity. To be honest though a lot of women bring it on themselves and expect to be treated different because they have a vagina. We see threads all the time where a female introduces herself and makes sure to bring up the fact that she is in fact a "female gamer" instead of simply introducing herself as a gamer. 

Parker

I've heard some female gamers on CoD be every bit as crass and foul mouthed as their male counterparts but the bottom line is what ol' Affleck said here

2. Most abuse is due to the anonymity of the internet, if people use real names and details they would not mess around as much as they do. 

Hold people responsible for their actions and they turn into model citizens real f'in fast.

This should be so expected, that nobody should even care anymore. I am used to hearing all the stupid shit talk on CoD, I started back on X-box live! Females should ignore the sexism online the same way a lot of people (including myself) have learned to ignore the racism :/

In any walk of life and in any large group there's always going to be a small percentage that will be idiots. This will be a small percentage of immature fucktards who probably haven't even hit puberty yet. I'm sure most of the guys shouting out the insults have probably never conversed with a female in person before. Honestly I don't see what the big deal is, I mean if there's someone on there you don't like listening to do then mute the fuckers.....that's what it's there for. Shame in the real world we can't walk around muting every dickhead we don't like.....life would be so much better and a lot quieter. 

• Like 1