How hard is the multiplayer to get all trophies

Taliesin_2943

maybe there is some sort of double xp boost permanantly on then. i started the mp first the moment this game hit game pass. and according to ta.com my timestamp for winning a MP match was 20 Aug 18 at 21:31 and my timestamp for earning cyberdemonic armor was 22 Sep 18 at 17:59 generally I did 1 level in the sp and then 1 prestige, then 1 level then another prestige.

I used the high powered pistol whenever the grenade shot for the pulse rifle was unavailiable, and baiscally just used the pulse alt fire to fire a blinding shot and finish them off with whatever. after learning the demon rune locations i always managed to get plenty of kills with the spectre every match, i'd say a good 15 just with the spectre as it could non stop charge through lines of enemies. i generally did ok.

but there was no double exp or anything like that at all. and my overall completion 100% was 193 hr. i played about 5 hr of MP a day.

2 minutes ago, Elk_mistral said:

Like he said he was playing on a XBOX so the game is probably harder on xbox...

i'm from the uk, and so considering xbox is predominantly us there was a bit more lag then i was used to, but other then not liking the xbox controller more then ps4 i wouldn't say it was harder.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Currently I have my sights on just getting the demon kills from the dlc out of the way I think I have 2 demons left to get kills for but I never seem to get the demon rune I can be sitting on it and someone will just run up and they get it instead. Then there's the whole when I do get to become a demon I get 1 shot and lose it which is weird cause I unload on the same demons when opponents have it and it takes forever I think my copy is just broken cause I'm constantly 1 shot killed but I can unload on others and maybe get 1 kill every 10 matches

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2020 at 7:04 PM, talespagni said:

Post removed per request 

This.

I just finished all of them and there wasn't one that was a "standout difficult" trophy. You can get three instantly by equipping a taunt from each of the DLC's on to your directional pad. Jump in the multiplayer game and do all three in the first 20 seconds or so. 

There's only one that is sorta kinda but not really a grind. It's putting on the CyberDemon armor at echelon 10 lvl 13. It really doesn't take all that long though like someone else says.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed quote

21 hours ago, Tyxoune said:

Can you guys just confirm that the DLC are now free of charge ?

I did platinum the game back in 2016 but never really got into the MP.

Now I see that there are potentially 21 trophies for me to grab with a bit of grinding !!

Yes, Tyxoune...everything is free. I think they did that at or before the release of Eternal. 100 percent confirmed.

(Didn't see other responses)

Edited by Shua_J
Didn't see other responses. Old window open.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I did this at launch. All emote/gear achievements were automatic upon the DLC launching, you just had to equip it, and each pack took 1-3 hours to re-gain your 100%. The 6.66 update was the worst thing DOOM ever did. Feel sorry for people playing it after, as it didn't even really do anything to make the game better.

Went back to this today to see if I could pick up some of the trophies and managed to get quite a few. Surprised to see the multiplayer as active as it is for it's age. Demon kills ones are going to be a pain but there's one game mode in the team game playlist that has a demon player on each side that swaps sides when killed. Seem to get to play as one more often in that mode when it rolls about.

Don't know if I'll keep playing long enough the robotic/cyberdemonic parts. That's going to be a grind.even with the increased xp noost.

1 hour ago, talespagni said:

I disagree, the game was not as bad as you said.

Plus, the grind was relatively short, enjoyable, and all content was free.

DOOM is absolutely amazing. 2016 GOTY. However, the MP wasn't its strength in my humble opinion and I meant more that with 6.66 it reset everyone to zero and put previously very easy achievements behind illogical prestige walls. Appreciate it isn't a brutal grind but it added a significant amount of hours for equiping taunts and armour.

Edited by PhantomFear94

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that doing the MP trophies after Update 6.66 works the same on the other platforms, as I done all the DLC MP achievements on Steam after Update 6.66. I even thought to reach max rank on the platform, wasn't I bored. Anyhow, you get a ton of XP as it is so playing normally with some decent skill and consistently good matches should take 20-25 hours of game time to get the last MP DLC trophy, which is "Beauty is Pain" for most people. The MP is still active on the PS4, but it might depend on when you play since late at night in the CST time zone has very few people playing.

Since "Computing with Style" and "Beauty is Pain" are usually the last two trophies people get in the multiplayer, use the Bounty rune and complete challenges to help get XP faster. The Bounty rune gives you an extra 100XP for every kill you get and an extra 75XP for every assist you get. This not only net you a ton of XP for getting large amount of kills on most game modes, especially objective ones, but it makes assists just as valuable as getting kills in order to get more XP. As for completing challenges, switch up your loadouts often and play different game modes as new challenges unlock with each Echelon level (this game's prestige mode), so it's more opportunities to earn XP

No difference in getting XP or what to do with each platform, it's all the same. I won't go for max rank on the PS4 version of this game, just getting the last trophy should be enough.

Edited by erickt123

On 3/22/2020 at 11:46 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Im asking because I've never played these games before and haven't had much experience with multiplayer of this type so I'm basically a noob at it how hard would getting all the trophies for 100% be since I lack any real skill starting out and about how long would it take to do everything

I suck at deathmatch MP and generally hate it too, but found this fairly enjoyable and easy.  Yes, there are 400 levels to gain, but I was getting 1-3 levels every match.  With focused gameplay on this MP, it took me 5 or 6 days only.  I set a goal to get 50 levels minimum per day, but I did a couple days where I got 100 levels for the day.  Very, very doable compared to a lot of deathmatch MP out there that I won't even touch the game due to its MP!

16 minutes ago, smiegelfleegel said:

I suck at deathmatch MP and generally hate it too, but found this fairly enjoyable and easy.  Yes, there are 400 levels to gain, but I was getting 1-3 levels every match.  With focused gameplay on this MP, it took me 5 or 6 days only.  I set a goal to get 50 levels minimum per day, but I did a couple days where I got 100 levels for the day.  Very, very doable compared to a lot of deathmatch MP out there that I won't even touch the game due to its MP!

Currently my big woory is getting the kills as specific demons I rarely ever get the demon spawn thing and when I do I'm almost instantly killed before I can get the kills and to make matters worse my internet sucks so it's hard enough getting into matches and staying in them I wish I could just boost the demon kills real fast so I can do like u said and focus on gaining levels

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Currently my big woory is getting the kills as specific demons I rarely ever get the demon spawn thing and when I do I'm almost instantly killed before I can get the kills and to make matters worse my internet sucks so it's hard enough getting into matches and staying in them I wish I could just boost the demon kills real fast so I can do like u said and focus on gaining levels

Aside from getting lucky with the spawns in other multiplayer modes, Soul Harvest is probably the best way to go. There's always a demon active on one team or the other and, when it's killed, the rune becomes available only to the other side for a little while. Found I was being the demon a lot more in that mode, which made getting the kills a lot easier. Even if you're not the one who deals the final blow, you can pick up the rune

Issue I'm having at the moment is finding a full enough game. A lot of the time, I'll either load into a lobby that has me and another player endlessly waiting OR it'll go into the match and it'll be against a team of maxed out players who are wiping the floor with my team. The only trophies I've got left to do are for wearing the robotic and cyberdemonic parts so that involves a lot of leveling up. Whilst Doom is quite generous with the XP distribution, it's still a heck of a grind - a grind made easier when the teams are fairly balanced.

It's a little disheartening to finally load into a game to find that your team is currently on 14 and the enemy is on 187.

9 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

Aside from getting lucky with the spawns in other multiplayer modes, Soul Harvest is probably the best way to go. There's always a demon active on one team or the other and, when it's killed, the rune becomes available only to the other side for a little while. Found I was being the demon a lot more in that mode, which made getting the kills a lot easier. Even if you're not the one who deals the final blow, you can pick up the rune

Issue I'm having at the moment is finding a full enough game. A lot of the time, I'll either load into a lobby that has me and another player endlessly waiting OR it'll go into the match and it'll be against a team of maxed out players who are wiping the floor with my team. The only trophies I've got left to do are for wearing the robotic and cyberdemonic parts so that involves a lot of leveling up. Whilst Doom is quite generous with the XP distribution, it's still a heck of a grind - a grind made easier when the teams are fairly balanced.

It's a little disheartening to finally load into a game to find that your team is currently on 14 and the enemy is on 187.

What's really disheartening for me and like no one acknowledges is somehow everyone can nearly 1 hit me or my team but I have to be super lucky and unload a clip and a half into an opponent to kill just 1 opponent and we are using the same weapons it's just like they walk up bullet sponging then bang there's my life bar gone 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

What's really disheartening for me and like no one acknowledges is somehow everyone can nearly 1 hit me or my team but I have to be super lucky and unload a clip and a half into an opponent to kill just 1 opponent and we are using the same weapons it's just like they walk up bullet sponging then bang there's my life bar gone 

Armor is really important and knowing how to use your weapon is also important. I didn't pick up armor at first and the same happened to me, now it's less frequent. I really hate the mines though... SO ANNOYING!

Edited by omnx-supak

36 minutes ago, omnx-supak said:

Armor is really important and knowing how to use your weapon is also important. I didn't pick up armor at first and the same happened to me, now it's less frequent. I really hate the mines though... SO ANNOYING!

I do pick up armour they just blast right on through it like tissue 

• Like 1

I started the MP today. In about 4 hours I got to Tier 1 - Level 2 and I got 14/18 of the online DLC trophies. Although I got most of the specific demon trophies today, I hate it when I would die instantly after killing an enemy demon and one of my teammates would get the demon spawn instead.

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 1

Yeah, the demon rune/super weapon pickups seem just a little bit wonky. There's been times when I've been standing on a rune as it has spawned and I didn't become the demon only for a teammate to run in and get it a second later. Thought that might be due to me being on the spawn and not counting going over it but then I've seen players stood on the rune who've instantly become the demon. Same with the BFG and other pickups.

That being said, for all the faults with the multiplayer mode, I'll take it over Eternals Battlemode. Never found asymmetrical multiplayer games overly enjoyable and this game feel more rewarding. XP is gained for pretty much anything and unlocks are plentiful. Yes, they don't amount to much with it sometimes being a new pattern for a gun I don't use but it's something. More variety in the matches and it's at a faster pace.

Only have one trophy left to get in the entire game (that being the cyber-demonic armour one) so I'm sticking through this. At most, I've got to do 200 levels more and at least, it's 100 and then do a challenge. I'd say that's doable. Not like there's much else going on.

Got 3 online trophies left, Bowling for Gibs :silver:, Computing with Style :silver: & Beauty is Pain :silver: (Currently Echelon 1 - Level 26). Played about 10 matches last night and I didn't get to be a demon once. I was at the demon spawn point three times, and all three times someone got it over me that just came at the very last second. I also instantly died four times after killing a demon. Very frustrating to not even get one opportunity. 

Edit: (12/01/2012)

Currently Echelon 2 - Level 5. Luckily I got Bowling for Gibs :silver: off my first game of the day with 2 seconds left in the match. All that's left is the grind.

Edit: (12/12/2020)

Got Computing with Style :silver: today. Currently Echelon 5 - Level 19 (14 hours of playtime).

Edit: (01/02/2021)

Just got Beauty is Pain :silver: . Took me 22 hours and 38 minutes to get all the online trophies.

Edited by FallenRyan

I got the platinum for this game back in 2016 and didn't really play any multiplayer back then once I got the online trophies

When I learned that the DLC went free and the trophies were fairly easy I decided to try it.

It took me about 3 weeks to earn Beauty is Pain :silver: and I was only playing on week ends - all the other trophies just came along the way.

I really didn't enjoy the multiplayer because as @Taliesin_2943 explained I was also basically getting one shot (or what felt like it) even with 100 armor and health while I was barely hurting anyone.

I'm really not a great competitive multiplayer gamer on console due to the controller; and I only managed about 187 ppm by the end of my grind.

In TDM I was really poor usually getting 5k - 7k XP, but I was quite good in SECTOR and DOMINATION with 18k - 20k points per game.

Just keep grinding and you'll get through :) - using the BOUNTY rune definitely helps.

Edited by Tyxoune