Am i that bad?

lesk8vaincra

Hi everyone!

So, i finished my normal playthrough some days ago, and began a ng+ in apocalyptic, in order to get that trophy.

I tried to do it legit first, but quickly realised if would take too much effort to finish, so i decided to use the duplication glitch in order to be faster.

So, i'm now at level 289 (120-ish in health, 120-ish in strength, and 50-ish in "arcane" or whatever it is called in english, i play in french :)).

The problem is... i really, really, have an hard time beating some of the ennemies and bosses in this mode!

I'm currently trying to defeat Lust, but even with my maxed-out character, i always die, in like 2 hits! I defeat the first phase without a lot of problem, but when usiel joins the fight... Honestly, i'm getting f*cked up!

I tried to use lots of chaos rune in order to regain health, used a lot of health potions, but i'm always dying...

My weapon is level 10, my armor is level 9, my character is level 289, i use a lot of items and even with that... I have the feeling that this game cheats one me oO.

to be honest, i consider myself to be a pretty decent player in lots of game genre, but this game really gives me a hard time. I getting 2-3 shots by simple mobs. So yeah, i can avoid most of the hits, but i always end up dying.

Is there something i'm missing?

Should i begin the game again in apocalyptic (no NG+, as it seems to be harder)?

40 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I did apocalyptic on ng+ without any type of glitch and had zero issues with the game. Honestly on ng+ the game felt like easy mode. So Sorry to tell you but yes you must not be very good at the game if you are struggling that bad especially if you are like level 200+

What i don't understand is that even with a huge amount of level in "health", i'm getting 3-hit killed by any random mob :/.

I could understand being bad in some sort of games (racing games, ...) but hack n slash and beat'em all are usually quite easy for me :/. Here, i have the impression that nothing really enhance my character. I was around lvl 60 when finishing my first playthrough and began the ng+ apocalyptic at that level. I did the first two bosses without too much trouble, then had the impression of a difficulty spike. I then used the duplication glitch and earned 200+ levels, which really seem barely noticeable :/

Edited by lesk8vaincra

I've beaten NG+ on Apocalyptic without getting past level 120, so it's definitely doable. Try to focus on dodge damage with the fire blades. They carried me through the whole game!

Once you get the hang of dodging, Apocalyptic becomes a cake walk, but don't feel bad about dying. I've counted hundreds of bullshit deaths, but as long as you keep a Dark Souls mindset...learn from your mistakes and keep trying, you'll beat it in no time!

1 hour ago, sk_lp_him said:

The point is to do it legit way. When I finished my NG+ on Apocalyptic my Fury was lvl 105 without glitches and the game was completely normal.

Legit or not is out of the question here. If i wanted, i could totally farm a lot of ennemies, and level up. It would of course take more time, but the result would be the same.

if what you say was true, leveling up would be totally pointless, which is the reason i don't believe it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Hi everyone!

So, i finished my normal playthrough some days ago, and began a ng+ in apocalyptic, in order to get that trophy.

I tried to do it legit first, but quickly realised if would take too much effort to finish, so i decided to use the duplication glitch in order to be faster.

So, i'm now at level 289 (120-ish in health, 120-ish in strength, and 50-ish in "arcane" or whatever it is called in english, i play in french :)).

The problem is... i really, really, have an hard time beating some of the ennemies and bosses in this mode!

I'm currently trying to defeat Lust, but even with my maxed-out character, i always die, in like 2 hits! I defeat the first phase without a lot of problem, but when usiel joins the fight... Honestly, i'm getting f*cked up!

I tried to use lots of chaos rune in order to regain health, used a lot of health potions, but i'm always dying...

My weapon is level 10, my armor is level 9, my character is level 289, i use a lot of items and even with that... I have the feeling that this game cheats one me oO.

to be honest, i consider myself to be a pretty decent player in lots of game genre, but this game really gives me a hard time. I getting 2-3 shots by simple mobs. So yeah, i can avoid most of the hits, but i always end up dying.

Is there something i'm missing?

Should i begin the game again in apocalyptic (no NG+, as it seems to be harder)

I was playing the game using the duplication glitch, used the glitch just to level up my character, and i ended up breaking the game, just like you. For some reason, when you use this glitch, enemies get a health and attack boost, simply because they scale with your level, there's many topics on Forums and reddit talking about this, and there's no way to fix it. If you don't have a backup save before using this glitch, start all over again, the game is unplayable is this state. 

Edited by Phantochi

If you have enough souls (you should have if you use the duplication glitch) you should buy those wrath shards( The ones that replenish your chaos meter.) You are not vulnerable in chaosform. So just use those at difficult points in the game. If during a boss fight you see your meter is almost depleted, back away from the boss and use another item to replenish your wrath meter.
The wrath items do get more expensive with every purchase. But hey you can dupe items to sell for souls

9 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Legit or not is out of the question here. If i wanted, i could totally farm a lot of ennemies, and level up. It would of course take more time, but the result would be the same.

If you haven't noticed, there is soft cap for leveling up and you start to get very low stat boost past level 30 or so for every stat. Just like in Dark Souls, which this game wanted to be for some reason. So, your hundred points in health only got you maybe 30% more hp than 30 points in health. But at the same time enemies scaling skyrocketed, because on level 200+ you are supposed to have weapons +20 and upgraded crucible/abyssal armor(which you don't even own, apparently) an so on, while you can only get to +13 on NG+.

It's best to just start anew on apocalyptic. Or suffer your way through using consumables.

Edited by Akrioz

So i finally finished the game, i decided to reset the level and focus more on arcane, which looks like the way to go.

Before doing that, i uninstalled the game, started apocalyptic in the game version 1.00 (i own the disc copy).

Then, i updated again and continued my save on NG+ (which i, of course, could not use on version 1.00), and it looks like some things within the game were "reset":

- before downgrading/updating, i had already bought lots of Chaos rune, which resulted in an increased price. But after the upgrade, the price went down to the original 1000 souls.

- i already had upgraded 3 of my enhancement.  I upgraded 3 more after downgrade/upgrade. Normally, when upgrading 5 enhancement, i should have got a trophy. But it did not pop. So i had to get more enhancement, and upgrade a total of 8 to make the trophy pop. The upgraded enhancement counter seems to also have been reset.

The game also seemed easier, but i don't know if its because i used more level to upgrade my arcane or not?

whatever, just got the plat. This game sur is broken in lots of ways :D

Edited by lesk8vaincra

• 1 month later...

Apparently no one on here reads forums. The reason that the lust battle is so god damn hard, is because the bonelands since the last patch have glitched for some players. Simply going for trophies I played my first playthrough on story, and when I arrived in that area, the monsters started 3 shotting, at level 300, on story difficulty. No, this is not because of 'level scaling' as the rest of the game I was 1-2 tapping every other enemy, it's because the developers noted that the game is bugged in that area currently, and that the level is scaled to an insane level for no reason, and they have no intention of fixing it. Basically if I hadn't glitched the games dupping system, I would not have been able to clear that area without doing a literal perfect run without getting hit by any enemy or boss attack. Game is fun, but holy shit a bug that makes 1 boss a God is not enjoyable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowWalsh said:

Simply going for trophies I played my first playthrough on story, and when I arrived in that area, the monsters started 3 shotting, at level 300, on story difficulty. 

But you have to have done something to reach lv. 300. It is impossible to get to lv. 300 on your first playthrough without doing some sort of glitch, no?. If you play the game without using exploits, you should be fine in that area... Or am I misreading what you wrote?

On 5/14/2020 at 2:16 AM, Arcesius said:

But you have to have done something to reach lv. 300. It is impossible to get to lv. 300 on your first playthrough without doing some sort of glitch, no?. If you play the game without using exploits, you should be fine in that area... Or am I misreading what you wrote?

Oh I've done that section with the glitch and without, doesn't make a difference, the level in that area is bugged (for some people) and scaled for some reason, I'm talking first playthrough story difficulty, I was getting 2-3 shotted by basic enemies, and when I went through on Apocalyptic with Armageddon mode they were hitting me for the exact same amount, maybe slightly stronger, just that area is bugged. The area right after that, Depths I think? I was 1-2 hitting max every enemy again, and in bonelands it was taking like 15-20, assuming it was my level the entire game would be that difficult, not just one area of it.

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2020 at 3:09 AM, ShadowWalsh said:

Oh I've done that section with the glitch and without, doesn't make a difference, the level in that area is bugged (for some people) and scaled for some reason, I'm talking first playthrough story difficulty, I was getting 2-3 shotted by basic enemies, and when I went through on Apocalyptic with Armageddon mode they were hitting me for the exact same amount, maybe slightly stronger, just that area is bugged. The area right after that, Depths I think? I was 1-2 hitting max every enemy again, and in bonelands it was taking like 15-20, assuming it was my level the entire game would be that difficult, not just one area of it.

I mean I think the area is supposed to be quite difficult upon entering. 2-3 shotting on your first playthrough sounds about fair considering it's probably the 3rd or 4th area you come across. Doesn't sound like a bug or a glitch but an intended difficulty level. Nothing was too hard really, especially once you realise the necromancer is spawning the enemies and you can take him out permanently. This game has its bugs and glitches but honestly I wouldn't throw them onto the combat or gameplay. I found it was more to do with the level loading and getting stuck behind walls type of glitches. If this game ran perfectly, with no loading and a steady framerate I think it would actually be a real contender against games like God of War, Dark Souls (maybe not DMC) just based on level design, combat and enemy variety. As it stands though those frame drops really bring it down and I really can't excuse the horrible loading times, mainly while running through areas.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wouldn't consider anyone playing this game for fun and struggling with it to be a bad player at all. This game's mechanic of scaling enemies with you is extremely stupid in my opinion. To anyone wishing to get the apocalyptic difficulty trophy, I'd just use the version 1 speed run glitch. Even if you have the digital version you can get the v1 from PSN using this guide:

How to get 1.00 Digital Games. - PlayStation 4 - PSNProfiles

Edited by rude__dude

3 hours ago, rude__dude said:

I really wouldn't consider anyone playing this game for fun and struggling with it to be a bad player at all. This game's mechanic of scaling enemies with you is extremely stupid in my opinion. To anyone wishing to get the apocalyptic difficulty trophy, I'd just use the version 1 speed run glitch. Even if you have the digital version you can get the v1 from PSN using this guide:

I have fun atm and its easy too. I first played at normal difficulty, then the dlcs (here you get good armors) and then ng+ at apocalyptic. I just dont go higher as lvl 60.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 8:23 PM, rude__dude said:

The enemies level are fixed.

Spoiler

Only Avarice and Sloth scale to your level.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:40 PM, sk_lp_him said:

Because the enemies scale with you. So instead of making it easier your glitching made it harder.

Just what he says my friend.... you just make it harder for you, I end that playtrought on level 75 and it wasn't that hard.

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, lesk8vaincra said:

wow is that true? It does not make any sense oO

Enemies do not scale with you. Boneyard can get bugged. I was able to kill avarice in one Havoc on NG+. As soon as I got to Boneyard I had to pop havoc for basic mobs to not die. 

Its a well known bug. Dont think you can fix it without restarting but as soon as you get pased Boneyard it's gone. 

On 8/4/2020 at 2:45 AM, NordicSaiyan said:

Just what he says my friend.... you just make it harder for you, I end that playtrought on level 75 and it wasn't that hard.

Except its a bug not enemy scaling...

Edited by X_UntoldTruth_X