Solution for online issues

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

The fix I found for the freezing issue, is to make sure you're signed out before starting the game then load the disc and let it auto sign-in to PSN when you click on the MP menu :).

Thanks a lot! I've been told by a player that it also helps if you start game and keeps kicking you out of a game in 5-10 minutes. I will quote you in topic.

I can confirm NAT1 is the definitive solution for joining online with a coop partner. From what I have experienced this is exacltly the same issue of Battlefield bad company 2 Onslaught dlc. Infact I can always join with my alt/alts because they are on the same network of my main but I never can join with others players. I managed to play coop only when finally I found an host NAT1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/04/2020 at 6:10 PM, Cpt_v0kA said:

But the real question here is, if my connection is NAT 2, how can I change it to NAT 1 without breaking the router in half?

You will have to configure your router to "Bridge Mode", this will allow you to directly authenticate your ISP username and password using the PS3's "PPPoE" option, obtaining the NAT 1 connection.

• Like 1

On 03.07.2020 at 2:04 PM, CesarMFM said:

You will have to configure your router to "Bridge Mode", this will allow you to directly authenticate your ISP username and password using the PS3's "PPPoE" option, obtaining the NAT 1 connection.

It will not work if ISP doesn't use PPPoE. And nobody but you will use Internet connection if you do this BUT it will give you NAT1.

• 1 month later...

I did not port forward, DMZ, nor do I have NAT 1, yet I self boosted no problem. 

First i tested my connection on two alts, and I was getting the blank name glitch.

When I switched one alt to my main acc, that glitch fixed itself. 

The only issue I had after that was failing to connect to EA servers, please make an acc error. Trying to reconnect once or twice fixed that. 

Edited by Reinachii-

• 5 months later...

So, as i'm testing this out, here a few notes so far.

I don't have NAT 1, but i was still able to connect my 2 PS3s in the same match. 

But i still ran into some trouble.

I started out with not doing anything. Booted the games up, loaded up my main and my alt.

Alt got online without the console freezing, but my main froze as soon as i tried to connect online. Rebooted, logged off, launched the game, launched MP and was able to connect.

After that, i created a co-op with my main, invited my alt. Although i could see both accounts on my main screen, my alt screen only showed my main, and since i couldn't see my alt, i couldn't checkmark to start the match.

So, i switched around, had my alt invite my main. I ran into the same problem, i couldn't see my main on my alt screen but i could see my alt on my main screen.

I was able to launch the game but, the problem was my alt screen showed that it was loading whereas my main screen was pitch black.

Did some troubleshooting, tried putting my alt on DMZ and ran into the same trouble. 

Tried it again this morning, but still, the same problem. 

Then i read this:

On 30/08/2020 at 3:41 PM, Reinachii- said:

I did not port forward, DMZ, nor do I have NAT 1, yet I self boosted no problem. 

First i tested my connection on two alts, and I was getting the blank name glitch.

The only issue I had after that was failing to connect to EA servers, please make an acc error. Trying to reconnect once or twice fixed that. 

Since the alt i was using was registered in a different country (don't know if this affects it or not) i decided to use my girlfriends main account (that's actually the main on my 2nd PS3).

I was able to connect to co-op, see both usernames on both screens and start a match. I will update this if i get to the point of earning the co-op trophies.

EDIT: Yep, it works. I got 1 co-op trophy so far.

Edited by juniordrfanatic

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 0:04 PM, PostalDudeRus said:

(I tested with me as host with NAT 1 and my partner used DMZ, connection was perfect)

Thanks for posting this thread (and that method in particular)! I've recently played the online / co-op with my best friend and that worked perfectly well for us. It was quick to set up, and the game always connected us very quickly with no issues while playing bar a couple of disconnections due to the "out of sync" error. I had a ton of fun playing the co-op again! ^_^

• Like 2

I came to giving this a run on this account. Took a few attempts to register with me EA Account, but once done, the online won't work at all. I can't ready up when I join my boosting partners session and when we try an Unranked match with invite, my console gets locked in the loading screens. the only thing that is curious is that when I switch to my old account on the same console, it works absolutely perfect..

Edited by Bionic-Spencer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Firstly I'd like to thank @PostalDudeRus for laying out everything and thank you to anyone else who helped out with the guide here, my co-op partner and I managed to get the campaign trophies with no hassle.

But I do have a question regarding the versus mode, I know those trophies could be done solo but I'd rather boost them if possible. Even though we managed to join with no issues to the co-op campaign we couldn't find each other for the versus matches.
We tried timing and quick joining at the same time, each one of us tried to create a match/custom match and the other join but still nothing. Are we missing something or are we just unlucky?

4 hours ago, PhoenixIKN said:

Firstly I'd like to thank @PostalDudeRus for laying out everything and thank you to anyone else who helped out with the guide here, my co-op partner and I managed to get the campaign trophies with no hassle.

But I do have a question regarding the versus mode, I know those trophies could be done solo but I'd rather boost them if possible. Even though we managed to join with no issues to the co-op campaign we couldn't find each other for the versus matches.
We tried timing and quick joining at the same time, each one of us tried to create a match/custom match and the other join but still nothing. Are we missing something or are we just unlucky?

You are welcome!
I have this guide explaining how to get every non-coop boostable online trophy here.

And yes, if you played coop without problems it's just you being unlucky, I've never had issues with ranked/non-ranked games. Try to do it later or just vs AI :) those are pretty easy trophies tbh.

• 2 months later...

On 7.4.2020 at 1:28 AM, HuntingFever said:

The fix I found for the freezing issue, is to make sure you're signed out before starting the game then load the disc and let it auto sign-in to PSN when you click on the MP menu :).

doesn´t work for me

On 12.4.2020 at 2:56 AM, PostalDudeRus said:

Your options is DMZ or Port Forwarding. NAT1 is connection without router.

also doesn´t work for me, it has zero affect to use DMZ/Port forwarding.

I am using FRITZ!Box 7530 and there you can just use for ONE device the EXPOSED HOST what should be the same like DMZ. But means i could just set for the other device the Port Forwarding.
Since we are living now in 2021 means ipv4 will be more and more rare. For me in germany means that, its not possible to use NAT1 because the router already connects via PPPoE and if you want to do it with a second device it will not work because nearly each ISP just allow now single session like mine! a few years ago it was not so. there it was possible to use multiple session. idk if this is in other countries other. So it is for me and my friend not possible to use NAt1 then....

On 18.2.2021 at 7:39 AM, juniordrfanatic said:

I was able to connect to co-op, see both usernames on both screens and start a match. I will update this if i get to the point of earning the co-op trophies.

On 30.8.2020 at 4:41 PM, Reinachii- said:

if i do that nothing change. i have still the blank when i join the game. it was not possible for me and a friend to play it online, we could connect to EA easily and host/join games but we couldn´t start them. If we use skyrmish and there the fast search option the game will start after 10seconds automatically. if we do that we get both just a loading screen and nothing happen then anymore. we must quit the game via XMB and then the playstation just get a crash and restart.

so i bought the game twice and tried it in the same network via LAN. i could really easily connect to EA and host/join allows each game but still i couldn´t see any names or press the X-button to start it. the person who joins couldn´t see neither the host name nor his own name but the host see always both names! i have also tried in my own network to use DMZ/port forwarding, but it has also no effect!

So i found today another person to try it online. After alot " "Unable to connect, search for another game" errors we could join the game from the other person, still i couldn´t press X-Button but this time i could see the name from the other person. and when he joined my game, he could just see his but not mine,  but he could press X-Button, what means his connection should be working fine. He was just using over WIFI NAT2 normal settings, so i was wondering why he can do it but i am not... he is from other country...but problem was then, we could start the game but either he or me got loading freeze or once my game started but he got instantly disconnected from the game, also not a single solution(except NAT1) from above helped to get it running finally....

Currently i have no plan how i should get running it. I invested already alot of hours to try to get that working and any help would be really nice...

P.S.: i was already so frustrated that i tried to contact EA itself . But the person who talked with me was just searching the database for 0815 things: finally i got the same infos that i should use DMZ/Port Forwarding, update the playstation, should check if i use ipv4 or ipv6(some products doesn´t work with it correctly), set playstation to factory setting, check if i got internetconnection and so on....

Edited by luxitu

1 hour ago, luxitu said:

Since we are living now in 2021 means ipv4 will be more and more rare. For me in germany means that, its not possible to use NAT1 because the router already connects via PPPoE and if you want to do it with a second device it will not work because nearly each ISP just allow now single session like mine! a few years ago it was not so. there it was possible to use multiple session. idk if this is in other countries other. So it is for me and my friend not possible to use NAt1 then....

You mean your ISP wouldn't allow you to connect w/ PPPoE using your PS3 device? Ask them how you can get to NAT1 connection.

My ISP offering cheap payed service for NAT1 connection, like 5$ per month.

And don't forget about port forwarding, I used MikroTik router and setup firewall correctly for game to reach servers

5 hours ago, PostalDudeRus said:

You mean your ISP wouldn't allow you to connect w/ PPPoE using your PS3 device?

It allows only one connection through PPPoE and the router already use this connection, so the ps3 would be already a second connection via PPPoE

My ISP offering cheap payed service for NAT1 connection, like 5$ per month.

the internet is from my roommate so this would be not an option....also not sure if i could do something like this

And don't forget about port forwarding, I used MikroTik router and setup firewall correctly for game to reach servers

thats what i have configured in my router, i set all what you wrote in your topic + some extra from a cnc website, if its wrong, something missing, just tell me what i have to do it, to make it correct:

setup79kcd.png

Edited by luxitu

On 30.07.2021 at 4:45 PM, luxitu said:

It allows only one connection through PPPoE and the router already use this connection, so the ps3 would be already a second connection via PPPoE

I'll check your settings later, but can you disconnect ISP cable from router like for a few hours? Maybe your roommate fine with this? :)

1 hour ago, PostalDudeRus said:

I'll check your settings later, but can you disconnect ISP cable from router like for a few hours? Maybe your roommate fine with this? :)

I can do that, but not sure what is your plan?^^