Rune_Crys

STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

582 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

 

GAAAAAAASP.

 

OK, no big. I'll just drop TWD: Season 2 from the event and replace it with TWD: A New Frontier (under #WATCH), since that one does have a platinum. I guess Degrees of Separation has to go too. Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement for #WORKOUT.

 

Ahhh yeah, I should really have checked these things when I set up the lists >_< There's probably other people like that

I deleted Degrees of Separation from your list so it doesn't accidentally go down as a swap later. But I kept in the bonus points for TWD Season 2, since you earned them anyway. And I can add in bonus points for Degrees of Separation too when you complete it? :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#COOKWITHME: Marenian Tavern Story (Ultra) (0%)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Akiba's Beat :platinum:
#CRAFTWITHME: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Ultra) (11%)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Hero Must Die Again :platinum:
#READWITHME: Death Mark (Ultra) :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ultra) (0%)
#GETREADYWITHME: Tales of Symphonia (Ultra) (7%)
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (Ultra) :platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter :platinum:
#BONDWITHME: Nier (Ultra) (84%)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Dark Cloud (0%)
#FIGHTWITHME: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Ultra) (0%)
#TRAVELWITHME: TBA
#GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra) (0%)

 

Made some great progress in Nier and have wrapped up everything but the last ending (and the speedrun trophy for the boss unique to ending C and D), the stupid gardening trophy and the speedrun of the whole game.  Since the last ending also wipes your saves, have to make sure I finish up everything else first except the speedrun of the whole game since that has to be done from a new file anyhow.  Problem is, I'm a bit stuck in having to wait for the silly flowers to grow and to actually get the white one I need for the trophy.  So I'm kind of stuck waiting on this one since I'm not willing to set the clock ahead.

 

So I went and played Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter in the meantime and already wrapped that one up.  Really not wanting to start something long or swap to another game on PS3, so not really sure what to do next.  Maybe I'll just play Valiant Hearts: The Great War and knock that out as a bonus title since it's a non-plat and would work for Learn just fine with it taking place during WWI and all the historical items and facts being trophies and all.

 

@Kristycism - as far as VN recs, most of the ones on PSN are Otome games with a spin of mystery so expect romances in them.  The Code: Realize series is great, you'll want to start with Guardian of Rebirth (or Bouquet of Rainbows which has that and Future Blessings).  Code: Realize takes place in a steampunk version of London and features famous literary characters such as Arsene Lupin, Victor Frankenstein, Van Helsing, etc. as romanceable characters plus a solid mystery plot to unravel.  London Detective Mysteria is also a good one in a similar vein of having famous literary characters to romance, but instead of the actual characters its their sons and it's regular Victorian period London.  I also would highly recommend both Psychedelica games.  You'd want to play Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly first and then Ashen Hawk.  Black Butterfly starts off with a group of people who wake up in a strange mansion and have no memories and they have to figure out a way out of the mansion along with regaining their memories.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

 

Ahhh yeah, I should really have checked these things when I set up the lists >_< There's probably other people like that

I deleted Degrees of Separation from your list so it doesn't accidentally go down as a swap later. But I kept in the bonus points for TWD Season 2, since you earned them anyway. And I can add in bonus points for Degrees of Separation too when you complete it? :)

 

Now you got me thinking I'll do a platinum game AND a 100% game for every category. Mwaha. Mwahaha. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

TWENTY-EIGHT GAMES.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kristycism said:

According to the first post, 100%s don't count as category completions and only count as bonus games, I think? @Rune_Crys can you clarify?

Checking, I recall having a sort of a point system in place. If you want to earn the Platinum Badge, you have to have games with platinums in them, but if you don't care about that, you can sub in a non-plat game and try to go for the Titanium Badge instead. You'll get half the points(only 5) but you can do as many non-plats as you want to bump up the score for the Titanium Badge. If you want to use that game for a category, I won't stop you, you just won't get a certain badge and have to work on more games to get your score up. *shrugs* I know games which have only bronze, silver and gold trophies get looked over by trophy hunters but they do have a place in a trophy cabinet and they don't give you free platinum trophies, you have to earn 100% to get them counted. If the game is fun, then it doesn't matter if it has a platinum or not.

 

If you want to do The Walking Dead Season 2, that's fine, Cass. I won't put a gun to your head and order you to platinum Just Dance or something like that, your list is your business. ;)

 

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

OK, no big. I'll just drop TWD: Season 2 from the event and replace it with TWD: A New Frontier (under #WATCH), since that one does have a platinum. I guess Degrees of Separation has to go too. Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement for #WORKOUT.

 

Oh, you found a good game for the list. You don't have to drop any non-platinum games. As I said before, they will give you points and I allow three non-plats for each category. It'll help you get to the Electrum Badge level faster. ^_^

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Now you got me thinking I'll do a platinum game AND a 100% game for every category. Mwaha. Mwahaha. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

TWENTY-EIGHT GAMES.

:o I think we've created a monster. :(:P

 

Will get back to my list. I'm actually working on other games(like Dark Cloud 1) to get up to #110. I will get back to the games I listed soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 more completed for me thanks :)

 

#CookWithMe   : Persona 5 Royal

 

Not what I expected and not the best JRPG I have played but it was fine. More of a visual novel with light gameplay than anything else. Story was good but the whole game had way to much bloat. In hindsight I shouldn't have played on Safety Mode it makes the little combat that is in the game trivial and meaningless. I think I would have probably preferred this game as a Visual novel. Still I am glad I played it but it is definitely not on the level of a Dragon Quest 11 and a far cry from the perfection attained by Final Fantasy 14 (technically a MMO but then Royal is technically a RPG)

 

#Dance With Me : Persona 4 : Dancing All Night

 

This completes all the Persona Dancing games for me. Having played this game 7 times across the stacks it has been a wonderful experience. The story is great and the rhythm game fun, fair and great selection of tunes. Sure it is easier than any other Japanese rhythm game but that doesn't hold it back. Minimal grind at the end too. A great series worth playing even if you have no interest in the Persona mainline games,

 

 

 

 

Edited by AffectatiousDonk
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

as far as VN recs, most of the ones on PSN are Otome games with a spin of mystery so expect romances in them.  The Code: Realize series is great, you'll want to start with Guardian of Rebirth (or Bouquet of Rainbows which has that and Future Blessings).  Code: Realize takes place in a steampunk version of London and features famous literary characters such as Arsene Lupin, Victor Frankenstein, Van Helsing, etc. as romanceable characters plus a solid mystery plot to unravel.  London Detective Mysteria is also a good one in a similar vein of having famous literary characters to romance, but instead of the actual characters its their sons and it's regular Victorian period London.  I also would highly recommend both Psychedelica games.  You'd want to play Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly first and then Ashen Hawk.  Black Butterfly starts off with a group of people who wake up in a strange mansion and have no memories and they have to figure out a way out of the mansion along with regaining their memories.

 

Thank you so much! ^_^ Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly sounds right up my alley! I'll definitely check that one out! And so does Code: Realize! And I'd heard good things about London Detective Mysteria before too! I really appreciate the suggestions, thanks! <3

 

 

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

 

Now you got me thinking I'll do a platinum game AND a 100% game for every category. Mwaha. Mwahaha. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

TWENTY-EIGHT GAMES.

 

Well, at least there's no time limit for this event xD

But now you've got me thinking maybe I should do the same. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!? xD

Edited by Kristycism
Why have quotes been so weird lately?
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

Oh, you found a good game for the list. You don't have to drop any non-platinum games. As I said before, they will give you points and I allow three non-plats for each category. It'll help you get to the Electrum Badge level faster. ^_^

 

FIFTY-SIX GAMES.

 

I don't even think I could find that many non-platinum games I'd want to play. But I think I'm going to try to do maybe 7 ultra challenges, 7 regular challenges, and 7 non-platinum games, for an even 21 (or 245 points).

 

Question! Does DLC from a game you've already obtained the platinum for count as a non-platinum game? For example, if you've finished Half-Genie Hero but none of the three DLC packs, can you use those DLC packs to fulfill the requirements for one of the categories?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Thank you so much! ^_^ Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly sounds right up my alley! I'll definitely check that one out! And so does Code: Realize! And I'd heard good things about London Detective Mysteria before too! I really appreciate the suggestions, thanks! <3

 

You're welcome!  Truly, of the VNs I've played on PSN, I've enjoyed most of them.  About the only ones I'd say to not bother with are Amnesia: Memories and Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus.  Everything else has something to enjoy.  The ones I mentioned were just the best of the best mostly.  Still have a good chunk of newer ones to play though.

 

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

don't even think I could find that many non-platinum games I'd want to play. But I think I'm going to try to do maybe 7 ultra challenges, 7 regular challenges, and 7 non-platinum games, for an even 21 (or 245 points).

 

Seriously, there just aren't many non-plats made any more.  I almost wonder though if we could do more than one plat and a second could at least count as a bonus.  So like I got the plat in Fifty Words by POWGI, could I also count that one for another five points even if it's a plat game?

 

Probably will do Valiant Hearts: The Great War for a bonus by the end of the event though.  It's nice and short and would be a good game to knock off the backlog

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Seriously, there just aren't many non-plats made any more.  I almost wonder though if we could do more than one plat and a second could at least count as a bonus.  So like I got the plat in Fifty Words by POWGI, could I also count that one for another five points even if it's a plat game?

 

Here's my suggestion... Each category has the potential for 25 points. You get 10 points for completing the regular challenge, 20 for the ultra challenge, and 5 for every non-platinum game. @Rune_Crys had said he'd allow up to three non-platinum games per category, so you could get up to 15 points that way. If you complete two platinums for one category and neither is an ultra challenge, you get 20 points. If you complete two platinums for one category and one is an ultra challenge, you would cap out at 25 points. Personally, I'd allow DLC to be substituted for a non-platinum game, so somebody who wants to play Marvel's Spider-Man for #GETREADY would get 20 points for the platinum, plus 5 points for completing the DLC.

 

That would give this event a total of 350 possible points (14 categories * 25 points per category), but there are a ton of different ways you could get there. You also only need 200 for the highest ranking badge, so anything beyond that would just be for people looking for a challenge.

 

What do you guys think?

Edited by Cassylvania
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Stared Nier Automata yesterday.

 

That was a great first level :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Question! Does DLC from a game you've already obtained the platinum for count as a non-platinum game? For example, if you've finished Half-Genie Hero but none of the three DLC packs, can you use those DLC packs to fulfill the requirements for one of the categories?

I never thought about DLC(I don't like to think about DLC trophies xD) but I'll try to update the OP with a rule about that. I guess if you want to torture yourself... I mean do the extra mile to get 100% of a game's trophies with the DLC, then I can throw you a bone. Since the DLC is part of a game, I like to lump the whole thing together but if a DLC fits one of the categories, then I can go with that.

 

*chicken scratches*

 

Okay, Cass, here you go - yes, the DLC pack counts as "non-platinum" for a category, even if the game does not or if you have platinumed the game before-hand. For example, if there was a beach category, then your example with Half-Genie Hero doesn't qualify, but the Costume Pack does because one of the costumes is Shantae in a beach outfit. However, all of the trophies should qualify for the theme, so the Costume pack doesn't because there are three costume modes - Officer and Ninja - so it wouldn't be consistent. But usually most DLC packs will have all of its trophies qualify for a category. Just want to throw a bone to anyone who goes for the extra difficulty of the DLC trophies in a game. ;)

 

(Also, about all of the bone phrases, I am not a dog person, I am a cat person. My parents and little sister, however, own four dogs amongst themselves. I am the only person who has a cat. :P)

 

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Here's my suggestion... Each category has the potential for 25 points. You get 10 points for completing the regular challenge, 20 for the ultra challenge, and 5 for every non-platinum game. @Rune_Crys had said he'd allow up to three non-platinum games per category, so you could get up to 15 points that way. If you complete two platinums for one category and neither is an ultra challenge, you get 20 points. If you complete two platinums for one category and one is an ultra challenge, you would cap out at 25 points. Personally, I'd allow DLC to be substituted for a non-platinum game, so somebody who wants to play Marvel's Spider-Man for #GETREADY would get 20 points for the platinum, plus 5 points for completing the DLC.

 

That would give this event a total of 350 possible points (14 categories * 25 points per category), but there are a ton of different ways you could get there. You also only need 200 for the highest ranking badge, so anything beyond that would just be for people looking for a challenge.

 

What do you guys think?

 

Okay yeah, I really didn't think too much about capping points, but I'll try to work in your suggestion. *sighs and goes back to the chicken scratches* :(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

Okay yeah, I really didn't think too much about capping points, but I'll try to work in your suggestion. *sighs and goes back to the chicken scratches* :(

 

I wouldn't change it unless a lot of people show an interest. I was just confused on what was meant by "bonus" games.

 

At any rate, I'm really considering Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! for #COOK. I just can't imagine that game playing well on console. Has anybody tried it? Is it even remotely possible?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game three done. FF7 Remake has great combat but was 18 chapter when it only really needed to be about 13. Still I had fun, and hard mode was a challenge but a fun one. Can't wait for more.

 

#COOKWITHME - VA-11 HALL-A PS4

#DANCEWITHME - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 

#CRAFTWITHME - The Evil Within 2 

#HANGOUTWITHME - Jeopardy PS3 

#READWITHME - Death Mark PS4 :platinum:

#LEARNWITHME - X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged 

#GETREADYWITHME - Final Fantasy 7 Remake :platinum:

#SOLVEWITHME - Thimbleweed Park 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Erica :platinum:

#BONDWITHME - LEGO Jurassic Park PS4

#WORKOUTWITHME - No Heroes Allowed VR

#FIGHTWITHME - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

#TRAVELWITHME - L.A. Noire PS4

#GAMEWITHME - Wasteland 2

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

 

I wouldn't change it unless a lot of people show an interest. I was just confused on what was meant by "bonus" games.

 

At any rate, I'm really considering Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! for #COOK. I just can't imagine that game playing well on console. Has anybody tried it? Is it even remotely possible?

 

I have played a little and the controls are just ok, but it could just be me. I played a game like that on the WII and had a hard time. Could never get all my food to come out at the same time. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't updated since the start of the month but I got another 2 games finished! Probably going to go back to chipping away at Persona 5 Royal since I took a little break from it to platinum Far Cry 4

 

#COOKWITHME: Dead Hungry (Game about cooking for zombies:platinum: (Also the second faster achiever for it, nice!)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Game about dancing:platinum:
#CRAFTWITHME: The Surge 2 (Gotta Craft 'em All Trophy)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Multiple trophies requiring at least 1 other person)
#READWITHME: Root Letter (Finding the Truth! Trophy) They're called routes in the game but are still achieving all endings :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4 (Fully Loaded Trophy:platinum:
#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Dressed to the Nines Trophy)
#SOLVEWITHME: Waking Violet (Puzzle Game:platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica (FMV Game)
#BONDWITHME: Persona 5: Dancing Star Night (You can play as the twins which are related)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Arizona Sunshine (VR Game:platinum: (I also 100% the DLC, not sure if that qualifies for bonus points or not)
#FIGHTWITHME: Yakuza Kiwami (Combat is Fighting)
#TRAVELWITHME: Persona 5 Royal (You explore quite a bit of Tokyo during you free time)
#GAMEWITHME: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Currently 4.08% on PSNProfiles)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I am astonished that I managed to Platinum FFX-2. I had been holding off on the mystery dungeon sidegame for a while now but using the tips on these forums I built up a superoverpowered Dark Knight and breezed through it. This is definitely a tough plat though: the crazy number of missables during the main game to get 100% plus the relatively long mystery dungeon definitely makes this one of my harder ones.

 

For the leaderboard, FFX-2 should fit the Ultra Challenge requirements (it currently says it does not) with the Sphere Hunter trophy (Obtain all Dresspheres, which are this game's version of costumes/jobs). Not sure what's next, but happy with the progress so far!

 

#COOKWITHME: Final Fantasy 15 (U)

#DANCESINGWITHME: Final Fantasy 8

#CRAFTWITHME: Dragon Quest Builders (Vita) (U)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Moving Out

#READWITHME: Detroit: Become Human (U)

#LEARNWITHME: Secret of Mana (Vita) (U) :platinum:

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy X-2 (U) :platinum:

#SOLVEWITHME: Return of the Obra Dinn (U)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: The Walking Dead: The Final Season :platinum:

#BONDWITHME: God of War (2018) (U)

#WORKOUTWITHME: Captain America: Super Soldier

#FIGHTWITHME: Final Fantasy Type-0

#TRAVELWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 (U)

#GAMEWITHME: God of War III (PS3)

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine by me, sundrew. Congrats on that hard platinum. Maybe I should a page from the creator of Dark Souls and try to chip away at something harder.

 

Right now, I'm done Dark Cloud 2's predecessor so I am trying to get psyched for the inevitable Dark Cloud 2 playthrough. Actually got into Dark Cloud from Dark Cloud 2, but Medalhead is going to be a pain in the keister. You need of Final Bombs to get all of those Item only medals and if you don't get all of those medals in Chapter 7 before you beat the final boss, you're S.O.L. as that dungeon vanishes at Chapter 8.

 

Need to take a nap now. My gym is opening up again so I have to go back to exercise tomorrow. Having not exercised in two months, this will be painful. :(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 2

BSODieG.jpg

 

Persona 4 is a story that begins when our teenage hero arrives in Inaba, a town whose only claim to fame is the large department store Junes, where he is moving in with his cop uncle and adorable cousin for a year for seemingly no explained reason what so ever (I think they mention that maybe his parents are busy with work? idk?). The trip takes a turn when a home town girl in an affair with a major politician turns up dead, followed by the girl who discovered her body. The main character and his group of high school friends find themselves at the center of the case, tracking the killer and discovering a weird power to travel inside a TV.

 

Persona 4 splits most of its time between a life simulator for the high school hero, developing relationships, social skills, reading, fishing, you name it, and a rpg dungeon crawler utilizing randomly generated dungeons and battling shadow monsters with the eponymous personas.  The former is really where the game shines, though the latter is pretty good too.  

 

I could nitpick it I'm sure, but this is probably not the place.   On the whole, a really solid game and definitely in the recommended category.  Another one is checked off. 

 

Here's a rundown of what's left.

 

~TC

 

#COOKWITHME: Persona 4 Golden   :platinum:

 

#DANCESINGWITHME: Superbeat Xonic

 

#CRAFTWITHME: The Last of Us: Remastered (Relevant Trophy: Let’s Gear Up)  

 

#HANGOUTWITHME: N++ (Relevant Trophies: Good Times, Rocket Murder Time, , Co-operation makes it happen)     :platinum:

 

 

#READWITHME: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Relevant Trophy: Don’t Forget your Towel)

 

#LEARNWITHME: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (Relevant Trophy: Feel the Force)

 

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy VII Remake

 

#SOLVEWITHME: The Witness

 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Everybody’s Golf (8/10 PSNProfiles)

 

#BONDWITHME: Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel

 

#WORKOUTWITHME: Rez Infinite (VR)

 

#FIGHTWITHME: J Star Victory Vs+

 

#TRAVELWITHME: Ni No Kuni

 

#GAMEWITHME: Tetris Effect

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Weekly update:

First game completed: Word wheel by Powgii:

Was always going to be the easiest game on my list to complete so figured might as well get the ball rolling. I like word games so reasonably enjoyable, would recommend if you like puzzle games.

6.2/10

 

#COOKWITHME: Overcooked 2. 0/55 trophies.

#DANCESINGWITHME: Grand theft auto: San Andreas  1/33 trophies.

#CRAFTWITHME: The last of us 0/50 trophies.

#HANGOUTWITHME: Tom Clancy's the division 2 9/43 trophies. +3

#READWITHME: I Have now found a game for this category: Root Letter. Not played a game like this before so should be interesting. 0/27 trophies.

#LEARNWITHME: Horizon zero dawn. 0/56 trophies.

#GETREADYWITHME: Marvel's Spiderman. 1/51 trophies. Might also complete extras 0/74 trophies. +1

#SOLVEWITHME: Word wheel by Powgi. 33/33 trophies. +32

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: I really have no idea, sports games are not my thing, but it seems stupid to just have one theme without the ultra. I suppose it depends if I can get the ultra's on the other games if not I will have a few options if I do I may need to through my game list and see what I can be bothered with.

#BONDWITHME: The Sims 4. 5/51 trophies.

#WORKOUTWITHME: Skyrim VR. 19/76 trophies. 

#FIGHTWITHME: Sleeping dogs definitive edition. 0/60 trophies.

#TRAVELWITHME L.A Noire 1/63 trophies.

#GAMEWITHME: Cities: Skylines 1/37 for main trophies or 1/104 for all trophies.

 

Total: 70/635 trophies.

 

 Red: Didn't work on this game this week.

Orange: Played this week but still got things to do.

Green: Completed.

 

Notes from this week:

I did only have half a week to play and I was finishing up 1-2 games that couldn't fit into the list, but I am happy so far. Still enjoying Division 2 though only got 3 trophies so this may take a while.

I started Spiderman; not my usual type of game but nice to try something new, lot of moves to get down I'm better with just simple hit until they die but I like collecting in game so that aspect is enjoyable.

Next trophy's to complete will most likely be Spiderman, I'm hoping to finish it this week.

 

Quote

Nah, I like Cities: Skylines. Just keep in mind the DLC is overpriced and has some really awful trophies.

Thank you for the encouragement, I only have base game at the minute and would finish that first. Will wait for dlc to be on sale, I have heard some are good but some aren't.

Edited by clairelifelistjo
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so just an update to keep me engaged.

 

Finished all the dlc for Spiderman ( I know it's not counted for this but since I bought it and not the main game it was nagging at me).  

 

I'm one disk in to FF9.  My favorite of the psone titles and not a bad romp so far.  Honestly, the worst part has been getting the ragtime mouse to spawn but since I can hold off on it I'm waiting till later to wrap it up.  Otherwise I haven't minded following guides for the missables, been a lot of fun.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two more games down. Finished up Jeopardy finally after 50 games. Also Had fun going through Va-11 HALL-A on a second platform.

 

#COOKWITHME - VA-11 HALL-A PS4 :platinum:

#DANCEWITHME - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 

#CRAFTWITHME - The Evil Within 2 

#HANGOUTWITHME - Jeopardy PS3 :platinum:

#READWITHME - Death Mark PS4 :platinum:

#LEARNWITHME - X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged 

#GETREADYWITHME - Final Fantasy 7 Remake :platinum:

#SOLVEWITHME - Thimbleweed Park 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Erica :platinum:

#BONDWITHME - LEGO Jurassic Park PS4

#WORKOUTWITHME - No Heroes Allowed VR

#FIGHTWITHME - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

#TRAVELWITHME - L.A. Noire PS4

#GAMEWITHME - Wasteland 2

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Together_Comic said:

Update 2

BSODieG.jpg

 

Persona 4 is a story that begins when our teenage hero arrives in Inaba, a town whose only claim to fame is the large department store Junes, where he is moving in with his cop uncle and adorable cousin for a year for seemingly no explained reason what so ever (I think they mention that maybe his parents are busy with work? idk?).

 

Congrats on the plat! I enjoyed this game on the Vita(due to the fact you can speed through cutscenes) and loved the characters. (My favorite was Naoto Shirogane because of how she looks like a boy and is a detective.) The only thing that kept me from getting 100% was that Risette trophy, but then again I am not good at patience. Might look into going back to this game. Great job! ^_^

 

Unfortunately, I don't think Persona 5 Royal will hold the same charm. :(

5 hours ago, clairelifelistjo said:

#READWITHME: I Have now found a game for this category: Root Letter. Not played a game like this before so should be interesting. 0/27 trophies.

Did the platinum of this game on an older account. It has some really scary endings but for a visual novel it's really nifty. Highly recommend it. You will probably need a guide for the special mini-game but it seems like the only thing that decides what ending you get is how you answer each of the letters at the beginning of each chapter. The other things are for the story. :)

5 hours ago, clairelifelistjo said:

Thank you for the encouragement, I only have base game at the minute and would finish that first. Will wait for dlc to be on sale, I have heard some are good but some aren't.

DLC trophies are optional but if you want to get 100%, yeah, wait for a sale. I can't believe any game would be cheaper than all of its DLC. :|

5 hours ago, willythom88 said:

I'm one disk in to FF9.  My favorite of the psone titles and not a bad romp so far.  Honestly, the worst part has been getting the ragtime mouse to spawn but since I can hold off on it I'm waiting till later to wrap it up.  Otherwise I haven't minded following guides for the missables, been a lot of fun.

Wow, I was expecting you to say that the worst part was the jump rope trophy. I've heard horror stories about this Up to 11 clone of Super Mario Odyssey's Metro Kingdom moon. I know there is a way to manilpulate your controller so that Vivi always makes perfect jumps but 1000 perfect jumps... ouch! That's the only reason I didn't bother with this game.

Edited by Rune_Crys
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2020 at 11:28 PM, Upendo_Vitani said:

Cooking - Kingdom Hearts 3 (Ultra Challenge)

Dancing - Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Ultra Challenge)

Crafting - Bioshock (PS4) (Ultra Challenge) :platinum:

Hangout - Wreckfest (Ultra Challenge) :platinum:

Read - Danganronpa 2 (Ultra Challenge)

Learn - Assassin's Creed Origins (Alternative {Ultra Challenge?})

Get Ready - Akiba's Trip (Ultra Challenge)

Solve - LA Noire (Alternative {Ultra Challenge?})

Stay Home and Watch - Jurassic World Evolution :platinum:

Bond - Family Guy Back to the Multiverse (Ultra Challenge)

Workout - Persona 5 Royal 

Fight - Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls :platinum:

Travel - Lego Marvel's Avengers (Ultra Challenge)

Game - Alice Madness Returns 

Got the platinum in Diablo 3. I will go back to the dlc another time because I remember my bf had trouble with it and I'm a bit Diablo'ed out right now after all of those bounties. No idea what's next.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

Did the platinum of this game on an older account. It has some really scary endings but for a visual novel it's really nifty. Highly recommend it. You will probably need a guide for the special mini-game but it seems like the only thing that decides what ending you get is how you answer each of the letters at the beginning of each chapter. The other things are for the story. :)

Thank you for the help and recommendation. I was unsure of the game but it was the only one I could find that I could afford, so its good to read someone else enjoyed it.

 

10 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

DLC trophies are optional but if you want to get 100%, yeah, wait for a sale. I can't believe any game would be cheaper than all of its DLC. :|

Lol, my first game of choice is the sims on Pc, so |I suppose I am used to expensive extras. I have been playing since sims 2 and the "base" games would come to about £120 for the 3. Just the expansions with out stuff or game packs would be over £600... Now you are making me question my life choices lol. You don't notice so much when you buy them one at a time.

But yes will concentrate on the base first then it depends on if the dlc comes on sale.

 

Well done @DoctorDrPepper and @Upendo_Vitani for finishing games, keep going!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, clairelifelistjo said:

Lol, my first game of choice is the sims on Pc, so |I suppose I am used to expensive extras. I have been playing since sims 2 and the "base" games would come to about £120 for the 3. Just the expansions with out stuff or game packs would be over £600... Now you are making me question my life choices lol. You don't notice so much when you buy them one at a time.

But yes will concentrate on the base first then it depends on if the dlc comes on sale.

 

PC definitely has some real issues with expansions and DLCs that add trophies that cost a fortune.  There's one game I play on Steam that has a free base game and a ton of DLC achievements.  It has 108 DLCs now and currently it would cost over $600 to get all of them (though there are bundles that can help save you a bit of money).  On top of that, the dev loves adding achievements for new DLCs before the DLCs are released, so more often than not the game's 100% is unobtainable.  It's got over 1800 achievements now.  I only have 845 of them.

 

And also with Root Letter, to get a particular ending you want to always pick the same numbered choice.  So if you pick the first choice in the first chapter, you want to pick the first choice in the next and keep doing that.  The trophy guide for it gives a good walkthrough on the choices to pick and generally getting through the game with minimal to no spoilers though.  VN trophy guides are usually great about that, but not so great about giving accurate estimates for how long it takes to get the plat if you want to read and enjoy the story.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now