ARH65512

Best save spots for your Inferno S rank.

16 posts in this topic

This is of course my opinion but I looked at the guide and I disagree. I prefer to do the HARD parts RIGHT AFTER rather than before with the exception of the final bosses. So here's my save spots. 
 

 

1. After the intro, when you first encounter the item and see the typewriter, because the intro is hard since you're only giving 5 bullets of pistol which isn't enough to kill a zombie on that difficulty. There's 2 zombies in your way that can easily fuck you over and 2 hits from them without healing or defense coins is death.

2. When you first get into the sewers after escaping Nemesis since even on that difficulty. He can be a pain because his movements is fast and he can easily hit you enough in a few hits.

3. When you first control Carlos and get to the police station since that's another time after you escape from Nemesis in which he has the RL.
4. Right before the final boss. 'Nuff said.

So yeah, I used 4 saves. I probably could've used another but the game between saves 3 and 4 were a breeze. Maybe you can use another save spot after the 2nd to final boss. 

Edited by ARH65512
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ARH65512 said:

This is of course my opinion but I looked at the guide and I disagree. I prefer to do the HARD parts RIGHT AFTER rather than before with the exception of the final bosses. So here's my save spots. 
 

 

1. After the intro, when you first encounter the item and see the typewriter, because the intro is hard since you're only giving 5 bullets of pistol which isn't enough to kill a zombie on that difficulty. There's 2 zombies in your way that can easily fuck you over and 2 hits from them without healing or defense coins is death.

2. When you first get into the sewers after escaping Nemesis since even on that difficulty. He can be a pain because his movements is fast and he can easily hit you enough in a few hits.

3. When you first control Carlos and get to the police station since that's another time after you escape from Nemesis in which he has the RL.
4. Right before the final boss. 'Nuff said.

So yeah, I used 4 saves. I probably could've used another but the game between saves 3 and 4 were a breeze. Maybe you can use another save spot after the 2nd to final boss. 

Confused for your run just use the rocket launcher .. No problem with the zombies in the beginning?? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Confused for your run just use the rocket launcher .. No problem with the zombies in the beginning?? 


I'm talking about the beginning BEFORE the first item box/typewriter encounter. There's 2 zombies in the way that can kill you. The one near the gate right after you get the pistol and the one near the elevator.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ARH65512 said:


I'm talking about the beginning BEFORE the first item box/typewriter encounter. There's 2 zombies in the way that can kill you. The one near the gate right after you get the pistol and the one near the elevator.

JUst use Infinite Rocket Launcher its one hit kill :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

JUst use Infinite Rocket Launcher its one hit kill :) 


I don’t know if you haven’t played it yet or Nightmarr/Inferno yet, but to get the RL you need to get out of the item box. The first item box doesn’t appear until you reach the subway and both of those zombies appear before the subway so you’re forced to dodge them or at least make sure you don’t get hit by them. Unless there’s an item box I missed.

Edited by ARH65512
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

JUst use Infinite Rocket Launcher its one hit kill :) 

 

You can't use the rocket launcher on the zombies he's talking about because Jill doesn't have access to the item box yet.

 

I always use the perfect dodge on the zombie near the gate. It's risky but i haven't had a problem with him. The zombie near the elevator can bite you once and still live as long as he lets go of you quickly. I sometimes manage to avoid him by dodging backwards but more often than not he tends to grab me.

 

The zombie in the beginning i had the most problem with was after the meeting with Brad. During a cutscene Jill will say "there's so many" and after the cutscene ends a couple of zombies appear and if you're not quick one of them will get you, killing Jill immediately. Well. I found that by skipping the cutscene the zombie would always get me. So, i just let the cutscene play out and somehow the zombie doesn't notice Jill as quick. Now, i know this is probably bad RNG luck on my part as I've seen people skip that cutscene, immediately run, and have no problem but for me it happened 3 times in a row. So, better safe than sorry.

 

As for save spots, i only saved right before the final boss. I know the Drain Deimos can be tricky and if not careful you can easily die even with the health and defense coins so i thought about saving before them but i figured you get there so quick that having to restart wouldn't be much of a setback so i didn't.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Before the Drain Deimos. Wasn’t sure what to expect from them on Inferno difficulty and I definitely didn’t want to do the prologue again if things went south.

2. Kendo’s. Before the rolling head cause I hate that thing.

3. As Carlos right before the hospital defence bit cause I wasn’t sure which enemies Inferno would send through the windows at me.

4. Before getting the fuses. Meant if I messed up in NEST, specifically the Hunter corridor, I wouldn’t have to do the Carlos defence bit again. 

5. Before final Nemesis encounter. This is an absolute 100% must. Somehow I managed it first time round but I was certain I would die loads of times before getting him. Just got super lucky. But it was nice going into that fight knowing I had a save right beforehand.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taizuke said:

 

You can't use the rocket launcher on the zombies he's talking about because Jill doesn't have access to the item box yet.

 

I always use the perfect dodge on the zombie near the gate. It's risky but i haven't had a problem with him. The zombie near the elevator can bite you once and still live as long as he lets go of you quickly. I sometimes manage to avoid him by dodging backwards but more often than not he tends to grab me.

 

The zombie in the beginning i had the most problem with was after the meeting with Brad. During a cutscene Jill will say "there's so many" and after the cutscene ends a couple of zombies appear and if you're not quick one of them will get you, killing Jill immediately. Well. I found that by skipping the cutscene the zombie would always get me. So, i just let the cutscene play out and somehow the zombie doesn't notice Jill as quick. Now, i know this is probably bad RNG luck on my part as I've seen people skip that cutscene, immediately run, and have no problem but for me it happened 3 times in a row. So, better safe than sorry.

 

As for save spots, i only saved right before the final boss. I know the Drain Deimos can be tricky and if not careful you can easily die even with the health and defense coins so i thought about saving before them but i figured you get there so quick that having to restart wouldn't be much of a setback so i didn't.

Now I see Thought you just start the game with it lol :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saved it everytime before a Nemesis encounter/fight. 

1. Just after Drain Deimos. 

2. Before the fight on the roof. 

3. Before the clock tower fight. (died here with a one hit kill with full health). 

4. Biggest gap but just before the fight in the acid chamber. 

5. A must save, before the final encounter.

I had only unlock the rocket launcher right before the final fight which made it a lot easier. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did

1. 1st item box

2. Beginning of 1st Carlos section

3. Before Final fight as Carlos

4. Before Final Nemesis fight

 

If you have infinite Rocket Launcher this should be doable. Also you still have one save of your choice

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 3:58 PM, ARH65512 said:


I'm talking about the beginning BEFORE the first item box/typewriter encounter. There's 2 zombies in the way that can kill you. The one near the gate right after you get the pistol and the one near the elevator.


for future help for anyone reading this, the elevator zombie i spam R1 as i skip the cutscene immediately spam r1 and ive seemed to dodge the elevator zombie and have enough time to hit the button and not get hit. that first zombie though is luck he lunges so far ahead i havent figured out how to dodge him

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. before the bugs nest

2. after the bug nest

3. when controlling carlos in hospital 

4. bofore last boss

 

idk i just anxious at bugs part even with rocket launcher, and im finding the part with nemesis in the city is tricky, after that its smooth sailing until that annoying last bost and its slapping combo

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 11:11 PM, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

1. Before the Drain Deimos. Wasn’t sure what to expect from them on Inferno difficulty and I definitely didn’t want to do the prologue again if things went south.

2. Kendo’s. Before the rolling head cause I hate that thing.

3. As Carlos right before the hospital defence bit cause I wasn’t sure which enemies Inferno would send through the windows at me.

4. Before getting the fuses. Meant if I messed up in NEST, specifically the Hunter corridor, I wouldn’t have to do the Carlos defence bit again. 

5. Before final Nemesis encounter. This is an absolute 100% must. Somehow I managed it first time round but I was certain I would die loads of times before getting him. Just got super lucky. But it was nice going into that fight knowing I had a save right beforehand.

Working for me using the infinite cheese launcher. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question semi-related to this, which typewriter is missing in inferno? (as stated in the loading screen).

 

In my own inferno run i skipped the typewriter in donut shop, sewers(2), ground floor of the construction site, police station dark room if there's any. Others i either used them or saw them. Wonder if the skipped ones are actually present or not.

Edited by Maverick6146
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2020 at 3:51 PM, Maverick6146 said:

One question semi-related to this, which typewriter is missing in inferno? (as stated in the loading screen).

 

In my own inferno run i skipped the typewriter in donut shop, sewers(2), ground floor of the construction site, police station dark room if there's any. Others i either used them or saw them. Wonder if the skipped ones are actually present or not.

 

The donut shop one is defo missing, cant recall the rest

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEST 2 is missing. I had planned to save there for my 4th save. I wasn't sure how lucky I would get with the group of Hunter Betas, but it was gone and I had to wait until the room before the Pit Fight. Which really freaked me out cause Save 3 was at Clock Tower Plaza Fight safe room. 

 

What I did:

First Safe Room

Before the Substation Maze (Drain Deimos

Clock Tower Plaza

Pit Fight

Final Boss

 

What I would do differently:

Before the Substation Maze (Drain Deimos

Clock Tower Plaza

Before the Fuse Maze

Pit Fight

Final Boss

 

You could use up an earlier save at Kendo's if you plan to skip the Pit Fight save. Thus rendering one of the most dangerous parts, Nemesis with a Rocket Launcher, a bit less stressful. With four Assault Coins the boss fights don't last much longer than the death animations. it is when you're stuck running away from Nemesis with random zombies around that he is at his most dangerous.

 

And in case anyone is wondering, I did purchase the $5 Unlock All the Stuff thing. It made the final boss as hard as aiming the rocket launcher and pressing R2. Maybe that is a factor you can consider if you're having a hard time with Inferno. I wasn't happy with how tough it was in comparison to the rest of the fairly simple game. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.