Xbox One Release Date Announced

UndreyVITA

Microsoft has announced the Xbox One will be available on November 22 in 13 territories, including North America and the UK.

The full list of territories that will be getting the console on this date consists of Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and the USA.

In addition, Xbox marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi has confirmed that an additional number of Xbox One Day One Editions have been made available for pre-order, meaning if you're a European looking to score a free copy of FIFA 14 you still can.

Fun fact: this is the same day that the Xbox 360 launched in North America back in 2005.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/xbox-one-release-date-to-be-announced-today

So that means it is coming out a week before the PlayStation 4 in Europe, right? I honestly think Microsoft were caught off guard with the PS4 and they didn't think Sony were this close to releasing their next console. Everything the Xbone has done seems like it is playing catch up with the PS4 and Microsoft knows what a huge hole Sony was in for a while because they launched their system a year later. If they did rush the Xbone I hope it won't have a massive failure rate like the 360 did. 

Parker

• Like 1

At this current moment in time neither console has struck me as saying " come here and spend £350 on me. What console would have more value for money? Or am I just better off sticking with my new PS3 until a price drop?

Look at the games that are releasing and see if any of the titles interest you enough to make a purchase. Personally, I believe the PS4 has much better value for the money because not only is it cheaper, the apps aren't behind a paywall like they are with the Xbone. If you want to use Netflix, YouTube, Internet browser, record gameplay among many other things on the Xbone you need to have a Live! subscription, whereas on the PS4 you can do all of that without a PS+ subscription. 

Parker

• Like 3

At this current moment in time neither console has struck me as saying " come here and spend £350 on me. What console would have more value for money? Or am I just better off sticking with my new PS3 until a price drop?

Killzone, Drive Club, Warframe, WarThunder are all reasons to bring me there on Day 1. As I am in the UK I wont get my PS4 till 29th so will be getting Watch Dogs, AC4, and Battlefield 4 for christmas. I can't wait for Planetside 2 on console but not sure the date of that. 

If I was making a choice between the two purely on the launch games, I'd go with Xbox one as Dead Rising 3 and Killer instinct interest me more than anything on PS4. However I'll be sticking with my PS4 pre order, in time it'll end up with a lot more interesting exclusives in my opinion. You're best waiting until the games you actually want to play are released.

It will be interesting to see how both systems sell given what has happened thus far. Even if I wasn't a Sony fan, I really don't see the allure of the XBone. PS4 releases a week earlier, costs $100 less, very solid exclusives and release games, better processing power and hasn't had to completely revamp their policies after their announcement . . .seems like a no-brainer.

Edited by Bullstomp

If you want a Xbox One, buy it and have fun.

If you want a PS4, buy it and have fun.

Personally, I'm sticking with PS3 for awhile. There are still so many games on my list and buying a console day one for me is a big no.

Pretty much this. Also the thing people are forgetting is the ps4 will sell just because of the name brand.