Rumor: Far Cry 6

Champ147

2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-35094-far-cry-6-won-t-feature-ray-tracing-on-ps5.html

Just a heads up, for those like myself , who like to choose graphic preference.

I'm okay with this if they managing to hit Native 4K/60FPS as a base line. Ray Tracing is nice and all...but it's a little annoying that we have these new consoles and we're STILL having to choose between Performance or Fidelity Mode. The fact that some games still have to push 4K OR 60FPS on this hardware is crazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I'm okay with this if they managing to hit Native 4K/60FPS as a base line. Ray Tracing is nice and all...but it's a little annoying that we have these new consoles and we're STILL having to choose between Performance or Fidelity Mode. The fact that some games still have to push 4K OR 60FPS on this hardware is crazy. 

I mean pc chooses between better performance or better graphics. It’s sort of a necessity, especially on the consoles. Since they are still way behind. They should have really tried to do a more expensive, better performance (for 4K 60fps ray tracing on all games) console. But the casual gamers probably would have not bought it and more would have ended up in even more scalper hands. Lol

Hmm.. it’s just a hard “but if” moment really. I still prefer having options. I’ll still enjoy the game regardless. It’ll just suck for me to go back to fidelity after playing this in 60 haha. ?

46 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I mean pc chooses between better performance or better graphics. It’s sort of a necessity, especially on the consoles. Since they are still way behind. They should have really tried to do a more expensive, better performance (for 4K 60fps ray tracing on all games) console. But the casual gamers probably would have not bought it and more would have ended up in even more scalper hands. Lol

Hmm.. it’s just a hard “but if” moment really. I still prefer having options. I’ll still enjoy the game regardless. It’ll just suck for me to go back to fidelity after playing this in 60 haha. ?

This is why I'm expecting a PS5 Pro at some point. A console that can hit Native 4K/60 without issue. 

I mean, I get it...I guess. I'm just always going to choose 60FPS over 4K. But it'd be nice if my 4KTV can actually be used as such lol.

• Like 1

On 2021-09-23 at 2:57 PM, Viper said:

This is why I'm expecting a PS5 Pro at some point. A console that can hit Native 4K/60 without issue. 

I mean, I get it...I guess. I'm just always going to choose 60FPS over 4K. But it'd be nice if my 4KTV can actually be used as such lol.

Most new games now are dynamic 4k/60 which is still great. Difference between native 4k and dynamic getting real hard to tell apart especially for your average person. I don't think it's a matter of whether the console can do it as there's several games that are native 4k although less demanding ones but rather them trying to save money on a cheaper alternative that still does the job damn well.