Rumor: Far Cry 6

Champ147

So, as with all unofficial news, this should be taken with a grain of salt. But reportedly we'll see a Far Cry 6 reveal come July 12th during Ubisoft Forward show. And it'll take place outside the US for a change. 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73062/far-cry-6-set-outside-of-us-return-to-exotic-setting-july-12-reveal/amp.html

Edited by DaivRules
Added rumor to title
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

Pretty sure only one Far Cry game has taken place in the US...

Yes (along with the New Dawn expansion).  And also pretty sure that the Far Cry series was not ending after 5 but still good to see discussion swirling around the next edition.

Edited by djb5f

10 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

Pretty sure only one Far Cry game has taken place in the US...

The last two, or one depending on how you look at it, are in the United States. Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn. Otherwise the United States I think it's at least mentioned in some way in every game. 

Edit: Either way, I'm excited if true. Love the FC games.

Edited by Champ147
  • Like 1

It's been two years since the last major installment, and according to this report the game will release by the time the previous (major) installment turns three years old. Developers will be one year earlier than usual, which is interesting. 

Visiting the United States in Far Cry 5 (and New Dawn) has been a nice change of pace for the series, but I don't think I'd mind a return to an exotic setting, which are usually incredible.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Yeah we kind of knew this was coming. Earlier this year Ubisoft released a slate for their releases, they said 3 games were coming this year (Rainbow Six Quarantine and Watch Dogs: Legion we knew of at the time) and "two of their biggest franchises" would release next year. Now I assumed next year meant Assassin's Creed and Far Cry...that's there top sellers. But then AC Valhalla was announced for the end of this year as the third game. So Far Cry 6 and something else is coming for 2021. 

17 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Can't say i'm excited for a new Far Cry game unless they do something totally different like F.C Primal. Would prefer something new or that they atleast take a year off kinda like Assassins Creed did, which paid of for them imo.

I really enjoyed primal, I'm always confused that a lot of people that like far cry didn't enjoy it, I really found it a great change of pace.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Champ147 said:

The last two, or one depending on how you look at it, are in the United States. Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn. Otherwise the United States I think it's at least mentioned in some way in every game. 

Edit: Either way, I'm excited if true. Love the FC games.

Sure, but as far as the actual in game locations only two games have taken place in the US. All of the other games have taken place somewhere else. Not sure where you place Primal or Blood Dragon since their settings are somewhat unique.

14 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

Not sure where you place Primal or Blood Dragon since their settings are somewhat unique.

We all know that Blood Dragon takes place in the country of Val Verde ?

As for Far Cry 6, I won't be getting the game unless it's stupidly discounted. Far Cry 5 was a chore to get through, and the DLCs were some of the worst DLC I've ever experienced. New Dawn was interesting in the story and concept, but gameplay was so minimal and repetitive it destroyed the experience. Primal was amazing in its setting, but weapon selection was pretty weak (not really much they could've done with it, so I actually expected it to be), and the story was kinda meh. Not bad by any means, but entirely forgettable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 6:42 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

We all know that Blood Dragon takes place in the country of Val Verde 1f61d.png

As for Far Cry 6, I won't be getting the game unless it's stupidly discounted. Far Cry 5 was a chore to get through, and the DLCs were some of the worst DLC I've ever experienced. New Dawn was interesting in the story and concept, but gameplay was so minimal and repetitive it destroyed the experience. Primal was amazing in its setting, but weapon selection was pretty weak (not really much they could've done with it, so I actually expected it to be), and the story was kinda meh. Not bad by any means, but entirely forgettable.

Totally agree with you on FC5. I really had to force myself to finish the game. The DLC was also a chore. I enjoyed Primal more than most people for its simplicity but I understand why gamers didn't care for it.

Now, he doesn't say anything about what it is or who's developing it, but please allow me to spoil that for you: it's Far Cry 6. With Ubisoft Forward being just ten days away we probably won't have to wait long to see him in action either, and it'll be interesting to see the results of this new technology and approach.

pRoTcxB.png

http://web.archive.org/web/20200703190413/http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamereactor.eu%2Fbreaking-bad-actor-teases-upcoming-far-cry-role%2F&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS809US809&oq=cache%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamereactor.eu%2Fbreaking-bad-actor-teases-upcoming-far-cry-role%2F&aqs=chrome..69i

• Like 3

On 7/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, closertim said:

As sure as the sun rises in the east,  ubisoft will release another copy and paste kind of game annually.  

Annually? Far Cry 5 came out in 2018 and 6 isn't expected until next year...that'll be a 3 year gap, a usual pace for most sequels. Two years if you want to count New Dawn, but that was an expansion. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Annually? Far Cry 5 came out in 2018 and 6 isn't expected until next year...that'll be a 3 year gap, a usual pace for most sequels. Two years if you want to count New Dawn, but that was an expansion. 

Perhaps "annually" is the wrong term there.

But consider what FC is and how it has been going downhill since FC3 (FC4 being good to ok but still a downward trend) unless they move away from their patented "Here's a medium effort map with a lot of markers, poor AI, token activities and token story. Go clean it up for 15 hours" I don't see it as being super successful. I only got New Dawn on a steep discount after FC5 and because I was bored out of my mind due to whole 'Rona thing and I would have been pissed had I payed full price for a glorified reskin with token story and activities.

I HOPE they put some effort into it and deliver something that builds on top of what it is

Still no word on Beyond G&E 2 tho... that actually looked fresh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

Perhaps "annually" is the wrong term there.

But consider what FC is and how it has been going downhill since FC3 (FC4 being good to ok but still a downward trend) unless they move away from their patented "Here's a medium effort map with a lot of markers, poor AI, token activities and token story. Go clean it up for 15 hours" I don't see it as being super successful. I only got New Dawn on a steep discount after FC5 and because I was bored out of my mind due to whole 'Rona thing and I would have been pissed had I payed full price for a glorified reskin with token story and activities.

I HOPE they put some effort into it and deliver something that builds on top of what it is

Still no word on Beyond G&E 2 tho... that actually looked fresh.

True. It is on a downward trend. 4 was good, but not as good as 3, and 5 was okay...but ultimately I wasn't a huge fan of it. I liked New Dawn a little bit more though. Primal though, gets a lot of shit from people, but I actually enjoyed that the most since 3. 

6 hours ago, Viper said:

True. It is on a downward trend. 4 was good, but not as good as 3, and 5 was okay...but ultimately I wasn't a huge fan of it. I liked New Dawn a little bit more though. Primal though, gets a lot of shit from people, but I actually enjoyed that the most since 3. 

I'm currently playing primal and I have to say I had fun with it for a bit, but now it's just boring.  Can't wait to finish and move on.  

What I kind of meant was between far cry and assassin's creed  there must be annually releases with those combined, same kind of game for me anyway.    

To me 3 > 5 > 4.  

I own but have not played New Dawn or Primal yet.  Looking forward to 6.  It is a delicate balance to keep what works and what those like about the Far Cry series but continue to innovate and try new things, 

15 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

Cover art is a bit odd, wonder if that is final.  The locale and setting for this game looks great though