Rumor: Far Cry 6

Champ147

Well after watching the videos, I'm looking forward to it all. And while I might be in the minority, I'm ok with them not changing up the formula much. Most series out there don't do much different from game to game and this is no exception. Tweaking up some things and throwing in a new story and environment and I'm all good. If they kept changing the formula, the IP will lose it's identity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punkshepherd said:

Farcry is my video game comfort food man.

You know what youre getting, its probably bad for you, yet sometimes the water tastes like wine. 

---

(I only play FarCry when theyre all super reduced price...whereas when i want Szechuan chicken il pay anything lmao)

I couldn't agree more. I would actually use the word "schlock" to describe the Far Cry games if anything. I've only played Far Cry 4/Primal and I enjoyed both. I'm currently playing Far Cry 3 and so far it's fine. The trailer for this looks interesting and I might get it mainly for Giancarlo Esposito. He's an amazing actor and he's great playing villains. If he can bring that Gus Fring magic to this role we're all going to be in for a real treat 

17 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

ceqHOuR.jpg

This image alone makes me think it's not Vaas. Those look like the same Samsung earbuds I use...which would mean this is more of a modern day setting. 

Overall though, I became pretty lukewarm on the franchise with FC5 (much preferred New Dawn). That game wasn't bad, but something about it just bored me. But this trailer alone hooked me like I was watching a really good Netflix show. Giancarlo Esposito just has this way about him. This won't be a day 1 or anything, but I'll most likely be playing it eventually, I've played everything else since 3.

• Like 1

This is a wait and see for me. The only reason I bought FC4 & 5 for launch months was because I thought I could get that high experience Far Cry 3 gave me. Nope. FC4 was incomplete to the director's vision and FC5 is kinda braindead for ambition.

• 10 months later...

I like Far Cry, I do...but I feel like this series has had diminishing returns since 3 set the bar so high. And this gameplay just.......looks like typical Far Cry. 

I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm a little underwhelmed. I'll play it eventually, but it's not high on the priority list. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

56ikeZc.gifgiphy.gif

These clips are great.

Some of the weapons looked unique, not like, unique in a worlwide sense, but unique to the series.

I likely won't get the game as after Far Cry 5 I just felt bored with the series (I've played FC3, Primal & 5).

Plus I wouldn't be suprised if the game is way too samey as FC5/New Dawn.
I despise the way Ubisoft does their editions, pre-order bonuses, etc so that's another negative. It'll probably be loaded with MTX (ranging from skins, weapons, extra missions, characters, locations, and progression skipping MTX too (personally I don't dislike these progression skips MTX, I never use them and find them a waste of money, the part that annoys me is when they clog up the DLC section for the game in the PS Store and DLC menus ingame))

Edited by OmegaRejectz

On 7/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, Champ147 said:

Well after watching the videos, I'm looking forward to it all. And while I might be in the minority, I'm ok with them not changing up the formula much. Most series out there don't do much different from game to game and this is no exception. Tweaking up some things and throwing in a new story and environment and I'm all good. If they kept changing the formula, the IP will lose it's identity. 

wait 3 or 4 months it'll be half price.    Watch dogs and assassins creed both were half price about 3 to 4 months in on a sale now Watch dogs legion is $20.00 it released in like october.  Don't ever pay full price for ubisoft.

• Like 2