This may sound like a silly question but...

I'm starting this game on tuesday or wednesday, and then I saw the 8/10 difficulty in the trophy guide. Here's the (silly) question:

Last year I played WipEout Omega Collection, which also has a 8/10 difficulty in the trophy guide, and given I platinumed WipEout HD in 2012, I did not found the Omega Collection platinum hard at all (couple of problems at some elite events in HD, some time trials in 2048 and both Zico trophies, nothing worth of a 8/10 difficulty though).

I know the gameplay of the two games are very different, but for someone who platinumed  WipEout Omega Collection without much difficulties, will this game be harder to plat?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FinalFrank15 said:

I'm starting this game on tuesday or wednesday, and then I saw the 8/10 difficulty in the trophy guide. Here's the (silly) question:

Last year I played WipEout Omega Collection, which also has a 8/10 difficulty in the trophy guide, and given I platinumed WipEout HD in 2012, I did not found the Omega Collection platinum hard at all (couple of problems at some elite events in HD, some time trials in 2048 and both Zico trophies, nothing worth of a 8/10 difficulty though).

I know the gameplay of the two games are very different, but for someone who platinumed  WipEout Omega Collection without much difficulties, will this game be harder to plat?

The only trophy that will be difficult is the Oxide Time Trials and all that needs is track memorization and keeping the boost high, everything else is easy compared to the time trials.

• Like 1

I've played my fair share of WipEout Omega, and I can say its definitely comparable but not the same difficulty. CTR:NFs difficulty I feel comes from a select few parts that are teeth-grindingly difficult, whereas WipEout's difficulty is more evenly spread out on different stages. Things like the Time Trials against Oxide can sometimes feel like the Beat Zico trophies in WipEout since both are extremely difficult to do and even if you do you won't win it by much more than what is necessary. It'll probably come down to how well you acclimate to the cart racer mechanics compared to WipEout's more streamlined system. Good luck if you do end up going for it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I've played my fair share of WipEout Omega, and I can say its definitely comparable but not the same difficulty. CTR:NFs difficulty I feel comes from a select few parts that are teeth-grindingly difficult, whereas WipEout's difficulty is more evenly spread out on different stages. Things like the Time Trials against Oxide can sometimes feel like the Beat Zico trophies in WipEout since both are extremely difficult to do and even if you do you won't win it by much more than what is necessary. It'll probably come down to how well you acclimate to the cart racer mechanics compared to WipEout's more streamlined system. Good luck if you do end up going for it!

But Zico is only two tracks, with two specific ships, not in every track. If every time trial is comparable to beat Zico, I'll be damned. But thanks.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, the time trials are gonna be your biggest obstacle to the plat. However since you've done the Omega Collection, then you know what you was doing with that so I think in due time you can get the plat for CTR:NF with no major worries :)

• Like 1

I still haven't got this game, because I'm waiting for a price drop. Still haven't been one I'm happy with. Anyway, if it's anything like the original, it sure is difficult, but you'll get better and better by each race. At least in the original the karts control were so natural, and the levels aren't just straight lines, so you learn where to drive, bump and slide to get the most out of it. You generally do get better with each attempt, and in some few maps there's some tricks that might be difficult to pull off so it feels a bit like luck, though you get better at it reducing the luck each time. I wouldn't be scared about the difficulty, you can do it! :) It doesn't feel like some bs ms you gotta shave off perfect driving, but rather there's huge gains to be made by driving slightly different, and rarely there's super precise racing that will differ between a great or bad score. Or rather, there's some few places you gotta nail to make a huge difference, which is what differs if you make it or not.

I should probably point out that it's the time trial that is difficult.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FinalFrank15 said:

It takes some practice but no way is this only 1 less difficulty than games like this and trackmania turbo. 

A very fun and fair platinum

Edited by dannyswfc9

I picked it up on launch day last year and I never had any hope of getting the Plat but as I played more and more of it I decided to go for it earlier this year and I achieved it which I never thought I would do and yes some courses for the tim trials are harder than others and Oxide on Hard in the Story is a challenge at first but if you play the game enough you should be able to get the plat, Good Luck :D.

• Like 1

I got the platinum for both games and I would rate both WipEout Omega Collection and Crash Team Racing at the same difficulty. I also find the 10% trophy rarity pretty strange. Although I’ve seen many strange trophy lists while completing CTR. For each person difficulty is different but I would go with a 6.5/10 for both games.

• 2 weeks later...

Well thank you all for the encouraging words, but i gave up. I'm not very fond of time trial trophies (with some exceptions like Zico, and that's only one time trial), worse when you have 31 tracks when you have to complete 3 times minimum, worse when the time trial are 3 laps and not only one, and worse when those trials are based exclusively on a system i don't liked (the drift boosting, sacred fire and stuff). But it was a good game, so it wasn't for nothing.

Maybe when oxide's times are greatly nerfed (or beenox puts an alternate unlocking method [which i think it's impossible btw]), i might get back to this.