VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

11 hours ago, Slava said:

Everyone in Hololive (and other streamers) is playing Suika Game. Bruh, what did they find in this game? 😁 Why are they so addicted to combining berries and fruit into bigger ones? Pekora streamed it 6 times, some of which I watched. Koyori is currently 7+ hours into the stream of this game as well.

On the EN side, I haven't watched almost anything because of time zones, but saw some clips of Suika Game. Including Fauna being unlucky and getting a game over because of game physics launching fruit out of bounds 😁🫡. Happened to other holo members as well.

Other than that, I mainly watched just more clips

Yeah they have been a bit hooked on it as it seems to happen with the big flavor of the month kind of game. I can see the appeal though since it's kind of like Tetris where you want to get the pieces right but you can mess up on accident and so the game tricks you into playing it more by wanting to do it right :P I also like how Pekora and Marine were competitive over it.

The CouncilRyS 3D collab was nice to watch. I guess they have now rebranded into Promise as well. But it was fun watching them play the games together and I liked how in the tug of war game they were making fun of Fauna's salad.

I also tried watching Biboo play RE2 Remake but unfortunately the stream kept going off and on because of something on her end.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I also like how Pekora and Marine were competitive over it.

Yeah, the game is simple, but Holomems make it entertaining by applying their own meaning like fighting for #1 in their branch or entire agency. 

10 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Biboo

I like how everyone collectively agreed to call her Biboo instead of Bijou 😁. It's time to change the channel name.

• Like 3

I see Pekora started a perilous journey into Dark Souls. She's already been invaded at least twice but I'm sure there are other ne'er do wells and fiends eager to invade and hopefully not crash her game.

Otherwise not too much in the way of new streams this week. Just the usual Suika game stuff and Coni watching Halloween commercials which had to be unarchived. I also see IRyS is showing off a new outfit.

• Like 3

Saw Ollie's Birthday stream on Friday 13th 🧟. Haven't watched her in a while, and this was the perfect occasion. She had a surprise prepared in the form of a new hair style, which is as kureiji as always.

Saw that Bae is moving to Japan. Cool stuff, good luck to the chaos rat. Seemed like she had been travelling once a month anyway, so it only makes sense.

Recognised Matara Kan's voice in the beginning of her first cover song. People online confirmed my guess. Her name was already a big clue. Should've known it was the return of the Russian speaking fox mom. But tbh I'm not a fan of the cockroach design. At least it's good for Mama Roach memes. Wish her success with Vshojo.

And I was able to catch a couple minutes of Irys with the new outfit this morning. IrySoCute. Nice glasses. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

Calli keeps raking in music collabs. This time, she did a song for Metal Gear. She's written better tracks, but this one is just entertaining to unpack. The lyrics and the video are filled with references. Quotes like "We have no tomorrow, but we still can hope for the future" are vowen into the track, some in Japanese, some in English. As for the MV, I like the part with that guard from MGS2 that opens pictures of girls on a computer in the server room, which they changed to Calli's video :D

Heard Kaela's first original song. Making a song for Hololive when you're surrounded by trained singers can put you under pressure, but she did well. Unfortunately, the track is written in a way where multiple words have the wrong syllables stress, which is one of the things I usually dislike personally. Otherwise, pretty solid.

Then I listened to Mumei's new original. It's just great all around. The beautiful combination of her performance and the MV pulled at my heartstings. 

Haven't been watching many game streams.

I saw that Aqua is doing the solo master rank challenge in Apex again. Easily getting 30k+ CCV per stream. What can I say, people like seeing cute girls masterfully wreck players online, and I'm one of them. Joined some of these streams to marvel at her FPS skills.

Also, can't ignore Akirose's insane grind. I'm not interested in Ark, and I'm not sure what VCR is (I think they organise some kind of creator collabs on private servers in different games or something like that), I'm just impressed at the hours she's putting into it. Just take a look at her latest streams. 

• Like 3

I saw for Pekora's Dark Souls run her chat wound up actually doing something worse than invading her and crashing her game. Instead of that they tricked her into thinking the Drake Sword is a good investment. It looks like she's getting along with it pretty well, up to Ornstein and Smough last I saw although she's probably further on now. It also looks like Subaru is almost done with Persona 5 Royal since she's been playing that for a couple months at this point.

Besides that I saw Tenma play some Hotline Miami and also the point-and-click game Harvester. On Wednesday her and Pippa along with Henya will do a collab so that should be funny. Otherwise the Promise and Advent collabs were good. I like how in the Promise one they were also confused about how vague and open-ended the questions and answers are in the Family Feud game :P And while I didn't see the whole collab, I did see that Fauna won Age of Empires II by using elephants and I guess since then she's been making elephant noises when she can. I like to think her elephants was like the Haradim in Lord of the Rings.

19 hours ago, Slava said:

Also, can't ignore Akirose's insane grind. I'm not interested in Ark, and I'm not sure what VCR is (I think they organise some kind of creator collabs on private servers in different games or something like that), I'm just impressed at the hours she's putting into it. Just take a look at her latest streams. 

Yeah, I don't know much about ARK apart from what I briefly saw of Polka play it and that there was a poster advertising it at my Wal-Mart for a long time but man she's really been at it especially with a lot of them being nearly 12 hours.

• Like 3