VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

It appears that Pikamee decided to quit a while ago. I saw some clips of Pomu and Kson who mentioned that she messaged them about it before she went on the break. Then I saw this video where Gyari of VOMS said that her graduation was decided on a while ago, and the upcoming VOMS event was being prepared with it in mind. The actual date was not disclosed though. The video also details what content will be deleted and what will stay.

Regardless, I hope Twitter will leave her alone, and her last month of streaming will be remembered in a positive way.

In more lighthearted news, Ironmouse showed her new model, and it looks great. I like it more than the previous two. It has another feature that I haven't sseen before - tears rolling down the face and falling. She changes model often, but at least if you don't really like one of them, you know the next one is coming in a few months.

Influenced by Pomu, Nina Kosaka started Metal Gear Solid. Didn't watch the whole stream, but saw a significant part of it starting from the briefing. The first thing I noticed is what she said about Nastasha's name and how she pronounced it. I knew instantly that she speaks Russian, and indeed she does. Pretty much fluently. Which I obviously had no idea about. But the MGS stream went mostly well, even though Nina had to play the PC version with horrible controls ?. Pomu is such an MGS fan now that she watched her play the whole time. And joined a couple of times. The funniest moment of the stream was the first codec call after her food break where "Master Miller" told her that you should wait 30 minutes after a meal before playing ?. But yeah, I'll have to watch more of her.

I've also seen a bunch of clips with VTubers being degens recently. Mouse reacts to Cammy in SF6NijiEN reacting to Atomic Heart robotsMarine being Marine.

• Like 3

I know Myth's 3D showcases have been going on for the past couple of weeks, but I only watched Gura's one. I really liked the "GuraTV" thing she did. The parodies in-between the main segments were great, like the Devil May Cry and Boss Ross ones that come to mind. ? It was really well done and clearly had a lot of effort put into it. Plus, Gura's just naturally cute and funny. ? She let her intrusive thoughts win on more than one occasion. ?

vK08d2o.pnglImHZFX.pnghDvhgVS.png

As for other HoloEN happenings, Mumei's kind of on a break, so nothing from her this week other than a member's only watchalong of Bocchi The Rock. So yeah, I mainly just watched Fauna and IRyS. They both played Hitman 3 this week. IRyS was playing it for the first time and apparently wasn't even aware of Agent 47's iconic barcode on the back of his head. I thought everyone knew about that. ? Fauna was playing more of the new Freelancer mode and seems rather addicted to it. Even when she streamed Skyrim later in the week, she said that she'd rather be playing more Hitman 3. ? And speaking of that Skyrim stream, she brought everyone back to the early days of YouTube by talking about Boxxy, and even did her own impression of her. ? IRyS played some Earth Defense Force 5 which was pretty kino. I love the voice acting in that game. It has soul. ?

I actually did watch a bit of HoloJP this week as well because Subaru started Tales of Symphonia and I wanted to check that out since it's one of the all time greats. 

Moving onto Pippa, she did a Hogwarts Legacy stream. She didn't bother with the game sooner because she doesn't like Harry Potter, but her desire to shit on the Twitter freaks after Pikamee's graduation announcement was stronger. ? It worked like a charm and she even showed a few angry tweets during the little intro she did. ? But she spent the first hour of the stream doing that online quiz that sorts you into one of the houses and also looking at Harry Potter themed Build-A-Bears, because of course she did. ? She played the game itself for about an hour, but then some tech issue happened and she was forced to stop. I think she intends on doing a second stream though, just with a bunch of mods installed. That should be good. Oh, but after the tech issue cut the gameplay short, she ended the stream reading a bunch of lewd Harry Potter fanfic. ?

It was also Pippa's Birthday this week. Lots of random activities in that one. Near the start she about how she got messages from Calli and Asmongold wishing her a Happy Birthday and how she had a hard time replying because she really looks up to them. She got her manager to look at the reply before she sent it. ? She watched some random con footage of Anime Expo where like 80% of the cosplayers were wearing the same Demon Slayer jacket. ? After that she moved onto the pics and videos people made to celebrate her Birthday. Ken Ashcorp made a song for her, there was this awesome animation/music video someone made about /pcg/ (Phase Connect General thread on /vt/), and MoonShine Animations made this hilarious stop motion animation of Pippa having her Joker moment. ?

Some mad lads arranged for a Pippa billboard to be put up in Tennessee. She saw a picture going around of it before her Birthday stream, but she thought it was photoshopped until actually watching a video of someone driving up to it. They did a great job. FEED & SEED. ?

iG9Tm5B.png

Even the presidents wished her a Happy Birthday. Very cool. ? The only other thing I wanted to mention about the Birthday stuff is the merch. I ended up ordering some of the prints (pics below) and the keychains. I love the art.

fAeRTEw.png omJpDDX.png

I watched most of Yuko's streams this week. She played that Sons of the Forest game a lot of VTubers are jumping on, and she ended up getting jumpscared. It was pretty funny. ? She got very tipsy while playing Rainbow Six which was cute. ? She also started Half-Life (the original one) which was cool. I guess we'll see if she ends up finishing that since she doesn't have the best track record when it comes to completing games. ?

As for Pochi, I just watched her Monster Hunter Rise stream this week while playing the game myself. She's doing a 48 hour donothon as I'm typing this.

And finally I wanted to mention that Fallenshadow had her redebut this week, showing off her new model/outfit and lore video. She also had some new merch to go alongside it and I couldn't resist getting the daki. So now I have both Gura's and Shondo's dakis on the way. Can you tell what my preference in anime girls is? ?

m9dKHWT.png

I cannot escape.

• Like 4

I watch way more Twitch streams nowadays. One of which was Rainhoe's stream where she beat Jump King using a DDR dance pad. Here's the VOD if you're interested to see what it looked like. I was really impressed. She's too good at this game, her speedrun record is under 5 minutes or something, too.

Korone beat SM64 in one stream (70 stars). It was very long, but very entertaining from beginning to the end. Lots of funny moments and cute sounds (as well as plenty of loud screaming ?). She's currently continuing her adventure and trying to go for 120 stars.

Another stream I was pleased to see happen is Mana's collab with Moona. In case you don't remember, Mana Renewal is a Russian VTuber who collaborated with Moona a couple of times before. Haven't checked it out yet, but nice to see that the management allowed it despite everything that's been happening.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

The Streamer Awards, a show organized by QTCinderella, happened. There was a VTuber award, and the main reason I wanted to bring it up is the absolute scuff that ensued when it was presented. Don't care about the awards, as usual, but I'm happy that Mouse and Connor each got an award. I like both, and they're one of the reasons I started watching VTubers.

Speaking of Ironmouse, she reacted to the latest video from Joey where he roasts VTuber's MAL lists (which btw also had some mistakes like "Ollie from Nijisanji" and misreading stuff ?). Watching her defend her takes, react to other lists, and just talk about her favourite titles was fun.

On the Hololive side, I mainly watched clips. Other than the continued of clips about Holo members' IRL meet-ups, my feed had a bunch of clips of Kronii post-jaw surgery which she described in detail. But the funnier part was her trying to talk to Irys and to Bae. Cute ?.

Also watched a Nazuna stream randomly. She played Apex and had some interactions with teammates which were funny. Couldn't find any clips though.

In other news, Nina Kosaka had a collab with Kiara (I only watched parts of it so far), Aqua streamed a Bocchi The Rock watch-along and had some "she just like me fr" moments. Kobo collabed with ShyLily, and of course, there are tons of clips from that stream too. 

Of course, the big news this week is the start of Hololive Expo and 4th Fes, but I'm not watching this year either, so nothing to say except it's happening ?. Hopefully, the long preparation paid off. I'll just watch the clips of Bae reacting to performances.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The best part of the stream though is when she discovered a Twitch channel that had political figures/famous people like Trump, AOC, Gordon Ramsay, etc roasting things people mentioned in chat.

Why is this funnier than any comedy show I've seen in the last 5 years, holy shit. AOC's responce to a request to roast the alphabet "This is a roasting show, not Sesame Street". Trump's roast of Nickelodeon and a promise to build a wall around their studio. The technology has gone too far.

• Like 2

I've been watching mostly non-VTuber streams and videos lately. Connor's Cycleathon, for instance, where he streams himself and Chris Broad cycling across Japanese islands for charity. But I did get a dose of virtual streamer stuff via Ironmouse. Obviously, she's involved, and is a part of inspiration behind it because the charity benefits people with immune deficiency like herself. She streams her reactions (with the chibi version of her new model in a basket E.T.-style) for a few hour each time. Here are some clips: headpatsmonke teddy bearquestionable comment about vibrations.

As for the stuff I didn't watch, I see that Gura is alive with her monthly stream ?. And just a couple more clips. Pekora and Moona had an off-collab, nice to see how their friendship started in Minecraft and developed to this point. Hololive Expo and FES coverage continued, and I wanted to share this chad sending a video message to Akirose.

• Like 2

Aside from Gura's aforementioned monthly stream, Fauna had a birthday stream where she was in the VR space. She showed merch and watched some clips while also getting a happy birthday message from caffeinated Mumei and three sleepyheads ? She then did a follow up stream where she showcased her model changes to where she can now be sleeveless and have heart eyes along with an ear cleaner in her hand. Now currently she is on break until I'm not sure when but I guess she's just detoxing which is fine. She also got a new banger song that I would play with the windows rolled down at full blast.

IRyS played Mega Man Zero and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I figured she would have played RE4 Remake but I guess EN is having a hard time getting permissions for some reason. Something about how they aren't supposed to stream the puzzle solutions which is odd. The only other Holomember I watched was some of Kanata's Dark Souls VODs. I read she does some impressive things like beating Ornstein and Smough in only a couple tries.

Amiya started Morrowind because apparently I can't escape this game since I see memes about it every day now ?

Erina also played some Dark Souls. She seems to stream late but I have liked what I have seen with her whenever I can watch her. She also played something called Melatonin which I've seen others stream before but since I didn't know it was actually a game I honestly thought it was a stream where they took melatonin and just talked before going to bed ?

Airi played Valkyria Chronicles with her favorite killdozer and while I didn't see much of it she played something called Lil' Gator Game where you play as a little gator critter. She also started the VN 428 Shibuya Scramble which is a pretty good VN and while I don't expect her to finish it due to it taking four hours to do the tutorial section I hope she enjoys what she plays ?

Pippa started off with watching spooky videos from analog horror and other creepy-ish videos that weren't really all that scary. At the end of the stream though she tried to detox the horror feeling by watching a DarkSydePhil laughing montage as one of the videos ? She also did an AI Dungeon stream although I didn't see very much of it. She ended the week off by doing a Build-a-Bear stream about the Harry Potter stuff she bought and would just talk about Build-a-Bear stuff in general. But that wasn't the highlight of her streams for this week. She did another movie watchalong where she was originally going to watch the original Godzilla but I guess there was something in place to prevent screen capturing. So instead she watched the riveting, action-packed, and Oscar-worthy Ugandan film Who Killed Captain Alex as the first movie. The second movie was something that I mentioned all the way back in December ?

On 12/19/2022 at 2:56 AM, Redgrave said:

Personally I hope one day she watches Nostalgia Critic's magnum opus known as Kickassia.

It seems I have untapped Illuminati mind control powers ? But yes, she watched Kickassia starring Nostalgia Critic, the Great Linkara, SpoonyOne, Angry Joe, AVGN (as his long forgotten alternate character Board James in a cameo), and many other internet reviewers from the yesteryear internet days. She didn't like it though because she had to pause several times to detox from the cringe and then later put it on 2x speed when the epic Dr. Insano and Nostalgia Critic fight happened which made it come off as more psychotic than it really was but I'm just glad she watched it anyway ?

• Like 3

Pikamee's last stream was a few days ago. I didn't manage to catch it live, and the VOD was made private like all the other content on her channel, but thankfully it was reuploaded by somebody else. At one part she talked about how thanks to her viewers, she was able to afford treatment for her cat which was sweet. And maybe it's cope, but during her final goodbye, she says "see you again", which could mean that she intends to come back with a new VTuber persona under a different company. Only time will tell. Either way, this is the end of Pikamee. Pretty sad, not gonna lie. 

As for Hololive stuff, Gura actually did 3 streams this week which is a lot for her, but unfortunately, it was all solo Minecraft streams. Like Gura, it's nice that you're actually playing games on stream again, but some variety would be nice. ? I think the moment that stood out to me the most was when somebody in chat was like "Has anyone told you you're cute today?" and her response to it was pretty sarcastic and maybe even a bit passive aggressive. It was weird. ?

Speaking of Minecraft, Fauna also played it this week. Just more working on her giant tree project. Also played more Hitman Freelancer mode, because of course she did. ? She talked about potentially doing a Hitman endurance stream until she beats a campaign to "get it out of her system". I'd be down for that. It's really fun watching her play it. ?

IRyS beat Megaman Zero this week and also played this game called Contraband Police which is kind of like a 3D version of Papers, Please where you have to check for contraband at a border checkpoint. That one had some funny moments, like how she got inside someone's truck, pointed a gun to his head and said "You're a lucky man. You get to drive me home." ?

No Mumei again this week, but it sounds like we could see her return next week. Also, I'm kind of disappointed that none of the girls have streamed RE4 Remake, but I guess it's because the permissions for that game have a lot of caveats. Like I don't think they're allowed to show puzzle solutions on stream or the ending which is pretty lame. I saw a part of Calli's stream of the game where she had to stop what she was doing to cover the screen for something that could barely even be described as a puzzle. I can see why the other girls don't want to put up with that. Hopefully Capcom stop being ding dongs and let them stream the game properly.

Last Hololive-related thing I wanted to mention is the April Fool's day collab with Ina, Ame, IRyS, Fauna, Kronii, and Baelz. The idea was that Ina, or rather "Dr. Oopsie" transformed the girls into younger/older versions of themselves. Ame, IRyS, and Kronii were lolis while Fauna and Baelz were old women. ? After that they played some Jackbox while keeping in character which led to some funny moments. IRyS and Ame especially need correction. ???

Pippa had some interesting streams this week. She watched near-death experiences, and a lot of them were pretty wild. There was one where the guy was at a shooting range, and after taking the first shot, the gun span backwards and let off a second shot that almost hit him in the head. ? It made her start telling her own shooting range story where she was given a gun way too big for her. ? I also like her reaction to this one clip of a sniper narrowly escaping getting shot in the head. I'm noticing a theme here... ? As for other streams, she did a 200k subs special where she played TETR.IO with viewers (basically a Tetris 99 rip-off). ? She did a superchat reading stream which is unlisted for whatever reason, but I mention it because she talked about how she used to do kids-focused content on YouTube reviewing toys and such (she really likes children's toys ?). Apparently at one point she opened a Patreon account, and her child audience got really pissed off at her and left a lot of mean comments. Kids are cruel. ? She also read The Mogu Yacht greentext from /vt/ which was quite the experience. ? Lastly, for April Fool's, she did a joke stream by making it look like Pippa's "voice actor" got replaced, before Pippa herself showed up and it turned into an off-collab between her and the new Pippa, also known as Sleepkin Sleepa (voiced by Sleepy Project who I've mentioned once before). ? She's a good lass. They have good chemistry together.

dOyavFB.jpg

The rest of the stream didn't have much to do with April Fool's, with Sleepa having fun with the facial expressions on Pippa's model for a while, and it eventually turned into a handcam stream where they dipped Pippa's Miku figure into some gross looking "food" to taste it. ? To end the stream off, they sang "Keep Your Rifle By Your Side" from Far Cry 5 which was incredibly based

After that stream, she raided into Uruka's Birthday donothon which I watched for a bit. Lumi and Tenma joined her shortly after I did which was pretty chaotic (they were technically Uruka clones but that's not important). ? When they were looking at Domino's tsundere pizza (yes that's a real thing), Tenma played a certain Peter Griffin sound clip which was unexpected. ?

Other than that, I watched Airi play some Maple story. It was a collab with Lia, so that was pretty entertaining. The only Yuko stream I watched this week was a handcam stream where she played with an ouija board. The little piece you hold over the board didn't end up moving at all though when she was asking her questions. I think she genuinely believes in that stuff and was surprised that it didn't work. ? She played Half-Life again, although it overlapped with a Pippa stream, so I'd like to catch up on that VOD when I have time.

• Like 4

Nina Kosaka fisnished MGS. Only saw a small part of the stream, but it was funny how much phrases like "Did you like my sunglasses?" and mentions of "super baby method" amused her. It's refreshing because I don't remember how I reacted the first time I heard that stuff. For me, these words exist in the MGS context forever.

Korone continued her SM64 120 stars hunt, this time with the help of Okayu as the moral support. Also streamed this weird old game for 13 and a half hours. What endurance, if only I could be as strong. Other than that, watched plenty of clips of her just saying "hey guys" followed by some nonsense. 10/10.

Calli's idea for an April 1st stream was an outfit reveal, but, I guess, the joke is that it was actually real. What in tarnation, pardner.

But there were more costumes shown recently. Marine is cool as a CEO, and Ayame is now more like miko than Miko. There was probably more I've missed.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Slava said:

Nina Kosaka fisnished MGS. Only saw a small part of the stream, but it was funny how much phrases like "Did you like my sunglasses?" and mentions of "super baby method" amused her. It's refreshing because I don't remember how I reacted the first time I heard that stuff. For me, these words exist in the MGS context forever.

I always get a laugh from the phrases used in MGS as well. ? But that reminds me, I did actually check out the first MGS1 stream from Nijisanji's Pomu a week or two ago since there's a distinct lack of MGS in the VTuber agencies I typically watch. I remember you mentioning that she became a big fan of the series which is cool.

2 hours ago, Slava said:

Calli's idea for an April 1st stream was an outfit reveal, but, I guess, the joke is that it was actually real. What in tarnation, pardner.

But there were more costumes shown recently. Marine is cool as a CEO, and Ayame is now more like miko than Miko. There was probably more I've missed.

I heard that she avoided using a horse with that outfit because of some unsavoury fanart. ?

Marine looks sexy no matter what she's wearing, but damn, that's hot. I love the tights and unbuttoned shirt. ?

But speaking of outfits, Mumei came back yesterday and announced that she's finally getting her new outfit later this week. ? 

RKL2Nwn.png

full silhouette here

She still has a cough, but it's much improved compared to how it was a couple of weeks ago. It's also funny because chat gave her the idea to make her coughs sound cuter by adding "kyun" onto the end. ? Oh, and she was using her 3D model for the stream which was freaking adorable. ? She can also put the hood up which is cool.

• Like 2

We had not one, but two new outfit reveal streams last night. First one was from Pippa, or should I say, Shipkin Shippa. It's a pretty radical change!

gF2xnic.pngXhgLFnN.png

She is able to retain her pink woman status though since she can swap the colour palette. Basically a light and dark mode. ?

gP9FIav.png

The outfit was very much inspired by Azur Lane. She really loves Bismarck. ? There's a lot of new toggles that I can't really show here without spamming a ton more images. Oh, and she got some new animations for when she gets a donation based around the whole ship theme and also a new gaming screen for when she actually plays one (not very often). ?

Then of course there was Mumei's new outfit reveal that I mentioned previously. It's about as adorable as you would expect. ?

EoWcIoV.png 7lrBeJE.png

vYCGpJy.jpg qExcIZE.gif

The berry earrings were a nice touch. Also, those sweet new kicks. ?

• Like 4

We've been getting spoiled with outfit reveals and such the past couple of weeks from the looks of it ? Since Mumei's was already mentioned, she came back to stream some more. She (along with a lot of others from the look of it) played Q Remastered which I guess is kind of like a puzzle game where you're told to do something and draw a line or circle in order to solve it. Since it's a remaster I don't think I've even heard of the original. She also played Getting Over It and said she intends to play Civilization next week so that should be pretty fun.

Fauna went on a pretty big roll this week by playing Faith: The Unholy Trinity for two streams as well as some Minecraft since I guess she is playing that on Mondays. She also tried to satiate her crippling Hitman addiction by doing an 11 and a half hour endurance stream where she managed to do a run of the Freelancer mode. She did fail one run and almost failed the second but she was 30 minutes away from the 12 hour mark where she intended to stop ? It's nice to know she not only likes playing Hitman but streaming in general. I only wish that this would rub off on a certain stinky shark.

IRyS didn't do very much apart from also be one of the ones to play Q Remastered and something called Scary Supermarket since I guess Halloween has come early ? The only other thing she did was an unarchived karaoke.

The only thing I sort of saw from Airi was she played 428 Shibuya Scramble again and while I didn't watch it she is also one of the ones that played Q Remastered. Otherwise I also saw Erina play more Dark Souls and was upside down for some reason ?

Apart from revealing her new outfit, Pippa "Bismarck" Pipkin watched clips of news bloopers and some kind of documentary thing at the end that was about her which made her tear up at the end of it. What a nice humble yabbit she is ☺️ She also did some kind of Minecraft stream where I guess the goal was some sort of speedrun that I didn't really understand but at some point she showed a video of someone managing to do it ?

Yuko decided to spoil her boo-bros by doing a GFE stream where it was like she went on a date with the viewer in a visual novel type thing where the backgrounds change and she took them to places like a coffee shop and such. There were a few times where she would get really close to the screen and such or "lock" the viewer in a room with her but there were no funny haha twists like "It was all a dream" or something dumb like that ? I think the ending is worth seeing on its own but Yuko is definitely proving to be one of the top tiers for sure ? She then played something called Running With Rifles which looked kind of weird and I didn't really get what was going on. The last thing she did was play a WWII MP game called Hell Let Loose which looked cool but I guess her internet was giving her a bad time so she had to quit which is a shame.

As a new thing, I also watched some of Rin Penrose from Idol-EN and she has quickly grown on me. Not only is her model quite pretty but she's the only genuine British VTuber I've seen ? Here's her highlights from her debut.

I didn't see her live since she streams at earlier times for me but I watched her VODs which consisted of Wii Sports, Carnival Golf, a collab with Yuko and Fuyo where they played Golf With Your Friends (she seems to like golf ?), and Deus Ex where she would sing the Deus Ex theme a lot but I don't blame her since it is quite catchy ? Between all that and her tomboy personality I would gladly call her my prince ?

The last bit of news was a bit shocking to hear but all of Kawaii Gen 3 have basically been graduated. Here's the official statement from their Twitter as well as a video from other members such as Nene addressing it. I guess they haven't been able to say too much but it sounds like the Gen 3 members went to management about some kind of concerns they had or something they wanted addressed and because it couldn't be met or maybe couldn't be met right away they all removed their schedules at the same time and then quit after that. So basically Sava Safari and whoever else was with her gen are just gone now. Pretty crazy.

• Like 3

There were lots of good Mumei streams this week. She played Passpartout 2, the sequel to that game where you play as a struggling artist and have to make and sell paintings. So of course we got to see some of Mumei's cute and cursed drawings which is always a good thing. ? She didn't play for too long since she's still in poor health, so she only got around to making these four. The one on the bottom right is supposed to be bald Fauna if that wasn't obvious. ?

5DeTKXE.jpg

She played that CouncilRyS RPG which is a pretty well-made fan game which she remarked about it having accurate dialogue. She was doing impressions of the other girls as she read out their lines, so that was funny. I also liked her reaction to Evil Mumei. ? She also played some Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. Not the greatest player, but it was fun watching her regardless. She mentioned in a later stream that she played some more of it afterwards and was doing much better. Then finally there was the glorious Civilization 5 stream. I've wanted her to play a Civ game since she debuted, so it was nice to finally see that happen. She actually put about 80 hours into the game before stream, so she wasn't a complete noob at it. ?

The only IRyS stream I watched this week was the one from last night where she started the campaign for CoD: Modern Warfare (2019). She was playing on the Recruit difficulty and still struggled a bit, often shooting civilians and allies. I guess she does have woman debuff. ? The stream was at a time much earlier than it usually is and apparently that's because she stayed up all night as she's in the process of moving house. She was even drinking Red Bull for the first time to stay awake. ?

Then there's Fauna. I watched her play more Minecraft (it's practically a stable of Mondays now ?). She also got the last ending in FAITH: The Unholy Trinity. As for new stuff, she started Dredge, which is some Lovecraft fishing game. At one point she was getting some ideas about leaving some woman she didn't like in a storage locker. ? I didn't get around to watching the VOD yet (it was streamed early in the morning), but I saw she also played some Phasmophobia with Kaela

After one of Fauna's streams, she raided into Baelz. I usually wouldn't stick around, but she was playing The Typing of The Dead: Overkill. Like man, that game was so ridiculous that I just had to see how it was going to end, even though I really should have gone to bed. ? It's the kind of game that would be considered too crude and offensive in the current year with its humour and character designs, but that's just what made me all the more fascinated with it. ? So yeah, that was really fun. I'm kinda surprised Hololive game the OK on that game lol.

Oh yeah, and Gura did actually stream this week. She played something called Choo-Choo Charles. I did have the stream up for a bit, but I wasn't paying too much attention to it because I believe I had a Pippa stream up as well. I did see she had a pinned comment basically setting expectations that the infrequency of streams is the new normal. I'm just glad she's not my oshi. Chumbuds are basically like abused housewives at this point ?

Now we come to Pippa. She did a rather unusual stream about military uniforms and hygiene regulations. What I gathered from that stream is how a navy shower sounds absolutely miserable, berets are hated by the people who have to wear them, and there's a fierce debate about whether or not facial hair should be allowed in the military. ? My favourite stream of hers this week though has to be the one about Brazil, the place she promised she'd go to if she ever reaches 1 million subs. ? We got to see the Brazilian police's brilliant tactic of taking down a fleeing vehicle by just lighting it up with a minigun from a helicopter in the middle of a public street. ? We also got to learn about how the Confederacy is alive and well in Brazil, because of course it is. ? THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN! 

I don't even know how to describe wtf this is. Brazil, are you okay? ? So yeah, I think the biggest takeaway from all this is that Max Payne 3 was a pretty accurate depiction of Brazil after all lol. The Pippa stream from last night was one where she talked about weird fetishes. She talked about the weird food-related stuff on TikTok that's allowed because it's not explicitly sexual, "pony play", and necrophilia, before diving into Reddit Moments™️ on "Am I the Asshole?". Basically just a bunch of fetish-related scenarios where she'd do polls on how we thought was in the right. She also did a Minecraft stream this week where she competed with other viewers on a server. It's been unlisted now, probably because of her enthusiastic support of white team and her declaration of "WHITE TOWER! ✊" (a reference to the infamous Gura and Shion moment but it's something those Twitter freaks will take out of context). ?

Not much Yuko this week. I think she did one other stream on someone else's channel, but the only one I watched was her playing Rust with viewers. Some funny moments in that like how someone snuck into her base without her noticing, locked the door, and reinforced the walls so she couldn't get back in. ?

And finally, I actually watched some Lumi this week since she did a stream on YouTube. She was playing that Dredge game Fauna also played. It didn't take long from me joining before she started being based, talking about how the old internet was better because you were actually allowed to say offensive things. It's all so sterile and lame these days, at least as far as the mainstream sites go. I really should watch Lumi more.

• Like 4

Barely had time to watch anything, but I got to see multiple Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 streams which were all great, and culminated in the tournament stream on Pekora's channel (there were 230k people watching at some point):

But before that, I saw Korone's practice stream where she showed her Tetris skills, she's really good at it. And then Pekora's practice stream (I don't know why she was practicing, but I'm not complaining).

After watching all of that, I think this might be one of the most unfair games ever, lol. If you're playing Puyo Puyo vs Tetris, the only way you can have a chance of winning on the Tetris side is having an unexperienced opponent and doing stuff like setting up T-spins back-to-back. At least that the impression I've got after watching.

Marine was destroying at Puyo Puyo, and had a match with Suisei AKA the Tetris Goddess after the tournament. There's been a lot of quality Tetris gameplay, but Suisei was just flexing with her speed. She lost, nevertheless ?. 

Korone had a stream right after the tournament too, and the funniest part was the bear character and his voice lines.

Edit: speaking of Pekora, I heard she's become the most watched female streamer. So congrats to her, well desreved. Her streams are always fun.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Slava said:

After watching all of that, I think this might be one of the most unfair games ever, lol. If you're playing Puyo Puyo vs Tetris, the only way you can have a chance of winning on the Tetris side is having an unexperienced opponent and doing stuff like setting up T-spins back-to-back. At least that the impression I've got after watching.

Marine was destroying at Puyo Puyo, and had a match with Suisei AKA the Tetris Goddess after the tournament. There's been a lot of quality Tetris gameplay, but Suisei was just flexing with her speed. She lost, nevertheless ?.

That reminds me of this video. ?

It's impressive how long Suisei was able to hold on during that match. She even managed to recover when the garbage was filling the whole screen except that one line at the top! Marine played well too. Certainly better than I am at Puyo Puyo. ?

1 hour ago, Slava said:

Edit: speaking of Pekora, I heard she's become the most watched female streamer. So congrats to her, well desreved. Her streams are always fun.

Oh yeah, I heard about that as well. It's nice to see Pekora beat out e-thots like Amouranth just with pure charisma and skill as an entertainer. ? I always have fun when I tune into one of her streams, even when I don't understand much of what she's saying. I think that just speaks to how good she is. Perhaps even more impressive though is that 6 of the top 10 are from Hololive. Fleshtubers simply cannot compete. ?

rWih7Xo.jpg

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

Gura sort of came back to stream. She finished off that Choo Choo Charles game and then Baldi's Basics the day after. I don't really know what compelled her to play Baldi's Basics because it was just the same thing for three hours and all the let's players like Markiplier milked it years ago. So knowing she came back just to stream those two things is disappointing however she did say she would probably play Fallout: New Vegas which would be nice however I'm not going to get my hopes up that she will play it let alone play it long enough to beat it ?

Meanwhile Fauna started off with BioShock 2. The first stream didn't go so well because she was having framerate issues and had to be a png and then at some point I guess her fire alarm acted up and went off for some reason. Thankfully nothing bad happened but her cat Snail was anxious after it so she went to snuggle with him to calm down on top of the stream acting up anyway. The second stream went a lot better with no issues. More Minecraft Monday too and then she streamed her POV with her, Mumei, Gura, Kiara, and Ina fighting the Wither. The next day she spoiled us with two streams in one day one of which was Papa's Freezeria Deluxe which I guess is some Flash game where you make milkshakes for customers and play other mini-games. There's surprisingly a lot of variety to it ? After that she played Dredge some more because she enjoys fishin'.

No Civilization V from Mumei this week unfortunately since it was mostly just Minecraft (1) (2) but it sounds like she intends to stream more so hopefully next week. Along with that IRyS also came back to stream Minecraft too since she's done moving for now but she said she will have to move again soon.

Pippa did a stream where she opened Pokemon card packs featuring a surprise guest from the ants that crawl on her desk because she leaves opened food and drinks everywhere ? There was one point where she for some reason got talked into bending a deck and wound up bending good cards apparently and did a funnee scream. The day after she did one where it was a "Would you press the button?" type stuff and a lot of the catches either didn't make sense or were no-brainers like "You can bring someone you love back from the dead but in ten years you will be condemned to Hell for eternity" like gee a temporary gain for eternal torment? What a bargain! After that she did a collab with Lia where it was supposed to be about them talking about fashion but they mostly just shit-talked each others bad habits and what clothes they wear in public ?

Then she did a stream where she made like a chatbot that you can program and she tried making like a paranoid federal agent bot as well as another FlaVR member and tried to get her to "sing" random stuff with mixed results. There was one point where one of the bots started mentioning conspiracy theories that would definitely get it shut down ? The last thing she did was watch dashcam videos where it was like "Top X Scariest Dashcam Videos" with one of them being from the great Chills himself. She also watched a couple videos about people that have their in-home security cameras and Ring cameras get hacked among other camera footage of people getting stalked and such. The lesson she got from it was basically everyone is evil and out to get you ?

The only other Phase Member I watched was Tenma since she has VODs from when she played the game called Pizza Tower. I guess it's a game based on Wario Land but I listened to the soundtrack to it and I like how schizophrenic it looks ? I hope Hololive get permission to play it at some point since I would like to see how they react to it. The only other bit of news is Idol-EN are having a new group of cheeky brats new generation coming soon, so I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3

This week was fairly light, mostly on the account of Pippa being deathly ill, so there wasn't much from her outside of a collab I'll mention later. 

Both Mumei and Fauna played Dredge, with Fauna actually beating the game. She couldn't stop making puns. ? Mumei got back to playing Civ 5. She restarted on a new save, so she got to meet Gandhi all over again which she was pretty ecstatic about. ? She also made this speech at one point with the epic music in the background. The Civ streams are always a lot of fun. ? Outside of a members-only karaoke practice from Mumei and another Minecraft stream from Fauna, that was about all I watched from Hololive this week. I did see IRyS played some Super Mario World which was cool, but it overlapped with something else I was watching at the time, so I didn't catch it. 

Yuko had some good streams. She played that Warhammer Vermintide game, but it looked pretty generic, and I don't really know anything about the lore. ? She finished Half-Life. I'm kind of surprised she actually stuck with it until the end since she's known to drop games a lot after playing them once. Lots of funny moments in that, like how she'd quicksave a second before she died, and then she'd have to try and escape the death loop. ? Then finally, there was this Starbucks-themed zatsu stream where she recounted the horrors of working retail. She told us about this schizo colleague she worked with who was basically trying to induct her into a cult, and she went a long with it for a while because she was interested to see where it would go. ? She also told us about this creepy guy who handed her a 100 dollar bill for something that was like $10, and then while she was getting his change, he made her really uncomfortable by talking about how nice her voice was and that she should come over to his "recording studio". Long story short, he said the change her gave her was wrong, she handed over a load more money just to get him to leave, and then she got bonked by her manager because the till was missing money. What a shitty situation.

I watched Lumi play some Jurassic World Evolution and a few clips of her. In one, she learned about testicular torsion, and was rather amused by it. ? There was also this one where she proved herself to be a pure maiden. ?

I watched quite a lot of Airi this week because she did multiple streams where she played Honkai: Star Rail, which is that new game from miHoYo (Genshin Impact devs). She was really hyped for it, and had previously played the Beta, so it was interesting learning about the game from her. She also did a stream where she talked about old anime that she was nostalgic for, although the VOD for that is gone now, likely because it got DMCA'd multiple times because she was playing the anime openings. ?

Final thing to talk about from Phase Connect was the Mahjong Soul collab with Pippa, Airi, Tenma, and Lia. That was pure chaos. ? To start off with, they played the gacha to see how many of the new Code Geass characters they could get. The loser would have to eat spicy noodles. So Pippa ended up getting Kallen like 2 or 3 times who's a character she doesn't like (boo!), after which she cheated by spending like $60 to get more chances. She ended up getting 3 or the 4 characters in the end, but the other girls found out about her cheating, so she was made to eat them at the end of the stream which probably didn't help with her illness. ? In the end though, they all ended up doing it. Oh yeah, and in addition to that, the loser of each round had to spin a wheel which had different punishments on it. Just a very masochistic stream all around. ? I also enjoyed the banter between them, especially when Tenma was involved. She's really funny. I should check out more of her streams. I had this clip of her recommended to me after that collab. She's rather cheeky.

Also, I figured I'd just mention the VShojo drama since it was pretty big news in the VTuber space this week. Veibae and Silvervale both left the company. I can't really speak to why Veibae left, but I have to assume that Silvervale left because of what happened with the whole Hogwarts Legacy situation. It must suck to be a part of a company where most of the members didn't really stick up for you when you were being harassed, and then there's Froot who was only egging it on. I saw this clip of Silvervale which was pretty telling. It doesn't sound like she's friends with Ironmouse either. Pretty wild. EDIT: And now I see the pink woman has left as well. bruh... ?

Shondo is a menace to society. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

On 30.04.2023 at 6:44 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Veibae and Silvervale both left the company.

Nyanners left as well.

Watched two streams. Both on Korone's channel. She finished her SM64 120 star playthrough. The whole thing was entertaining, hard to pick moments that stood out, too many. 

And this old SNES game I've never heard of called Super Wagyan Land 2. It's a platformer where you play as a cute robot dinosaur. And play mini-games between levels. Great stream as well, cool that she went after all secrets in the game.

Edit: just saw this cool looking Hololive fighting game - https://twitter.com/IdolShowdown/status/1652086792366051329

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3