Level 50 grind

Lanky-Lemon

Just discovered a little tip for anyone else grinding out level 50, not seen it posted in any of the grinding guides.

So I was having trouble winning the Blue Moon Bay oval ring race in an N300 Ford GT, the LaFerrari and McLaren F1 in particular were making the race quite tight for me.

But as I'm sure many of you will know, the cars used by rival AI competitors change, more specifically they change when you back out of the race and enter it again from the GT cup menus. Through this I've found that you can keep resetting the line-up until the lead car is the rather modest Ferrari F40 which is much easier to pass and do so cleanly for the extra bonus.

Once you've loaded into the pre-race screen and see the F40 there without the LaFerrari or McLaren, you're good to go and as long as you don't back all the way out to the GT cups menu again, it will always be that same grid with a relatively easy to beat F40 against your N300 car of choice.

• Like 2

@Lanky-Lemon It's a great way to get this win, but how is it a good way to grind lvl 50 ?

How many XP do you have with this race and in how many time ?

That would be great to have this informations to compare with others way to grind and see which one is the best ^^

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seblegamer said:

@Lanky-Lemon It's a great way to get this win, but how is it a good way to grind lvl 50 ?

That would be great to have this informations to compare with others way to grind and see which one is the best ^^

When your car is at N300 I believe it's around 5,500 exp for a normal win, ~8,000 exp for a clean race. Takes like 12 minutes to complete a race.

Was really inconsistent for me before discovering this little tactic to ensure I got the F40 every time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24.6.2020 at 3:37 PM, seblegamer said:

If my information is correct, you need ~2.35 million EXP to get to level 50. If all of your races would be clean (which definetly won't be the case, I'm struggling with It myself) you would have to win 285 races, when starting from Level 0, which isn't possible because I think you need Level 30 to access this race, but that's just 76.000 EXP into the process [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-much-xp-do-you-need-to-advance-to-next-driver-level.364538/]. 285 races × 12 minutes = 3.420 minutes ÷ 60 = 57 hours of pure driving in circles. Now assuming that only half of your races are clean, [(8.250 EXP + 5.500 EXP) ÷ 2 = 6.875 EXP], this number would rise up to 68 hours. What a terrible trophy to have in an online focused racing game, where online races don't give any EXP (I saw that someone calculated that you'd have to drive >5.000 races in Sport Mode to get to level 50: [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/help-for-level-50.379432/#post-12376699]).

PS: I hope I used the correct numbers for EXP gained in the race

Edited by Filipp-S
Calculations were slightly off
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Filipp-S said:

If my information is correct, you need ~2.35 million EXP to get to level 50. If all of your races would be clean (which definetly won't be the case, I'm struggling with It myself) you would have to win 285 races, when starting from Level 0, which isn't possible because I think you need Level 30 to access this race, but that's just 76.000 EXP into the process [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-much-xp-do-you-need-to-advance-to-next-driver-level.364538/]. 285 races × 12 minutes = 3.420 minutes ÷ 60 = 57 hours of pure driving in circles. Now assuming that only half of your races are clean, [(8.250 EXP + 5.500 EXP) ÷ 2 = 6.875 EXP], this number would rise up to 68 hours. What a terrible trophy to have in an online focused racing game, where online races don't give any EXP (I saw that someone calculated that you'd have to drive >5.000 races in Sport Mode to get to level 50: [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/help-for-level-50.379432/#post-12376699]).

PS: I hope I used the correct numbers for EXP gained in the race

Thx a lot for all this :)

I stopped playing it when i got online wins ... but i need to motivate myself to go back to it and get the 322 races ... and lvl 50 >.<

• Like 1

On 24 June 2020 at 11:16 PM, Lanky-Lemon said:

Just discovered a little tip for anyone else grinding out level 50, not seen it posted in any of the grinding guides.

So I was having trouble winning the Blue Moon Bay oval ring race in an N300 Ford GT, the LaFerrari and McLaren F1 in particular were making the race quite tight for me.

But as I'm sure many of you will know, the cars used by rival AI competitors change, more specifically they change when you back out of the race and enter it again from the GT cup menus. Through this I've found that you can keep resetting the line-up until the lead car is the rather modest Ferrari F40 which is much easier to pass and do so cleanly for the extra bonus.

Once you've loaded into the pre-race screen and see the F40 there without the LaFerrari or McLaren, you're good to go and as long as you don't back all the way out to the GT cups menu again, it will always be that same grid with a relatively easy to beat F40 against your N300 car of choice.

Just wondering if anyone could confirm whether or not grinding this race on Blue Moon Bay will contribute to the kms needed for King Of The Ovals trophy? I've tried to do some research but I've found conflicting information. Some people say they got the trophy from doing this specific race, however others have claimed they did not. Has anyone here earned that trophy from this race?? Thanks!

(Great method by the way! My partner used this when I showed him. He already had King Of The Ovals though so couldn't confirm either way on my question.).

*EDIT* In case anyone is wondering, I tried doing the 806km by doing this race 17 times, and it did NOT unlock King Of The Ovals trophy for me. So now I don't know whether the track was the problem or if the GT League mode is the problem. Or both. I guess I'll have to try grinding on another track in Arcade or Time Trial mode now...*sigh*.

Edited by A_Tennis_Giraffe

Cheers for this, and as someone said what a dreadful trophy to get when its so heavily focused online and onlines xp is dreadful. Horrible when you spend a full day on it and you Don't even go up 1 rank haha, ahh well only 7 more ranks to go.

Worst bit is i believe when you get to level 45 your technically only half way to level 50, which is awful. It might even be higher than 45 actually i remember reading it ages ago and just thinking no way haha!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

For anyone doing the X2014 Nations Cup Race 5 event, I have a good tip. If you tune the car in a specific way, you can actually go around 380km along the straight, and nearly 400km when in a slipstream, and you can shave off a couple seconds each lap which can lead to consistent times just under 8 minutes for 4300xp. A minor change, but every second counts. Here's the video I used as a guide (note that he uses mph, so for anyone using kmh like me, quickly change the unit to mph to follow the tune and then you can change the unit back after):

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if the game has keyboard support? Maybe we could fix the return key, if this restarts the Race. Then run the blue moon bay with the mclaren f1 and fixed controller with rubberband can give 2640xp every 12 mins. That would be a nice afk method to earn level 50.

I did something similar in GT5 and therefor it worked pretty nice.

30 minutes ago, ellileon said:

Anybody know if the game has keyboard support? Maybe we could fix the return key, if this restarts the Race. Then run the blue moon bay with the mclaren f1 and fixed controller with rubberband can give 2640xp every 12 mins. That would be a nice afk method to earn level 50.

I did something similar in GT5 and therefor it worked pretty nice.

After the race you need to exit and try again which is bothersome if I need to do that every 12 min. 

8250exp for 12 mins is still the fastest method.

Edited by Ptirle

I use rubber band trick with McLaren F1 ’94 set for N700 class for easy 3520 AFK xp / 12 minutes. Has not failed me once. Set steering very slightly to right, maybe try to get F40 as your first opponent (in the list) for easier wins. Good luck for platinum hunt, I’m out after lvl 40 trophy. 

• Like 1