Which PS3 or PS4 game that you were excited about never got made?

On 6/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, Kristen Danielle said:

Mine are Dante's Purgatorio and Dante's Paradiso for PS3. I have read through the entirety of the original poem Inferno by the real Dante Alighieri (translated from Italian) and I've been meaning to pick up Purgatorio and Paradiso as well. I love that the poem is an allegory of the process by which a human soul is saved by grace (from a Catholic point of view, anyhow) and at the end of Dante's Inferno for PS3, it shows the mount of purgatory from the second part of the poem and says "to be continued." Unfortunately, however, Visceral Games went under and we never got to see the second or third game, which really is a crying shame because the poem is phenomenal and is considered an epic. I also really enjoyed the look and feel of the game. The artists did a great job on Satan's appearance and the voice acting for him was superb, in my opinion. I could see how it might be less fun for someone who is not a Christian, though. Another of the games I really wanted was Banjo-Threeie for the N64 or Gamecube. What are some of yours?

This, absolutely.  I’m not sure how the license issue goes for Dante’s Inferno, but...to not finish this story is such a tragedy.  You’ve got me here thinking about what a PS5 version for the rest of Dante’s poems would look like.  Damn.  ?

Great thread, Kristen!  ?

2 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

This, absolutely.  I’m not sure how the license issue goes for Dante’s Inferno, but...to not finish this story is such a tragedy.  You’ve got me here thinking about what a PS5 version for the rest of Dante’s poems would look like.  Damn.  1f633.png

Great thread, Kristen!  1f601.png

Thanks! I totally agree. Imagine Heaven (Paradiso) on PS5! ?

On 26.6.2020 at 7:57 AM, Stand_User3 said:

I was really hoping that Rockstar would release another Midnight Club game. Midnight Club 3 is still my favourite racing game to this day.

Same for me, the customization in MNC 3 is the best ive ever seen in a racing game.  Midnight Club: LA wasnt that good

• Like 1

Shadow of the Eternals. (I think if it would've succeed on Kickstarter, we would play it on PS3 or PS4. I think this counts as a cancelled game.) 
Kurayami (Suda51) - Bring it back! 
Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun. It's one of my favorite series! Such shame that it never got to see the light of day.  I wish that they would release a HD remastered of the original trilogy.
Wet 2: Double Feature. I know not many people liked the first one, but it was my guilty pleasure. 
The Getaway 3! I enjoyed the first one so much on PS2 and was huge disappointed that it never came to PS3. 
Prince of Persia Redemption. I literally found out about it a few weeks ago and I can't believe that it got cancelled!
HiTech (Not so much information on it, but from what I can remember, it did look fun.)
InSANE created by Guillermo del Toro but it turned out to be cancelled for no reason! 
Deep Down, Heavenly Sword 2, Darkwatch 2, Possession, and one earliest cancelled game I saw back in 2006 that was supposed to be coming for PS3. I can't remember what it was called at all. I think it was a Sci-Fi FPS shooter you play on the moon. 

11 minutes ago, r3viladdict said:

Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun. It's one of my favorite series! Such shame that it never got to see the light of day.  I wish that they would release a HD remastered of the original trilogy.

Indeed. At this point, a remaster, rather than a remake, would be all that is possible because Tony Jay (Elder God and Mortanius) has passed away.

On 6/26/2020 at 0:04 AM, Kristen Danielle said:

I've never really played space or alien video games, but as far as movies go, I absolutely love The Chronicles of Riddick films. Vin Diesel does a phenomenal job in that role. If you like space, you should totally check them out. 

Pitch Black (2000)

The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)

Riddick (2013)

Riddick 4: Furya (Not Yet Filmed)

Did you ever watch the animated ones?

I was really hoping for a new Brothers In Arms game from Gearbox. I know they had plans for a whimsical spin off that sort of evolved into Battleborn but the first two are among the best WW2 shooters ever made. Hell's Highway was good but not quite up to par with its predecessors. The story wasn't concluded, dammit! 

Also Dead Space 4. There's still a chance to redeem the series, even if Visceral is no more.

8 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Man. I haven't seen those, but they look awesome. Vin Diesel is my guilty pleasure. lol

Definitely worth checking out :)

Also GotG is one my favourite films of this decade. I don't really like the MCU (I just find them too goofy) but Guardians is amazing :D. So the fact that they felt the need to pay a voice actor like Vin Diesel to say the same 3 words over and over is awesome

tumblr_ooxzlj9QNh1rtfniro1_500.gif

On 26/6/2020 at 1:43 AM, Conzi2008 said:

I was anticipating a TimeSplitters 4 on PS3. Loved 2 and Future Perfect. After the flop that was Haze my dreams were crushed!

Fortunately for me, there seems to finally be talks about a new TimeSplitters sometime in the future, but it's been a long wait!

On 26/6/2020 at 4:41 AM, seblegamer said:

This one !

I really loved Timesplitters 2 (a little less Future Perfect but still great ^^)

So obviously i would love to see TS 4 coming some day ... but after many rumors and news about it, still nothing =/

Absolutely! A system seller for me!

There were rumors about a project for a multiplayer-only version of it (TimeSplitters Rewind, if I recall it right), which would include TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect.

It never got made, though. Or at least, green-lit by EA/Crytek, whichever owns the IP now.

21 minutes ago, Lan Stee said:

Also Dead Space 4. There's still a chance to redeem the series, even if Visceral is no more.

I miss Visceral. ? I have to say that they did an excellent job with Dante's Inferno. When your source material is the Bible and a 14th Century poem that is considered an epic in all circles of literature lovers, you have a lot riding on your game design and I think they nailed it. Sure, it was a slash and hack game, but the visuals! ?

Final Fantasy versus Xiii for me, when they announced the three xiii games together this had me the most excited. Unfortunately being morphed into XV I think the original concept and design were lost. I would have liked to play Nomuras original vision.

Also Amy Henning’s Star Wars project, based on her work on the legacy of kain  games and uncharted series I feel we probably missed out on something quite special here

Not sure if this was going to ever be for consoles... but Starcraft:Ghost, was supposed to be a FPS, or 3rd Person Shooter where you assumed the role of a Ghost from Starcraft. (I was working at GameStop when it was first announced... made a killing off of preorders for this game, and then... it never happened.)