Epic is basically not supporting this game anymore

OmegaRejectz

8 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

However, as a trophy list as DLC isn't required. I played a game called Driveclub which included 2 different, yet the same game in a single bundle. Hence, 2 trophy lists for the sake of only one. But honestly, if they want to keep their almost dead player base in recent times, they should betray that freaking anxiety for grinding achievements (like Seriously on Gears of War) and add for all us who departed their game, LOL. 

Indeed, forgot about that. I did platinum for Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes some time ago. It had one entry in the library allowing to select between base game and bikes addon after you launch it, just like Fortnite does with STW/BR/Creative and had two separate trophy lists with separate platinum for each one.

I'm wondering what they will do with PS5 Fortnite trophies. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EIdain said:

Saw this coming a long way off. It was an interesting concept, but it still needed a lot of work and I guess with the popularity of the BR they decided their resources were better spent elsewhere, which is fair enough. Not interested in grinding for the 5 trophies I'm missing for the platinum, it would make me miserable, the time investment just isn't worth it.

As someone who has and (with the hope they'll be fixed eventually) is continuing to grind out these trophies, I can assure you that yes it would make you miserable and that the time investment isn't worth it.

16 minutes ago, Gethron said:

As someone who has and (with the hope they'll be fixed eventually) is continuing to grind out these trophies, I can assure you that yes it would make you miserable and that the time investment isn't worth it.

? Good luck to you.

9 hours ago, EIdain said:

? Good luck to you.

Currently at 9,602/10,000 survivors saved, 18,759/20,000 mist monsters defeated, 999/1,000 play with others completed, and I'm all the way through the Twine Peaks "story line" (lol) with storm shield defense 6 as my current main mission. I figure I'm about 50 missions away from the platinum - well, if trophies weren't broken. That's about 17 hours, not counting load times and the materials I still need to finish putting traps around my final storm amplifier. And knowing it all might be a waste because Epic might never fix trophies isn't helping my motivation any.

Edited by Gethron

On 21/08/2020 at 3:04 AM, Gethron said:

Currently at 9,602/10,000 survivors saved, 18,759/20,000 mist monsters defeated, 999/1,000 play with others completed, and I'm all the way through the Twine Peaks "story line" (lol) with storm shield defense 6 as my current main mission. I figure I'm about 50 missions away from the platinum - well, if trophies weren't broken. That's about 17 hours, not counting load times and the materials I still need to finish putting traps around my final storm amplifier. And knowing it all might be a waste because Epic might never fix trophies isn't helping my motivation any.

I've done all the campaign related stuff and all the storm shields, but I'm not even close on the grindy stuff like the play with others, etc. I think I'm only about 20-30% into them. I had a bit of help from friends whilst playing the game so I didn't have to do as much grinding and farming for resources whilst working through it. It would take me hundreds of hours to get the platinum. Like I said, too many other games I'd rather play than make myself suffer through that tedious stuff.

On 18/08/2020 at 4:03 PM, Xenoblast91 said:

Yes. 

Challenge accepted. GT Sport & FFXIV are awaiting me, LOL. 

The thing that personally pisses me off about, is that Epic never cared to put trophies for Battle Royale. For Apex Legends, Activision did. For Hyper Scape, Ubisoft did! For Dauntless, Tera and many other F2P games, companies did it! They even have a Platinum! But for their pay version for a game they don't give a F... I played more than anything that thing and they refuse to add a simple list just to keep their freaking player base (despite a trophy/achievement list aside like many other games feature, and could gather more people they neglect the opportunity... but, hey! Again, they don't couldn't care less). Yes, BR is swarmed by children and annoying (mostly trolls) people who only play for sake of their egos, but it gave me a relief from time to time and I find it fun, specially with friends. Smh. 

And now they even lack the decency to warn that you won't be able to get trophies in the only available mode from their hen that lays golden eggs. Really, that is unfortunate.

They well end up fixing next year lol

On 7/31/2020 at 2:04 PM, Koru said:

A fix seems very likely.
Most of the other Save the world bugs went from "under investigation" to "fixed in the next update" today... except the trophies.

Updates are 2-3 weeks apart so if trophies don't get fixed next Tuesday/Wednesday, my guess is there's a good chance it'll happen in August's second update. We'll see.

Looks like the trophies will be fixed in the next game update as I predicted and the new season will start tomorrow. I hope they don't mess this up!

https://trello.com/c/zqtqZQFy/1398-ps4-trophies-not-being-awarded-correctly

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Koru said:

Looks like the trophies will be fixed in the next game update as I predicted and the new season will start tomorrow. I hope they don't mess this up!

Good to see. Epic isn't a great company but they do have a history of fixing their trophies.
People panic far too easily haha.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Finally I'll be able to complete my twine peaks SSD6

You and me both. I'll just need to farm materials to craft traps to finish my defense. And then finish grinding out my last survivors and mist monsters before Epic has an opportunity to break trophies again. ?

I'm a bit late to this party but what trophies r bugged? This is on my list of games to go back to as I have all the grindy trophies left (1,000 play with others, explore map 1,500, 10,000 survivors n whatever # I need for building). R these or 1 of these bugged?

2 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

I'm a bit late to this party but what trophies r bugged? This is on my list of games to go back to as I have all the grindy trophies left (1,000 play with others, explore map 1,500, 10,000 survivors n whatever # I need for building). R these or 1 of these bugged?

The entire list is now unobtainable, because one of the patches broke every single trophy trigger :(.

16 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

On the trello board, the developers say they've fixed the trophy issue with the next game update. No clue when the next game update is gonna be though.

13 minutes ago, Gethron said:

You and me both. I'll just need to farm materials to craft traps to finish my defense. And then finish grinding out my last survivors and mist monsters before Epic has an opportunity to break trophies again. 1f605.png

I have only 44% survivors and 35% play with others, and I had x10 more time for games this summer due to pandemic. Never thought I'll miss those Far Cry 2 days when boosting was so fast and easy.. Wait, oh shit...

12 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The entire list is now unobtainable, because one of the patches broke every single trophy trigger :(.

Also there is a chance that "All together now" is completely unobtainable now, luckily I got the trophy but I haven't seen that quest on rotation during this summer at all, many report they didn't see it either. Who knows, maybe they'll fix it too in upcoming patch but this quest had gone long before they broke all the other trophies. So we are all screwed with the second region platinum if they won't fix it.

• 3 months later...

I bought the ultimate edition (the 200$ one) for both me and my partner at the time 3-4 years ago because it was one of the few games with PC-PS4 crossplay... then BR released and I slowly watched what I viewed as a very mediocre gamemode at the time dwarf the game I'd dropped hundreds on. It's disappointing, to say the least, that a game with such massive potential was treated like this. I can't believe they're not even going to finish the main story. Pretty ridiculous. I wanted to get my current partner into it, but since they even removed the ability to earn V Bucks for non-founders, I may just give up on that altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is in horrible state, it was grindy and tiring all the time but Epic succeeded to make it even worse, now it takes 4+ years literally to get new maximum PL, current Frostnite event is terrible and makes you waste 1.5 hour of your life only to loose in the end because some noob has put traps on burner walls, I'm trying to finish Play With Others trophy in Stonewood and almost all public lobbies are swarmed with dumb trading kids to the point it's getting impossible to start a mission. Once I'm done with the plat and pop it in other region and PS5 I'm going to delete it immediately, RIP. Anyway, it's not like this game has ever been worth even 1% of insane time investment the platinum requires

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

This game is in horrible state, it was grindy and tiring all the time but Epic succeeded to make it even worse, now it takes 4+ years literally to get new maximum PL, current Frostnite event is terrible and makes you waste 1.5 hour of your life only to loose in the end because some noob has put traps on burner walls, I'm trying to finish Play With Others trophy in Stonewood and almost all public lobbies are swarmed with dumb trading kids to the point it's getting impossible to start a mission. Once I'm done with the plat and pop it in other region and PS5 I'm going to delete it immediately, RIP. Anyway, it's not like this game has ever been worth even 1% of insane time investment the platinum requires

You really should be grinding PWO’s with at least 2 other people, the time you’ll save on voting and finding the atlas itself makes such a huge difference. No point in making the grind more tiring than it already is

On 20/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, GraniteSnake said:

You really should be grinding PWO’s with at least 2 other people, the time you’ll save on voting and finding the atlas itself makes such a huge difference. No point in making the grind more tiring than it already is

I know, I did it all solo and now have only like 160 PWO left + Builder trophy and I'm done so I feel like it's too late to search for boosting partners because I usually prefer to stick with the team until everyone gets everything. Won't be able to stick with the team in this case for obvious reasons

On 12/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, KingSkovald said:

I know, I did it all solo and now have only like 160 PWO left + Builder trophy and I'm done so I feel like it's too late to search for boosting partners because I usually prefer to stick with the team until everyone gets everything. Won't be able to stick with the team in this case for obvious reasons

I'm still out here grinding.  Added you, maybe we can link up.  How'd you get 10k survivors before the others?

12 hours ago, langdon said:

I'm still out here grinding.  Added you, maybe we can link up.  How'd you get 10k survivors before the others?

I'm almost done, 50 left so I'll just finish them solo. 10K survivors came before 1000 PWO because I finished main "story line" in twine peaks, reached 131 PL and was playing ventures, events, grinding weeklies etc so couldn't play PWO all the time, it wasn't worth it - STW is dead.