GOAT Collector in 6 weeks. NMS. Here's how:

souijuro833

On 7/31/2020 at 2:18 PM, danrules123 said:

It took me 3 weeks. I spent those 3 weeks working the auction house. For example the last card I got was 7500 and he was worth 80000 MT. I did spend really money in the beginning about 100 dollars. I was hoping to get a card worth a lot of MT but all I got was crap. For those going for this trophy don’t buy packs it’s a waste.  You can buy about 2700 cards with 3-4 million MT I’m estimating. At that point it starts getting expensive so the rest I got from domination and spotlight sims. Lastly I would complete sets and use the tokens for cards. Do Not use tokens for packs get all the cards up.to opals. 

Sadly, this is why these microtransactions won't go away anytime soon. Plenty of people spend hundreds of dollars hoping to get something good. 2K just made $100 off of you and didn't have to do anything. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fiikra75 said:

Can someone describe a precise way to work on the Auction House step by step please ? I see a lot of people telling that we should take advantage of the Auction House but no actual way to do it 

Just check YouTube....  it's not really hard to do.  It's just a grind.  

It's much easier to get cards now because most of them are real cheap to get.  I'm sure 2-3 million MT will get folks maybe 2000 cards right now.  That's how much MT I spent just for getting the standard NBA 19-20 collection.  Just be thankful ball you have to now is get more cards this year.  You don't have to do 12-0 on My team or do other online competitive stuff.  This is the easiest 2k of this generation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fiikra75 said:

Can someone describe a precise way to work on the Auction House step by step please ? I see a lot of people telling that we should take advantage of the Auction House but no actual way to do it 

I found that experimenting with the auction house yourself is far more profitable than following any specific guide. Any guide that mentions specific cards will either quickly become outdated due to market conditions or become saturated with people attempting similar strategies. There are certainly some helpful pointers in those guides, but you'll find specific cards in the auction house that you can capitalize on if you look around. 

Best of luck! 

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IGUnique said:

I actually got the AH working in NL. All you need is a laptop and an ethernet cabel.

You got the vpn trick to work? Some have said it doesnt matter cause accounts are somehow flagged once played in a certain country..

1 hour ago, Royze said:

You got the vpn trick to work? Some have said it doesnt matter cause accounts are somehow flagged once played in a certain country..

No I can tell you they are not flagged. Pinged myself to Germany and worked like a charm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

I found that experimenting with the auction house yourself is far more profitable than following any specific guide. Any guide that mentions specific cards will either quickly become outdated due to market conditions or become saturated with people attempting similar strategies. There are certainly some helpful pointers in those guides, but you'll find specific cards in the auction house that you can capitalize on if you look around. 

Best of luck! 

Exactly. Just waste a little time without profit to find some profitable cards. You'll know no one else is using that card for profit, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to earn anything on it at start. No one will give you info which card to use, because we're already using them. Even youtubers gives you only tip with least profitable cards for them (or when the card is already outdated), because otherwise they won't earn anything for themselves.

Edited by SaviorKIA

• 3 weeks later...

5,5 weeks and I got this. Used all locker codes that were given during last 1,5 months. Missing about 30 cards from domination. Most profit with GO cards on AH. Buying them on lowest possible price, then just placing them on AH for 8-10k more. Only 5 block trophy left. Good luck to all who are still working on collecting cards :) 

4J6j7fJ.jpg

Edited by SaviorKIA

30 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

5,5 weeks and I got this. Used all locker codes that were given during last 1,5 months. Missing about 30 cards from domination. Most profit with GO cards on AH. Buying them on lowest possible price, then just placing them on AH for 8-10k more. Only 5 block trophy left. Good luck to all who are still working on collecting cards :) 

4J6j7fJ.jpg

Congrats!

Got auction house working via vpn. Currently on 600 ish cards. Working on building up some mt so as to try and be able to buy cards for reselling purposes. Profits per 4 hours at 10 to 15k atm.. still a long ways to go

3 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

4J6j7fJ.jpg

Congratulations! I'm still on 1920 cards, haven't figured a way to make real profit on the AH. Tried to maintain the price on a PD card but only got 1k profit per card, not worthy. Still didn't figured out which GO cards i can work with. Long way to go yet.

53 minutes ago, Viqueeeez said:

Congratulations! I'm still on 1920 cards, haven't figured a way to make real profit on the AH. Tried to maintain the price on a PD card but only got 1k profit per card, not worthy. Still didn't figured out which GO cards i can work with. Long way to go yet.

You can actually make thousands per card from just Amethysts or Diamonds. The key is focusing on cards that are not saturated already. Just do some experimentation and it'll work out for you. 

I finally got the GOAT Ultimate Collector after 3 long weeks (NO MONEY SPENT). Seems apparently hard til you find how broken the Auction House is. There's so many ways to trade and multiplicate your MT's (pretty easy compared with the FIFA AH market). I didn't play that much (300 Triple Threat offline games, first domination and half of the second one, and 6 Spotlight Challenges. Just AH all the time when I had around 100k MT. NBA 2K21 is coming and launch at 4 Sept. so that makes the chance to get the trophy will decrease a lot since then. I'm pretty sure many premium cards will disappear, specially Heat Check ones (441 cards on it). So I recommend you guys to go for them first if you started recently.

Now it's time to sell all my collection (I didn't block anything). So if anyone wants some MT (on sale), just DM here or PSN ;)

Edited by I8albert

18 minutes ago, I8albert said:

I finally got the GOAT Ultimate Collector after 3 long weeks (NO MONEY SPENT). Seems apparently hard til you find how broken the Auction House is. There's so many ways to trade and multiplicate your MT's (pretty easy compared with the FIFA AH market). I didn't play that much (300 Triple Threat offline games, first domination and half of the second one, and 6 Spotlight Challenges. Just AH all the time when I had around 100k MT. NBA 2K21 is coming and launch at 4 Sept. so that makes the chance to get the trophy will decrease a lot since then. I'm pretty sure many premium cards will disappear, specially Heat Check ones (441 cards on it). So I recommend you guys to go for them first if you started recently.

It won't be too hard after 2k21 is released. If anything, there will be a gradual decline in supply along with a very large decline in demand. Prices will continue to go down for a period of time before slowly increasing after supply dwindles. Plenty of people will also be on 2k20 until next-gen versions of 2k21 are released. 

1 hour ago, I8albert said:

Now it's time to sell all my collection (I didn't block anything). So if anyone wants some MT, just DM here or PSN ;)

Congrats mate and welcome to the club :)

In the Netherlands platinum is impossible. The Auction House is banned here thanks to the lootbox law. I managed to get 2234 cards though. But this my max I can get. Playing since day 1. Completed all offline modes 100%. And all the VC I earn I buy packs with (only way to get cards in my country) so I am not getting any new cards anymore. Always duplicates that I have to fast sell for nothing. I sold over 20 galaxy opals for nothing. Fuck 2K

Edited by LucienNL

1 hour ago, I8albert said:

Now it's time to sell all my collection (I didn't block anything). So if anyone wants some MT, just DM here or PSN ;)

Hey, are you still keen on donating your MT? My friend only has the GOAT trophy in the way of the plat, but he doesn't have psnprofiles. Told him to DM you on PSN and send you a friend request if you're down to help with these.

Congrats on the insane grind btw. Big props!

Edited by clowve

13 minutes ago, LucienNL said:

In the Netherlands platinum is impossible. The Auction House is banned here thanks to the lootbox law. I managed to get 2234 cards though. But this my max I can get. Playing since day 1. Completed all offline modes 100%. And all the VC I earn I buy packs with (only way to get cards in my country) so I am not getting any new cards anymore. Always duplicates that I have to fast sell for nothing. I sold over 20 galaxy opals for nothing. Fuck 2K

I believe @Royze figured out a solution where you can access the Auction House through a VPN. It can also be accessed through Shareplay if you have a friend access your account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

It won't be too hard after 2k21 is released. If anything, there will be a gradual decline in supply along with a very large decline in demand. Prices will continue to go down for a period of time before slowly increasing after supply dwindles. Plenty of people will also be on 2k20 until next-gen versions of 2k21 are released. 

Is there a big market crash on the way with the release of 2k21, with plenty of cards being sold at minimum price? I've already noted that a few expensive cards are getting easier to snipe at 500-600mt range with the endgame coming. Maybe if this lasts, it will get easier to get all the cards before prices go up again.

I am at around 1800 cards, and I am burned out. I haven't been on in a couple weeks.  This is the last trophy I need for the Platinum.

Problem is, I absolutely loathe MyTeam/UltimateTeam modes.  1.) because I don't care for fantasy style teams.  And 2.)  The modes are the reason we are in the MTX era we are in. The time I spent accruing the 1800 cards, was complete torture.  Almost as if I was being water boarded.

I am just at a loss as to how I am going to get another 1100 or more cards

Edited by NxtDoc
Add info, spell check
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

I am at around 1800 cards, and I am burned out. I haven't been on in a couple weeks.  This is the last trophy I need for the Platinum.

Problem is, I absolutely loathe MyTeam/UltimateTeam modes.  1.) because I don't care for fantasy style teams.  And 2.)  The modes are the reason we are in the MTX era we are in. The time I spent accruing the 1800 cards, was complete torture.  Almost as if I was being water boarded.

Last week I was at like 1800 cards and I am creeping up on 2700 right now. I have only done the first two domination sets and around 150 wins of triple threat offline. Mostly just getting stuff from the AH.

4 hours ago, Viqueeeez said:

Is there a big market crash on the way with the release of 2k21, with plenty of cards being sold at minimum price? I've already noted that a few expensive cards are getting easier to snipe at 500-600mt range with the endgame coming. Maybe if this lasts, it will get easier to get all the cards before prices go up again.

Prices should be low for a while when this happens, but don't count on them being that cheap. If anything, they'll gravitate towards their quicksell price. It doesn't make sense to list a card for less than that, although sometimes you can get lucky and find cards at that price. 

4 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

The grind isn't near as bad if you play the game like an auction house simulator, but if this was your experience with the trophy then I would re-evaluate if it's worth the stress. Either way, you have plenty of time because servers don't close until the end of next year.