Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD

3 hours ago, Darkwing___Duck said:

Still no news about the release for this. :/

Maybe we get something at the Live SMT concert in two weeks, but since it is initially for a japanese audience, i doubt it. But some SMT V news would be much appreciated as well, so I'm just hoping here :D

Yeah im hoping for something too at the concert. But its doubtful i think. 

Well its Q2 2021 supposedly so either way it wont be long. This is gonna fly into the ps4 when i get it. Im just finishing off "nearly platted" games and Tales of Berseria in the mean time. 

14 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Good luck, a pachislot company owns that IP now

That really sucks, especially since that particular pachislot company is the same one that screwed the original SNK over by forcing them into bankruptcy in 2001. :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Good luck, a pachislot company owns that IP now

I actually disagree on the implication it would be hard. All it likely would take is for a studio to pitch making a game in the series where they put up all the costs and the IP owner gets X share of profits. Considering the IP is worth zero to the company, it's free money and if it fails then who cares. 

As for why a studio would ever do such a thing? Simple enough. Attention. If you make a new IP as a new studio it could very well get drowned out and no one is made aware of it. Now, you take a property with a name and following and it helps put your name out there so when you do make and push your new IP you have those people built in to help promote it. 

9 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

I actually disagree on the implication it would be hard. All it likely would take is for a studio to pitch making a game in the series where they put up all the costs and the IP owner gets X share of profits. Considering the IP is worth zero to the company, it's free money and if it fails then who cares. 

As for why a studio would ever do such a thing? Simple enough. Attention. If you make a new IP as a new studio it could very well get drowned out and no one is made aware of it. Now, you take a property with a name and following and it helps put your name out there so when you do make and push your new IP you have those people built in to help promote it. 

It's not that it is hard, it's the fact that Universal Entertainment Corporation that owns the IP doesn't do video games anymore. The last time they released something was 2010 for the NDS. They only do slot machines and pachislot 

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's not that it is hard, it's the fact that Universal Entertainment Corporation that owns the IP doesn't do video games anymore. The last time they released something was 2010 for the NDS. They only do slot machines and pachislot 

Well, that was my point. They don't need to and the fact they don't only supports them being open to allowing someone else to do so. Companies that actually do games may have IPs that they don't use but the thought of "We may want to in future" is always in the back of their mind. A company like the one you talked about does not have that issue.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:28 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

So is this ever coming out or what? Lol

Seriously, this came out in Japan in July 2020 and you’re telling me they can’t manage to localize it in 8 months??

*Hopefully releasing WHEN ITS READY. I mean we all know what happens when dev's rush things... not naming names buuuuut err if SAY they released oh i dont know.... SMT: PUNK Noctune 2077 and it was full of bugs and crap voiceovers and localisation was obviously rushed, i'd be a bit miffed ?

Plus theres been a pandemic. So most game devs have an excuse.

Buuuut i do feel ya. It HAS been a while. Its just my backlog is huge so i dont feel the pain of waiting for games that much.  Hang in there!

On 3/7/2021 at 4:22 PM, Baker said:

A Shadow Hearts 1&2 Remaster 1f60d.png.

PUMP IT INTO MY VEINS

The first 2 Shadow Hearts for me are on par with DDS1/2. Hell yeah it needs a little revival. If Nocturne does well, i reckon we all pepper Atlus to buy the Shadow Hearts IP. 

Oh and to keep it on topic, i wonder if us Europeans are gonna get it called "Lucifers Call" again?

Oh and did you know, the main char is apparently inspired by the Cronenburg film "Videodrome" AND Red Hot Chili Peppers fashions from the 90s. Lmao!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

PUMP IT INTO MY VEINS

The first 2 Shadow Hearts for me are on par with DDS1/2. Hell yeah it needs a little revival. If Nocturne does well, i reckon we all pepper Atlus to buy the Shadow Hearts IP. 

Oh and to keep it on topic, i wonder if us Europeans are gonna get it called "Lucifers Call" again?

Oh and did you know, the main char is apparently inspired by the Cronenburg film "Videodrome" AND Red Hot Chili Peppers fashions from the 90s. Lmao!

I prefer SH over DDS.

But as with more of those old school JRPGs I only played DDS1. I didn’t even know it was half a game at the time. So I would rather like a DDS remaster than a SH one. I already played SH1, but especially 2, too many times.

I liked the first two installments of the Shadow Hearts IP, but the third game was trash; it's as if the creators of the third Shadow Hearts game had a checklist of things that went into the first two entries and simply went down the thing as they built it.  Trying to copy facets of the first two games that worked well rather than design a coherent whole that fit in that world -- ignoring the forest for the sake of individual trees, as it were.

Not to mention that the third game didn't really seem (to me) to have the dark atmosphere and story of the first two.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:25 AM, acasser said:

I liked the first two installments of the Shadow Hearts IP, but the third game was trash; it's as if the creators of the third Shadow Hearts game had a checklist of things that went into the first two entries and simply went down the thing as they built it.  Trying to copy facets of the first two games that worked well rather than design a coherent whole that fit in that world -- ignoring the forest for the sake of individual trees, as it were.

Not to mention that the third game didn't really seem (to me) to have the dark atmosphere and story of the first two.

Agree 100%. I know the 3rd game was subtitled "From the New World" or something so i had a feeling at the time, it was gonna be a farcry from 1 and 2. I mean i wont spoil the story for 1 and 2 but it was perfect. The 3rd was unnecessary imo. 

@Baker

Yeah 2 games! I got the soundtrack with the 2nd one. Altho my hope is if they do a remaster/port/rewhatever they blend them into 1 game. Heat was a bitch in 1 and then even more of a bitch to Obtain in 2. Yet he was probably my favourite character. Bring it on Atlus, we all know you want to remaster it....

30 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Releasing on May 25, 2021 in the West

https://personacentral.com/smt-iii-nocturne-hd-release-date/

That date would work quite well for me (1 week before my birthday). 

The constant silence is really annoying... Was expecting for them to give us a solid release date about a month after P5S release (to not split the interest of the community). 

• Like 2