Updates don't work anymore :(

kareha_
Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

Is it just me, who cannot update his profile right now?

EDIT:

I looked up my logs, it seems that the interface to the ps servers died around Sep 25 07:09:00 UTC (about an hour ago)

Hope there are only some updates going on.. :-/

The only thing that work for now is getting the jid and the general profile information.

Edited by kareha_

Sony's maintenance is done....as all PSN function are online. I can see my trophies from the official Sony PSN page as well....

I don't know maybe the maintenance broke something and psnprofiles among other 3rd party site have problems...

I have problem with the android app, ps3trophies too...

Sony's site would of course be functioning correctly as they have there API and can do whatever they please with it.

3rd party sites use this API to display our trophy data, the thing is, this API is not publicly available for everyone to use, and since the site owner does not want to 'hack/crack' his way to use it, would have to somehow manage to use it, short of asking for the password for it, which would never happen.

Apparently some other sites have figured out a workaround so psnprofiles shouldn't be too far behind.

Patience is a virtue :)

• Like 3

some have complained of sony's 'hardfisted' approach of not sharing API to 3rd party sites....

however, after the 2011 psn hack (AKA the biggest hack in computer history at that time), i can kinda see sony getting extreme stringent about it....

if i am the business leader at SCE, i wouldn't want to share it too...

so subjectively, i can see why 3rd party trophy tracking sites are pissed..

but objectively, i can see sony's POV as well....

(p.s I am IT Admin by profession so i will also kinda side with the corporation than the user's side :P so i guess that wasn't really that 'objective')

• Like 1

Always seems to happen when some of us are on a "trophy hotstreak" for lack of a better term. I've picked up over 20 trophies including a Plat in the last 36 hours and can't feel the glory of success because of these updates.

Tell me about it, I finally got the famously elusive 100% for Big Sky Infinity. I can help but feel that this is my fault, I got a trophy so rare that I broke the APIs... :P

• Like 2

Well the guys over at PS3Trophies.org will be wondering what's going on, as the annual THL (Trophy Hunters League) competition is about to commence at 8am on the 29th. PSNProfiles is the site they're using to track trophies and they wanted people to update pretty much right on the start time and then as regularly as possible after that.

This might throw a spanner in their works.

As RachP13 has said I'm pretty sure it is now clear to anyone who actually reads other posts/threads what has happened. Sly very rarely gives out updates, he will most often work his balls off to get it done and then say completed.

There is no point in him making a thread just to say 'looking into it' once a day.

So the main rule on this one would be to let Sly get on with it and not expect updates from him every 2 minutes. There are lots of threads to discuss this on too.

As for that competition, I guess it'll be a case of crossig fingers and hoping that Sly can figure this out sooner rather than later :)

• Like 2