Platinum unobtainable! (patch 1.06)

LegendaryPound69

4 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Overstuffed with short plats? I suggest you take a closer look at my profile then. Your "point" doesn't stand. Yes, I do indeed have a ton of short, simple platinums. Most serious trophy hunters that love building on their profiles do. But I have way more games that aren't short and aren't easy compared to the ones that are. Again, an in-depth look would reflect this fact and not what appears to be the cursory glance that you gave my list.

180+ ultra rares out of almost 22K is quite telling indeed))))

No offence.

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Don't mean to attack you but aren't you the dude who recently went ape shit over kingdoms of amalaur and decided to pre order it? So its funny to me that you think others pre ordering something is them making a mistake. 

Never said anyone was making a mistake, did I? Nah I believe not. I said people are taking the risk of being burned or something to that effect. As for pre-ordering it would indeed have been my very first pre-order ever but I decided to cancel it some time ago. But nice try though.

1 hour ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

180+ ultra rares out of almost 22K is quite telling indeed))))

No offence.

What does rarity have to do with anything? Besides, all that rarity nonsense is nothing I personally find reliable. Things like "ultra rares" doesn't always mean that it's something that can only be earned  by the elitist gamer. It could mean that people just aren't playing that specific game. Or servers shut down therefore not many had a chance to earn whatever trophy it was beforehand. It could mean a variety of different things.

But anyway, kinda done with this thread and moving on. Take care.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

1 hour ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Lol it would be nice to see relevant information. 

Sorry. 

1 hour ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Well, it was you who suggested a closer look at your profile to berate an opinion. That's exactly what I did. It stands.

It's also you who's keeping this off-topic conversation afloat.

To berate: scold or criticize (someone) angrily. So, yeah, kinda doesn't fit the bill. Dude tried to take a dig at me for having a bunch of Ratalaika games on my list making it sound like it's all I have so I suggested (key word here) that he take a closer look at my profile. And then you come along with a little dig attempt of your own with this rarity nonsense like it holds any kind of weight or means anything substantial. But I'm keeping the off-topic conversation afloat? It's just me though, right? Pot meet kettle dude. You did the same thing by replying BOTH times. 

On 8/9/2020 at 0:01 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

That’s dumb though, it’s the people that buy right away that actually support the game, if everybody did what you say, the industry would die. I’ll buy and pre-order as much as I want thank you.

If you want to pre-order  games, go right ahead,  it's your money, but don't spread psychological terrorism about game companies  dying if pre-ordering stops being the norm.

Would they get less money? Possibly, there are games such as Demon's Souls that sold like trash  first week,  but later on became hits, it's not like bloating  the budget on overused voice actors, publicity and other stuff like water physics isn't part of the problem, if, by chance, majority of people would stop to pre-order  companies wouldn't bankrupt overnight, they would just re-think their approach, expectations, budget  and, perhaps, with some luck,  give a finished product at the start, just to inform the loyalists  that "y-you  don't have to listen to others, see, we actually tested our product before selling it".

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

On Topic: For a game, self-proclaimed ‘AAA title’, to come out at release with a Day One unobtainable platinum issue screams about the bugs, glitches, & shotty overall production of this game.  Did the latest patch fix the platinum error?

Off topic: we live in a society today that leaves us more informed about anything under the sun, compared to our parents/grandparents when they were growing up.  The development issues with Marvel’s Avengers have been well documented before reviews from publications/Youtubers hit the street.  And even then...I haven’t found a Youtuber that didn’t rip the game a new one.

But it IS still subjective to the buyer.  I wouldn’t preorder/buy this game Day One with @DaivRules’s money (although I think he has plenty with his ‘disability’ checks). Yeah...it’s really bad, TO ME.  Some people will pay $60 because it has the title Avengers, that’s good enough, no problem.

But on an online gaming forum...people will judge you harshly for your ‘casual’ gaming buying habits.  For example: ‘Run Sackboy Run!’, DaivRules?!  ? Dude...somebody sit down and talk to this one...?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation

1 hour ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Just a bit more on-topic.

The Devs are aware of the Trophies/Achievements being bugged but dont have an ETA on when they will be fixed or whether they will pop retroactively when they are fixed.

They said 'Possibly' on patch 1.3.0 but arent sure.

Sometimes I wonder how they mess up simple counters. Oh the trophies unlock at number 50. He finished number 50. Let's not give them a trophy
And they don't know if it unlocks retroactive. That would be kind of a bummer if you have to do it all again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

If you want to pre-order  games, go right ahead,  it's your money, but don't spread psychological terrorism about game companies  dying if pre-ordering stops being the norm.

Would they get less money? Possibly, there are games such as Demon's Souls that sold like trash  first week,  but later on became hits, it's not like bloating  the budget on overused voice actors, publicity and other stuff like water physics isn't part of the problem, if, by chance, majority of people would stop to pre-order  companies wouldn't bankrupt overnight, they would just re-think their approach, expectations, budget  and, perhaps, with some luck,  give a finished product at the start, just to inform the loyalists  that "y-you  don't have to listen to others, see, we actually tested our product before selling it".

Exactly. And that's why I said what I did earlier when Dark said the gaming industry would die. I never meant to derail the OP's topic but I can't help but comment on shit that I just find to be illogical. If people STOPPED pre-ordering maybe the devs would do exactly what you said scemopagliaccioh. 

5 hours ago, Starcade_Legend said:

On Topic: For a game, self-proclaimed ‘AAA title’, to come out at release with a Day One unobtainable platinum issue screams about the bugs, glitches, & shotty overall production of this game.  Did the latest patch fix the platinum error?

Off topic: we live in a society today that leaves us more informed about anything under the sun, compared to our parents/grandparents when they were growing up.  The development issues with Marvel’s Avengers have been well documented before reviews from publications/Youtubers hit the street.  And even then...I haven’t found a Youtuber that didn’t rip the game a new one.

But it IS still subjective to the buyer.  I wouldn’t preorder/buy this game Day One with @DaivRules’s money (although I think he has plenty with his ‘disability’ checks). Yeah...it’s really bad, TO ME.  Some people will pay $60 because it has the title Avengers, that’s good enough, no problem.

But on an online gaming forum...people will judge you harshly for your ‘casual’ gaming buying habits.  For example: ‘Run Sackboy Run!’, DaivRules?!  ? Dude...somebody sit down and talk to this one...1f605.png

Ouch, lol! You really don't like him I take it? ?

5 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Sometimes I wonder how they mess up simple counters. Oh the trophies unlock at number 50. He finished number 50. Let's not give them a trophy
And they don't know if it unlocks retroactive. That would be kind of a bummer if you have to do it all again

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

You wouldn’t think it would be that difficult to code it to check have they done 50 or more rather than exactly 50, which would just make it pop on the next one if it went wrong, or do what many games do and have a trophy check take place when you first load the game to catch any it’s missed.

Edited by richtayls

6 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Psychological Terrorism? You’re kidding right? It’s a plain economic reality that if no one bought or pre-ordered day one, that games would cease to exist, if they don’t make money they cease to exist, they can’t just “change their approach” if they have no money genius. talk about denying reality and calling it terrorism to acknowledge it. Games go through a QA process, you’re so ignorant it’s funny. 

16 minutes ago, richtayls said:

You wouldn’t think it would be that difficult to code it to check have they done 50 or more rather than exactly 50, which would just make it pop on the next one if it went wrong, or do what many games do and have a trophy check take place when you first load the game to catch any it’s missed.

Coding isn’t easy, gamers always talk about these things like they’re no big deal. Modern gamers are so entitled and ignorant. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Coding isn’t easy, gamers always talk about these things like they’re no big deal. 

Though I know nothing about coding I'll have to agree that I seriously doubt that there's anything easy about coding whatsoever. I'll be honest with everybody, once upon a time I gamed just to game, before trophies even existed. Trophies came along and something changed within me and ruined gaming for me forever. I wish they'd just scrap trophies altogether and just go back to how it used to be. But I'm sure it'll never happen because it's a strong selling point for them. They know trophies sell. Hell, just ask Ratalaika, they're experts on the subject. Realistically how many people would ever buy the garbage they publish if trophies didn't exist? I'll go out on a limb here and estimate the number to be quite low.

23 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

That's correct. Exciting indeed.

Gaming is legit one of the most cost friendly, awesome hobbys around.

And you actully care about "building" your profile. lol

Just remember creating a building out of the weakest cheapest bricks you can buy only leads to shity looking, less then stable house. ???

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Gaming is legit one of the most cost friendly, awesome hobbys around.

If you say so.  thumbsup.gif

And you actully care about "building" your profile. lol

I'm a trophy hunter, why wouldn't I care?  confused.gif

Just remember creating a building out of the weakest cheapest bricks you can buy only leads to shity looking, less then stable house. 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

no clue what you mean by this but um, ok?  slick.gif

Edited by MrTacoNinja

35 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

If you say so.  thumbsup.gif

I'm a trophy hunter, why wouldn't I care?  confused.gif

no clue what you mean by this but um, ok?  slick.gif

Im basically saying its kinda sad you care about building a acount out of weak cheap bricks. In this case mediocore garbage(in your words) games.

I really dont care if you do btw, if you want to be bored all the time, have no fun what so ever and have a sweet hobby like gaming be overtaken by some need build a high ranking acount base on a garbage rule set on this site.

Then be all you can be I guess. lol

• Like 1

Ugh. This again?! Really? Are you really another one that I have to tell to take a closer look at my ENTIRE list because you decided to only look at a small percentage of my most recent games? Go ahead, do so. You're just like the last person I had to explain this shit to. Both of you make it sound like I built my entire profile from the ground up based off these cheap gimme platinums when in all actuality that couldn't be further from the truth. When you notice the ratio of shit games like Ratalaika to other games that took me time, dedication, frustration, etc., you'll notice a vast contrast. Hundreds of thousands of people do this exact same thing, by the way. By the exact same thing I mean cheap gimme platinums. It's called trophy hunting. But I get the feeling I'm beating a dead horse here though trying to explain this to you because by the sounds of it you're that type that mostly only plays games "just for fun" and occasionally will hunt the platinum and to all others like myself who like to play games for trophies as well as buy cheap gimme platinums you view us as cancer to the gaming community.

Bored all the time? Having no fun whatsoever? A "need to build" a high ranking account? First of all, not bored at all doing this. I've been doing this since 2012 and it's actually quite fun to me. And secondly, I don't have a need to build anything. It's something I consider a hobby just as you do. Just because you don't care about trophies, ranking up your profile, your game percentage completion ratings, world rankings, etc., doesn't mean you're any lesser of a gamer from anyone else just as it does not mean I'm lesser as a gamer because I do. To say that it's "kinda sad" that I do what hundreds of thousands of other trophy hunters do just makes you sound like you think you're better than us just because you don't do it. I'm way too elitist and above you all to be bothered with such peasantry.. that's how you come across dude. Like, because people like myself like to hunt those cheaply priced, low-end platinums we're all beneath you because you, Mr Elitist Gaming God, would never stoop to such levels. Get off your high horse. There's nothing sad about what I and hundreds of thousands of others do. There's nothing pathetic about what I and hundreds of thousands of others do. What is sad and pathetic, however, is that we have judgemental motherfuckers like you that think their shit doesn't stink and likes to try and criticize and belittle others that do it. News flash there for ya champ: you're no better than anyone else.

Also, to kind of paraphrase an earlier post of mine on page 1 in case you somehow didn't see it: the biggest reason I buy those Ratalaika games is due to the fact that they're cheap as hell to buy (I'm not exactly well off financially), they're cross-buy so I'm getting two platinums for the price of one and I wind up having less regret in the long run. And by less regret I mean I'd rather pay these cheap prices and get 2 platinums out of it compared to one 40+ dollar game that only offers ONE platinum because, as mentioned previously, I'll never play ANY of these games ever again once I have the platinum so to me it feels less so that I'm throwing my money away and more so as a bargain that I got a fantastic deal out of. 

• Like 1